Feb. 09 check in 2/26/09 Thursday

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!!

Getting our thread started....

My workout today is Imax 3 and the medicine ball abs...

Be back later .....

Goodmorning Kathy and all who follow.

Sorry I wasn't active yesterday. I had so much going on yesterday. I sold so many dvds that I reached $175 worth of sold DVDs!! I'm so happy because now I just need less then $100 ($65) to pay for the STS! YAY!

Kathy: Have fun with IM3 :)

Vilma: I'm sorry about your kitty. It's a good thing you took him to the vet. I hope you gets well soon. I know how you feel about getting attached to the pets. I always get attach and when something happens it makes me really sad too. Let us know how he's doing today :)

Well, I'm off to work. I did 1RM's yesterday and I'm sore today! I hope I get STS in the mail today, Urgh!! I hate this waiting feeling because I'm so anxious to get it already!!!

2.gif

Hey Girls!

Kathy, I'm with ya on IMAX 3 and Medicine Ball Abs today...going to head downstairs after this. How's your back and triceps today? I have some mild DOMS in my upper back and triceps, not horrible though.

Ivy: That's AWESOME that you sold all those DVDs!!! And I bet STS shows up today!!! Did you get Abs Circuit with it or no?

A little more procrastinating, and then I'm off to jump like a jumping bean!!

3.gif

Good morning girls! This morning I feel like "OSIT"! I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night because we all took Larry to the ER. He thought he had some metal embedded in his eyelid after being out in the workshop and doing some stuff. I felt so bad dragging the boys out at bedtime, but that's the downside of living in the boonies. The dr. didn't find anything in Larry's eye, but it still felt bad when he went to bed. He may have just scratched it. I'm hoping he doesn't wake up and find it worse! It's going to be a long, tired day for all of us, I'm afraid, and poor Travis has some national testing. Oh well!

Hope the IMAX 3er's had fun with that! Ivy, that is amazing you sold so many dvds so quickly! Maybe I should go through my collection! Is it easy to sell through amazon?

I did STS legs this morning. Did I miss discussion of Cathe opening with "welcome to your first workout of mesocycle 1?" Oops, I guess they decided to flip things around. I went really light on weights -- I liked this workout with so many things just calling for body weight. My left cheek survived -- I'm not sure what I'll have in the way of DOMs, but my legs feel a little jelloey. I previewed the disc quickly yesterday, and later in the day I was thinking "wait, what about that bonus work?" because I hadn't seen any bonus on the menu. I was shocked when she said we were at the end of the workout -- I knew there was more -- it was the bonus work! That was a good little add-on, but I wish they had chaptered it so you could go directly to the bonus work on non-leg days. I don't know if I would ever do it, but I might! Still, I'm definitely loving STS and happy I jumped back on the bandwagon.

Ok, off for a crazy day.... piano lessons, back and forth driving, etc., you know the drill...... :cool:

-Beth

Hi ladies!

From yesterday...

Vilma, so sorry to hear about your kitty. But you did the right thing bringing him in. I know, those vet bills are insane! I hope he gets better quickly. I know what you mean about losing pets or seeing them suffer. Our dog is only four and the kids are so attached to her (me and DH too) that I just dread the day when you know what happens. They really do become family members. Sorry you are sick again. Ugh!! Tell you hubby to keep those germs away from you!

Chris, thanks for sharing your story. Well, my "issue" has actually been going on for almost two years. The doc has just been monitoring it. Yesterday I went in expecting a regular pap and the nurse says, well, he wants to do a colposcopy. So, he did that (not fun, but not too bad) and will be doing a biopsy. It takes two weeks for the results. If it comes back not good he'll maybe do something called a LEEP. I'm not really too worried, well, a little, but I like this doctor and trust he's doing the right thing. I hope! ;)

Beth, oh, what a horrible night! Your poor boys (and you, too!). Hope Larry's eye feels better. Our kids have state testing next week.

Kathy (and Chris), enjoy Imax3!!

Ivy, great on selling those DVDs!!

I'm sore all over!! In my arms from the 1RMs and I'm stilling feeling my legs from the Results workout earlier this week. I only did the Guts section from Butts and Guts this morning. I may do an itread or CC during my lunch.

