Fitness Freak's December rotation for 12/22

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning! I'm sitting here, NOT believing that Christmas is in just 3 days!!! Where in the world did the time go??? If I forget to say it the rest of this week, Happy Hanukkah or Merry Christmas (did I spell Hanukkah right?)!!!

We've got a 2 hour delay for school today. Slick roads and -7 wind chill! YIKES!

Today's workout is DONE! DONE! DONE!!!!

Can I just say how much I LOVED THIS PREMIX!!! Absolutely LOVED it. I liked the way all those chest presses and flies were split up instead of all back to back to back as in the original workout! The first time thru, I used my normal weights for chest, which is USUALLY 22.25 for presses and 17.25 for flies. But the second time thru, I was feeling AWESOME and STRONG, so I upped it to 25s and 20s. SO.....GS Chest & Tri Superset Premix and 4DS KB abs....DONE!!!

I can't believe we're closing out week 4 of this rotation! YOU ALL ROCK!

Gayle

I loved this premix too! At least the first time through. LOL Second time through my arms were shaking more than they've EVER shaken during a workout and I'd lightened my weights! I'm thinking I'll be really feeling this one tomorrow. I do have 3 new 1RM's and I wasn't even planning on that :) I then did abs on my own.

Today was Gym Style Chest & Tri's Superset premix. I did it twice through. Excellent workout and I like this premix alot.

CHEST & TRI's
Dumbbell Bench Press: 35's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
***Same weight with second time through.
Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
***Used 22's for second time through.
Dumbbell Bench Press: 35's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extension: 15's - 1 set 8 reps 2/6 ct.
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 25# - 1 set 8 reps 3/1 ct.
***Used 22# for second time through.
Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extension: 15's - 1 set 8 reps 2/6 ct.
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 25# - 1 set 8 reps 3/1 ct.
***Used 22# for second time through.

20 Drop Set Pushups
***Simple, actually too simple.
Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 1 set 12 reps
Cross-Body Tricep Extensions: 12# - 1 set/12 reps 2/2 ct.
***Same weight with second time through. Too easy.
Kickbacks: 12# - 1 set/10 reps 2/2 ct.

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 30's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
Incline Flyes: 25's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
***Used 22's with second time through.
Tricep Dips: 24 reps
Kickbacks w/Band: Purple Band

That is all...

Good Morning Ladies! :)

Today is GS Standing Legs + Floor work from PLB.....I see mostly everyone will be doing the Chest/Tri superset....my chest is stilllll feeling it from a couple of days ago...

Have great workouts everyone!

Good Morning,

Tonite is TM then tris and chest. I can't believe we are almost done with this rotation can't wait to see what she has in store for us next.

Debbie-thank you I am down to 121.2lbs and BMI is 23.9 and its TTOM even usually gain wt. This is just what I needed to break the slump. I am even challenging myself more than I would have on my own.

Good Morning,

Tonite is TM then tris and chest. I can't believe we are almost done with this rotation can't wait to see what she has in store for us next.

Debbie-thank you I am down to 121.2lbs and BMI is 23.9 and its TTOM even usually gain wt. This is just what I needed to break the slump. I am even challenging myself more than I would have on my own.

You're welcome Roxie! You are doing great with this rotation. And I can't wait to see what I come up with too! LOL! :p

Morning!
I did GS Chest/Triceps premix (twice through) + 4DS KB abs + ran 1.5 miles. I have to agree, this premix is almost better than the “normal” workout. I liked the split sets on chest interspersed with triceps. It gave my chest a chance to recover so I was able to match Cathe's weight twice through, yay! Oh, but those pushups were evil and came out of nowhere……lol!

Have a great day everyone. Don’t stress too much, we’ll get everything done! :)

Kathy

Edited to say congrats to Roxie!!! Way to go! ;)

Good morning,

This morning I did GS Chest & Tricep premix + BB Timesaver cardio #2!

Have a great day everyone:D

I actually was surprised that the pushup sets started at 8 reps and went from there. I found them very easy and was tempted to just do all of 72 from the original workout. But didnt.... :p

Hi -- I see everyone else liked this premix as much as I did -- great! Not choppy like the back/biceps one, and not as many pushups as the regular workout!! This rotation has taught me in a new way what it means to work to failure.

