Fitness Freak's Dec rotation for 12/11/08

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, gang. I'm taking the liberty of starting us off. I have a busy morning and wanted to check in before it gets started.

This morning.....GS Legs. DONE! I used a 72.5# barbell for all the BB work and 16.25 dumbells for all the DB work, plus the floor work. It's a recipe for DOMS, I'm sure! :) I was quite happy that I got up early this morning; it was a late night with SO and I ended up only getting about 4 hours' sleep.

Busy morning, but quiet afternoon and evening. My younger DS and I have a 'job' for Crayola tonight (you know....the company that makes Crayola crayons...they're main operation is in the next town over). They use kids and their parents as 'test dummies', more or less. We get to test out new products and discuss how we feel about them. The adult walks out with $40 cash and the kid walks out with the product (most times). Can't beat it, right, for an hour of work/play! :)

Have an awesome day, folks!!! Work that body!

Gayle

Good Morning Ladies :)

GS Shoulders/Triceps is on tap for today...plus Abs if I don't forget...lol

Gayle- Nice workout today!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

BBL

Good morning all!

Had a great workout this morning, I did Gym Style Legs - Usually I just do the standing part but did the entire workout today. That floor work is a killer!

LEGS
Squats:
75# - 3 sets/16 reps
***Last set had low ends.

Front Lunges:
20's - 2 sets/8 reps

Rear Lunges:
20's - Lots of different counts and reps
***Real burner.

Plie Squats:
35# - 2 sets/16 reps/pulses

Leg Press w/Band:
Silver band - 2 sets/15 reps each let
***Used 5 risers.

Elevated Deadlifts:
55# - 2 sets/16 reps
***Different counts. Did 2 sets of these because I don't like doing the Stiff Legged Deads she does after these.

Slow Motion Lunges:
12's - 2 sets or 4 very flow count brutal butt burning reps.
***I hate this exercise!

Calf Raises:
Tons of reps. My calves were shaking by the time this was over.

Shin Pulls w/Ball
***Skipped. This is just a stupid exercise.

Glute Raises w/Ball
***I like this one, I get a good burn in my butt.

One Leg Roll Outs
***Brutal! And these hurt my knees.

Glute Tucks w/Band using 3 risers & Topper of HS: Purple band

Roll-Ins

Inner Thigh Squeeze w/Ball
***I hate inner thigh work but I do like this exercise.

Inner Thigh Lifts w/Band:
***Skipped - was running out of time and I don't like this exercise.

Cross Band Outer Thigh Splits:
Silver Band
***Love this exercise.

Outer Thigh Raises w/Band:
Purple Band
***Love this exercise too.

That is all...

I'm going to be sore from this one!

This morning I did GS Legs and matched Cathe on all the weights except deadlifts as they bother my back. I got my stuff from Cathe the other day and wrapped it up to go under the tree, so after Christmas I'll have the weighted vest to use which will be a big help as I can't safely lift more than 35 lbs over my head with the barbell. I generally use 2 20's for things like squats.

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Did lowmax yesterday and also completed Ab Ripper X and MM abs..back to back. Today I will venture into Biceps/Triceps for some more toastiness.

Debbie,

Excellent workout! ;)

Busy morning, but quiet afternoon and evening. My younger DS and I have a 'job' for Crayola tonight (you know....the company that makes Crayola crayons...they're main operation is in the next town over). They use kids and their parents as 'test dummies', more or less. We get to test out new products and discuss how we feel about them. The adult walks out with $40 cash and the kid walks out with the product (most times). Can't beat it, right, for an hour of work/play! :)

Gayle[/QUOTE]

Hey Gayle! I would love that! Sounds like a lot of fun for the kids. Enjoy your day and DOMS LATER!

I haven't posted in a bit. Not getting in my workouts as planned. Too much going on right now. I hope you all have a great burn!

I hope to get in one of my weight workouts that I missed later today. Going to be a busy morning again.

Take Care,
Heidi

Good Morning,

Was going to do cardio this am but DH didn't leave the house until 3:30 and I had trouble going back to sleep. Tonite will be GS legs and no cardio.

Debbie-just wanted to tell you that I can see changes in my body already not on the scale or tape measure but visually there are differences and I can feel them. Thank You this must have been what I needed.

Morning!
I did GS Legs (using my squat rack and 70 lb. barbell) + upped all the weights for the dumbbell exercises from what Cathe used. I also can't do the "bottom to knee" barbell deadlifts, so I did two sets of the elevated toes one. For the floor work, I used the green band. Wow, this floorwork really is brutal, lol.

