FIT, 40 AND FABULOUS 19th Jan

Lisa, Veronika - I like Jari, love her workouts BUT the womans boring. her music is boring. I did the advanced rotation and lost a couple of pounds and I have to conceed its been the ONLY rotation that I've gotten ANY results with. having said that, I had to mix it up a bit and include Ripped to the Core and Slim and Lean into the advanced weeks otherwise I would've gone NUTS. I also completed the leg sections two times through. Now that I am doing CharLean, the difference in the personality is HUGE and I would find it hard to go and do another sole Jari rotation. Cathe and Charlean have sooo much more personality.

Ronne - I would LOVE to see your before and after pics. can't wait!

I'm having a "I will succeed this week" week. I'm determined to lose a pound or lose something, (maybe my mind???)LOL

Got to go, see ya.

Good Morning everyone! Hope you had a good weekend. It is warming up here, it is now 18! The dog will go out now! Took a rest day yesterday, I have to tweek with FF rotation b/c the PS videos are due back at the library tomorrow. Today will be legs tomorrow will be Back and biceps. Andrea, I totally agree with you about Jari, I do go a little soft in my head doing her videos, the repetition is endless! Hello to all. Talk to you later. Mary

Hello everyone

Mary - so I guess that means you've got a day off snow shovelling then? That must be nice!

Andrea - I do like the sound of this Chalean Extreme. But I am NOT spending any money on workout stuff till the house is done! Hope you succeed this week!

Very noisy again here today. No workout of course. Oh well, I enjoyed my cardio yesterday.

Bye for now.

Thanks Andrea on the feed back. I'll stick to cathe. I can't afford to buy anything new right now anyway.
Veronika

Hey ladies! I did Kick Max today, it's been ages since I've done that one esp because it's not one of my favorites. So the change was good. I was thinking of doing a circuit or a kettlebell workout but my biceps are so sore from the FF PUB + PUB pyramid up that I don't think I could have lifted 5 lbs! Tomorrow I'm planning on a kettlebell workout and then after my rest day will do a Jari Love rotation, just to change things up. I know Jari is boring so I don't expect to make it past a couple of weeks on that one and hopefully then STS will be here!

Andrea, aren't you glad you didn't buy the JL rotation?! I plan on adding Ripped to the Core to the advanced rotation. I'm thinking I may want CLX someday but for now I'll wait since STS should be here soon (I hope).

Veronika, sorry to hear of the loss, even ones that aren't strongly connected to us still affect us.

Ronne, I'm sure those workouts felt good, keep that feeling while the next construction phase starts.

Murphy, are you still doing well? Getting into the groove?

Vilma, how are you dear, feeling better?

Mary, will the kids go back to school tomorrow? I bet you will be glad when they do!

Kathryn, how are you doing?

Hellos to whomever I may have missed, have a great week!

Hi again! Did PS legs today, with the weight vest, that makes it very ugly! I can't believe how much harder it makes it! The kids and I went to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop today, cute, silly humor. Lisa, You are right, the kids do go back tomorrow, after 5 days off. Then I was thinking I should keep them home so they can watch the inaguration? I think they will watch it at school, as it is history, and they need to get back to real life. I do like KM, I was thinking of doing some Jari, too, before STS arrives, I just don't want to fall asleep while I am working out. I need to think some more! Veronika, I am right there with you, not being able to spend more on fitness stuff. Have you tried resale book stores? I have gotten a lot of my Cathe collection at those. The most I have ever paid is $7 a dvd at those. Ronne, when will the house be done? Do you like to run? Or only do dvd's. I only do dvd's, tried running, failed miserbly! Hi to you Andrea, Vilma. Where is Kathryn? Well, I need to get back to house cleaning, and dinner, and wash, Have a good night. Mary

Hello to all!

Lisa - have you stopped the FF rotation then? A Jari rotation doesn't really appeal to me either. BTW, how's your DH doing in his new job?

