February CHECK IN ▲ Wed. 25 ▲

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Hello All!

Did everyone have a good night?

Ivy where do you sell your workout dvds? I have some that I may decide to sell one day myself.

Chris
gotta love that peppermint tea - I was feeling so 'off' yesterday that the tea helped alot.

Thanks for sharing about wall hitting - I felt exactly what you had written also

Joanne You have P90 and never opened it? Wow :p
Glad you are feeling better.

Beth is Gina home now? I'm sure the boys are thrilled to have her back home.

Nope not joining Twitter and I don't do Facebook or MySpace like Joanne I have so many distractions as it is already

Not sure what is on my workout menu today.

Woke up w/ the slight feelings of a head cold which I caught from DH - he's home sick from work today and I'll be dosing myself w/ Emergen-C along w/ getting some Zicam before this crud becomes full blown. I refuse to get sidelined by it.

Anyways I'm a bit concerned about my male cat he is just acting very strange and howling alot which is not normal for him at all. I hope he is not sick :( I wish I knew how to speak cat I have no idea what's the matter with him. :confused:

Have a Great Day !!!!

picture.php

Goodmorning Vilma and all who follow

Today I'm thinking of doing my 1RM so we'll see how that goes.

Vilma: LOL!! You silly lady! I had to laugh when you said you wished you talk cat language. Well, I hope your cat is ok and I hope you don't get sick. I need to buy some of that Emergen-C stuff to have in hand. I sell my workouts on the YaYa's forum and I also have them list on Amazon.com, which I was rolling last night with TONS of sales from Amazon.com. I sold about 10 DVDs just last night! Loving it! Have fun with your workout you choose to do today :)

I'll BB later

Good morning ladies...

Getting ready for church. But, I thought I would pop in and say hello...

Today's workout will be Disc 11....

Thanks for sending the list Ivy...I didn't see anything I wanted. That is great that they are selling though..Good luck..

Hope your cat is ok Vilma.. And I hope you don't get sick either!!!

Talk to you later..

Good morning! IMAX 2 for me this morning -- yes, Vilma, I'm so happy you all talked me into it -- it's probably my favorite cardio dvd! And, I think of you friends every time I do it (maybe contributing to the favorite factor!).

I went back and looked at RS last night -- you're right, it's not the old one I was thinking of. I'll have to try it again when it's in the rotation. I think I was thinking of MIC.

Ivy, great job selling those dvds -- wow! And funny story about your husband.

Vilma, I hope you figure out what's going on with your cat. Have you noticed if he's peeing as normal?

I'm nervous about legs tomorrow -- the left ham/glute is still so sore. I think I'll just go really light on weights. Chris, you didn't do any leg 1RM tests, did you? How are you deciding what weights to use? I know what you mean about feeling lost when you don't have a target weight in there.

gotta go...

-Beth

Hi ladies!! Did some more 1RMs today. Ouch!! My arms are a-aching!! I must be doing them right to be so sore. I've done most of the Disc 1 and 2 ones. Did anyone do the legs 1RM? I'm debating about whether to do those or not. I also did about 1/2 of Amy's Hi/Lo Cardio Knockout.

Beth, yea, Imax2 is a goodie! It's like the perfect cardio workout. I'm not so sure about those leg 1RMs either. The arm ones are killing me!

Hey Kathy!

Ivy, wow, those DVDs are selling fast! You had some good ones for sale - I should know - I have just about all of them! ;)

Vilma, well, I did "open" P90X - just never did it! I actually watched a couple, though. ;) I'm not sure what could be wrong with your cat - maybe give the vet a call and they can give you an idea of what might be wrong. Vets are so expensive though - DH always says it's a guaranteed $100 to walk in the door of ours with Tully! Heck, the kids are only a $10 copay! Oh - hope you don't get sick! Keep popping those vitamins and Zicam!

I have my "womanly" (as DH says) doctor again today. Yuck! My last pap was abnormal, so he's checking me again. Oh joy! Trying not to worry too much.

Have a great day all!

Joanne

OMG..I just typed out a freakin book, and it got "aten"!!! #*#*#&$&#$!!!:mad:

Quick one now. I did DISC 11, Back and Triceps today and the extended stretch. It was tough, but I did it. I did barbell rows with 70#'s today :eek: One tricep exercise had me down for 17.5's. Ummmm...not likely! I did 15#'s and barely made it through. Damn!