Kathy G

Good morning girls,

I did my leg workout this morning! I still have to clean my house, my kids are coming on Saturday! I am so excited! Tomorrow night we have our military ball! I have to wear a long dress and we have snow outside!

Heidi, hope you get your workout in!

Last edited:
Today will be some cardio I'm thinking an ASC 2 premix, CoreBlast abs planks and pilates, and GS biceps.

Yesterday was a rest day. I woke up with headache and chose to sleep a little longer.

What should I sub for GS legs?

Jenn

Did everyone make it through the workout today? I did - but I know my legs will be sore tomorrow. I hope I am able to do Imax2 without too many issues tomorrow.

Today I used the same weights throughout the workout that Cathe did. Those slow-count lunges really start to get you after the 3rd rep. My legs are a little shakey now at work, but I'll recover I am sure!

Work, work!

I'm here! Checking in with GS Legs done twice through -- just kidding! But I did do it once. Those slow lunges are killer!

I stepped on the scale for the first time in a couple of weeks and I have not lost any weight, but I have not gained any, either, which I think is my own Christmas miracle come early, since I've been eating like there's no tomorrow. Whoo-hoo!

Have a great day everyone!

-Beth

What should I sub for GS legs?

Jenn

Jenn, do you have Slow & Heavy or Pure Strength? Use either one.

I'm here! Checking in with GS Legs done twice through -- just kidding! But I did do it once. Those slow lunges are killer!

I stepped on the scale for the first time in a couple of weeks and I have not lost any weight, but I have not gained any, either, which I think is my own Christmas miracle come early, since I've been eating like there's no tomorrow. Whoo-hoo!

Have a great day everyone!

-Beth

Beth, you crack me up! :p

P.S. Meant to tell you guys that last night I had to set up the lap top in my workout room because GS legs freezes on my dvd player (this is part of why I don't do this series very often). I was making sure it played ok in the laptop and that I had the barbell loaded up to the right weight and my husband came in to also make sure the laptop was ok for me and he looked at it and said, "Is that Cathe? She's got great legs!" Duh!! I guess he had never seen her in shorts before. Funny!

-Beth

Debbie if there are people dropping out I sure hope you don't think it's because of the rotation! Not only can December be a hard month for people to keep with a schedule, but I've found time after time that when I do a check in for a rotation that the numbers dwindle some as we go along. Personally, I love the rotation - even when I'm cursing it. LOL

Answers from yesterday's post that I missed:

Debbie,
I want to work my hamstring/butt area more..I was thinking about doing PLB or some type of floor workout only in addition to the cardio that you have in the DEC rotation...what do you think??? Is it to much legs?
Thanks
Elena

Elena, I don't think that would be too much leg work. Just add in one more day of any floorwork premix. That should work fine.

Yes, you sort of did! lol

I'm not sure how to explain what I am more confused about... You suggested doing workouts that are geared more towards endurance - however, this month we are not doing those types of workouts. What should a endo do when doing this rotation to benefit more from the work? If you go lighter you can't really reach that point of failure, can you? Sorry, for all of the silly questions - I am just trying to better understand. :) Thanks for your replies!

BTW, I finished up the rotation a little bit ago and hammered out the abs. Legs are on the schedule for tomorrow....dreading the pain!

Well, in my opinion, working heavy no matter what body type you are is the best way to train in my book. But when I read stuff about endo's, it does say that they should train with endurance workouts instead of heavy weights. Just see how your body responds to this rotation. That is the only way you can know how to train. Trial and error. Be sure to let me know at the end of this rotation how you did. Then we can go from there.

Debbie if there are people dropping out I sure hope you don't think it's because of the rotation! Not only can December be a hard month for people to keep with a schedule, but I've found time after time that when I do a check in for a rotation that the numbers dwindle some as we go along. Personally, I love the rotation - even when I'm cursing it. LOL

Oh I don't take it personally. Just trying to light a fire under their butts! :eek:

I know December is a tough monty. And I give you all a HIGH FIVE for following this with me!

I'm still following along. GS Legs for me today. Debbie, I'm humbled by your weights. I just about matched Cathe and thought I was doing good! Although I could have used heavier dumbbells for most of the standing work. And, I did have a thicker band (blue) since my green one has gone missing (kids may have something to do with that :() Great workout, though, and thanks again for this rotation! I think I see a bit more definition in my arms.

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.