Fitnessfreak's December/January Rotation for Feb. 23, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

I will do week 1, disc1 again:D I am doing the 6 month rotation!

Have a great day and workout today!

I will be back later!

Hallo girls,

I am done with my workout! I will have to work on my abs:mad: Never did them yesterday:mad::mad: Put first I have to clean out my laundry room, my dryer is broken. The repair man will came and take a look at the dryer later this afternoon, I am hoping they bring me a new dryer:eek:this one hasn't been working well since I moved here.

BBL!

Hi Belinda! I hate ab work generally, so I usually look for a way to put it off. :)

I did Drill Max in its entirety today and LIC abs (yes, I did them, yuck). I burned 825 calories. I had so much fun with DM today- haven't done a circuit in a long time and I really enjoyed it. I do enjoy splits and lifting heavy but change can be good. :)

I think I am starting STS next week. I finished the 1RMs and some of them are funky! One legged elevated lunges for disc 3- it calls for me to hold 57 pounds in one arm! Um, no. That can't be right. I am noticing some glitches with this whole 1RM thing- either you get a funky weight or its a weird exercise so you don't get a weight recommendation or you should do a 1RM even though it is an odd exercise (like 21s). I guess my theory is just to jump in and guess or adjust when needed. It bothers me, though, since so much emphasis has been placed on doing the tests.

Have a great day!

Today was Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Had an excellent workout.

10 minute light jog on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

CHEST
Barbell Press:
55# - 15/15 (warmup)
85# - 10 (up 3#)
87# - 10 (up 2#)
90# - 9 (up 3#)
***Felt very strong this morning. Happy with these numbers.

Incline Dumbbell Press:
35's - 10 (up 3#)
37's - 10/10 (up 2#)
***Wanted to use 40's but had a hard time getting the 37's up into position.

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press:
12's - 15/15 (warmup)
17's - 10 (no increase)
20's - 10/8 (up 1 rep w/ 1st set)

Lateral Raise:
10's - 10/10/10
***This is still ridiculously light for me but don't want to irrirate my shoulder again.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Bench Press:
55# - 15/15 (warmup)
67# - 10 (up 5#)
70# - 10 (up 5#)
72# - 10 (up 5#)
***Felt strong with this too.

Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions:
52# - 10 (up 2#)
55# - 9/8 (up 2 reps)

That is all....

Good Morning,

Tonite will be GS legs and BM2 abs. Taking a week off didn't hurt me wt. wise but the inches aren't so good.

Debbie-I would love your help with a rotation. Here is what I have planned for the first week.

Mon-S&H legs and shoulders and abs.
Tue-LIS 40min of cardio
Wed-S&H chest and back and abs.
Thur-30min on TM
FRI-S&H tris and bis and abs
Sat-Step Blast.

What do you think?

Good Morning,

Tonite will be GS legs and BM2 abs. Taking a week off didn't hurt me wt. wise but the inches aren't so good.

Debbie-I would love your help with a rotation. Here is what I have planned for the first week.

Mon-S&H legs and shoulders and abs.
Tue-LIS 40min of cardio
Wed-S&H chest and back and abs.
Thur-30min on TM
FRI-S&H tris and bis and abs
Sat-Step Blast.

What do you think?

Roxie, that's excellent. And I assume you will be taking Sunday as a rest day?

Today was disc 4 of STS! Chest, Biceps and Shoulders! Let me tell you - moving up to the 65% of 1RM really made a difference in my biceps! I hope to have DOMS tomorrow! (btw, my butt still hurts from Friday...)

282 Pushups Drop Sets

282 Pushups Drop Sets

282 Pushups Drop Sets

282 Pushups Drop Sets

282 Pushups Drop Sets

695 Standing Upright Rows (barbell) - 30#'s

177 Alternatating Standing Curls - 18# DB's

326 Incline Chest Flys (dumbbell) - 23# DB's

681 Seated Rear Flys into Band Pulls - 12# DB's

627 Bonus Band Pulls

203 Incline Curl Alternating & Rotate at Top (dumbbell) - 12# DB's

361 Stability Ball Pushups- Ball at hips,knees, feet

638 Functional Overhead Press (Rt & LF) then Front rai - 10# DB's
**These were killers on the front raise...ugh

182 Barbell Curls with Band Attached - 20#'s

344 Prone Pushups on Stability Ball

677 Seated Lateral Raise Both Arms High Ends (dumbbell) - 10# DB's
**Ouchie!
238 Seated Concentration Curls 1.5's (dumbbell) - 15#'db's

363 Straddle Pushups

687 Side Leaning Lateral Raise (dumbbell) - 10# DB
**These are really hard for me. I think I skipped the last rep or two on these. Its weird - if I do these standing with this weight its not a big deal at all. Oh well.

