Fitness Freak December Rotation for 12/18/08

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I will be gone all day, so I am getting us started. DD wants to go to Nuernberg. Her favorite place to go shopping! :D

I am done with my workout! I did Legs & Glutes stretch + 4DS Legs + Legs & Glutes floorwork + 4DS calves + L&G stretch! I had a great workout!

Have a fantastic day, everyone!

4DS Legs B&G Floor Work, Calves

Good morning to all. I did get up in time to do my workout this morning. Bad news is I could not find my HRM. Frustrating? Anyway, I feel as though I worked pretty hard. I challenged myself with weights as prescribed. I will have to come back with a break down because I am a little behind due to looking for my HRM watch. I hope everyone has a great workout and a wonderful day.

me too

Hey guys!!! Anybody else battening down the hatches for a snow storm on the way??? lol I'm as bad as the kids, wishing and watching the weather forecast! Starting 5am tomorrow, we're supposed to get 12-13 hours of ice and snow. YAHOO!!!

Today.....workout is done. 4DS Legs, B&G floorwork (started with the ball work). LOVE that floor work segment!

Gayle

Good Morning!

Yesterday was the first day that I didn't get to follow the rotation:(:) I had brunch with DS's baby group and felt horrible after. I don't think I ate anymore until 9 last night. Anyway...so do undo some of the damage I ran and I ran outside b/c I knew that there was snow comming. It was a good run, I probably ran for 55 mins or so. Then when I got home I tried to tackle my weight work but after 20 mins of interruptions I decided to call it quits. It got to the point where I had totally lost interest...so I may start from scratch again today.

Gayle** We have a little snow here now, came last night. Its nice to see some snow this close to Christmas! But I don't know about having an ice storm:rolleyes: You may lose your electricity!:eek::confused:

Have a good day everyone and I will bb to report my workout!

Lori:)

Gayle we're supposed to get 7-12 inches between 7 tonight and 7 tomorrow and I would love the whole thing to just go away! We've had lots of snow already and I really need to go shopping tomorrow. DS 10 has a game Saturday and later we have a party, and Sunday my family is coming here. Plus, DS 7 is getting Guinea Pigs for Christmas and we were going to go and pick them out and pay for them tomorrow, as they were getting checked by the vet today. Last thing I need is to be stuck in a house with a very unhappy 7 yo! LOL

Getting back on track, I did 4DS Legs followed by B&G floorwork this morning. Matched Cathe on everything except dead lifts. Looking forward to cardio tomorrow. I must say it cracks me up that while most people say the word "few" and mean, oh like 3, Cathe seems to think it means more like 28 ;-)

Morning everyone!

What a workout!

This morning was 4DS Legs and the floor work from Butts & Guts. Killer workout.

LEGS
Round 1
Squats (warmup): 50# - lots of reps and different counts

Front Squats w/wedge: 60# - 2 sets/12 reps
***My right knee was bugging me a little with this exercise.

Dumbbell Deadlifts: 25's - 2 sets/different reps and counts

Round 2
Dumbbell Plie Squats: 35# - 1 sets/16 reps; 40# - 1 set/16 reps

Leg Press: 25# - 2 sets/12 reps
***I really don't like this exercise but it is effective.

Round 3
Low Plain Lunges: 15's - 2 sets/10 reps
***These burned like crazy! This is the only exercise in the 4DS series that Cathe doesn't say what weight she's using.

Leg Press w/Ankle Weights: 20# DB & 5# AW - 2 sets/12 reps
***I hate these.

Round 4
Step Outs w/Purple Band the repeated and did it with my Silver Band
***Didn't feel these at all so I did them again.

Squats: 60# - tons of reps w/different counts
***Got a great burn with this

Then I did the Butts & Guts floor work but I don't have the breakdown in front of me. I used 5# ankle weights through the entire workout. This is one freakin' hard floor work series.

Didn't have time to do the calf work from 4DS. I still need to do abs so I may do abs and calves tonight if I get home early enough.

That is all....

Today was quite the morning. My legs were fried by the time I got done. When I started to do my stretch our dog came over and sat RIGHT next to me - making it hard for me to do my stretching. I think he likes when I get down to eye level with him. :)

Anyway - I followed up the legs with a little bit of abs. I didn't do the whole BG abs due to time - but I may do a little more tonight.

