fBFL for Thu May 29th 200

Good morning, Belinda! I actually thought I'd beat you posting this morning. Hope you'r enjoying your workout right now!!!

I just got done with mine! I decided for cardio and abs today, and I used BM2 cardio and Tracey S for abs (2 floor segments).

I'm actually up earlier than normal. I'm trying to get out of bed earlier so that I can make my kids a hot breakfast. When we were in Ohio staying with Lorrie, she made the kids turkey bacon and muffins, rolls, etc. So my kids asked if we could do the same, so I thought I could do that. So today I'm making them turkey sausage and homemade orange muffins. Doesn't that sound like a nice way to start their day?

Speaking of cooking, starting next week, I'm going to try a few new recipes. I haven't cooked up anything new in a while, and this recent issue of Clean Eating has some really good-looking recipes in it.

OK...time to shower. Then it's off early to school for School Store.

Gayle

Good morning Belinda, Gayle, and everyone else!

Eating got off track a little yesterday. The management team grilled for all of the plant workers. I ate a beef burger instead of a veggie burger (they didn’t buy enough and I wanted to be sure the vegetarians were taken care of – we have a Bangledeshi population working for us), and it affected my system a bit. Without going into more details, have any of you noticed fattier meats adversely affecting your system? I also had a piece of cake to celebrate the May birthdays at work. It was a small piece (but a Costco cake- yum!), and did I ever feel the sugar crash! I think I notice it more now that I don’t eat that stuff as much. Friday is a work golf outing – that’s the next food/drink hurdle to overcome.

I finally bought a kitchen scale so I can really try to keep my calories on track. I was reading somewhere either on BFL guestbook or BFL tracker that the serving size in EFL is typically too big for a woman. I also read that a lot of the “champions” increased their cardio in the last part of the challenges to increase the fat burning. Don’t’ ask me where, I was just cruising around the web.

No workout yet today because I’m not feeling quite there yet. As for a rotation, I think I need to add more cardio, too. I just don’t want to lose the strength that I’ve gained. For those of you (Kathy & Gayle), who trained hard for races, how do you think that affected your strength training? I do better when I plan a rotation than just do what strikes my fancy. I’ll wing it for the next few days until I come up with a plan. Maybe I peruse Cathe’s fat burning rotations of the past.

Belinda – Sounds like you had a great workout planned and are back in the swing of things!

Gayle – Nice breakfast planned for the kids. I don’t have a question for the trainer. I prefer Sparkpeople over Fitday, when I’ve used them. Sparkpeople has a larger database for food already in there. I needed to add to Fitday so much more – maybe it’s changed now.

Melissa – You are cracking me up with the conversion to the early riser! Excellent meal plans, as usual.

Heidi – Yay! You got the car! I’m always forgetting stuff at the store, too, even when I have a list. LOL!

Amelia – Yay! Keep going on the diet plan! I’m sure it’s doing you some good!

Kathy – I think your calorie goals, both intake and burn, can also apply to me. I love your disciplined approach.

Stephanie – Applause for you, being so busy but still exercising and eating well! You’ve stayed on track when I fell of the wagon.

Hope you all have a great day!

Hey there, Sherry! Forget yesterday. Use your new kitchen scale and keep everything in check!

You reminded me of a few things I wanted to say:

I sent the trainer my email last night, with a few questions. Believe it or not, she only answered 2 of my 4 questions. She said the other one would "take too much time to answer". Yeah....she's not for me! LOL Her answer to the question about weights sandwiched between cardio was for warm-up (in the beginning) and extra calorie burn (at the end).

I stepped on the scale this morning, while saying a prayer. I haven't weighed myself in quite some time. And I knew that a few pounds had creeped back on (I estimated 10). Well, I was close! LOL I'm up 11.2# from where I want to be, and where I was at the end of my 12 week challenge at Christmas time. Time to work it OFFFFF!

Sherry-to answer your question about weight training and running. I kept my weight training pretty much the same. I alternated my leg work between heavy work and endurance work. I just made sure to keep the longer, harder runs spaced far enough apart from the heavy leg work. Does that help???

Gayle

Good Monring gilrs

Gayle-I too am up a bout 7-8lbs since the last 12 week challenge so i fee your pain! Yep,its time to work it off:) Ive said this before but sometimes i wonder if i should even go by the scale at all? It really deppresses me when it goes up(like this morning,up two lbs since yesterday?)

Belinda-Looks like your doing a one body part rotation! Have fun with shoulders and abbs today!

Sherry-the burger and cake sounds yummy! Everytime i eat fatty foods my system goes haywire! Usually more visits to the potty if you know what i mean!

