Fitnessfreak's December/January Rotation for Feb.2, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I am starting week 2 today, I will do Pure Strength Back/ BM2 Back work + PS Bicep/ BM2 Bicep work. I still need to get my 1RM in, I am so slow! Last night I did Bootcamp core premix twice, what a great ab workout!

On the STS one rep max chart # 254 Standing quarter stop curls both arms, are this partial reps? :rolleyes:

Have a great Monday and workout today!

Hi girls,

I am done with my workout!:p Glad it's over! I burned 560 cal!

BACK
Pure Strength workout:
T-Bar Rows
50#
T-Bar Rows:
55# - 3 sets/10 reps
Bent over Barbell Rows:
50# 1 set - 60# 2 sets/10 reps
One Arm Row:
30# - 3 sets/10 reps
Shrugs BB:60# - 2 sets/20 reps

BodyMax 2 workout:
Double Arm Row on Stability Ball:
30's I went slow!
Pullovers on Stability Ball:
25# - 1 set/12 reps
Seated Rear Delt Flies on Stability Ball:
10's + I also used my weighted cloves

BICEPS
Pure Strength workout:
Barbell Curl
: 45# – 2 sets/10 reps
Seated Alt. Hammer Curls:
20's - 20 reps
Seated Sweep Curls:
20's – 24 reps
Barbell Negative Curls:
45# – 2 sets/10 reps
Concentration Curls: 20# – 2 sets/12 reps

BodyMax 2 workout:
Hammer Curls on Stabililty Ball:
15's - 1 set/12 reps , this are tought after PS!
Incline Curls on Stability Ball: 15's - 1 set/12 reps
Concentration Curls
: 20# - 12 reps

Have a great day and workout, girls!

Well, no weight training this week either. I'll be back later to update you all on why.

Today I did cardio and that was hard enough. I chose Press Play and did all the challenges but the last one. I also took it easy with all the challenges, my goal was just to get some kind of calorie burn in.

Cardio stats:
58 minutes
3 minutes below zone
23 minutes in zone
31 minutes above zone
469 calories burned
Almost 3.5 miles travelled

Not bad for not giving it my all.

BBL!

This morning was 4DS HIS+LIC Premix. I love the music on 4DS. I burned 600 calories - wasn't really feeling all that energetic this morning. I have noticed though since doing more cardio that I don't get as winded when I am working out. It makes me feel like I'm not working very hard - but I guess my body is just getting used to the cardio??

Anyway, STS will be delivered TODAY! I am so excited!

Debbie - I hope you are ok!

Good Morning,

Today is PUB and I can't wait to get back in the groove again. The foot is great no more pain, but the knee still doesn't feel quite right so I will go easy with the step routines and doing something lite this week.

Morning!

Belinda: Good workout- I love those T bar rows in Pure Strength. I also have to continue slogging through my 1RMs- kind of boring but worth it, I'm sure.

Karen: I no longer suck wind on some of my Cathe workouts- even IMAX 2, although I'm working HARD, I'm not going to DIE like I used to think. :) I think it's progress and a good thing.

Hi Debbie! Keep us updated. Hope you're OK.

Roxie: Be careful with that knee- try some Low Max or LIC cardio work? Don't make anything worse.

I did GS Legs today and CTX KB abs- excellent workout. I can feel that my legs are nice and fatigued. The ab workout was just OK- never did it before, so change is good. I may do another ab workout this afternoon.

Squats BB: 3 sets + bonuses / 65#
-Doing 70 next time and need to use the squat rack
Front Lunges: 2 sets + bonuses / 15s
- I just can't go any heavier and keep up with Cathe's pace- I may try to go up a notch next time and just go slower.
Rear Lunges: 4 3-counts / 8 singles, repeat / 15s
Plie Squats: 2 sets / 10# vest + 25s
-I probably need to switch to a BB for this to increase the weight anymore
Leg Press: 2 sets / 5 risers w/ green band
-I wore the vest last time and got pretty winded so I decided to really focus on the muscle and just use the band- think I'll move up to purple next time.
Deadlift toes elevated: 70#
- Up from 65# last time
Deadlift on platform: 70#
Slow motion lunges: 10s
-This was up from 8s- next time 12s

Floorwork- I did it all but won't type it out. I will move up to the purple band next time, though. I won't say the floor work is easy (ha!) but I have noticed that I can get through it a bit easier. Hooray for progress.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning everyone. I FINALLY started my 1RM this morning and did all of the back exercises. This afternoon I will do biceps. Just got done playing with the WM and putting in my results. Aren't we lucky to have found Cathe???? I think everything that she does is state of the art and she loves to challenge us!

