Fitnessfreak's December Rotation for 12/16

Today I did Cardio Kicks. Long long time since I've done this workout. I enjoyed it but really didn't get my HR up there all that high. I wore my 1# hand weights. Love those arm drills at the end. This is my favorite Cathe kickbox workout.

Cardio stats:
59 minutes
40 minutes in zone
305 calories burned
(which surprised me, I didn't think I passed 250)

Hope you all have a great workout! Be back later!

Good morning everyone. Today was cardio. I don't have cardio kicks so I did Drill Max cardio premix (39min) instead. I did not feel like moving much this morning so this was a bad choice for me. I did make it through - but my left hamstring feels strained now. Sigh.

I forgot we had abs to do today and I ran out of time. I will try to squeeze those in tonight while watching the finale of Biggest Loser.

Good Morning,

Due to youngest DD workout didn't get done so tonite is LM 1-4 back and biceps and C&W abs. I won't to stay on track. I also need you guys to help me be accountable for the leg workouts didn't do that one last week.

Debbie-did you do abs today?

DANGGIT!!! No I didn't do my abs today. Geez. I'll do them when I get home.

Someone asked on yesterdays thread about doing Back and Biceps twice this week. This is correct. Since we are taking two rest days next week due to Christmas, I had to double up on something.

WHERE IS EVERYONE???? Am I losing some people with this rotation???? :(

Debbie - I was wondering the same thing - where is everyone? Everyone was so upbeat and keeping me motivated in the beginning. I guess with the holidays everyone is too busy to post??

Haven't lost me yet

This is my first time checking in - sorry, I'm not much of a poster. But I have been doing this rotation right along with everyone. I have to say, I'm seeing 4DS in a whole new light. It was not at the top of my list prior to this rotation, but now I'm seeing how to modify it to suit me more - Thanks.
I snapped my med tension band yesterday on seated rows - maybe Santa will bring me another one!
I'm off to do some cardio plus abs before work. Thanks for the rotation, Debbie!

This is my first time checking in - sorry, I'm not much of a poster. But I have been doing this rotation right along with everyone. I have to say, I'm seeing 4DS in a whole new light. It was not at the top of my list prior to this rotation, but now I'm seeing how to modify it to suit me more - Thanks.
I snapped my med tension band yesterday on seated rows - maybe Santa will bring me another one!
I'm off to do some cardio plus abs before work. Thanks for the rotation, Debbie!

Thanks for checking in, Wendy! I'm also seeing 4DS in a new light. I wasn't too crazy for this series but now I really love it! Its amazing what you can do when you change things around a bit.

Some of you were asking about magnets. This is where I got mine from and need to get more. When you get to this page, go down to the 9th item, it's the Dandiest Donut Magnets in the world or something like that. They are a half pound each. I have 8 of them.

Also, you need to wrap them with electrical tape because they crack very easily. They are very strong magnets and when stacked together, they bend to break.

http://www.sciplus.com/search.cfm/term/magnets/start/1/maxrows/11/srch.fp/1

Good Morning everyone. Glad to report I did Cardio Kicks early this morning @5:15am.Woke up before everyone else did and it felt great. I wont be able to workout tonight because of the biggest loser. I'll be doing CW abs tonight on commercial breaks. Anyway got some gooodddd DOMS in my back from yesterdays workout and I did it in the gym too. YEAHHHH!! Last night I had way tooo many Cheeze Its. I love those things they taste sooo good!:p
I woke up feeling very swollen:( Isnt it funny when your body is not use to those kind of foods anymore you have a reaction to it?

Yesterday my husband and I bought our christmas tree. He always has to buy a big one so we bought an 8ft tree. Our 3yr daughter helped us decorate it with lights and balls and other ornaments. We put our stockings up and she was soo excited and soo happy. When she woke up this morning and saw the tree again it was like she had forgotten that we put it together last night and her reaction was soo beautiful. Ohhhh myyyy goodnessss mommy the treeeeee. I've become such a mush as I've gotten older... Sorry I just had to share. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Lilly

Sorry that I haven't posted, not even sure if I'm doing it right. I have been doing this rotation with you guys and I think it is great! This is the first rotation that I have actually stuck with. I really like repeating the workout. I'm trying to cut back on cardio (usually do cardio every day) but it is very tough to break that habit. I think I need your reasurance that I won't gain. I'm hoping this will break my platue. I'm 5'2" 130# and 43 years old.

