February 10 Check in Thursday 4th********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies....

Feeling DOMS today in my outer thighs mainly..I knew I would after those leg conditioning drills in Kickmax...They are a good sore..Makes me feel like I had a great workout..Today I am doing Slow & Heavy Legs & shoulders....

Ok, gotta get the kids out of bed. Talk to you later...

Good Morning!!
1.gif

It is bright and sunny here today, though a bit cold. The sun makes me happy though. I think we are going to miss the brunt of a big snow storm this weekend, PRAYING we will , anyways. Are you supposed to get another storm, Kathy?... You're a crazy girl doing S&H LEGS after Kickmax!!! Good luck! My legs still have DOMS from B&G Blast premix the other day. And tomorrow is supposed to by plyo legs! :eek: This rotation is challenging for sure!

Today is a scheduled rest day, but since there's no way I could work out on Sunday, I'm going to skip it and continue along. So it's IMAX 2, Blast Mania premix! It's *only* 41 minutes, I can do it, right? ACK! My chest and shoulders have some pretty good DOMS from PUB yesterday. Not so much the bi's and tri's .

Hubby is home today. Not sure what we will do. If anything. Probably just hang! :rolleyes:

Chris: Yes, we are suppose to get another snow storm here starting tomorrow afternoon. They say we are going to get about a foot or more of snow. I know I probably won't be able to move tomorrow after doing today's workout. But, I am going to brave it and endure. While on vacation, I will be able to recooperate and recover....Enjoy Imax 2..Love that one!!

Good morning, girls! Lower body-intensive, you guys!! :) Sounds like that rotation is a goodie, Chris.

Kathy, is everyone at your house going to be healthy for vacation? I hope so! I'm feeling quite a bit better today, although I hardly slept last night!! :mad: It's going to hit me later, I'm sure....... I did get up and do an easy workout: another Ellen -- Fat Burning Fusion -- I really like that one! It's mostly cardio with some dumbbell-free toning fused in. I tell you, when I'm too old to do Cathe, I'll be doing Ellen, because it's a pretty good workout with no stress on the body!

Yesterday ended up being crazy. The team we were playing was undefeated, so we just knew it was going to be ugly. Well, we were ahead for a good portion of the game! Those boys played so well! Even in the last five minutes we were still down just a couple of baskets, so we could have done it, but alas, it didn't happen. Still, I hope they were all very proud of themselves!! After the game I did some errands since I was in town, and then back to school for a "children's transitions" meeting at school. It was a good meeting. I thought it was going to be more specifically about transitioning kids from 5th to middle and 8th to high school, but it was really just about transitions in general with concrete ideas about how to get your kids talking about what's going on with them. It was done by some local therapist, and there were maybe 30ish people there, and she offered us all a free 45 minute consultation with her. This has got to be good for her business, I would hope, but man, that's a lot of unpaid time.....

Got home and it was time for everyone to get to bed, and that took forever, so I was keyed up -- probably why I didn't sleep well. Oh well.

Today is the last bball game -- it's rescheduled from when we had the awful storm. Since we have piano lessons, I told Travis he could pick which to go to. It was looking like he wanted to actually go to piano lessons, but because they did so well yesterday, he changed his mind. Going to be an interesting afternoon, because I still have to get Dylan to piano.

I never went back and read the thread yesterday to see if anyone else chimed in.... maybe I'll do that now...... have a great day! Enjoy the sun!

Beth, good job by Travis' team!! Aren't those games exciting? Ian is actually on a winning team this year. Everyone thought they wouldn't do so well, but they are undefeated so far. We have a game tonight at 8:00. I hate that it's so late, though. Thanks for being the guinea pig on Tonique!! I don't think I had to twist your arm too much. ;) That presentation sounded great. I would love to learn how to get the kids to open up more. It's weird how when they are babies/toddlers you know everything they do/think, etc. Now it's like a big mystery sometimes!! Sometimes I think about what I'll do when I'm too old for Cathe, too! That's why I hold on to all my other workouts, even if they seem a bit easy.

Hottie, I actually brought out my bosu for CCC this morning. But I was afraid to use it. I'm so uncoordinated I was afraid I'd miss it on the way down on some of those moves and really hurt myself!

Kathy, yikes - a foot of snow! Do your kids ever complain they don't get snow days?? ;) Your legs are going to be good and worked after KM and S&H.

Chris, I did CCC and PUB today. Wasn't as tough as I thought. I'll never get some of those core moves, though. PUB I only did the up part for chest and back, but did all of it for the rest. You'll have to let me know how the Imax2 blast premix is? Is it all of them just once? It seems too long to only do them once. Have fun with the hubby. Maybe he can do Imax2 with you! :)

Ta ta for now....

Joanne

Beth: We are praying that everyone is healthy for the trip. Vic went to the dr yesterday because he couldn't stand coughing anymore. He told him he sounded ok but was on the fringe of bronchitis. So, he got meds and started yesterday...Glad to hear that you are better. I didn't sleep as good as usual. Vic was coughing some and snoring...Usually it doesn't bother me as I sleep heavy. But, if something wakes me up, then the snoring will bother me for a while...I feel rested enough though. so, I guess it is ok..Sounds like a great time at the ball game yesterday. Good luck getting everywhere today..