We are also expecting some snow tonight and into tomorrow. I'm in southeastern Wisconsin so the snow is expected to start after 9pm tonight and go into tomorrow afternoon. They are predicting 8-14 inches of snow. I too am crossing my fingers for a snow day. :)

On another note - anyone watch the finale of Biggest Loser? I am so glad that Michelle won! The transformations of them all was amazing! I did notice those that some of them had that "skinny fat" look though that Debbie had mentioned before. Not all of them looked all that toned. BTW, LMAO when both Vicki and Heba almost slid on their butts walking out. Sorry - I couldn't help it.

Ok, thats all for now!

Good Morning Ladies!:)

Today was GS Back/Biceps and then I did all 10 blasts from Imax 3 :eek:
I'm shifting my focus a bit to doing this rotation (and probably the next one) more endo-ish....I've put a couple of pounds on and have bulked just a bit:eek:

Have a great day everyone!!

Good Morning,

Didn't get the chest, tri and shoulder work done yesterday oldest DD and SIL came over to play pool did manage to get the TM done. Tonite I will do the leg work (keep me accountable for this) tomarrow I will get up early to do the makeup work. Would like to add in extra ab work.

Debbie-I was hoping you would do another rotation next month I have lost 1lb since starting this and having to be accountable to everyone.

Last edited:
Well I didnt get to do Ch/sho/tri from 4ds yesterday I said I was gonna work out at the gym on my lunch hour but my office was so cold (the boiler is broken) I didnt want to get out from behind my desk I was sooo cold I had a sweater on the thought of going into the locker room and putting on my sports bra chilled me to death and then the hot water wasnt working either so I decided to workout at home. That didnt workout either cause I had gymnastics and karate with my 3 year old daughter. I finally got home around 6:30pm and then had to go back out at 7:45 to go pick up my other daughter from work. By the time I finally sat down after dinner dishes bathtime it was around 8:30ish I was tooo tired to do anything. So I'll do yesterday's work out on Sunday and use yesterday as my rest day. To top it all of my eating was in the crapper also. I started out great until I got home. So in addition to my normal meals I had 2 bowls of gold fishes 1 whole sleeve of Ritz crackers and 1 honeybun oh and all the samples you get when you go to Costco's. LOLOL

Anyway today's a new day right?? So off I go to do 4DS Legs/calves and BB flr work.......

Have a good day everyone and good workouts.

I do have a question for Debbie. When I did the 4DS using heavy weights I did not get sore. I would lift as heavy as Cathe and sometimes a little less. I would get Doms only with legs. Now that I'm doing less weight and many more reps I get a good soreness. Can you tell me why this is? I asked my husband who lifts weights (heavy) yet he directed me to you because he could not answer me. I am just curious why this would be the case. But, I also have not lifted heavy like we are doing in this rotation and then repeat the workout. So maybe if I did do it like that maybe I would get sore. I don't know. Veronika

Veronika,
How long were you doing a 4DS doing heavy weights? When your body gets use to a routine, the DOMS kind of subsides. Then when you change it up - i.e. higher reps, lower weights - then you will get sore. I find that I have been sore from starting this rotation and I'm actually surprised because I am also use to very heavy lifting. I think it's just because we are changing what our bodies are use too and that is why we are getting sore.

Hey guys!!! Anybody else battening down the hatches for a snow storm on the way??? lol I'm as bad as the kids, wishing and watching the weather forecast! Starting 5am tomorrow, we're supposed to get 12-13 hours of ice and snow. YAHOO!!!
Gayle

I wish we'd get snow. They keep calling for it yet we get nothing. :( Do you live on the east coast?

Good morning! I did all that leg work this morning, and then added on 200 swings with my 26#. The floor work seemed very long and drawn out to me -- it always does. I guess I don't like floor work.

Debbie, on the step outs with bands, I find I feel it more if I imagine stepping my foot a little forward as well as to the side. It doesn't go much forward, but I think that extra push does something for me.

Have a great day everyone -- good luck with the snow and ice!

-Beth

I'm already feeling it in my glutes, what is it going to be like tomorrow!