Morning!
I’m still here and loving this rotation Debbie! I like using different premixes on 4DS, it makes it feel like a whole different workout.

This morning I did the C&W abs and ran 5.5 miles (using iTread 24 runintervals). My heart rate monitor (I have a Polar F11) said I burned 796 calories and my average heart rate was 163 bpm. What type of heart rate monitor are you using Debbie? My F11 has me do a “fit test” and enter my height , weight, and age. My resting heart rate is very low (52 bpm) for my age so I think that’s why it calculates these high burn rate numbers because it thinks when my heart rate gets above 160 bpm, I should be dead, lol! I’m only 45 years old, BTW.

I have a couple of sets of the hex platemates (that fit a set of dumbbells) and a set of donut platemates (for a barbell). They come in increments of 1.25 lbs. each so a set increases the poundage by 2.5 lbs. I really like those half pound magnets, they’d be good for small increases. Thanks for the link!

Kathy

This morning I did Kick Max Low Impact Kick Box premix and followed it up with HSC Abs. I don't have Cardio Kicks and while I'd like it, I don't care much for circuit workouts and don't feel like spending the money for two workouts when I'd only use one of them.

Lilly does your daughter leave things on the tree as they are or is she continually wanting to move everything around? This is the first year the stuff on our tree has stayed put and my youngest is 7! The child is obsessed with having everything as Christmassy looking as possible and although we've had the tree up for a week now, every day he looks for some new way to get more "decorations" for the house. I have a couple extra strands of lights and apparently today I have to go outside in the frigid cold and put them up somewhere. We've never done outdoor lights and two strings is going to make a pretty minimal display, that he can't see from indoors, but "people driving by will like." He's on the small side, so maybe Santa would like to borrow him to help the elves out until Christmas ;-)

Cathy:

We just put the tree up yesterday and I must say she's doing pretty good. Although she keeps touching this one particular ornament. It's one that she made last year in daycare. This is also the first time that I have actually decorated the outside of our house. We put lights around the house and we also put up a few of those inflatable things. She's like so proud and everyday when I get home from work and I pull into my driveway she says okay mommy time for lights and we mainly did it just for her because this year I feel like this is her year. She's really understanding things like Santa and Halloween. Last year she was only 2 and I dont think she was as aware as she is now. Sorry for rambling:rolleyes: but I think these are the best years. I also have a 16 year daughter and thats on the opposite side of the spectrum.LOL:D:D
Have a great day.

Hey everyone,

I've been doing this rotation along with all of you since the beginning of December, but just hadn't been posting. Any who, I have incredible DOMs from the back workout yesterday. I am loving this rotation. It's seems so very different than the standard 3 days cardio, 3 days weights I've been doing since time began. Maybe it'll shake a few pounds off too!! I agree that those premixes breathe new life into 4DS for me.

I just couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning at 5:30am for Cardio Kicks, but I plan on getting it done after work.

Good Morning everyone. Glad to report I did Cardio Kicks early this morning @5:15am.Woke up before everyone else did and it felt great. I wont be able to workout tonight because of the biggest loser. I'll be doing CW abs tonight on commercial breaks. Anyway got some gooodddd DOMS in my back from yesterdays workout and I did it in the gym too. YEAHHHH!! Last night I had way tooo many Cheeze Its. I love those things they taste sooo good!:p
I woke up feeling very swollen:( Isnt it funny when your body is not use to those kind of foods anymore you have a reaction to it?

