February 10 Check in Weekend 6th/7th********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Oh the snow!!! We have sooooo much of it. Anyone else buried in it? It is still snowing too...Yikes, we have not had this much snow since we have lived here..

Today is the last Slow & Heavy for me..Biceps and Triceps...

Talk to you later..

AHhhhh! no snow here! It JUST missed us, but I have a friend in MD that sent pictures of it. Holy MOLY! BURIED! Slow & Heavy sounds very appropriate for today, Kathy! Hope you own a snow blower?

We got back a bit ago, finished delivering our Saturday papers. I'm going to head downstairs to do BM2 Upper Body Weight Premix (no abs) and 20 Minute Turbo Jam!

We went to Red Robin last night, and I was a bad bad girl. I never ever get anything evil, and we rarely go out to eat, so I enjoyed myself. I got the Chicken Brushetta Sandwich (didn't eat the roll though). and my steak fries had sauteed minced garlic all over them! YUM!! Ate them all up.

And does this happen to anyone else? When I got home, and my stomach is obviously full of fries, I get these horrible cravings for something sweet! It's nuts! And actually, I ate nuts! (cocoa covered almonds) + a Godiva Dark Choc. Raspberry bar (from Christmas). Oh my, I better go work out!!!

YIKES!

*Waves* to Joanne and Beth and Hottstuff Hottie!

Chris: I hear you on the eating...I never eat anything bad when we got out. But, every now and then I say forget it and eat what I really really want..Your eating last night sounds yummy!!! No, we don't have a snow blower. But, our neighbor has one and is kind enough to help us out most of the time...This time Vic and I have done most of the shoveling...It is just so much!!! I will have to take photos..Enjoy your workout!! I finished up with my slow & heavy cycle this week...

Our internet is really ailing this morning!

Kathy, wow, the snow!! I hope you don't have to go anywhere today! Are you packing????

Chris, sounds like fun last night. And yes, certain foods really trigger the sweet cravings.... for me a lot of times it's something spicy or stronger favored. I am trying desperately hard to ignore the cravings.... I'm on my sixth day right now, and though that probably sounds ridiculously small, it's huge for me.

Super bowl parties this weekend? Not for us.... we may resume couch shopping while the crowds are thin. We'll see.

My workout today.... we had friends over for dinner last night, so I didn't plan out anything last night -- I felt really lost this morning trying to pick. How stupid is that?! I ended up with Tracie Long's Defining Shape. It's a good one. She does some creative moves I've never done, but unlike Patrick, they do not seem injury prone and I can understand why she's doing them. Ug! Still mad about that. Those are going back!

Hope you all have a lovely day, snow or no. Don't know when I might be back since we seem to have very unpredictable moments of actual internet traffic.

Beth: Yes, I am washing clothes and packing them in the suitcase so I don't end up doing it all on Monday...We are going nowhere today. Couldn't if we wanted to. The street in front of the house hasn't been plowed. Vic is using the neighbors snow blower right now and I think he only has done half the driveway..Still snowing too...Ugh!!!

Hey again...

I finished BM2 upper body only. VERY short, but some of the moves BURNED by the end. Crazy how a short workout like that (25 minutes w/ warm up) can really get good in there. I'll be curious to see if I get DOMS tomorrow from *just* 20 minutes..

Oh , I tacked on Turbo Jam 20 minutes. Good short sweat!

Beth: 6 days is COMMENDABLE! I rarely get 6 days in a row of clean eating. RARELY, so I understand it's a big thing. I need to try harder next week. HARDER!!! ... No SuperBowl parties here either. Well, we're both working. I'm sure there will be fun people at work! It'd be nice to see New Orleans win, wouldn't it? Glad you got in a GOOD SAFE workout today!!

Kathy: The kids must be loving the snow, no? That is actually one reason I look outside and see bare brown ground (with some patches of old snow) and smile inside! I truly HATE getting the kids in and out of snow clothes and boots, and sorting and drying them all. It was even worse when they were smaller and I had to dress them. Oohhhh I hate it! More than DRIVING in the snow, i swear. .. .Hey. good day to get some packing done for warm wonderful FLORIDA!! (almost there!!!)

