February 10 Check in Monday 8th*******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today I am going to do Muscle Max. As you all know, tomorrow we are heading to Disney for the week. We aren't bringing the laptop. So, I probably won't be able to check in with you all. Can't wait to head out and away from the snowy cold weather. The weathermen are telling us that tomorrow evening we are going to get about 5 or so more inches of snow. UGH!!! Enough already!!

ok, time to get the day started...Talk to you all later...

Good morning and happy Monday! Kathy, so sorry you are getting dumped on! That time in Florida is going to be great! I hope you have a wonderful time and that it's a smooth drive and all. We'll miss you!

I did BBL Sculpt for the first time this morning -- it's the only total body workout in the set, and it was pretty good. I've seen people rave about it -- I wouldn't rave....

I don't even know who won the superbowl yet -- how crazy is that?! I'm feeling like we sort of wasted yesterday -- it was a good day, but Travis had some school work he should have been working on, and I just couldn't get him to. We started watching the movie "Gifted Hands", which it's been suggested he watch and critique for this extra project he's doing, but it got just slightly creepy and he couldn't watch it. I finished it to see if he could really handle it (since a teacher recommended it!). It's a little much for a ten year old (surgery scenes), but it was a good movie, I thought -- quite a story!

Back to the grind..... have a good one!

Hi ladies!!

Kathy, that snow is just crazy! I hope you can get out to the airport and out of there tomorrow! But I bet you'll appreciate Florida all the much more!

Beth, I saw that you tried Tonique! Which one did you do? Did you like it?

Hey Chris, hope your work weekend went as smoothly as possible!

Relatively quiet weekend here. We had three soccer games Saturday. Jameson scored a goal in one, so he was happy. We went to my SILs for the Superbowl yesterday. Very low key. I was very happy to see the Saints win! Always root for the underdog! And, I'm sure it's good for New Orleans after all they've been through.

I decided to cancel my eye procedure and try to reschedule for next week instead. We were going to have my MIL pick up the kids from school, but she did something to her ankle and was hobbling around yesterday.

I took my rest day Saturday. Sunday I did Plyo Legs and the BM2 upper body. Chris, that does get in there good for such a short workout. Today I did MMA Boxing.

Gotta go do some work stuff...

Joanne

Hi Joanne! Probably good to reschedule the procedure..... but does that mean more time feeling anxious about it? :(

Yes, I tried tonique, and since I'm never sure how much you're able to see on the weekend, and I knew you'd want to know, I didn't say a lot. I ended up doing the first one, the one with the voiceover. Lots of squats, lots of lunges, and then floor work. That's it -- that's the hour long workout! Because of the repetition and the repetitive music, it was sort of zen-like for me. I used to swim competitively and it sort of reminded me of all that back and forth in the pool where your mind sort of wanders. That's ok as long as one's form is good, but if you can't do the form automatically, probably not so good. Anyway, with that voiceover.... the way my mind kept wandering was this.... I kept imagining the woman doing the voiceover in some recording studio box, and first I pictured she was fat saying "I'm right there with you" or whatever it was she said. Then I imagined she was eating bon bons in between what she said. It just got worse from there!!! :eek: But, I did like the workout -- I feel like maybe it could do good things for my lower body, and it was a heck of a cardio workout! My heart rate was up there high the whole time -- 616 calories burned, according to the hrm!!! Today I do not have doms, really, not those deep doms you can get from Cathe, but my legs still feel sort of wobbly/shaky you know what I mean?

Chris! Where are you?! Hope all's well!

Waves to Hottie if you're watching.... thinking about you. You should get P57 today, I'd think. I sent it to Hottie to try before the RT.

Hey Girls!

I do love that it's Monday! Work itself wasn't too bad. I kind of wrestled with a headache on Sunday, but was able to avoid it and not let it get worse. I had some sad sad patients though. One 82 yr old lady who had esophageal cancer , and she was getting radiation for it. Suddenly couldn't swallow, ANYTHING. They tried to put a feeding tube in, and found her stomach FULL of tumors. So there was nothing they could do for her. She was going home with hospice. How freakin sad and scary is that? She was such a sweet lady. .... Sunday morning our overnight sitter (the older lady/aka busybody who subbed in for Jes who had the miscarriage) was supposed to come back at 9a to watch the kids. She called and said she didn't feel good and wasn't coming back. This is after I prepaid her on Saturday, because she lost a bunch of money on lottery tickets (her addiction). I was quite annoyed. Greg stayed up and just dozed off and on on the couch while "watching" the boys. It ended up being ok, but I was so pissed. And in my anger, called her and left a message on her machine telling her I wanted her to return the money. She in turn called back (and talked to Greg), and was very snotty and bitchy about it. We'll see if she ever comes back...

