February 10 Check in Wednesday 3rd*****

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

We got about 3 inches more of snow last night. So, everything is covered again with snow. I just got a nice pathway cleared off the deck to take the dog outside from Saturday's snow. Now, I gotta do it again. The kids were suppose to have PE class today. But, I bet that it will be cancelled due to the weather.

OK, my workout for today is going to be Kickmax...

Be back later...

GM Kathy!

Hey to everyone!

We got about an inch of snow last night. But it still has to be cleared, so I did about 3/4's of the driveway and our front and back side walk, and I'm pooped! I had so much energy when I got up this morning too!! LOL!

And I'm going to have to find it again, since it's a double workout today! :eek: First Cardio Core Circuit and then PUB, up until the stability ball. :eek::eek: Think I can do it? I'm not so excited about CCC, I didn't like doing it the first time 'as is', but maybe I'll like it better this time around.

Have fun with KM, Kathy! Enjoy those leg drills!

I definitely have some nice DOMS in my buttocks this morning , I thought I'd feel more in my quads, since they were on fire yesterday with B&G Leg Blast, but not really. It's all in my butt! :eek:

Good morning ladies in white (snow)!! Wow, that shoveling is a workout in itself, isn't it? Good workouts! Chris, if it's not too late, what if you did the cardio portion of CCC, the PUB part you're supposed to do, and then the core section of CCC????

My alarm went off and I felt so tired still -- after sleeping a bunch yesterday and last night. My head hurt, my throat hurt, but I told myself I might feel better if I get up and work out. I thought about what Kathy said -- maybe I've been working out too hard, and decided to have a lighter day, so I did the new Ellen I have -- Skinny Sculpt. Nice workout and it fit the bill for a lighter day. I then.... get this.... had my shower and went back to bed and fell asleep!!! So, I'm going to try to keep it low key again today.

Another sad sad story here.... a couple of days ago an SUV (with a 58 year old man driving, so it wasn't like it was young testosterone at work) tried going around traffic and ended up killing a bicyclist and rolling over. The SUV driver had injuries, but it alive and now facing manslaughter charges. Here's the incredibly sad part.... the biker had a 7 year old daughter he had just dropped off at school -- he's been raising her alone since she was one month old. I am so sad. Larry actually suggested we see about adopting her, but I think that's crazy -- she needs people she knows. I sure hope he had that spelled out in a will. Ug.

Ok, sorry to be a downer..... let's all be thankful for what we've got, even if not perfect, and love our loved ones!!

Hi ladies!!

Kathy, enjoy KM!!

Chris, OMG - that leg blast premix was killer!! I was going to ask you if you could walk today. I was about 15 minutes into it - dying. I looked at the timer thinking it must be almost over - NO - 30 more minutes!! I finished it all, though. I did take some extra breaks. Are you going to do Core Cardio as is today, or do the cardio first and then the core? Didn't you do it like that last time? I'll be anxiously awaiting your report after doing CCC and PUB! I'm glad to hear we can stop before the ball stuff. I'm seriously doubting I can get through both of those tomorrow.

Waves to Beth and Hottie!

ETA: Oh, Beth, I just read your post. How incredibly sad. I hope the girl has some other family. How kind of Larry to want to adopt her. It's crazy how life can just change so drastically and tragically in seconds. Did you know the family?

Joanne

Last edited:
I'm alive!!!

I made it through. Holy crap, that was long, 90 minutes!!! (92 minutes w/ a tiny rest in between). By the end my stomach was SOOOO hungry. it was definitely harder to do the weights AFTER that cardio. I didn't push to do heavier, like I would if I did PUB by itself. I slacked off a little, but still burned. ..... I did the CCC as is. Actually, it WAS better this time. I think, because I've done the core work twice, and got to concentrate better on JUST the core last time, I knew the moves better and didn't stand there with my chin on the floor watching :eek: . It was nicer to have the little breaks in between the cardios, where doing it with JUST the blasts last time , there were no real breaks.

Beth: Glad you felt a tiny bit better to do a workout, but it's obvious your body is telling you to rest rest rest! .. That is a super sad story. It is crazy how other's lives can be so very sad and tragic. It does make me grateful to have my sarcastic back-mouthing 14 yr old when I hear stories like these. There was a very sad story here this past week or so. A homeless mom with a 3 yr old and a 6 week old baby was staying at a hotel in this homeless program type of deal provided by the state. Apparently, she went to the next door hotel room (sadly with a room full of gang members) and left her 2 kids "sleeping". When she finally went back around 3:30a, she found the baby , naked, covered in cold water, next to the air conditioner, BLASTING cold air, and dead, with blunt head trama. She insisted someone broke into the room and did it. But they found out, the 3 yr old brother did it. So tragic , those kids should not have been left alone :(. that poor little 3 yr old boy, breaks my heart to wonder what was going through his mind. His baby brother must have been screaming/crying and he didnt' know what to do with him.

Yes, not such happy notes!

But that is so sweet that Larry would want to adopt that little girl, Beth! VERY sweet!!! I hope she has some kind of nice family around?

Joanne: LOL! I didn't want to talk about how HARD the B&G premix was yesterday! I didn't want to scare you!!! It killed me too! I swore at cathe when she kept coming back with those one legged lunges off the step. I HATE those things!!! The lunges were obnoxious too! My quads were ON FIRE! were yours? My legs are sore, but not horribly. I can sit down and pee ok!... Maybe you could do just the up pyramid tomorrow? it would go faster for sure. It's LONG!

*waves* to Hottie!!

Better go get some errands run and laundry load started. why does it never end???