BBL...

Joanne

Hey, speaking of itread/cc, I found a free download of a 45 minute similar thing. It's at cardiopump.com. I didn't do the workout yet, but played it while I did dishes, etc. last night so I could hear the music -- definitely a different feel than cardio coach, but it could be fun for a change -- and, you can't beat the price! Vilma, I'm close to ordering her kettlebell dvd, even though I swore I'd never order another. I sent her a message asking her more about it -- if it's for beginners or instructional, and she said it's not -- she specifically saw that the next level was lacking in dvds, she thought, so she set out to make a tougher one. Again, the price is a lot better than a lot of kbell dvds, so I may give it a go. I sent her one followup message to make sure it's heavily cardio rather than strength and if she confirms that, she's sold one.

Joanne, our 4th graders have so much testing this year! We have the state testing coming up in a couple of weeks, I think it is, but today they are taking something that I think is NAEP (don't ask me what it stands for!). It's some national test that is given, and it's completely anonymous in that they don't keep track of what kid got what score, it's just a way to compare how students are doing at a national level (since the state tests are not comparable because they are not coordinated). Apparently this is done by the fed. gov. and the teachers are not even allowed in the room while it's occurring, and if any kid is late they are locked out of the room for the duration!!! But, the bonus for our school is that they are paying us $10,000 for doing it, and being the money grubbers we are, we put those kids to work! :D I think they have some other testing besides the state tests, too, but I can't remember. It's a little crazy! They've only had one field trip this year, and I think that's going to be all they get (as opposed to the first graders who seem to go somewhere every other week!).

I forgot to tell you guys -- I definitely have DOMs in my upper back today -- haven't felt the triceps which really surprises me since I was failing on some of them. Where failing means poor form toward the end......

Ok, I gotta work......

-Beth

Hey again! I made it!

WOW..IMAX 3... is freakin NUTS! I have to say, though, I do love the jumping intervals at the end. Especially when you jump up and off the step in a straddle position! But some of those other intervals... :confused:

I followed it by Medicine Ball Abs. I really enjoy doing abs in all these different ways. this one wasn't hard, per se, but very different.

Beth: Oh, no. I'm sorry it's "OSIT" for you. That sounds miserable having to drag the family to the ER last night! But , yeah, what else are you supposed to do? Hope your boys are ok today! They'll probably be all cranky and ornery this afternoon (or you will be!:eek:). ... I knew you'd like Disc 3 LEGS !!! It's similar to B&G in the way that it moves quickly and there are so many different exercises with different angles. I'd be VERY surprised if you didn't feel it tomorrow BIG time! I agree, I wish the Bonus Work had it's own chapter. That leg band work was one of my favorites, and it doesn't repeat in the rest of the Mesocycle. I'd love to go back to it just for fun!...... That testing sounds like a great deal for funding? hey..why not? it's not you having to sit in a test room all day! LOL!!! YEAH for DOMS in your back today!... I'm feeling some in mine too, and if I stretch my Triceps, I can feel it too.

Joanne: Oh, Yes, I had that colposcopy too! How could I forget THAT step! I agree, it sounds like your GYN is being very careful and on top of it all. No worries! it just sucks having to go through all that "stirrup time". :p. Yes, that 1RM testing surprisingly gets ya!!

I'm being a total bum today, i've decided. Okay, well not TOTAL. but i'm going to stay home and:

1. Do Laundry
2. Read
3. Balance My Checkbook (hasn't been done since Sept!!)
4. Watch DVR'd TV Shows
5. Do a Rosary (that is my Lent thing this year! I'm not the best "Catholic", but I like to try to be better, esp during Lent, every year).

We'll see how it goes and what I get done! LOL!

Beth, our school would be all over that $10,000! I don't mind the state testing (well, of course, I don't have to do it!), but the only thing that slightly irritates me is that the kids' homework the week before is all practice sheets for the tests. I guess that's not bad, but it seems like a week is lost preparing for the tests. Now that you mentioned field trips, I realized my kids haven't really had any this year. Except for Caitlyn at the pumpkin farm. Hmmm, wonder why.

