Fit Moms Check in (Week of 10/1 - 10/7) ALL WELCOME!

kristi

Cathlete
Hello Ladies! The weeks are zooming by. It is hard to believe it is already October. Before we know it it will be Christmas.

This past week was okay as far as eating, but the exercising was not anything to brag about. I was fatigued and felt like I was coming down with something, but it did not amount to anything. However I was able to lose another couple pounds so I am only 3 pounds away from my goal. Let's hope the scale keeps going down. It keeps yo-yoing between 128-131. Anyway I'm trying to take more of my runs outdoors since the weather is so beautiful. I'm also trying to begin uping my mileage again to begin prep work for my half marathon the end of April for Derby. Luckily I have plenty of time to prepare and hopefully remain injury free.

Here are my workouts from last week:
Tuesday - Ran 3.6 miles
Sunday (yesterday) - Ran 4 miles

Keep up the good work ladies! I'll talk at ya later!

Where is everyone? I guess you all must be really busy. Yesterday I was going to run, but that night DD was up 4 hours straight so I only got about 3 hours total of sleep. Needless to say I was a zombie at work yesterday until my second wind hit me. Today's workout will probably be a short run. DD & DS were up some last night. I think DD has DS's cold from this weekend so I may need to pick her up at daycare today. If that is the case then I might have to X my workout due to the time factor.

Have a great day!

hey krisi,

long time no "speak":). how have you been? sorry to hear about the little ones being sick hopefully they will feel better soon. jaden has been sick also, took him to the dr. yesterday and they believe it's allergies.

you are running a half marathon? that's great!! are you super-psyched? well guess what i finally decided to commit to do a race, a 5k next month!! i just can't believe it. so i've been doing alot of practice runs. my workouts each week are 2 full bodyworkouts, 3 runs and kickbox each week.

i am hovering at about the same weight as you. i had gotten down to the weight i wanted to be and shot up again. due to poor eating. however it seems it doesn't want to be shaken off again..x( oh well, at least we know we are healthy.:D

talk to you later...

Hi Kristi and Sunnydelite,

Kristi, Good job on the weight loss. It's really neat your are doing a marathon. Wow! How much do you run a week? Hope everyone is feeling better at your house.

Sunnydelite, I love the name. That is great you are doing a 5K next month. I really like your schedule of two total body workouts, kickbox and 3 days of running. How did you decide on that?

I am thinking of doing a 5K trail run this weekend. I really don't care much for competing and I really don't know how to train. I just started running about a month ago.

Have a great day to anyone else that posts.

Karen-welcome to our little check-in:)
I just bought a beginners running book by runnersworld and i ask alot of questions. LOL. i also just started running so we are in this together. good luck on your upcoming 5k!!!

do you have any children? if so, how many?

Hi again,

Yes, I have 6 children. 3 girls and 3 boys. My oldest has Down Syndrome and is 15. Then down from there a 13 yr. old girl, 12 yr. old boy, 11 yr. old boy, 8 yr. old boy and a 4 yr. old girl.

How many children do you guys have?

Have a great day.

Hi there! I'll try this 'check in' thing. :) I've got to do something about my exercise consistency (more like inconsistency...yikes!). I'm a stay-at-home mom of a 2 year old boy. I find so many other things to do while he's sleeping (umm...like now...he's napping...haven't exercised..sigh).

Maybe if I check in with you all it will motivate me. Hey, I think I feel it working all ready!! :7 Wonder how much IMAXing I can get in before he wakes....

I'll talk to you all again soon.
Tana

Tana, I just started checking in here too. Go for as much of Imax as you can. You can do it. Have a great day.

Hello. Welcome to everyone joining us. I am super short on time.

My last week:
M- run 3 miles/run stairs
T- gym
W- "Kickbutt: Push Pull" (dumb name, good DVD)
R- nothing
F- IMAX 2
Sa- nothing/ate all day long at various parties
S- 4 mile run/some walk

Feeling much, much better and hungry as a horse.