Beth & Joanne: I did only Deadlifts (dumb bells) for 1RM's and have had NO problem with the leg discs. I think the exercises themselves are pretty new (plates and ball wall squats) and even done without weights, are work!! And I got major DOMS each and every leg disc. And thats with going probably lighter than 1RM's would have me at. Beth, the "Bonus" band work is the best at the end of it!!! Make sure you do it!!

Vilma: hope your kitty is ok!

Ivy:
Glad you talked DH into seeing your way on STS!!!! My DH is more of an enabler... Not sure which is worse! LOL!

Kathy: Hope you made it through Disc 11 ok, let me know how you did! I feel kind of crappy I won't make church today. I have decided for Lent to say the Rosary every day. Since I don't remember the prayers of the Rosary , it may take me a bit!!

Gotta go now, but will BBL!

I had to get moving in a hurry this morning -- quick exit! But I'm back..... yes, we have Gina back, and she learned a lot of tricks! I'm not sure she's any better at really listening to us when we need her to though -- ug! That dog trainer must have thought we needed to send our kids to a trainer -- the boys were very excited to see Gina and they wanted to get her to do all the tricks, so they were really out of control while we were there -- so embarassing! We joked about sending them there and the trainer said the charge would be three times as much. :)

Chris, thanks for the heads up on the leg work -- I'm glad to know the 1RMs aren't so important for legs. Joanne, yes, you do get sore from the testing -- in fact, Ivy, I was going to tell you.... you may want to schedule some non-weight days (more than just one) in between your testing and starting STS. It seemed like you had a really aggressive schedule in there -- you may regret it!

Chris, bummer about your long post getting eaten!!

Joanne, I hope all goes well at the dr. today -- and yes, try not to be nervous/stressed.

Ok, I need to clean.... one of these days I'd better get my tax stuff organized too. I am procrasinating like crazy on that.....

-Beth

Oh Beth, I do know some boys that would behave JUST like that if they had the opportunity!! ;)

In my "Book" post, I posted to you Joanne about your GYN appt today, wishing you luck! I had a positive PAP a few years back, and ended up having a Cone Biopsy. I was a wreck too. it all turned out good, it was all negative. They just followed up my PAP smears like every 6 months for a while after that. I hope you don't even "graduate" to the Cone Biopsy part!!!

Meanwhile, i went for a ride to get a new Kitty Carrier. Kiwi, our fluffy orange cat, needs some grooming in a BAD way. I want to get him the "Baboon" butt cut! :eek: To prevent future "happenings" down there! Plus get all his tangles out.

That was the highlight of my day so far. I keep thinking I need to DO something, but my mind is blocking anything I *need* to do! :confused:

Hi Guys!

Well my poor kitty will be staying at the Kitty Hospital probably until Monday :(

The vet told me it was a good thing that I had him seen early as he has a blocked urethra and if I had waited too long I could have found a dead cat at home :(.

He only gave me two options for Silver have him stay and get better or put him down :confused:. Of course there is no way I was going to do the 2nd option so I'm looking at an insane vet bill, but what could I do? No way could I put my cat down when he could be treated.

I cried like the wuss I am - I am not ever going to get any more animals. I get too attached and as it is my dog Pepper will be gone 4 yrs now and I still can't face a Miniature Schnauzer without getting weepy. I miss my Pepper still so much so Silver and Cassie will be the last pets in my household as long as I can help it as it just hurts so much to see them sick.

So tomorrow we'll go visit him to see how he's doing :) he'll have the catheter in place for the next 3 days. So Cassie has the run of the house while her brother gets better.

I caught my lovely husband's cold and have pressure in my head and just feeling really weak and my chest hurts a bit so no workout for me today and possibly tomorrow. I am going to heed my own advice and take it easy until I feel better but hmmm perhaps doing some stretchmax will be okay and walking ?

Well I need to go and pick up my ds from practice see you later.

Oh Vilma! I'm sorry about your cat!! It's crazy how much the vet costs these days. And back when we had a dog, (working on 10 years ago) they wanted the ENTIRE payment upfront! :eek: But of course you have to do everything for them. You're so good that you brought him in!! Now I'll know if my kitty howls , he may have urinary issues!

Sorry you're getting sick too! You guys get a lot of sickies there!! Good idea to rest your body, I think stretchmax and a walk is perfectly FINE! Maybe your body was trying to tell you something when you "hit that wall" yesterday!

Hope you AND your kitty are better quickly!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.