Fitnessfreak's December Rotation for 12/13

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I am not sure if I get my workout in today? I am getting ready to pick my kids up from Munich!

Have a great workout and weekend!

Fitnessfreak, please read

Good Morning,

Today is my birthday! 38. I'm stronger now than I have ever been. I just hope that I can keep up with my 70 year old father. He runs, officiates basketball and umpires baseball. Isn't that awesome? I'm so inspired by that.

Fitnessfreak, thank you so much for making this rotation. This is my first time posting but I look at it every day. I just don't have time to post. Anyway, I wanted to say thanks because you always put together such good combinations. Also, I love that you tell how much weight you're using. I'm not as strong as you are but it gives me something to strive for. Also, I remember a long time ago how you said that you should always try to lift as heavy as you can and try to add a little more each time. That really helps to push me a little more. I always think of that and I think that's why I'm seeing results. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm always happy when I follow your rotations. You truely are appreciated.

GS Legs

LEGS
Squats
50# - 3 sets/16 reps w/low ends

Front Lunges
8#- 2 sets/8 reps

Rear Lunges
8# (Should go heavier next time- maybe 12s)

Plie Squats
40# - 2 sets-did do all the pulses probably should have dropped down

Leg Press
purple tube

Deadlifts
40# - 1 sets/16 reps
Tried doing stiff legs just an uncomfortable excercise for me. Went to reg dead lifts mid way .

Slow Motion Lunges:
4#- 2 sets or 4 very flow count brutal butt burning reps.
Fitness Freak mad props to you for doing 12s on these. I could barely hang with 4#. This is the nastiest burn.

Shin Pulls w/Ball

Glute Raises w/Ball-Booty Burn

One Leg Roll Outs: I dont know if these are good for me. They really hurt my knees. My knees feel "gritty" inside. Can't describe it.

Glute Tucks I don't know about these either. I wonder if I should lower or add risers. Does anyone know what it would create adding or lowering? More emphasis or less? I have long legs. Not sure if that makes a difference.

This ended my floor work. I had to get ready to go to the Clothing Drive.

Iris u asked where most of us workout. I workout at home. I use to belong to a Gym, but when I moved. I didn't see myself going there. It would have been more than a 15 min drive. Plus most of them don't open early enough.

Well everyone have a great weekend. Dont have time to post HRM stats

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VEGGIEGIRL. Hope it is a pleasant one.

Last edited:
Good Morning!!!!:)

Although...I wish i were still in bed. We have DH's christmas party tonight and today was the morning DS decided to wake up at 6:50...when he normally sleeps until 9'ish! I guess he will be having a nap today:)

I didn't get yesterdays workout in until last night. I did todays workout as well and Imax 3, and I am planning a long run and abs for today. Whenever I have a night out, I always like to get a good cardio workout in, then I don't feel bad about stuffing my face!:eek: Imax 3 was tough with sore legs though:rolleyes::confused:

Veggiegirl** Happy Birthday!!! My goal when I turned 30 was to be in better shape then i was when I was 20 and I was and still am:D I love hearing stories regarding active older people!!!

I will return later to report what I actually did.

Lori

Happy Birthday Veggiegirl! I've got 10 years on you and it really just gets better :) And that's fantastic how active your father is, what an incredible example he sets for everyone around him!

I did Shoulders and Triceps today and I managed to use 15's for all but the last two reps of the overhead presses. I don't think I've ever done more than one set with 15's! Did pretty well with everything else, too.

Now I'm off to shop and then home for a bit and off to DS's basketball game and more shopping.

Happy Birthday, Veggiegirl!!! I think that's AWESOME about your dad....give him a run for his money!!!

GS Tris, Shoulders, and SJ&P abs DONE! Whew! DONE! I upped all my weights by 1# just to see if I could do it, and guess what. I DID! lol And felt it too!

I'm headed to Jersey this afternoon for our Tri-Stater Get Together!!! I can't wait! We're all meeting at the mall tomorrow for a 2pm lunch, and a date with Santa. Can't wait to see all of us Catheites on Santa's lap! LOL Then Monday's workout will be Cathe's class, and then I'll figure out how to get back on the rotation Tuesday. If I don't check in tomorrow, it's just because we're too busy having fun with Ellie, Phyllis and Jerry (from the boards here). I LOVE meeting up with fellow Catheites....it's like a special bond, and they are AWESOME PEOPLE!

OK....have a great day, whatever your plans are. Enjoy your family and friends around you. Enjoy the holiday spirit!!!!