Veronika - I'm with you on not spending, you're not the only one!

Mary - do you like the weight vest? I quite fancy getting one at some point as my barbell only goes up to 35lbs.
The house won't be done till mid-March. I'm not a runner at all, I might see if I can go to the local gym and perhaps do some classes but it's just making the effort to get in the car...

I did go to a Pilates class last night - a last minute decision. It was really good and I think I'll probably do that regularly for the next couple of months.

Bye for now

I'm here!

Hi, everybody! I survived the busy week from you-know-where last week...

We hosted a three-day conference for our company (all of our sales reps nationwide were here), so that was lots of work and activity. I had jury duty in the middle of it. And my son's Pinewood Derby was at the end of it. I feel like I did nothing but run around for most of last week.

But here I am, freezing (it's cold here today!) and trying to catch up on my work. I did IMAX 3 this morning, but it felt harder than usual. I'm glad tomorrow is my day off (from exercising).

I'm going to have to dig up last week's thread to see what I missed! Have a great day, everybody!

HI All,

It sounds like everyone has been busy. Same here for me. I was off yesterday but cleaned the house and etc. Now I need a day off after my day off! I have not exercised since Saturday and I do miss it. Saturday I did the My Fitness Coach again. I tried to increase the level of difficulty but it would not take so I kept trying and just gave up. The next thing I new I was really working hard - apparently it takes a minute for the increase to register and the program to adjust. It felt like I was doing a Cathe workout. So much for taking it easy that day.

Anyway, I hope to get back to exercising full swing. I feel good. I just need the kids to coopeate and sleep through the night.

Murph

My biceps are finally not sore so today I did a Kettlebell workout (Empire State). My glutes are a little sore from KM yesterday....it's amazing how something different that you wouldn't expect to get your sore does.

Ronne, I stopped the FF rotation. My trap couldn't take it anymore and I was losing sleep because of the pain. I've been sleeping like a baby these last couple of nights, ah! I'm going to do Jari for a week, see if I can make it to 2, or else do kettlebells until STS comes.

Andrea, I had a question about CLX. I was wondering if the slow heavy lifting is like Cathe's slow and heavy? I HATE those slow counts so I'm wondering if I would like it. Thoughts?

Kathryn, glad you're back! It's warm here! It's been wonderful, I've enjoyed walking the dog and soaking up the sun. Hopefully the mountains get some decent snow though so that they have some in late Feb/early Mar when we plan to go up again.

Hellos to Murphy, Vilma, Mary, and others who may follow!

Hi everyone.
Please I mean no offence. I am just watching Presidents OBAMA show, the parades on now, AND I cannot believe how many chubby marching band people there are!! Thats one HELL of a workout those guys do, I baffled!!

Lisa- CharLean is Nothing like slow and heavy. Cathe does 3 sets. Charlean does one set and your aim is to get to 10 or 12 reps. You are NOT TO THROW IN THE TOWELL BEFORE 10! Shes doing compound moves. Her slow reps would be 4/4 count. Ideally I would think 6/6 count would do, the slower the better, but its not drawn out like slow and heavy. I know what you mean and its not the same at all. Has that helped?

STS sounds like its a 3 day a week program? (is that right?)This ones is five days. two rest days . I'm trying to throw in some extra cardio, but if you go heavy and its REALLY heavy, its amazing! So I'm thinking its two totally different workouts. Plus theres little to no rest between the sets of exercises. I have a feeling that for me, personally, I've made the right choice in going Charlean rather than STS.

Thanks Andrea, that does help! I know I'll get Chalean eventually now. I just happened to think today during my dog walk that if it is REALLY slow lifting like S&H then I don't think I'd want it. I can handle a 4/4 count though. Since I don't want to spend any money right now, I'm going to wait for STS, then after that I may seriously consider Chalean (it will always be there waiting for me to buy it). Thanks a bunch for the info!