239 Seated Curls Alternating + Both Arms (dumbbell) - 15# DB's

297 Chest Flys (Flat Bench) (dumbbell) - 23# DB's

678 Seated Overhead Press (dumbbell) - 17# DB's
**I hate doing these - they are tough!
224 Preacher Curl on Stability Ball One Arm (dumbbell) - 12# DB

301 Core Pushups - boot camp style

674 Seated Front Press Double Arms 1.5\'s (barbell) - 18#'s
***Ouch - I suck at these
234 Reverse Dumbbell Curl - 15# DB's
**Those last two were killers
362 Staggered Pushups
617 Bow & Arrow w/ Band

196 Hammer Curl Double Arm (dumbbell) - 20# DB's

349 Pushups 21's
***Did these on my knees

690 Standing Barbell Front Press - 15#'s

180 Barbell Curl Narrow Grip - 20#s

I will be finishing up with the yoga abs tonight!

I think I am starting STS next week. I finished the 1RMs and some of them are funky! One legged elevated lunges for disc 3- it calls for me to hold 57 pounds in one arm! Um, no. That can't be right. I am noticing some glitches with this whole 1RM thing- either you get a funky weight or its a weird exercise so you don't get a weight recommendation or you should do a 1RM even though it is an odd exercise (like 21s). I guess my theory is just to jump in and guess or adjust when needed. It bothers me, though, since so much emphasis has been placed on doing the tests.

Have a great day!

To be honest I skipped the 1RM's for legs. (except for those with 4 or 5 stars) I did the first leg workout last week and just used weights that I knew I could handle but would also challenge me...let me tell you - my butt is still in pain.

Hi everyone. I did STS Disc 4 today and am still loving these workouts. My legs and butt are still sore from last Friday so LM tomorrow might be tough!

Have a good day,
Bev

STS Disc 1 Ab Circuits No equip

Hey everyone. I decided to go ahead and start the STS; I did disc 1. It was good. I don't feel sore yet though. I struggled getting up this morning. I didn't get much sleep the whole weekend. So I am going to bed at 8:30. Hope everyone has a good night. Later.

Hi everyone~:)

Cardio Coach Vol. 1 Revised = 35 min
Distance= 2.20 miles
calories burned= 300
BPM= 132 75% of MHR for the first 15 min
BPM= 141 between 80%-85% of MHR for the remaining 20min

I did STS M1 Wk 2, disc 4- Chest, Shoulders, and Biceps =55 min
Calories burn=451

This did seem to go a bit slower than last weeks. It was hard moving up to 65% Max of 1RM. I find that for myself the upper body is an area that is weaker on me so its definitely harder to do.

Ok, first off OMG~ on the pushups, I mean those seemed to be never ending, and mean. Just kidding. I can't do pushups on my toes so I have to do them on my knees. One day I'll be able to do them on my toes just not sure when that will happen. I noticed that the wt. I used for functional Overhead Press (Rt & Lft) then front raise was fine for the overhead press part but not so much for the front raise. Can we switch to a lighter wt on the front raises? Just asking because what I use for the Overhead press is a little to heavy to do the reps for front raises, is that normal?

The barbell curls with band were really tough. I think I'll have to lighten up by 5lbs on that next time. I could do them but only 10 of the 15 reps, and form by that point was ugly.

The seated overhead press was tough. I did try to use the 65% 1RM wt, but noticed it seemed a little too heavy for me. Is that bad that the 65% 1 RM seems to heavy? Am I already failing in achieving that? I guess I'm a bit disappointed that some of these ones seem to be a genuine struggle to finish in terms of rep or the higher wt. selection. I'm sure its just me and everyone else is doing just fine with the increase.

Staggered pushups felt great in my arms and were a good challenge. I liked those.

The seated Lateral Raise both arms high ends were tough. The first few easy, but as the reps went on it became harder to do. The band work always looks deceptively easy but really gets a great muscle burn and kicks your butt.

Ok, Core Pushups Bootcamp style- I could do these from my toes so I skipped them, plus my wrists really hurt after all the other stuff.

Barbell curls Narrow Grip- Were tough and found the wt. I was supposed to and did use a little to heavy to do all the reps with good form. I could only do 16 reps of these.

Overall I did get a great workout and enjoyed it. I just tend to beat myself up if I can't measure up to the % I was meant to perform the exercises with wts at.

Oh well, the important thing to remember is to hang tough and try your best. I did, but I am looking forward to doing better.

STS-Ab Circuits- Yoga Inspired Abs=15 min. These were fun, but holding planks killed my wrists and had my elbow with tendonitis screaming. I do like the variety of ab workouts on this DVD.

Ok, that's it for me today. I'm toast. I hope you all had a kinder workout than I did today.

Hugs!

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.