Joanne: No, they don't seem to notice when they have to keep doing lessons. Of course, they don't argue when I give them a day off. They just know that some snow is not going to get them out of lessons. They don't have a choice. The only time they whine about having school lessons is when it is a holiday and they know the schools are closed for it. But, I always tell them that if we do it today we are done sooner in the spring/summer time frame. I don't give them options in other words..

ok, off to do s&H legs and shoulders....

Hey again...

I finished IM2- Blast Mania Premix. I'd never done that premix before. I THINK the only premixes I've done either #'s1-5 or #'s6-10. It was different! .. It includes the warm-up, and then the FIRST step combo. And then all 10 blasts with the "rest" moves in the middle (side to sides, grapevines, etc) . I think the Shock Cardio must be doing something to me, because the intervals from IM2 didn't feel so bad. Even the "Plyo Jack/2 Air Jacks/7 long hops down the step" interval. I was like, "that's all for the plyo and air jacks?". Not that i wasn't out of breath, but I COULD have done it longer. I added on the Extended Stretch from STS. That felt GREAT!!!

Kathy: Do you guys generally get this much snow? You're actually getting more than US this year. we usually get hammered, but it's been nice NOT to for a change. I better not say that too loud, the snow gods will dump the next storm on us!

Beth:
That sounds like a GREAT b-ball game last night! I do hope the kids realized they did good too. Sounds like a busy evening for you tonight too. Sounds like an interesting workout today. I think it's good to mix up the intensities of the workouts. I'm a little leary about doing CCC and today IM2 Blast Mania and tomorrow Plyo Legs. that's a LOT of high impact stuff in a row. My hips are sore already.

Joanne: Yeah, the CCC wasn't too bad this time for me either. Not that it was EASY, just not so hard as I remembered from the first time. You ended up doing just about all of the workout, good for you!!! ... OMg, my DH do IM2? His workout is replacing our rusted bathroom heating vents and working on the taxes. This is the first year we (he) are goign to try to do them by ourselves. We got TurboTax , instead of paying an accountant $125 . Save a few bucks! :)

Chris: This is alot of snow for us. The storm we got last month where we got around 18" was more then we normally get all winter...I am ready for the snow to be gone!! Great workout..I don't think I have ever done the premixes on Imax 2. I normally do the whole workout. I will have to give it a try though. Sounded like a good one..I use Turbo Tax every year. I love it.

Chris, that is very cool about the blasts not winding you so much!! Makes me want to do more shock cardio. Actually, I was thinking about the RT coming up at the end of March, and that I'd better get my butt in gear and do more cathe cardio -- especially the step so I know her moves!

I have news for you all!! Check the new tonique dvd clips on Mary's site -- they are not voiceover, so it's her own voice, which is different than in the first dvd. She's got a pretty thick accent, but at least there probably won't be any "sexy" talk, we can hope!! I don't really like the set, but oh well. Yeah, my arm is still hurting from the twisting Joanne did!!!

Forgot to tell you guys..... right as my head hit the pillow last night, Larry says to me, "...so.... the kids want us to adopt another kid." Ugggg! I'm trying to go to sleep! "well, that's our decision, not the kids!" but he keeps going on about it, so obviously his decision is well formed. I told him that it was not the time to be talking about it!!

Kathy, I hope you all stay heathly (and Vic gets healthy!) for your trip. We seem to be jinxed. Just about every trip we've taken someone has been/gotten sick. We've had ear infections (Colin in Michigan last year - his only one ever that I can remember), Ian had strep throat when we went to the Smoky Mountains a couple years ago, Caitlyn's had fevers. Always seems to happen the day we get there! I hope you have much better luck!!

Chris, the blast premix sounds good! I'm looking forward to a shorter workout tomorrow! I'm kind of bummed cause I'll have to take a few days off next week after my eye procedure and I'll fall behind in the rotation. I've used Turbo Tax for years. Love it!! I do it all - I handle all the money stuff. It's very easy to use.

Beth, which Tonique(s) did you get? The old one or the new ones or both?? I saw those clips. That set is quite interesting. ;) I'm wondering how it might look on a big TV - probably kind of obnoxious! I'll make a deal with you - if you don't like them - I'll buy them from you or trade with you since I feel responsible for you getting them!! Awww - how sweet that Larry wants to adopt a child. Is it something you'd seriously consider? From the U.S. or somewhere else? Nice that your kids want to - mine would be like, no, we already have too many of us!! ;)

Joanne, remember, I'm a nut.... I got them all. You're right -- they'll probably be really scary on a big screen.... may have to do those in the alternate room with smaller tv!!

The adoption talk is pretty crazy, if you ask me. It's pretty much out of the blue, so I don't give it much chance of happening. Honestly, I don't think I could handle another one! I think Larry's heart is still breaking over that poor little girl.

Oh Chris, I keep meaning to ask you (maybe again, sorry!) when do you go to Washington DC? Our school is going April 17 - 22 or something like that. I guess this is the only year you will go with your kids, but I was thinking how fun it would be if it were coincidentally the same week as my school when my boys are older. Pipe dream, I guess....

Crap! I typed out a whole replly and hit that surpise button that makes it all disappear! Gotta go get the boys ready for PJ time too.

The gist of it: I watched the new Tonique clip and not sure which accent I hated the most! She sounds like she's ready to cry/sob in the one with no voice over! EEK!. ... Beth , sadly enough, we're going to DC in June. :((((((. That would have been WAY too cool to be there the same time.

Joanne: I'd skip 40/20 next week! :p Almost wish I was having my eye done ;)

Gotta run...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.