I'm more than happy to hope those of you who want snow days as long as it all jumps over this area ;-)

Debbie, on the step outs with bands, I find I feel it more if I imagine stepping my foot a little forward as well as to the side. It doesn't go much forward, but I think that extra push does something for me.

Have a great day everyone -- good luck with the snow and ice!

-Beth

Thanks for the tip, Beth. I'll try that next time.

Today was GS Back/Biceps and then I did all 10 blasts from Imax 3 :eek:
Have a great day everyone!!
GS B/Bi and 10 Imax 3 blasts, and you're still happy and cheerful?! Holy cow! :D I'd be crawling to my phone in an attempt to dial 911.

Checking in with 4DS Legs/B&G Floor/Abs. I also threw in 10 minutes of Bootcamp cardio just to check it out.

This was my first time with 4DS Legs, so I was conservative with the weight.

I haven't seen recent weather reports, so I don't know if Chicago is getting a lot of snow later tonight. Just in case though, I'm running to the store to get Christmas cookie ingredients. :eek: Snowstorm = baking.

Checking in with 4DS Legs/Calves and BG floorwork.

Lori, enjoy your baking! We've had a big cold front here this past week and another on the way. Lots of soup and stuff that cooks a long time in the oven (so the house warms up :D ).

I have not started my work out yet. I just got home from doing all the little things that had to get done before school tomorrow. I am going to feed my children and then lock myself in the bedroom to workout.

I would love for it to snow here.But with the temperature being 67 degrees I don't think we will get any snow soon.

Debbie, I did 4DS during the summer. I thought I was changing it up enough with other workouts to keep getting sore. The thing I did notice even though I did not have Doms is that I was adding muscle. But I didn't like getting so bulky. I like the muscle and definition but I don't want to look husky or big. Do you see what I am saying? I'm wondering if I lose fat that maybe I wouldn't look that way if I lift heavy.

Veronika

I'm so jealous that you are all through with the leg workout!!!!

I have not started my work out yet. I just got home from doing all the little things that had to get done before school tomorrow. I am going to feed my children and then lock myself in the bedroom to workout.

I would love for it to snow here.But with the temperature being 67 degrees I don't think we will get any snow soon.

Debbie, I did 4DS during the summer. I thought I was changing it up enough with other workouts to keep getting sore. The thing I did notice even though I did not have Doms is that I was adding muscle. But I didn't like getting so bulky. I like the muscle and definition but I don't want to look husky or big. Do you see what I am saying? I'm wondering if I lose fat that maybe I wouldn't look that way if I lift heavy.

Veronika

I'm so jealous that you are all through with the leg workout!!!!

Only your body can answer this question. You have to see how rotations change your physique. I can't tell you whether or not a certain way you train will make you bulky or not. I had to do many rotations to see what my body responded well too. I personally like the muscular look so bulky for me is a good thing. If you want to lean out more and define the muscles you have, then keep your weights moderate to heavy. See what happnes.

You are doing great with this rotation! Hope you enjoy today's workout! :eek: I'm glad it's over for me! LOL!

Just finished up 4DS Lower Body + Calves, and the B&G Floorwork.

My BUTT was on FIRE during the last leg lifts and pizza presses! I have to LOL when Cathe says something like, "Are you MOANING back there??" and YES I AM, in fact MOANING! Damn!

My legs were still pretty sore from my run on Tuesday, so I went a teeny bit conservative with the weights, though matched Cathe on 95% of them.

Beth! ..thanks for the tip. Even though I do feel the walk outs with the band , I "imagined" my leg going forward wtih them and definitely felt it more!

Off to throw a bread in the oven for a teacher appreciation day tomorrow!!!

Oh, and just to tell you how dedicated I am, as I was doing the inner leg lifts, I looked down and saw blood on my hand and arm! ... And I KEPT doing them!! Geesh, I must be :eek:! But i didn't want to lose my momentum and lose my place. Come to find out, it was just a scratch on my arm, but it looked pretty horry movie like!

Got another great workout in this morning - thanks Cathe and Debbie!
I did premix #3 on BC/KB, it was 31 minutes of legs plus calves. I'm pretty sure it included everything we were supposed to do.
Then I did the floor work from B&G. I only did the LEG floorwork, not abs too. Is that correct Debbie? I see abs on the rotation for tomorrow.
Good times.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.