Fitnessfreak's December Rotation for 12/10

Today was Gym Style Biceps and I did them twice through. Brutal workout but I actually liked it. My arms are fried!

Did workout all the way through and then started over and did it again.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 50# - 2 sets/10 reps - 4/4 ct.
Second round I used 40#
***These kill with the 4/4 ct. I really hate that Cathe goes so slow sometimes.

Dumbbell Partial Reps: 12's - 8 reps half up/8 reps half down twice
Second round I used 10's
***This one always gives me a great burn.

Concentration Curls: 15# - 10 reps 6 ct. up/2 down; 4 reps w/static hold, then 3 up and 1 down.
Second round used same weight.

Concentration Curls: 20# - 8 reps 3 up/1 down
***These were pretty easy for me. I should have jumped up in weights.

Curl Up/Reverse Downs: 15's - 10 reps 4/4 ct.
***Love this exercise.

Hammer Curls: 15's - 10 reps 2/2 ct.; 4 reps 6 up/1 down; 2 reps 2/2 ct.
Second round used 12's
***These always kill me.

Wrist Curls: Skipped
***Wrist does not like this exercise so I just skipped it.

ABS
LIS Ab Work

That is all.....

Have fun with this one!!!

HOLY MOLY! That's one tough workout!!! And it's DONE! I started off with the warm up and then did a few 1RM tests. Then kicked out the bicep work.

Here are my numbers: (twice thru, with the same weights, YEAH!)

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 32.5# - 2 sets/10 reps - 4/4 ct. (been eeking my way up on barbell curls....HATE barbell curls! :) )

Dumbbell Partial Reps: 12's - 8 reps half up/8 reps half down twice

Concentration Curls: 15# - 10 reps 6 ct. up/2 down; 4 reps w/static hold, then 3 up and 1 down.

Concentration Curls: 20# - 8 reps 3 up/1 down

Curl Up/Reverse Downs: 12's - 10 reps 4/4 ct.
HATE the curl down part, but do it anyway :)

Hammer Curls: 15's - 10 reps 2/2 ct.; 4 reps 6 up/1 down; 2 reps 2/2 ct.

Wrist Curls: I skipped this one.

LIS Ab Work

Have an awesome day!

Gayle

Last edited:
Good morning ladies,

I am done with 4DS Abs + Low Max 4-7 intervals + GS Biceps!

I had a great workout!

Have a great day, everyone!

Good Morning :)

Just finished up with Imax 2...I thought it was going to be impossible after GS Legs yesterday, but alas, I made it....:D

Have a great day with Biceps everyone!

Good Morning Ladies!!

Super busy today and was gone all day with hubby. Missed my workout yesterday as I did not know hubby had other plans to be out all day and night!!!!!!!! Had a great time, but REALLY wanted to get in my workout. So I am behind now with rotation and will do lowmax today and ab ripper + MM abs. Still gotta get my Christmas decorations up and do all kinds of errands as well.

Did the Chest/Back workout on Monday of Debbie's rotation and had really good DOMS yesterday in both back and chest. Could not believe how much it hurt. Never had so much DOMS in both areas like that at same time. Niiiiccceee.

I must say that doing the GS biceps twice has been my least favorite workout. LOL Biceps aren't something I enjoy working at all, but I did it. I'm lifting heavier for biceps than in the past, but it's a struggle for me and I'm willing to admit that it's at least partly mental cause my attitude isn't good ;-) I added on the abs from ME.

Last night I took my 7 yo to the pool, while the 10 yo had basketball practice in the gym and I did a lot of upper body stretching and some lower body exercises. We go in the warm water exercise pool, as none of us can handle the cold water in the large pool, and the warm water helped a lot. I'm not nearly as sore in my chest/back today, but still a bit tight.

Today's workout was GS Biceps. (repeated)

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 40# - 2 sets/10 reps - 4/4 ct.
Second round I used 35#

Dumbbell Partial Reps: started with 12's, then dropped to 10's after 6 reps (HATE this).
Second round I stayed with the 10's.

Concentration Curls: 20# for 8 reps, dropped to 15# for the remainder 6 ct. up/2 down; 4 reps w/static hold, then 25# for 3 up and 1 down.
Second round used 15# for 6-2 ct. then 20# for 3 up and 1 down.

Curl Up/Reverse Downs: 12's - 10 reps 4/4 ct.
***Love this exercise also.