Oh, yeah, and last night my back was killing me from the other day's back work -- it was up into my neck and I thought maybe I was getting the flu, but it's better this morning, so I think it was just DOMs.

Have a great day!

-Beth

I actually was surprised that the pushup sets started at 8 reps and went from there. I found them very easy and was tempted to just do all of 72 from the original workout. But didnt.... :p

LOL, that makes one of us Debbie. ;) (just teasin' ya, I love your rotation) :)

Kathy

Debbie, I am so loving this workout.
My fellow posters, thanks so much for doing this check in! It has been so very motivating.
I've pushed myself harder than I ever would have thought to do.
Wish I had a photo from a month ago to really see changes. Can't wait to see what next month will bring - besides STS!
Cookie

I am back. I was quite sick and did not get my make up workout in yesterday. Very sad to have missed a workout. Did get my workout in today and that was a great workout.

Veronika

Here is my workout from yesteday. Didn't do it until late in the afternoon and didn't have time to post.

Reverse Grip Dumbbell Rows:
30's - 2 sets/8 reps; 25's - 2 sets/12 reps
***Second time I used 25's and 20's.
Barbell Curls: 40# - 2 sets/10 reps w/4/4 ct.
***Second time I used 30#.
One Arm Rows: 30# - 2 sets/12 reps 2/2 ct.
***Second time I used 25#/20# for second set
Dumbbell Bicep Partial Reps: 15's - 2/2 ct. 8 reps bottom half, 8 reps top half 2x's.
***Second time I used 15# 1set/12# second set
Concentration Curls: 15# - 10 reps 6 ct. up/2 ct/s down; 4 reps static holds.
***Second time I used 15#/12# for bonus
Concentration Curls: 20# - 8 reps 3 cts up/1 down.
***Second set I used 20#/6 reps
T-Back Squeeze w/Band: Yellow
***Same w/second time.
Dumbbell Pullover: 30# - 2 sets/8 reps 4/4 ct.
***Second time I used 25#.
Curl Up/Reverse Down: 15's - 10 reps 4/4 ct.
***Second time I used 12#
Hammer Curls: 15's - 10 reps 2/2 ct.; 4 reps 6 cnts up, 1 down; 2 reps 2/2 ct.
***Second time I used 15#/12# for bonus
Wrist Curls: 8's - 2 sets/16 reps.
***Used the same for second time.

Low Back Extensions on Step
Only did second round
Low BAck Rotation Tilts.
Only did second round

After first time through added wide grip pull-ups (assisted) 3/3/3, second time regular grip pull-ups (assisted) 3/3/3

Ab Hits...Step Heat and Leg Raises 15/10/10

I am seeing great improvements since doing this rotation. Can't wait to see what Debbie has in store for us next!

I love this pre-mix too. It flows so well, and I'm finally using the band. This rotation has really motivated me to push myself to do things I normally don't. Here's my workout for today:

CHEST & TRI's:
Dumbbell Bench Press: 15's - 2 sets
Dumbbell Flyes: 15's - 2 sets 12 reps 2/2 ct.
Dumbbell Bench Press: 15's - 2 sets 12 reps 2/2 ct.
Dumbbell Flyes: 15's - 2 sets 12 reps 2/2 ct.

Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extension: 8's - 2 sets 8 reps 2/6 ct.
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 15# - 1 set
Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extension: 10's - 2 sets 8 reps 2/6 ct.
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 15# - 1 set 8 reps 3/1 ct.

20 Drop Set Pushups
Dumbbell Flyes: 15's - 2 sets 12 reps
Cross-Body Tricep Extensions: 10# - 1 set/12 reps 2/2 ct.
Kickbacks: 10# - 1 set/10 reps 2/2 ct.

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 15's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
Incline Flyes: 15's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
Tricep Dips: 24 reps
Kickbacks w/Band: Med.

Cardio: 4DS KB & 4DS Ab work.

Checking in-

Chest & tri premix X2 plus 4DS KB abs. Nice.
Again, Debbie, I hadn't used many of these premixes before so they seem like a totally new workout. The first time through I don't know what's coming, and the second time through I'm trying to "outwit" Cathe by being ready. So even though I'm fried by the end, the time has passed without a lot of...."how much more can there be?!?!?!".
Thanks and enjoy your day, everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.