My kids are almost 6, 4, almost 1.

Kristan

Good Morning everyone

I got my kids off to school. Now, what to do. I was planning on a run, but I am tired so I think I will try a step tape today.

We are going to my sons soccer game tonight. This weekend is Mountain Biking for all the guys in the family. It's a fun day at the park if it's warm. Still undecided if I'll run this weekend.

Have a great day.

Hello ladies & Welcome Karen & Tana! It is great to see more Moms.

SunnyD – I’ve missed seeing your beautiful boy’s picture around here. How are you all doing? Sorry to hear that Jaden has been under the weather. Congrats on signing up for your 5K! I’m so proud of you. You will do great! Your workout rotation looks good too.

I’m not super-psyched yet about my HM but I will be by the end of the month when I start full swing with my half marathon training. It will be a gradual increase with mileage, but at least it will help to keep me injury-free. In the meantime I want to get the kids feeling better and make sure I’m not sidelined by sickness and sleep-deprivation before I officially start. As it stands right now I am pretty exhausted since DD keeps getting up at night. I think it has to be the bug DS had this weekend.

Karen – Wow, you have a large family. You must be super busy. Christmas must be so exciting at your house. I have 2 children – 1 boy (4) and 1 girl (just turned 1). Right now I only run about 3-4 days a week 3 or 4 miles at a time and try to weight train 2 times a week. (I plan to start uping my mileage soon.) However the last couple of weeks have been out of whack with the kids sick and life in general getting in the way. Good luck with your 5K trail run this weekend. Keep up the good work with your running.

Tana – Good luck with IMAX. It’s a toughy but well worth the effort. If I didn’t exercise during my lunch hour then I probably wouldn’t be able to exercise at all because I also find things to do around the house while the kids are in sleeping too.

Kristan – I’m glad to hear you are feeling better. Your workouts, like always, are great! You put me to shame. Just think of all the times you are eating as fuel for your workouts. I’m sure you didn’t get to eat much with the stomach virus you had.

Today’s workout was a 4 mile run. It felt really good to be out in the fresh air. It was so beautiful and sunny, but now it is rainy.

I’ll talk at ya later!

Thank you for the 'welcomes'! I ended up skipping my workout on Wed. I was all set to do IMAX, but then remembered I wanted to order prints of my son's birthday party from Shutterfly. (It doesn't take much to distract me...:) )

Yesterday I went to the ymca and did the arc trainer and bike for 20 min each. My in-laws will watch my son on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I can go to the gym. DH wanted to join so I'm going to try to go too. I'd sooooo much rather be working out at home, but (given my history of distraction) it's a guaranteed workout without excuses.

You all are getting me inspired to start running again. I used to run a few years ago, but started having pain outside one of my knees. It had to be the shoes, but ever since then I've been a bit wary of running. I need to go to a running shoe store and be fitted for the correct shoe. I'd like to do the Race for the Cure next year. It's a year away so I have plenty of time.

Off to check on DS. I think I hear him singing in his crib. Today, I have scheduled total body weights.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful start to their weekend.

Tana

good morning,

Tana, do you like the arc trainer? I just was reading about it. It sounds different. It's neat you have someone to watch your son so you can get some workouts in. I bet your DS is singing a great song. TEE Hee.

Today is a 2 mile run and LG standing.

have a great weekend everyone.

Hello. This is going to be a very busy weekend: 3 birthday parties, an art fair in one neighborhood, an Oktoberfest in our neighborhood, Kindergarten soccer, and we really need to go to church.

Hoping to get in at least 1 1/2 hour workout today so I can skip exercise this weekened. I am thinking ME legs and a long walk/run with Gus and Audrey.

Kristan

Kristan, Have a fun weekend. It is definitely packed with fun things to do. I hope you make it to church. Have fun with your workout today and enjoy your days off over the weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.