Hammer Curls: 12's - 10 reps 2/2 ct.; 4 reps 6 up/1 down; 2 reps 2/2 ct.
Second round used 10's

Wrist Curls: 12#'s for round 1 & 2

Right after the bicep work, I did KCM Cardio Kick Step Boxing.
Skipped abs. I did ab work in the gym last night.

Have a good day everyone.

Haydee

Good morning! Was anyone sore in the warm up? My chest is still sore!!! I did the biceps twice through -- Debbie, your weights are amazing! I matched Cathe's the first time through, but had to go lighter on the second time round for most things. I see there's a pattern of us not liking wrist curls!! I think there were four sets of those -- I managed three, but with light weights -- they don't feel so great, do they?!

I did the Squeeze Stronger waist & ab work, because I love it and it really gets me, and then I finished with 200 kettlebell swings just for good measure.

-Beth

How DID you all manage to do GS: BICEPS , TWICE!?!??!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I did the "endomorph" version, so did it once (and burned my biceps OUT), and then did 30+ Minutes of Turbo Jam: Cardio Party, and THEN , 10 minutes of Kathy Smith's Core Abs.

Beth, YES! The minute I started the warm up and did the "chest press" I went OW!, REALLY felt those DOMS again in my chest from Monday!

Oh, those concentration "bonuses" of holding the weight for "4" and then up and down, really got me today....

Morning (or should I say afternoon?) ;)
I'm a bit late to the party (I had meetings all morning) but wanted to check in. I started out with the step segment of SJP, then did Gym Style Biceps twice (matching Cathe's weights both rounds), and tacked on the abs from 4DS LIS.

What a great workout, my biceps were fried! Super job everyone on getting it done!

Kathy G

Got the workout in before noon. I did 30 minutes of step works cardio,Power Hour abs and endo's version of biceps. It was tough to workout today and i can feel that I'm waivering about working out. It is a pattern for me to start out strong and then it is hit or miss. i am just excited that you are all here with me. You are Super!

Veronika

Wow, I felt great this morning while working out! I am doing the endo rotation so I only did the biceps through once. I followed that with 4ds LIC cardio - it felt awesome to sweat this morning for some reason. I didn't have enough times to do the abs this morning - I will do those when I get home from work tonight.

Also, I thought I had read somewhere that if you are a endo that you should use lighter weights. I am curious - how light of weights should you be using? And, why lighter weights? I am obviously confused as well! :)

Good work everyone! Those biceps must be burning!

Also, I thought I had read somewhere that if you are a endo that you should use lighter weights. I am curious - how light of weights should you be using? And, why lighter weights? I am obviously confused as well! :)

Good work everyone! Those biceps must be burning!

I'm a true believer in working your muscles to "almost" failure - meaning you can probably do at least 2 more reps if you pushed yourself really hard - with every workout you do. Endo, meso or ecto. However, certain workouts work better for specific body types. So for endo's, I would go with more endurance type weight lifting rather then heavy weight lifting and see how your body responds. So doing a workout like Cathe's Power Hour, or Muscle Endurance are workouts where you actually can't go too heavy, but can still give your muscles a great challenge. And still, use weights where you work to "almost" failure because that is the only way you will see a change in the body. So if you are using 5# dumbbells for lets say Cathe's crazy-8's every time you do crazy-8's, you will get nowhere. But if with each endurance workout you try to go up a pound or two, and work until you think you can't work anymore, then you are getting somewhere.

Any challenge to the body is a good challenge and will bring change. But utilitze your time as well as you can to get the best and fastest changes.

So now, did I thoroughly confuse you? :rolleyes:

Phew! What a workout! I am going to be feeling that late today. My chest is still sore from Mon, btw. I went has heavy as I could but had to drop a little the 2nd time around.
BUT for an added bonus, I also did 4DSBC and KB. KB always gets my UB good! That plus the weights...I should be fried tomorrow!

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

It's been a few days since I've checked in. I haven't been able to workout the past few days. I'm a little under the weather; I think I caught a stomach virus. I can't seem to keep anything down, I have chills and my whole back aches, along with a gruesome headache. I hope I get over this soon. I'm feeling really weak from not eating. I hope to kick butt once I'm up and running.

? about legs for Debbie

Debbie,
I want to work my hamstring/butt area more..I was thinking about doing PLB or some type of floor workout only in addition to the cardio that you have in the DEC rotation...what do you think??? Is it to much legs?
Thanks
Elena

Rest day for me today! I'll be ready to hit it hard with the Chest and Back from GS tomorrow....let the DOMS begin. :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.