fit 40's - week of Feb. 1st

Murphy

Cathlete
:eek:

Hi everyone.

I did not see another thread. I am getting ready for a meeting so I tought I would check-in and get it done. I am happy to report that I did well exercise-wise this weekend. I did MMA kickbox Saturday, STS day 1 Sunday and day 2, 40/20, today. Yeah me! I know, three whole days in a row... I have some DOMS going on; good stuff.

Hi to all who follow.

Murphy

HI everyone! Well, today I took a rest day....got going late and dwaddled just long enough to not give myself time to workout before work :) I needed the rest day! Sat I did PLB, oh my, the DOMS set it that night, and Sunday BM2 double upper premix.

Murphy, sounds like you did a lot today? STS day 2 AND 40/20? Wow, how do you like the 40/20, I need to try it again, this time with ONLY ONE riser!

Hi Ronne and Mary, happy Monday!

Hi girls! Hope you all had a good weekend. Murphy, you are a machine! Weren't you wiped after disc 2 and 40/20? Today I did ME, might try to get some cardio in later, depends on how much homework I have! (I mean how much the kids have!) Did C&W on Sat. took a rest day on Sun. Ronne, how are the new dvd's!? Tell us what you think. Lisa, I putter around a lot, you needed a rest day! Have a good night all! Mary

Hello everyone

Sounds like everyone's working hard!

Murph - that sounds tough. I bet you've got some DOMS by now!

Lisa - some days you just can't get it together? I know the feeling.

Mary - Well so far I've only tackled 2. MMA Kickbox on Friday and yesterday I did Athletic Step. I really liked that one, a good solid workout that was easy to pick up (I didn't preview it). I think I'll be doing that one a lot.

I've started Cathe's Feb rotation so today was Leg Blast from B&G. It is soooo tough. My legs were screaming by the end, I have to insert regular stretch breaks as I can't go straight all the way through.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

Hi Everyone, today I ran for 50 min on the treadmill with CC1&2 original. My PF is still bothering me. I think I need to get me a new treadmill as mine is 15 yrs old (and the belt slips for the first min or so). I hope DH will approve the purchase! I have plans (that I haven't divulged to him yet) to turn the little bedroom (that had the supplements for the nutritionist in it, but now has nothing) into a cardio room and put the new treadmill and spin bike in there. Right now my treadmill is in my storage room :p:eek:.

Ronne, Athletic step is fun, but tough. Didn't you think it was one of the toughest ever? I was winded, am I just showing my age? :eek:

Murphy, are you still moving after that workout?

Mary, hope the homework wasn't too bad :) I detest those requests made by teachers that require the kid to have x type of notebook or tool by Friday and the request is made on a Wed. Geez, give the parents the weekend, pls. Oh, and there was a big hub bub over WHEN they should have graduation so we all had to vote. Monday night or a Sat night, uh, duh, Saturday pls, there are people who work, plus wouldn't a kid want their grad party on a Sat night instead of a Monday?

Venting done....better get to work, I've basically done nothing all day. I do have to reduce my hours to save company money by 4 hrs a week, fine by me!

Hi all,

I wish I could accept the superwoman title but I did not do STS and 40/20 in one day. STS was on Sunday and 40/20 was Monday. Today is STS disc 2. I am doing Cathe's STS/Shock Cardio rotation. I hope to keep it up. I like 40/20 but I must admit, after the first half I am fighting to keep up. Speaking of that, I had DOMS from disc 1 and could not do my push-ups. I went down on the knees but was still sore. I may have to hold off until STS is over. ???