That was a long winded story! Sorry!

I'm so glad it's Monday though! It's going to be a busy-ish week here too. And we're supposed to get around 6 inches of snow on Wednesday! I'm happy it's during the week anyways, and Greg is off too. The boys will love it, they'll probably get a snow day.

Kathy: Did your area have school today or is it still shut down? Sounds like you'll just make it to FLA between snow storms!!! YAY!!! We will miss you! You did some crazy workouts this weekend (MIC?? YIKES!) I bet you'll do a ton of walking there too. Have fun and give Mickey a kiss for me!

Beth: Good BBL workout today! .. The Tonique workout sounds very strange..LOL> But I guess I kind of figured it would with the english voice over.

Joanne: Hey! You're caught up on the workouts. YES, that BM2 upper body weights really gets ya when you're thinking it's not going to be hard. I did end up with DOMS mostly just in my triceps. I was happy to see the Saints win too! New England/Boston teams have been the 'underdog' status for many years, so I tend to route for them too! Plus the whole Katrina thing!

Hey Hottie! Oh you'll get some good burn out of P57 if you try it!! You'll have to let us know what you think! Miss ya, hope you're doing ok!

I'm off to do MMA Boxing workout! It's nice that it's < 1 hour, I like that !

Hi guys! So, did any of you watch the superbowl? That onside kick starting the second half changed the whole game. Only Sean Peyton (strategic thinker -- my kinda guy)! I'm really happy the saints won (and who would have ever thought that anyone would score above 30 points between these two teams!). Sorta felt bad for Manning but not too bad...he's already heralded as the best quarterback ever (with the funniest commercials ever) and already has a ring.

I've really been having a hard set of days. Also my IBS was killing me for the last couple days as well. I won't go into too much detail but lets just say...if you guys were my moms and you saw what was coming out of me and how, you'd all be worried. But I was losing a ton of weight! And then finally I got the pink stuff because nothing else was working. It stopped the pain and the toilet issues but now I've ballooned back up! Damnit, I'll take the diarrhea! (sorry TMI!)

So, my workouts have been on and off because my body has been on and off. I've focused on cardio. I did AS yesterday and I did HIS this morning because I wanted something I knew I could do without breaks...it's funny -- you get what you put in. I had little energy and couldn't get it to move so I lowered the intensity of the workout. HR was up but not screaming. I then did tack on the AS completed combo and then my HR shot up. I don't know what happens when my HR hits over 170 but it must open some endorphin rush because I always feel better once I get over it for a minute or two. I've been ignoring my resistance training...I might do travel fit tonight again (love that workout) or something light to just put some work in the muscles. My arms have finally gotten smaller which is nice but I wouldn't mind beefing up the bi's, tri's, and shoulders.

Kathy -- DISNEY!!! Oh, I hope you guys have tons of fun away from the snow. My mom was complaining about 28 inches -- you must have gotten more. Muscle Max -- love that one!

Beth -- do you think Travis could handle the Hot Zone? I read the book when I was a little older than he was (like 10-11?). It's a decent book for non scientists/biologists to get a sense of the what the virology world is like. And there are a little pictures so it's not that bad so you don't get grossed out. did you break your butt yet in bbl? Oh and I forgot to mention a while back -- I didn't actually shlep all the dvds -- I just popped out the covers when I asked cathe to sign them. Takes up less space than my papers. But I forgot the terminator one! So now I have something for the RT (and STS I suppose).

Joanne -- how awesome is your NO trip going to be now?!? I was chuckling about how crazy it would be to go to Mardi Gras now...I even thought about hopping a plan to join in on the fun (don't worry -- I may be under 30 but I have the caprice of a 60 year old). I really like MMA Boxing combos and those drills...sorta nicer for lighter days. Do you guys do the heavy bag bonus?

Hmm...my tummy is telling me to eat and I'm failing to tell it to shut up...

Dang chris about the sitter! I totally would have made you look like an angel if I were around because I would have been way bitchier about it. But um...how can NE be rooting for the underdogs when they have Tom Brady and the Pats for how many years?!!? (Oh...btw, I'm a Giants fan ::evil smile::)

YOU are not, Hottie,

My evening was crazy busy! And irritating! And I'm off to bed, but didn't want you to think that craziness. So

I'M THE THREAD KILLER

:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.