Wow on the leg blast premix..... I'm sure I've done that one at some point, but I can't remember it (blocking out the pain, I'm sure). Chris, what a workout you had!!! And after shoveling?! Wow, my arms were so sore for days after pub -- probably good you went lighter.

We did not know the family of that little girl.... we both saw remnants of the accident, I saw it hours and hours after it happened -- they still had the off-ramp to that road closed, and I wondered what was going on (I didn't know at that point). I'm sure it was because it was a fatality and they were investigating to see if they should press charges. All we know is that there are grandparents in the picture -- hopefully they know each other well and can raise her. I'm sure that's the last I'll hear of it, but it'll forever haunt me.

Wow, Chris, that is an incredibly sad story -- I'm sure it's like you said... the three year old didn't know what to do about the crying baby. That is just awful!!

Ok, onto much more shallow topics..... Joanne, I'm getting very weak about Tonique (how's that for a rhyme?). I opened a thread yesterday that was titled something about BBL on crack, and I thought it was going to be about BBL, but it was about Tonique!!! Arrrrrg! I had been avoiding it. Anyway, they claim it's a cross between Insanity and BBL. I'm very tempted now....

Beth, I saw that thread, too! I need to stay away from VF. You can be the guinea pig and let me know how it is! ;) It may just be one of those workouts that is great, but just so hard that I'll dread doing it again and it will sit there unused. I'm holding off on buying anything until we get back from New Orleans, so you have plenty of time to buy it and let me know how it is! ;) That's good that there are grandparents in the picture for the girl. Hopefully they are able to care for her.

Chris, OMG, what a tragic story! Wow. That is going to haunt that three year old for the rest of his life. Hate to say it, but that mother probably shouldn't have custody of the child. Anyway.....I think I'm glad you didn't warn me about the leg blast premix!! I was actually thinking of only doing the up part of PUB tomorrow. I'll have to get up extra early to get in 90 minutes. It takes me a good 15 minutes or so to actually start working out after I get up. We'll see what time I crawl out of bed and how I feel after Core Cardio Circuit.

Back to work (or maybe lunch!)....

Joanne

I have to comment, I looked at the clips of Tonique and I could NEVER do that workout! that girls voice made me gag! It seriously got on my nerves just listening to the clip.

It's good that that poor girl has grandparents. I hope they're nice :(. Oh, they ended up taking the 3 yr old boy away from the mother the same night the baby died. They didn't go into specifics, but she was in a hotel room with a bunch of gang members, just imagine what she may have been doing!?. I'd hope that little boy would not remember killing his baby brother, but I'm sure suddenly losing the only family he's ever known all at once has got to be a big impact on him.

Off to grab some chow!

hey guys -- sorry for no check back yesterday. I ended up not doing anything -- just too exhausted from the trip. this morning I did step moves and I still needed breaks. I'm convinced it was an adrenaline rush for being at Cathe's gym that kept me through that workout. Either way though, good work out and I feel better for having done it.

Kathy -- oh it snowed one day when I was back in NJ but it was almost all powder so it was easy to deal with. But I didn't really have any boots so my feet kept on getting soaked. KM is a good one -- I don't think I've ever really done that challenge though at the end...

Chris -- eek! CCC! I told Cathe to her face that she was evil for making that one. She laughed maniacally. I am thinking about investing in a Bosu and using that instead of a mat for the core work. It really hurts me being on a mat in my gym room and especially popping up as much as she does. I have a weird butt...it just doesn't let me lie down straight without a problem. I was hoping that the Bosu may keep me elevated so I didn't have to worry about it hitting the floor funny. That story is tragic -- puts your own problems in perspective as well.

Beth -- that story is awful. My oldest friend's sister had accidentally killed two seniors but they were speeding and didn't have their seatbelts on so she wasn't charged with manslaughter...but she lost her license and the deaths really weighed on her...still does I think. So you're still sick? I hope you feel better.

Joanne -- really? Beth is going to be the first to buy it? Not you? ;) I'm so putting my money on Joanne! Ah...Cathe legs. if there was anything I was really proud of was attempting to do every single leg work out of STS. but now that I've had a break I'm not sure if I muster up the balls to try a Cathe leg workout again!!

Oh...and I just wanted to say -- thanks for being around, guys. It really helps me in my darker moments to know some people are thinking good thoughts for me. Truly. thanks again.

Super quick check in here..... we're only home because I forgot my phone and needed it to know if Larry will be coming to the bball game.... we were supposed to go straight from school there (honestly, not because there's not time to go home, but because once we're here it's really hard to extract us, so usually we go do errands). Anyway, just had to pop in and say that Chris, her voice may be bad, but apparently it gets worse in the things she says -- thing like "delicious" and "won't your partner like what this does for you?" Oh brother! I'm hoping I can turn the sound off and play my own music because.... drum roll..... Hottie, you're wrong, I beat Joanne to the punch (she ordered me to, afterall). Ug, yes, I caved.... I'll let you know how they are.....

gotta run.... we're going to get our little butts kicked today, I'm sure.....

Hey guys..

I'm pooped!

Hottie: I bet the jet lag has you not your cardio self. But it's always good to be challenged anyways!!! ... OMG, you are too funny telling Cathe she's evil!! And that she enjoyed being CALLED evil is even funnier!! I actually think 40/20 is a TEENY bit more evil than CCC. It is extremely hard to pop up off the mat though. Good idea on the bosu. Too bad you couldn't do something with a stability ball, but it's too unstable. Bosu's are expensive!

Beth: Noooooo ! She does NOT say those things in that voice! *shudder*. You are sooo funny! I love how you felt inclined to be the guineau pig on Tonique!!!

Time for jammies! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.