Murphy

Hi girls! Just finished CCC, or rather it finished me! I think it is harder than the HIIT's! Last night I did the heavy bag with hand weights, (don't have a heavy bag and I'm not going to invest in one for a 20 min. w/o) It was fun! Murphy, if you are doing STS do you still need to work on your push-up challenge? That is demanding a lot from your body. Lisa, your own workout room!!? How fun. That would be a great thing! Haven't tried Atheltic Step yet, it looks challenging! I haven't been into step lately, I am sure the urge will come back. Hope your foot feels better. Ronne, hope your legs hold you up tomorrow. Well, more homework for me! Then basketball. Have a good night. Mary

Hi All,

I had a stomach bug last night so I did not work out this morning. Today is supposed to be MMA kickbox but I think I will sub it for 4DS kickbox. It is short and yet still a good workout and I can stay on track.

Ronne - I have not tried Athletic Step, you recommend giving it a go?

Lisa - 50 minutes on the treadmill? WOW, now I am tired. Can I skip my workout today?

Mary - I have not tried the heavy bag bonus, what is it like? I don't have a heavy bag either and I don't plan on buying one either. The weighted gloves worked out okay? Oh, I think you are right about the STS and the push-ups. I was thinking about how to fit them in and then I thought I might be pushing myself to hard - then I will get sick and everything will be thrown of course.

Murphy

Hi everyone

Just a quickie as I've got to pick DD up from school. I did Imax 2 Blast Mania premix today (I've had to move the rotation around to make it fit). Never done that premix before, it's great, 41mins and good and tired!

Back for more tomorrow!

Hey Yall,

Well, today I did LM premix 1-4....notice a theme here? low impact stuff
I think I have DH talked into a new treadmill. Shana (another Cathe girl) recommended one to me, it's not cheap, but I think we're worth it (I say WE because I hope DH uses it more, maybe he will if it's more comfortable impact). I think the thing that really got me hurting is all the impact from STS Cardio (that's all I did for a month or 5 wks). I'd love a flooring system, but that seems like quite an investment.

Mary, don't be too impressed about my workout room....it's nothing like others. IS CCC Cardio Core Circuit...that one is tough! Great idea about the heavy bag workout (I won't buy one just for a 20 min workout either).

Ronne, I can't believe your restraint at not rushing to do all the STS Cardio dvds...smart lady....but that Imax2 blast mania is TOUGH....I think that's one I started just to stop one day

Murphy, If you have Cardio Coach mp3 guided workouts, 50 min on the treadmill FLIES by. Without him, I wouldn't make it, but before I knew it was 50 min later (if only my feet didn't hurt I would have been in pure bliss).

Gotta run for now, have a good one !

HI everyone! Tomorrow is Thurs.!! Today I did B&G, leg premix. Hadn't done that in awhile, I was nervous my dvd player was on repeat or something, I kept repeating those walking lunges with the jumps, not my favorite! The heavy bag section is mainly punching, jumping jacks and a little leg work. I was kind of suprised the calorie burn for that was almost 200 and for the one I did today (which was much more challenging, in my head and body) wasn't even 300! Lisa, good for you with LM, I haven't done that one in awhile either! Too bad your health insurance won't cover a new floor! It is for medical reasons, right? Ronne, I have never tried that premix, but just the title sounds ominous! Murphy, how are you feeling? I don't like stomach trouble! Have a good night! Mary

Hi all

More time to chat today!

Well, I did it. I did Cardio Core Circuit today. After hearing about it on here, I'd previewed it so I knew what I was in for. Well, what can I say, that woman wiped the floor with me!! I did get through it all and only gave up a couple of times. I did all the modifications avoiding push-ups as that's just way too much. But I did enjoy it and felt very proud of myself for getting through it!

Murph - hope you're feeling better girl! I liked Athletic Step, it's not as tough as Imax 3 and it's good fun. I was relieved when it was over though so it is a challenge.

Lisa - hope the injuries aren't plaguing you too much. Low impact is very sensible. Hope you win DH over on the treadmill :) I'm quite impressed with myself as well. ;) Doing this rotation is a nice way of getting through some of the new ones, I think I've got Step Moves and the Boxing in there at some point.