Yesterday my husband and I bought our christmas tree. He always has to buy a big one so we bought an 8ft tree. Our 3yr daughter helped us decorate it with lights and balls and other ornaments. We put our stockings up and she was soo excited and soo happy. When she woke up this morning and saw the tree again it was like she had forgotten that we put it together last night and her reaction was soo beautiful. Ohhhh myyyy goodnessss mommy the treeeeee. I've become such a mush as I've gotten older... Sorry I just had to share. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Lilly
So who are you cheering for on the biggest loser? Vicki and Heba were so mean during the show I just can't bring myself to wish them any luck. I know - its mean - but I can't help it.

This morning I did the C&W abs and ran 5.5 miles (using iTread 24 runintervals). My heart rate monitor (I have a Polar F11) said I burned 796 calories and my average heart rate was 163 bpm. What type of heart rate monitor are you using Debbie? My F11 has me do a “fit test” and enter my height , weight, and age. My resting heart rate is very low (52 bpm) for my age so I think that’s why it calculates these high burn rate numbers because it thinks when my heart rate gets above 160 bpm, I should be dead, lol! I’m only 45 years old, BTW.
Kathy

Hi Kathy,
I have a Nike Imara. I've had many Polar's and have had nothing but problems with them. I love my Nike. I also did the fit test with this and entered in my age, weight and that I'm female. I get these kinds of calorie burns all the time, I just don't burn a lot of calories. It takes a lot for my HR to rise. Today I was only in the 140 range for the middle and end part of this workout. It takes me alot to burn a good number of calories. Kind of frustrating.

I want the young girl to win. Renee's daughter. I forgot her name. Yeah I agree Im not to thrilled about Heba or Vicky. They both could keep hogging along. Sorry if Im being offensive .:confused::confused:

Here is yesterday’s workout. Be back later to read toady’s posts!

BACK/BICEPS
Round 1
Supermans (warmup)

One Arm Rows (warmup): 20's - 16 reps

One Arm Rows: 30# - 8 reps 2/2 cnt.

Standing Hammer Curls w/Twist: 15's - 12 reps; 20's 10 reps
Standing Dumbbell Curls: 20's - 8 reps; 25's 6 reps
*Second time around I did the same

Round 2
One Arm Rows: 30# - 8 reps
*2nd time same

Barbell Crazy 8's: 30# - 8 reps/8 reps bottom half, 8 reps top half
*Second set I used 25#.
Reverse Curls: 12's - 10 reps.

Round 3
Underhand Barbell Rows: 60# - 7 reps; 8 reps

*2nd set 50#

Incline Hammer Curls w/Twist on Stability Ball: 15's - 12 reps
Hammer Curls on Stability Ball: 15's - 8 reps

Round 4
Incline Pullovers: 30# - 8 reps slow counts
* 2nd set 25 .

Seated Concentration Curls: 25# - 12 reps
*Used 25# second time, 4 reps, 20# for 5 reps

Wrist Curls: 10's - 16 reps

Round 5
Back Pulls w/Band: Yellow
superset w/
Y's w/Band: Yellow

debbie, another lurker but follower!
i had my 3rd baby 2 months ago. i'm just about at my pre-preg weight and the scale is STUCK but my body is changing in good ways. i havent weighed myself in over a week - dont want to get discouraged by a number.
this rotation is tons of fun - i'm really enjoying it and pushing myself harder each workout. i upped my weights for 1-arm rows by 10# and dead rows by 20#.
for squats i'm maxed out at what i can hoist over my head. we have a smith machine w/ a squat thing i keep meaning to use. also, dh wants to buy a leg press machine - he hates standing for squats. what do you think about this?
also in our fitness splurge next month we're going to buy a versaclimber - i hope!!!! have you ever used one? it is a fantastic piece of equipment!

hope everyone has a good day!

ps - hello jenn! hows shelby?

Hi All,
I missed yesterdays workout due to the fact that I got up extremely late.I even took my son to school an hour late. What do you say about that. Then the whole day was off and we had two birthday parties to attend.It was crazy. Today I am doing yesterdays workout and will try to keep up with everyone. Count me in everyone . I am finishing this rotation strong and will see you to the end.

I hve a question Debbie, Would it hurt to do weights and the cardio today to stay on the same schedule with most everyone or should I just stay a day behind and act like yesterday was my day off for the week?

Veronika

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.