HI all,

I am starting, officially, my revised 1RM's. So, that will probably be my only exercise (except for an ab/cardio day here and there) until it is done. Anyone else doing them?

Murph

Murphy - I cannot for the life of me understand the 1rm in any way shape or form. And I read other guys are just like me and then theres some very rude people who do "get" how to do the test and treat those who don't very shamefully. That didn't answer your question at all (sorry) Lisa is 1rming, and I think Ronne is too.

I did 1rm a couple months ago, I probably need to repeat it especially after the FF but I'm not going to.

Today was supposed to be a rest day since I went into work, wellllllll....the weather is sooooo nice here and I had lots of time before I needed to go into work, so I decided to take the dog for a walk, then since I was sweaty I decided to do an iTread on the treadmill and ran 4 miles in addition to my 3 mile walk.

Hellos to everyone, have to run to get dinner ready!

Hi everyone

Kathryn - sounds like you had a really busy week!:confused: Jury service in middle of all that as well?! Hope the conference was a success and everyone said thank you!

Lisa - very wise on dropping the rotation. Glad to hear you're sleeping well (must be the JL rotation ;)). Sounds like life is good at the moment!

Murph - sorry, can't help you with 1RMs as I'm not buying STS. Hope you work them out.

Andrea - you sound like you're really enjoying Chalean. I just wish they would show longer clips. I'm spoilt by Cathe and Amy who have good 10 min chunks. You get a much better idea of what something's like.

Been working hard and avoiding snacks as I'm not working out at the moment. No pudge depression setting in yet! :p

Bye for now

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a good day. Today was S&H legs and shoulders, I was counting much faster than Cathe! They weather is beautiful here today, we hit 32! It feels like a warm front! Ronne, good for you avoiding the snacks, I wish I could say the same, I just had myself a handful of peanut M&M"s, does that count as a protein? Lisa, impressive with the 7 miles yesterday, me, being the lazy butt I am, would have just counted the dog walk as my w/o! I need to start my 1 rm's, I think I might wait until I actually have STS in my hands, I'm not quite believing yet that it is actually coming. Andrea, good for you with CLX, I can't really find any clips of it, but my DH would have my head if I ordered another system even before Cathe's gets here! Hi to Vilma, Murphy, Kathryn and anyone else I missed. I need to start cleaning this house! Have a good day. Mary

Hey yall! I'm wiped out for some reason. I did JL Ripped 1000 this morning :eek:. This is only the 3rd time I done it (1st time, I thought no way will I ever be able to do that and turned it off, 2nd time, I said I'll do this if it kills me --and used just the step topper -- and I lived, 3rd time-today-I added 1 riser, wowwzzers, I don't think my heart rate ever came down for the whole workout, but I did it). Now I'm ready to crash on the couch, but I had to do the bathrooms....AGAIN, and I still have to vacuum and do some laundry. Has anyone else done this one? Am I just a wimp? I think after doing this I'm ready to get Chalean, BUT I have to wait until after STS. I can't justify to MYSELF to buy Chalean right now when STS should be here soon. AFter STS I may just buy Chalean...it will always be there to buy!

Ronne, good for you with your eating! That's hard, I'm feeling my willpower waiver at times. Sometimes I think if I just have a big pig out feast then maybe it'll shock my body to lose just those last 5, hmmmm....maybe the shock will come tomorrow as I'm planning on eating mexican with my BFF.

Mary, did you quit the FF rotation too or are you subbing S&H? Are you going to follow along with Cathe on STS? That will be kind of cool.

my thoughts on the 1RM is, I'm not a body builder, I'll use the #'s I think and modify as needed.

Well, gotta go get that vacuuming done (she mutters under her breath as she drags the vacuum out of the closet) :D

Oh and Ronne, life is good right now, it's just clipping along at a nice pace and I'm hoping there's no big curves in the future (it's a bit nerve wracking as DH company is laying off again but managing to keep it out of the news like they always seem to do). I'd like to keep life on autopilot for a long while! :D:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.