Fitness Freak December Rotation for 12/17/08

messyjess

Cathlete
Good Morning everyone. I thought I would start us of this morning. I havent worked out yet today it's only 6:49am and I just got to work about 45 minutes ago. I'm working out at the gym at work today I wont be able to follow cathe's 4DS ch/tri/sho premix today but I was wondering which excersise and how many sets/reps I should do? Any suggestions pleasee?

Debbie(FF) can you share your expertise?????

Thank you all :D:D:D

Good morning!!! 2 hour delay here for the schools. But I got up early anyway to get the workout done for the day. I missed yesterday altogether because I forgot to set my alarm after trip to Jersey and I spent the ENTIRE DAY finishing up my Christmas shopping.

Cathe's class on Monday was awesome!!! It was a cardio boot camp class with core/abs at the end. Then Cathe and Jai (who also took the class) joined us for brunch at Friendly's.

SO.....this chest, shoulders, tricep premix....TWICE! Whose brilliant idea was this? :) OUCH! I'm not crazy about most premixes just because it's harder to follow thru my spreadsheets and mark my weights down, but believe me....today I was HAPPY for the extra time to page thru the different sheets. YIKES! AWESOME workout!

Jess......this premix basically was 4 rounds of weights, and each round consisted of chest, then shoulders, then tris....and LOADS of pushups! LOL I'm not sure exactly what the sequence was (short term memory). Maybe somebody else can remember better than I.....all I know is it was a killer workout the second time thru. I kept all my weights the same, except for the very last round of tricep lying extensions. AWESOME!

OK....time for a shower and a leisurely morning with the kids for 2 extra hours!

Gayle

Ok, I'll confess I only did the premix once today and then I did Stretch Max with the band. I did it with as heavy of weights as I could manage, but I just could not bring myself to do it again. I think it's all the push ups. If the day ever comes when I like doing push ups, I will set off fireworks so you'll all know.

I just got done with my workout but don't have time to show details. I'll be back later and let you all know what I did. I was bummed because I ran out of time and had to cut out one round with the 2nd time around. :( Still had an excellet workout, though.

Be back later...

Good Morning Ladies!

Checking in w/ KPC premix Intermediate/Combo's 1+20/High Intensity...had a great workout!

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Tonite is 4ds shoulder, tris and chest and 30 min on the TM. Got all my workouts caught up yesterday.

Debbie-love the picture you are a very pretty woman.

My mornings just keep getting worse and worse...

This morning I thought I selected premix 9 or 10 - whatever we were supposed to do and it started out with LIS warmup for the cardio section. I was a little surprised but did the warm up. Then the warmup ended and it went into the cardio section #1. What? So I had to stop and then noticed I was doing the wrong premix. Grr...

Did the right premix and then finished up with the rest of LIS. HOpefully tomorrow goes better.

Ok, here is my workout. Again, I was bummed I couldn't complete all of it twice through. I even started early. The first time through this took me 40 minutes and I didn't really even think I rested all that much longer then Cathe did.

Anyways, here is the workout:

4DS Chest, Shoulders & Triceps Premix

Round 1
Pushups: Full/Partials - 7 x's
Seated Overhead Press: 10's, 12's, 15's, 20's - 16/12/10/8 reps
***These are just a killer. PERIOD!
Tricep Pressdown w/Band: Purple
Kickbacks w/Band: Purple
***Burner! Love these.

Round 2
Pushups: 8 singles/8 bottom/8 top
Incline Dumbbell Press: 30's - 12 slow reps
***Did presses instead of flyes. Flyes bother my shoulders.
Lateral Raise: 10's for first 2 sets; 12's for last set
Slow Dips: Hate these
Seated Tricep Dumbbell Extensions: 20#, 25#, 30#, 35# - 12/10/8/6 reps
***These are easy for me.

Round 3
Decline Pushups: 12 reps
***Love these.
Alternate Overhead Press: 15's - 3 sets of 4 reps each side
***When you hold perfect form with this exercise, it is a killer!
Upright Rows: 20's - 12 reps
Stability Ball & HS Dips
Tricep Incline Pushups on HS

Round 4
Around the Clock Pushups
***I love these as well.
Front/Rear Raises: 10's - 8 reps
Rear Delt Flyes: 12's - 12 reps
External Rotation Pulls w/Band: Purple
***Wow did these burn!
Barbell Lying Tricep Extensions: 45# - 8 sets 2ct. down, 6 cts up
Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extensions: 12's - 8 reps/3 sets w/partials
***Love these two exercises.

With my second time around I dropped the weights for Seated Overhead Press to 8's, 10's, 12's, 15's. I really just hate that exercise. Then I had to stop with Round 3 but I did the Decline Pushpus, the Alternate OH Presses and then I went to Round 4 and did the BB Lying extenstions and DB extensions.

My upper body was fried. Those of you who did this entire thing twice, NICE JOB!!!

I switched my days and did Legs today. I don't have enough room in my workout room to do leg workouts so I carry everything upstairs to the family room. I prefer doing that on a day my daughter doesn't have preschool. Hmm, probably more than you wanted to know about my schedule. LOL.