Chris, after Imax3, you deserve a "bum" day. Sounds heavenly to me. Well, not the checkbook part or the laundry part. I haven't balanced a checkbook in probably 10 years! I do all my banking online.

Well, I have to go public since to give myself some accountability! Speaking of Lent, I decided to give up sweets, particularly chocolate, candy and cookies. I eat chocolate just about every single day. And way too much other crap. This is going to be tough! I admit, it's for selfish reasons, too. I want to see how much a difference it will make in my weight and how I feel.

It's pouring rain out and this is the one day I didn't bring my lunch. Have to go out and get something...yuck!

Joanne

Yes, that $10,000 will be helpful this year especially since California finally has a budget but unfortunately we got to it by cutting a lot of money from schools! It is pathetic what goes on in politics -- ugggg!

I'm with you, Joanne..... Chris, I was going to tell you I haven't balanced my checkbook since September..... of about 1988!!! Somewhere back then I was friends with the CFO of my company, and I mentioned that I had to balance mine and he said "do you ever run out of money in your checkbook?" No. "Do you think banks make big mistakes?" No, mostly. "then why bother?" I figured if the CFO had that viewpoint, who was I to argue, so I quit and never looked back. I do look over my statements as soon as I get them to make sure everything looks ok, but that's about the most I do.

I am not Catholic, so I don't celebrate lent (other than Fat Tuesday! :)), but, I am trying to really clean up my eating. I'm on day 4 and it's not been that difficult so far. I swear, it's all in the mind, for me..... I just have to focus on my reasons for wanting to do it and then I don't feel deprived. I was wondering if you guys have been extra hungry doing STS. I've not been, but I decided to drink a recovery drink (with protein) the instant I finish the workout. I don't know how much that has helped, but I feel like maybe it's doing some good since I haven't been extra hungry. I'm also tracking stuff (again!) with myfitnesspal.com, and that helps keep me honest.

-Beth

Ok, so I told myself that I was going to pop in and post today but I've barely had a moment to myself! So, HI! So glad to see that (mostly) you guys are doing well minus germs, vet bills, and shrapnel. Hopefully more tomorrow? Oh, and I just want to say, any of you can *donate* your unused DVDs to me. ;)

Hey !

After dinner tea time!

Here's what I got done on my list:
1. Watched some DVR'd TV
2. Laundry
3. Rosary
4. Attempted the Check Book... I was SO off!

Did not get to read, yet.

Joanne: God bless you for giving up sweets and chocolate for Lent!!! good for you! Yes, accountability!

I ended up changing up my eating this week too. I was eating 2 bowls of oatmeal between dinner and bed time. i think that was too much! So I changed my snack choices. Also, I've added in some complex carbs early afternoon to keep me full longer. I was basically eating protein/fruit every 2-3 hours, and I was so freakin hungry. So this past week instead of the fruit with my afternoon Greek yogurt, I've eaten a cup of Bulgur Wheat (cooked with onion soup & water). It's REALLY helped I think. And the scale is starting to go down too. (It had gone up after Valentine's weekend, and was STUCK UP! :confused:).

Beth: I agree, I've re-focused on my eating , and I'm doing ok with the change. I was just getting frustrated with gaining weight and working so freakin hard with STS. I don't want to come out of this and not get ANY gains from it. (except for pounds!!!). ... Thanks for the experience on checkbook balancing! My numbers are so f'd up, and I usually get so out of sorts about it, but you know... I like your CFO's train of thought much better! And I thought about it didn't balance, and didn't get so crazed about it. Thank you!

Hottie: Hey you! glad you stopped to say hi! . I have some workout DVDs I don't use, but not sure you'd want them! LOL!

Oh my!!!! Oh my!!!! Sitting in the car for piano lessons my right hamstring (not the sore one, mind you!) started being very uncomfortable!!! Uh-oh. I think I'm going to do yoga instead of cardio tomorrow.

Chris, I hope my checkbook story doesn't get you into trouble!!!

Hi Hottie! Where are you Vilma? I hope you're not sick in bed!!!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.