Chris, good workout! I was wondering if you were going to do the killer double upper body premix. I don't know if I've ever done it the way you did -- I should!!

Good you can stay in, Kathy! Snuggle down with a good book or movie maybe?

Chris, I hope all goes well at work tonight and that you're fine driving home! I know, Sunday is worse -- it's got to be so hard.

My toniques are in today's mail, so that's what'll be on tap for tomorrow. Oh, speaking of tomorrow and super bowl..... we had a friend and her daughter over for dinner last night because her husband is.... at the super bowl! Turns out a friend of theirs' brother died in October, and he (the brother who died) was apparently a HUGE Saints fan, so as soon as they heard the Saints were in, our friend called and said "we have to go." So, they managed to figure it all out. Bittersweet, I guess.

Oh, and sometime, if you want.... I will type in those tips from the meeting at school the other night (parenting stuff). I'll do it because it'll help me remember them better, and then you guys benefit, too, if you're interested.... (that word "bittersweet" reminded me of it because she used it for one example).

Ok, we are off to the crab fest soon. Did I tell you? The guy makes some spicy schzwan (SP?!) crab dish -- huge quantities (everyone brings their own crab and a dish to share). It's crazy messy! You feel like you need a shower once you're done.

HI ladies...

Ok, the snow is everyone as I am sure you have heard on the news and everything! we got close to 30" and they say Tuesday night more snow is coming. UGH!!! I don't think the roads are clear enough for church today. So, we may not head out. We are still praying that things will be good for Tuesday morning and our flight to Florida. It will be so nice to get away from snow for a week!

Feeling some DOMS. But, they are manageable and since I will be going on Tuesday I decided to skip today's rest day. So, today I am doing Maximum Intensity Cardio and tomorrow I am going to do Muscle Max. Then I will have a recovery type week. I probably will just get my exercise in the form of walking around Disney....

Chris: Yes, the kids love the snow and I also hate the mess when they come back in creating all the extra laundry. Although after coming in yesterday they declared that it was too cold and too much snow. So, I don't think they will do much snow play today..I so hate to drive in the snow so I don't do it...Luckily, we usually don't get that much. My friends know I don't like to drive or get out in it..

Beth: Hope you had fun at the Crab Fest..When we lived in Florida, the town near us used to (they still may have it) have a seafood festive. We went a few times. But, I am not a fan of any seafood (hate it). They also had crafts and other food too. I did enjoy some reading and a movie yesterday. I also did some laundry and got some packing done for the trip. That is a good thing that came out of being housebound. More of the same today too...

ok, time to get some things done around here and prepare for my workout. Eating wasn't too good yesterday. Bad stuff was calling me!!!

I cannot believe this! Our internet is so hit and miss and I just typed in a big paragraph and it disappeared! Ug! Anyway....

Kathy, we have heard about all of your snow -- yikes!!! And I guess Hottie's probably getting crazy rain -- I've heard about bad mudslides down that way.
I hope it's ok for you to leave on Tuesday!! Sounds like a good plan on the rest day -- I may do that this week, though skiing doesn't really count as recovery somehow.....

I keep having things disappear, so I'm going to keep this very short.....

OMG -- that tonique workout! My hrm said I burned 616 calories!! The funny thing was, I wasn't sure I'd be feeling doms, but since then whenever I have to squat down or anything.... whooo, I'm going to have doms I think. Even though you hold light weights my upper body didn't feel worked at all -- I have heard people complain about their arms getting sore, but not for me. I wore my four pound pair (two each) of gloves and I think I'm sorry I did because they got really sweaty!

Larry brought me a new keyboard in the middle of this so things won't disappear so much -- that boy takes good care of me! But.... now I have to go help him cook breakfast!

I hope everyone is having a nice day......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.