Anyway, legs were good today. I am happy to report that I upped all of my weights from the last time I did 4DS Legs. Yahoo! Next time, I may go up on a few more. :)

Round 1
Warmup Squats BB- 40#
Squats Heels Raised- 40#
Deadlifts on step- 25’s (up from 20’s- may go to 30)

Round 2
Plie Squats- 35# with only the topper
Leg Press- 25# (up from 20#)

Round 3
Low Plane Lunges- 15’s (up from 12’s)
Leg Press/Outer Thigh Lift- 15# and 5lb AW (up from 12# and 2lb AW)

Round 4
Outer Thigh with Band- green band (I don’t feel these very much)
Squats- 45# (up from 40 and next time going to 50)

B&G Floor Work
Ball- outer thigh raises (ouch)
Ball- hamstring roll ins
Glute Squeezes- 2.5 AW
Inner Thigh Raises- 2.5 AW
Hamstring / Glute / Outer thigh- 2.5 AW
Did a bonus ball glute / heel squeeze- yeow

Calves
Calf raises on floor and off of high step topper
Calf raises with 15’s

Have a great day everyone!

LOL, Debbie, I've gotten spoiled. I just came here looking for your write up so I could print it out as I do everyday, and use it as my worksheet, lol. I guess I'll be fending for myself today, lol. It's the least I could do after all the work you put into this rotation ;)

Gayle, I live in North Jersey. I think I'm about 2 hours away from Cathe's place, and have been wanting to make a trip for one of Cathe's classes in forever. My buddy Melissa from these boards was lucky enough to attend the R.T. this year, and I didnt make it. You would think I was driving alone to Florida. I guess I'm a little paranoid about getting lost, even with a GPS. Anyway, hearing you guy talk about the classes really have me itching to get out there, and I will soon. I remember Gerry from theTae Bo boards too, and it would be nice to get to meet him in person too.

Ok, have a great day ladies. I'll be back to post later today.

Morning!
I did the 4DS Shoulders/Chest/Triceps premix twice through (matching Cathe the first time then dropping the weight on a couple of the exercises the second time thru). Then I ran a quick 1.5 miles on the treadmill (I'm trying to hit 1100 miles run for the year by the 31st and every mile is a mile closer....;)

Wow, this WAS push up mania for sure, lol!

Kathy G

Good morning! I never checked in yesterday because I'm sick and ended up staying in bed with no cardio all day. Debbie, should I do some cardio on Sunday, do you think, or just know that I had an extra rest day this week?

I did the 4DS chest/shoulders/triceps premix twice through today. I love that premix! (first time for me today). On the second time through, I too had to skip some sections because I ran out of time -- I tried to do equal splitting -- that is, some chest, some tricep work, though I think I did all of the shoulder work because I like working shoulders. Great workout!

Is there a January rotation posted already? I'll go look...... does this mean we think we won't have STS by then????

-Beth

LOL, Debbie, I've gotten spoiled. I just came here looking for your write up so I could print it out as I do everyday, and use it as my worksheet, lol. I guess I'll be fending for myself today, lol. It's the least I could do after all the work you put into this rotation ;)

Gayle, I live in North Jersey. I think I'm about 2 hours away from Cathe's place, and have been wanting to make a trip for one of Cathe's classes in forever. My buddy Melissa from these boards was lucky enough to attend the R.T. this year, and I didnt make it. You would think I was driving alone to Florida. I guess I'm a little paranoid about getting lost, even with a GPS. Anyway, hearing you guy talk about the classes really have me itching to get out there, and I will soon. I remember Gerry from theTae Bo boards too, and it would be nice to get to meet him in person too.

Ok, have a great day ladies. I'll be back to post later today.

Wow, Iris we live pretty close (I'm in South Jersey...near the shore). ;) Maybe some day we can meet up with the tri state group for a class. :)

Kathy

Debbie, I just asked you that question in yesterday's thread! I was semi-joking but hopeful you might want to continue. I also have Chalene Extreme and STS coming, but think I might not start until Feb or March- DH and I are doing STS together and we'll need some prep time before we begin. I would LOVE to do another rotation with you. So much fun! Yay!

Debbie...I sent you a PM yesterday along the lines of the question you posed. What type of rotation were you thinking? I ordered STS but was wanting to stay with strength training for a while longer.

I would so be in for a January rotation. I am loving this one.

Yanked myself out of bed at 5:15am this morning and got through the bi/tri/shoulder premix twice. The second round was much smoother knowing what was coming, and where the weights should be. Those pyramids are killer.

Iris, you are coming to the RT next year, even if I have to send a cab for you, LOL :eek:.

I'd love to do a January rotation. I only have STS coming but I figure I won't start it right away.

I did the 4DS Back/Biceps today. I upped my weight son the back, I couldn't on the biceps.

Back/Biceps
Round1
Supermans
One Arm Rows (warmup) - 20's
One Arm Rows: 31.5
Standing Hammer Curls w/Twist: 15/18 (tried 20, couldn't do it)
Standing Dumbbell Curls: 15/20

Round2
One Arm Rows: 31.5#
Barbell Crazy 8's: 33# (I'm really beginning to dislike these!)
Reverse Curls: 12's

Round 3
Underhand Barbell Rows: 70#
Incline Hammer Curls w/Twist: 15's
Hammer Curls: 15's

Round 4
Incline Pullovers: 31.5#
Hanging Concentration Curls: 20#
Wrist Curls: 11's

Round 5
Back pulls w/ green band
Y's w/ green band

Debbie, I'm really loving this rotation. You are a true inspiration!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.