Debbie-what did you think of the Super Bowl? I almost pulled my hair out in the last 2 minutes!!! I hope you're ok.

Have a good day,
Bev

This is what happened: :mad:

Saturday morning I reached over my head for my stupid glasses and a muscle in my left shoulder blade area twisted and hurt like hell!!!! There is a huge knot there and dh has been rubbing it out ever since it happened. It felt great last night but then when I woke up this morning it hurt all over again. Did the same damn thing on Sunday. Went to get my glasses when I woke up and it pulled it more. So I have been in some major pain since Saturday. No way can I workout and it was all I could do to run with my cardio this morning. It hurt so bad to jolt it while running that after the 2nd challenge I just did inclines at a fast pace. I can't believe this happened although I think it's a blessing in disguise because my right shoulder (rotator cuff) is finally feeling better. I still feel a slight strain when I lift it out to the side, but other then that it seems fine. I have an excruciating headache as well and I'm sure it's because all the nerves in my upper back are inflamed.

My plan is to take another week off, clean up my eating ASAP and start up with my rotation on Feb. 9th. I should be good to go by then. I hate not working out for another week but thinking of my rotator cuff, I'd rather take 2 weeks off and not 6 if I end up injuring it more. So that is my plan. I will be doing a 12 week rotation, 4 day split, 2 day cardio sessions. I'm really psyched about it!

Now I just need to get through this next week. I feel like such a lazy slob as it is! But I think if I clean up my eating and do cardio Wed. & Fri., I'll be fine.

I have a ice/heat patch on the shoulder blade today. It hurts like HELL!!!

Bev - I watched it on and off. Good game and I'm so happy the Steelers won it!!! :eek:

Debbie, sending you lots of healing vibes! I hope your shoulder feel better soon! Make sure you get lots of rest, girl! (((HUGS)))) OMG,I did BC core premix twice yesterday. My abs are sore today! Actually my entire body is sore!

Patti, I mix my 1RM with my workouts (I am doing PS+BMS this week)!

Checking in -

Ahhh, Debbie! I was hoping you were enjoying your weekend (and the motorcycle show). I'm sorry to hear about your tweak. It sounds like you have a gameplan, and will be back in action next week....take care!
I pulled out Rhythmic Step and some extra risers (I have only done it on a 6" step before) and actually surprised myself. It was rather enjoyable and a challenge on the 8" step. So it was 62 min/475 calories. I'll take it.
I'll probably do a circuit w/o tomorrow....
Enjoy your day!

Hey Gang..

You guys got some great workouts in today!

I debated over the weekend what to start this week, and today, I got up this afternoon (worked overnights on the weekend) and REALLY didn't want to wait another week to start STS! It took me a bit to set up with the Workout card and all, but I did the first workout of Mesocycle 1: Chest, Biceps, Shoulders. Wow. It's very different to me. A different way for lifting weights than in any of Cathe's workouts. I liked it ALOT! I think one of the best things is watching Cathe and 'the team' struggle, and sweat and grunt to kick out those reps! Like I am! :eek:

So I'm excited ...What can I say.

Debbie.. OMG, wow. I'm so sorry to hear about your injury. I know when I've gotten injuries in the past, I get all bummed out not being able to WO like I want to. Have you thought about some physical therapy on the side too? It all sounds so painful .

Good Evening Ladies;)

Debbie, oh my goodness you take care of yourself and rest any sore muscles. Ooh, how about a hot tub, or a nice warm bath with espsom salts, candles etc... I hope you will feel better soon.:)

I hope everyone else is doing well this Monday and had a great workout, even for a Monday.:p

I'm following FF's December Rotation '08- Here's my workout today:

Cardio Coach Volume 3- 553 Calories burned- 45 min-3.4 miles- 80% of MHR=30 min approx.

GS- Chest Only
Drop set Push ups reps 16/14/12/10/8/6/4/2 these were Tough even from my knees! Phew!
DB Bench Press #20-3sets,reps 12/12/5
DB Chest Flys #15-3sets,reps 12/12/12
DB Incline Press#20-1set,reps 10
DB Incline Press#15-1set,reps 12
BB Close Grip Press #30-1set,reps 12
BB Close Grip Press #35-1set,reps 12

GS-Back only from GS- B,S,B
DB Rows Reverse Grip #20-2sets,reps 12
DB 1Arm Row #25-2sets,reps12 each arm
Band T-back squeezes 4 sets- 7ct 7reps
BB Pullovers #30-2sets,reps 10 ea.
Modified Back extensions on step
Back side rotations

CTX-All Step Abs Only= 10 min

Well, that's it seeya all tomorrow be good and if you can't be good don't get caught! LOL!! Just kidding, trying to make you all laugh.:D

Hugs!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.