Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 17, 2009

Hi Belinda! I am toying with the idea of Rhythmic Step later...I got a great calorie burn with it earlier in the week, plus it's just FUN! I also have some non Cathe DVDs that I haven't tried yet-- a few Kelley Coffey Meyer ones that have been calling. Oh well, I have time to decide- my cardio is scheduled for later after the kids are napping.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning. I just got done doing KPC. I felt like I needed some additional ab work this week so that worked out great plus I can only do step once a week. I'm not alll that sore this morning like I thought I would be but I did Stretch Max yesterday afternoon and then took a hot bath. I guess we'll see as the day goes on. So naturally I'm thinking now that I should have gone heavier on those darn leg presses. lol

Karen-how are your legs feeling today?

Belinda-how is your cold?

Have a good day and a good workout girls,
Bev

Hi girls,

I went to the gym with DH! I did iClimb Set 12 , 45 min on the elliptical . WOW! What a workout! I burned 490 cal. It was a nice change! I have all new iTreads which I still have to try and CC!

Debbie** I am happy to report that I have lost 8 lb. with your Dec. and Jan. rotations! And I am keeping them off! Thanks for putting butt kicking rotations like this together for us and sharing your knowledge! You are always so nice and helpful. You are a gem on this forum! THANK YOU!

Patti** have fun with RS! I did that one a few days ago!

Bev** thanks for asking! I am having nasal congestion and sinusitis. I am using SaltAire it’s a Sinus and Allergy relief which seems to work, I feel more clearer and open when I use it. I am glad it’s not in my chest! When I work out my nose is running like a faucet, lol! Awesome job with KPC today! Love that one!

Hi to everyone that follows!

Have a wonderful day and workout!

Hey All!

I did Rhythmic Step this morning... Love this workout, because I just get so into the moving and step sequences, i don't even realize I'm sweating and my HR is UP there! My favorite move is the transition into the Pendulum, cha cha, I always feel so coordinated doing that!

Can you believe, Week #3 done? :eek:

Gread rotating with you all!!

Good Morning!

I just finished my long run of 9 miles. Whew!:p And yesterday was PLB so my legs need a rest! I used my weighted vest and dbbls for PLB.
I just bought the book,The New Rules of Lifting for Women. Does anyone have that?

Very excited about Cathe's announcement of STS!:)
I don't plan to start until March after I run the half marathon.
We will be gone for a week in mid March. Has anyone asked Cathe what to do when you miss a few days in the middle of STS?

Today I did a Cardio Coach mix I made up and had an excellent workout. It only had two challenges on it, but both were fairly long and tough. The first one was from CC #7, challenge #2 or #1 from PP and the second challenge was from #4, challenge #3.

Cardio stats:
43 minutes
6 minutes below zone
15 minutes in zone
24 minutes above zone
361 calories burned
2.5 miles travelled

Tomorrow is my rest day! Hope you all have a weekend!

Belinda - Excellent on your results! I am proud of you!

FROM YESTERDAY'S POSTS:

Debbie,

When doing the Oxygen ab routine, do you one type of e-cise first? ex: all hanging knee raises, or do you alternate each e-cise then start over. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as you get the reps in. I wanna try it today.

Thanks Dana

Dana, You do it this way:

15 reps handing knee raises
right into
15 reps bench V-ups
right into
15 reps reverse bench cruches.

Take a 1 minute rest and then do it again with 12 reps. Take a 1 minute rest and do it again with 10 reps.

Debbie: Those ab exercises look tough!! Do they picture the moves or just explain them in Oxygen? And , uh, does that say 170 lbs??? :confused: I can see why your legs would be burned out after the weight work.

There are pictures in the magazine for these which helped a lot. Plus tips on how to do the movements. And yes, that was 170#. And my glutes are screaming at me today!!!! :eek:

Does anyone take supplements or anything for joint pain? My knees are hurting and you can hear every bit of them when I bend them.

Veronika

Veronika, I take Glucosomine every day, twice daily. They help a lot with joint pain.

Hotpants - Love your AVI. Is that your motorcycle???

Getting caught up here on the workouts for the last week....so today I did the PUB BSB pyramid and then the up only part of the pyramid. OMG, my biceps were fried! I had to drop the weights for the repeated up only for biceps and shoulders. Then I finished up with LIC abs, just because.

Debbie, That is sooooo much weight. You are incredible. I bet you can bounce quarters off your bum. Awesome.
I am about to do my cardio but have not picked anything out yet.
Gin, how long did it take you to run 9miles? I'm thinking I might start STS in March also. I still have not done my 1RMs.
Belinda, that is wonderful that you have lost 8 #'s. I have lost 3 since doing last month's ant this months rotation. It seems though that I lost more by the way my jeans are fitting. The scale says only three lost. It still feels good. I did get a little to excited with the three pound loss and had some Ben and Jerry ice cream with my DH while we wer out on a date.

ok, I just read my last post after I sent it and y'all are too kind. I make so many mistakes while I type and none of you have ever mentioned that I'm a terrible typist. I really need to reread my posts before I send them and correct all the mistakes.
I am off to working out.
Veronika

I missed posting yesterday, but completed PLB in its entirety. Legs are nicely sore today.

I ended up taking an unscheduled rest day the day we were supposed to do IMAX. Sooo... I decided to rev up the metabolism today and did IMAX Extreme. I know I ended up buring more muscle than fat, but felt like I needed to do something to kick start some weight loss (of course cleaning up my diet would help).