Gayle

Hi Everyone! I'm done with GS shoulders and triceps (I did shoulders first because they are tough for me and I wasn't sure I could manage heavy weights there after working tri's), then 200 kettlebell swings, then the abs from SJP.

Happy Birthday, aveggiegirl!!! Before I read your post I was thinking about thanking Debbie once again. I feel like I could have written your post. Debbie, I pretty much never attempt to match Cathe's weights on upper body -- especially shoulders and triceps. This morning, because of you, I tried really hard. I couldn't for a few things, but I did for at least some, and I don't think I would have pushed myself that hard if it hadn't been for you. Also, here's something really crazy that I'm sort of embarassed to admit..... I cancelled STS in Sept/Oct because I realized I just don't like splits. Well, this week I re-ordered (xmas present from hubby), and I'm so excited about it! It's all because of you!!! Thank you, thank you! (SNM thanks you, too).

Have a terrific day everyone! Gayle, we can't wait to hear about the get together!

-Beth

Today was Gym Style Shoulders and Triceps. Had an excellent workout. I wish this shoulder work had a bit more in it, it just doesn't seem to work me all that hard.

SHOULDERS
Overhead Dumbbell Press: 25's - 2 sets/10 reps; 20's - 1 set/10 reps
***Did a little faster rep speed then Cathe. I wanted to go heavy with this first exercise.

Standing Lateral Raise: 12's - 2 sets/10 reps - 2/2 ct.
***Right shoulder is still bugging me.

Lateral Raise w/Band: Purple
***Great burn with this.

Front Raise w/Band: Purple

Dumbbell Rear Flies: 15's - 2 sets

Rear Delt Flies w/Band: Purple

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press: 60# - 2 sets/10 reps 2/2 ct.; last set she added 4 reps w/4/4 ct.
***Felt very stron with this exercise. IMO this is the best tricep muscle builder exercise.

Dips: HS w/3 risers - 24 reps

Dumbbell Lying Extensions: 15's - 2 sets/8 reps
***Love this exercise as well.

Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 25# - 2 sets/12 reps

Cross-Body Extentions: 12# - 2 sets/12 reps
***Another favorite.

Cross-Body Extentions w/Band: Purple
***Great burn here.

Kickbacks: 12# - 2 sets/10 reps
***Least favorite exercise.

Kickbacks w/Band: Purple

ABS
Step, Jump & Pump Ab Work

That is all....

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm done now until Monday.

Aveggiegirl - Happy Birthday! And your welcome! Glad to hear you are pushing yourself!

Beth - You are welcome too! I'm so glad I could help you strive for your goals!

Fitvix - Go back and read yesterday's posts. I put your calorie breakdown out there, you missed seeing it.

Good Morning,

Today I did GS tris and shoulders and 30 min on th TM plus SJP abs those are killer. I to want to jump on the thank you Debbie band wagon I would never have worked out so long on my own. Some day I hope to be able to lift the amount of wt she does, I think 8lbs was the most I used today and the light resistance bands and those are even tough for me. Going X-Mas shopping today and the wind is blowing about 20miles and hour with gusts up to 30.

Happy b-day to the birthday girl.

Everyone have a good day.

Good Morning :)

Checking in with 4DS Back/Biceps Premix twice....I can't believe I;m onto week 3 already...this is an awesome rotation.

Have a great day everyone!

WOW :eek: My body is feeling this rotation! Chest/Back still have DOMS from a couple days ago, Legs - I have DOMS in muscles that I've never had DOMS in before! Today I did the GS Bicep x 2

Barbell curls: 37#, had to drop to 35# for second round
Dumbbell parial reps: 10.5's
Concentration Curls: 15#
Concentration Curls: 18#
Curl up/Reverse Down: 12#
Hammer Curls: 12#
Wrist Curls: 11#
LIS ABS

Tomorrow I do IMAX2 (I switched a couple days around because of schedule conflicts). I'm so looking forward to that workout. I never realized that lifting so heavy was also such a mental workout, I'm looking forward to the heart pounding pina colada song!

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Veggiegirl!! Enjoy yourself!!

In spite of bad sinus pressure and a headache, I did GS: Shoulders & Triceps and then did 30 Minutes of Turbo Jam's Kickin Cardio .

I have to jump on the bandwagon to thank Debbie for this as well. This rotation AND you have been a HUGE motivation to me for lifting heavier and pushing myself! I'm surprising myself: I did 10 lb arm extensions today! :eek:

One question for you. when you say 30 Minutes of Cardio, does that include warm up and cool down? Or do you add those on? I always wondered that!