Mary - I did that B&G premix the other day. It is a killer, isn't it? You should give the Blast Mania premix a go, it's not as tough as it sounds because you do get the cool downs between each one. (not as tough as CCC!)

Well, better get back to work. Have a good Thursday everyone.

Hi all,

I am feeling much better today, not 100% but way better than yesterday. I am glad I skipped the cardio yesterday, it might not have been pretty. I can get through the weight stuff today, disc 4, so I can stay on track.

Lisa - what do you have on your floor now, only carpet? You should get one of those area mat things. It looks like those big rubber-like mats they put the equipment on in gyms. I bought mine at Wal-Mart but other stores carry it too. It is big rubber mat pieces that fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. Mine is aobut an inch and 1/2 thick and really made a difference. I also have an area rug that I put on top of it for an extra bit of padding.

Murphy

Hey everyone, quick check in before my next conf call. I did CTX UB PM today.

Murphy, Yes, I think I'll have to go to that....how big an area did you cover ? I worry about "falling off" the edges of the pad, make sense? Do you "stick" to the pad, so would I need to put some rug over it? Right now I have carpeted cement :confused:

Sorry, gotta cut it short :(

Hi girls! Today will be upper body of some sort. My legs are tired from B&G and CCC on Tues. Have to go look at my selections! Murphy, glad to hear you are feeling better. How was disc 4? Ronne, Good job on the CCC, isn't it hard?! I hope you like the boxing one, I really enjoy that one. Lisa, sounds like work is picking up! I don't have CTX, I need to think about that one. When I have watched the clips, it looks like a lot of hi/lo, not my favorite. Do I need it? Have a good day all. Mary

I'm back, hopefully no one interrupts me again, grrr, geez, what do they think I'm doing, working or something? :) Yes, Mary it is picking up, I'm taking 1/2 day (or maybe even 6 hrs) off tomorrow and having lunch with my BFF. I need a break! Mary, I bought the CTX UB clip --- you could use your iTouch for it, but my MacBook burn a very nice DVD of it. And yes, you need that one! I don't have the other CTX workouts....I never wanted to pay for all of them in one batch but once they put the clips you can buy from the website up, I immediately got the UB one. Am I making sense or rambling?

ronne, you've talked me into trying that blast mania premix, but not until I look at getting those pads Murphy talked about. I'm just happening to go to Walmart tomorrow, I know I've seen them there before, hope they have them as I may just pick them up! Geez with all this spending $, I can't really afford to take off work, can I? :)

later ladies....I may not get to checkin tomorrow....I plan on spinning 30 min and med ball abs!

Hi All,

Still on track w/ STS. Stomach was a bit off and on but I got through it. I hope to back to 100% soon, we have a party for my 5 year old and I would prefer not to throw up on anyone or spend it in the bathroom. :)

Lisa - the pads cover 24 square feet (that is what the packaging said) and no I don't stick. I have a rug over it b/c DH prefers looking at the rug than the pad. ??? My living room is my workout room. It is called a puzzle mat. I hope this link works, I am ont computer savy.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cap-Barbell-3-4-Puzzle-Mat-24-sq-ft/11089978

Murphy

Hi everyone

Murphy - hope you hold it together (literally ;)) for the birthday party. It would make a change from 5 yr olds throwing up from eating too much! Have fun!

Lisa - what a great idea about the CTX downloads, I hadn't thought of that. I've always been tempted by this series but never sure if I would use the whole thing (also not that keen on getting the really older series). I might look at some selective downloads and burn them.

Hi Mary!

Today I did PUB (no abs). I struggled a bit on chest as I think I've lost a bit of UB strength but overall it was fine. I really like it as it goes so quickly. Just doing UB and abs from BM2 on Sunday and that's all. I'm going for a back massage tomorrow - a voucher that was given to me for my birthday last year. Then we've got friends coming to dinner tomorrow night and we're going to friends for lunch on Sunday so a very sociable weekend ahead!

Have a good one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.