In any event, 75 minutes, 825 calories burned.

My cardio workout was terrible. My legs are very sore from yesterdays workout. In particular my hamstrings. I could not finish Power Step. I was even taking breaks in between the workout because I couldn't do it or get the steps. and you know, that workout is not complicated. I am tired. I'm glad to know tomorrow is a rest day and Monday will be upper body something.
Veronika

I did lower body and abs today. Did my own thing. Kinda followed a workout from Oxygen Collector's Edition for Glutes (Spring 2007)

LEGS
Squat Jumps 20x
Alt. Jump Lunges 20x
Leg Press: (6 risers) 20# db 10/10/10
Reverse Lunge (off topper + 1 riser) 20#db 10/10/10
Static Lunge: 65# bb 10/10, 75# 8/6
Superset Squats/Plies: 75# 10, 80# 8/8
Leg Extensions: 60# 10, 75# 8/8
Elevated Deadlifts: (topper) 65# 10/10/10
Leg Curls: 35# 12 (hamstring started to cramp)
Calf Raises: (topper) Reg/toes in/toes out 32/32/32 repeated 16/16/16
on floor w/15# db 32x
Standing Hip Ext: 10# AW 10/10/10
Firewalkers
Butts and Guts: 10#AW Straight leg lift - 16, Pizza Press -16, bent knee -16
Glute Squeezes on stability ball: various count and reps

ABS
Hanging Leg Raises: (straight) 15/12/10
Bench V-ups: 15/12/10
Bench Reverse Curls: 15/12/10
Crunches: 50 (various)
Side Oblique Crunch: 24
Froggy Crunch: 50
V-up w/10 sec hold: 10
Reverse Crunch: 16
Oblique Crunch: 16
Bicycle: 50
Planks:1.5 minute plank (straight arm) - 30 sec rest - 1 minute plank (straight arm) - 1 minute rest - 1 minute plank (on elbows)

Belinda...congrats on the weight loss! Whoo hoo! :D

Veronika...LOL! I think the same thing somtimes when I re-read my posts and see how many errors (especially since I'm in education). No worries! Not like we are being graded! :p

Hello Ladies,

Soo glad the weekend is here.

Veronika, I can empathise with you. Sometimes you don't realize how fatigued your muscles are, until you start trying to do a cardio workout, or any workout for that matter. I hate when that happens. I too am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow :)

My workout today was KPC all the way through. That is some calorie burning workout! I had forgotten how good that workout is.

Hope you are all having a great weekend :)

Hello everyone,

Step blast today, I burned 511 calories, I was pretty psyched about that.

I really love this rotation, and the last one too. I think it's getting me to try workouts I haven't done in eons, and also intoducing me to new ways to mix up the workouts I've been doing forever. So much fun.

Debbie, I am going to have to revisit some of your older rotations, I've enjoyed these so. Unless of course you're planning on a February rotation (fingers crossed with anxious look of hopeful anticipation on face)

Have a wonderful Sunday. Enjoy the rest day for those of you resting.

Hey Gals!

Can you beleive we only have 1 week left of this rotation?:( I am trying to come up with my own rotation for Feb but I probably won't follow it cause I don't have all of you girls to check in with me:(:(:(:) I may do this rotation again...or Dec! Im not sure.

Todays workout was a 6.15 mile run in 55 mins. I was happy with what I did. When I get on the TM I don't know if I will be on there for 30 mins or 2 hours....

Lori:)

Good morning. I just got done doing KPC. I felt like I needed some additional ab work this week so that worked out great plus I can only do step once a week. I'm not alll that sore this morning like I thought I would be but I did Stretch Max yesterday afternoon and then took a hot bath. I guess we'll see as the day goes on. So naturally I'm thinking now that I should have gone heavier on those darn leg presses. lol

Karen-how are your legs feeling today?

Belinda-how is your cold?

Have a good day and a good workout girls,
Bev
Bev - I should have done stretch max last night too - I think it would have helped. OMG have mercy on my lower body!! I a very sore. My hamstrings are really tight - I'm not sure how I did cardio today - but I didn't do anything with alot of kicks so I think that helped!

Good evening! I was later on my cardio today- I opted for KCM's Cardio Kick Step Boxing. It was so much fun! She had a short tutorial that taught the more complex moves, which were intermediate at most. I burned 730 calories in an hour! Woo hoo!

Have a great night everyone! I must do 1RMs tomorrow on my rest day. Le sigh.

Today was supposed to be Step Blast - but I felt like switching it up today and I really wanted to push myself today. (that was before the DOMS from yesterdays leg workout).

I chose to do Hardcore Extremes - High/Low Intervals (73 mins)
High/Low Intervals (approx 73 min)
Lomax Warm Up
Lomax Step Combo #1(this includes the blast too)
Imax Interval 2(includes blast)
Imax Interval 3(this includes the blast too)
Lomax Step Combo #3(includes blast)
Imax Interval 6(this includes blast)
Imax Interval 7(this includes blast)
Lomax Step Combo #4 (this includes blast)
Imax Interval 10(this includes blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge
Kick Max stretch

I felt really good throughout most of the WO and then the KMBC started. I think I swore at the tv. I manage to kick out 5 of the blasts and then had to stop. :( I followed it up with abs from Slim and Sculpt. My HRM said I burned 885 calories!!! I was excited about that! Now I am just looking forward to resting. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.