Yesterday I completed GS Legs, but I only did standing leg work only. I also did the core work from 4DS and Ab Ripper X.

GS LEGS I did
90# for all squats
10# dbs for lunges (could have used more..this felt like nothing)
All the other work without weights..stepper with band, etc)
I did my own stiff leg deadlifts with 115# 3/8 (again, could have gone higher, but didn't and I know 130 should be my limit for now anyways).
Plie Squats wit 45# db

Today I am gonna do 60 mins of cardio on elliptical. I will probably not be able to report stats, but you can bet I will burn at least 500 cals today.

happy birthday aveggie girl. i hope you have a wonderful day.

i am about to go do chest and tri's and abs. then off to the Spa. I can't believe I will be done with two weeks of faithfully working out and that I'm hanging with the best. My Christmas present to myself and I have all of you to thank. You are the BEST!

Veronika
I'll try to post when I'm done.

Happy Birthday Aveggie girl! Hope you are having a great day.

Today's workout is done. I'm on track with Shoulders & Triceps.

SHOULDERS
Overhead Dumbbell Press: 10's - 2 sets/10 reps; 20's - 1 set/10 reps

Standing Lateral Raise: 8's - 2 sets/10 reps - 2/2 ct.
**I can usually do these with 10's, but I wasn't feeling to strong today.

Lateral Raise w/Band: with 3 Lb. DB's

Front Raise w/Band: 5 Lb. DB's

Dumbbell Rear Flies: 8's - 1 set 2nd Set went with 5's

Rear Delt Flies w/Band: 5 Lb. Db's

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press: 25 - 2 sets/10 reps 2/2 ct.; last set she added 4 reps w/4/4 ct.

Dips: HS w/3 risers - 15 reps

Dumbbell Lying Extensions: 8's - 2 sets/8 reps

Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 15# - 2 sets/10 reps

Cross-Body Extentions: 10# - 1 sets/12 reps; 2nd Set 8's

Cross-Body Extentions: 5's

Kickbacks: 10# - 2 sets/10 reps

I was short on time rushing to get my daughter to an eye apt. so I had to skip abs and was only able to do 25 min. of cardio.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend :)

I am behind on the rotation as I missed a couple days but will get the workouts in today and tomorrow.

Today I did 4DS LIS w/8 inch step and made it high impact and Gym Style Legs. This is the first time I did GS legs workout and now I know why you all recommended it and how Cathe really changes things up with the floor work. Who knew working out with bands could burn so much! Love this workout! Stats are as follows:
LEGS
Squats:
70# - 3 sets/16 reps...low ends

Front Lunges:
15's - 2 sets/8 reps

Rear Lunges:
15's - Lots of different counts and reps

Plie Squats:
30# - 2 sets/16 reps/pulses
*Didn't like holding the two db. Next time will use one and up the weight.

Leg Press w/Band:
Yellow band - 2 sets/15 reps each leg

Elevated Deadlifts:
50# - 2 sets/16 reps

Slow Motion Lunges:
10's - 2 sets or 4 very flow count brutal butt burning reps.
***YIKES! Now I know what you all were talking about these being brutal!

Calf Raises:
Tons of reps.

Did all the floor exercises!...and felt it!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday aveggiegirl!

Gayle...have fun! Look forward to hearing all about it!

Veronika...I need a spa day soon...enjoy yours!

I too have to give a shout out to Debbie! I have really been pushing myself with this rotation and lifting heavier. I am suprising myself! Thanks Debbie for taking the time to put together this rotation and for being such an inspiration! :)

I just completed shoulders and tris today- whew! I am weak in my triceps so this was hard. I love the DOMS in my legs that I'm still feeling a bit today from GS legs. Good stuff.

SHOULDERS
Overhead Dumbbell Press: 15's
Standing Lateral Raise: 10's - 1st set / 12's 2nd set
Lateral Raise w/Band: Green
Front Raise w/Band: Green
Dumbbell Rear Flies: 10's
Rear Delt Flies w/Band: Green

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press: 40#
Dips: Weight bench
Dumbbell Lying Extensions: 8's
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 20#
Cross-Body Extentions: 10# literally to failure then finished each set with 8#
Cross-Body Extentions w/Band: Green
Kickbacks: 8# for 1st set / 10# for 2nd set
Kickbacks w/Band: Green

ABS
Step, Jump & Pump Ab Work

Debbie, I love your ab workout picks- we must have the same taste in ab work. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.