Hey to everybody that follows!:)

Ive got a question! Do you guys think its really important to follow a rotation? Do you think I will see more results if i do? Right now im just doing whatever i feel like but making sure i get in 4cardios(3of them powerwalking and one a circuit)a week and working each body part(one split up LB,UB and one circuit) twice a week!

I haven't done any step in a while before my LIC on tuesday and i truelly miss it! I started Powerwalking about a month and a half ago to change things up a bit and had great results when i measured on may 7th. Maybe i should just continue powerwalking until my next measurement on june 7th then add in more step? I miss seeing cathe too;-) shes so energetic and motivating!

so todays workout is a AM doggie walk, then a PM powerwalk on the treadmill with some either LB or UB,not sure which one yet?

bbl

Good morning, BFL ladies! I'm sorry I haven't checked in the past few days. I didn't get the chance at work, and my days off have been pretty full. Since the days have been mostly filled with good things, I won't complain too much. ;)

Ever since the day after I weighed myself (Sunday) I lost some momentum. I can totall relate to what Amelia said today about the scale. I do so much better when I don't really think about that thing...and yet I can't bring myself to put any real finality into not using it. After a few weeks, I just gotta know that number. Lots of conflicting thoughts and feelings about it....

So I've had a few off meals, though not fully off all day. It's time to stop the b*tching and moaning to myself and just get back to the BFL4W way of eating. It really like the way I feel when I'm on track with it...and man oh man have I noticed a big time negative difference these past couple days in my mood and energy level. DUH!

My workout this morning was Step Works. I did the warm-up, combo 1 and the cool down stretch. That's a fun one for me. Tuesday I did 4 of the Drill Max drills. WOWie that one's a killer...but fun and not tooo tooo bad when I lowered the intensity a bit for myself. I'm impressed that I can do any of Cathe workouts to this day! LOL

Belinda~ hope your shoulders are feeling nice and toasted!

Gayle~ A hot b-fast sounds wonderful!! When can you come over? haha!

Sherry~ Let's get back on track together! What's the one thing that you do that helps you to stay on track the most? For me it's planning my meals.

Amelia~ If you figure out any answers about whether or not to use that icky scale let me know. ;)

Time to get busy...lots to do again today. It's jewelry show day, yay!!

Morning!
Hey Belinda!

Gayle – Interesting answer on the cardio/strength question! Awww, your boys are going to love you fixing them a hot breakfast! I’m still waiting on my Clean Eating magazine, I hope it comes today. You’re not that far off your goal weight, we can do it!

Sherry – Sounds like you have a lot going on! I think the cake would’ve done my system in (terrible that I can handle red meat pretty easy but forget about flour, ugh!) I also just keep on alternating strength with running. I’ve worked out my training schedule for the next few months until the 50k to include weekday runs, long runs, strength training, spinning, and fun cardio like Mindy’s Med Ball madness. I like variety and keeping your strength up is very important to prevent over use injuries during training. HTH.

Amelia – What you’re doing sounds great! It sounds like you have a loose plan that you follow that includes everything in the week. I plan workouts because I have a tendency to stand in front of my DVD shelves undecided for way too long if I don’t!

Connie – I totally agree….time to pick yourself up, dust off, and keep moving! How about weighing yourself every week? I find I have 1 heavy week, 1 normal week, and 2 light weeks in a month. I try not to let my feeling get the better of me during heavy week because I know it’s usually water retention. ;)

This morning I did Cathe’s Power Hour (after warming up with Mindy’s Med Ball Madness warm up). I matched Cathe’s weight (or exceeded it in squats/lunges/back). I was feeling a little tired and low energy this morning. I’m hoping it picks up today.

Food wise, I followed plan yesterday. The only deviation I had was having a Tootsie Roll midge after dinner. I have this unexplainable need to have dessert in the evening. I figure a 23 calorie candy (that I can savor for 5 minutes) beats a 200 calorie bowl of ice cream (which I normally eat!) :p

Food for today:

M1: Scoop chocolate protein powder w/water & half banana

M2: ½ cup eggbeaters w/mushrooms, peppers, onions & 1/8 cup shredded light cheese + 1/2 cup dry oatmeal with miniature box raisins & 4 tbsp ff half & half

M3: 3 meatballs w/1/4 cup Ragu +2 cups mixed veggies (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, peppers, corn) + ½ banana

M4: Light & Fit yogurt + (1) light string cheese + 5 crackers

M5: Thai Stir fry w/chicken (3 oz. chicken/2 cups stir fry veggies/1 tbsp. reduced fat PB/light soy sauce/chicken broth)

M6: Twisted protein bar + 10 cherries

Extras: 1 cup coffee w/sugar free coffee mate + Tootsie roll midge

Total Calories: 1657
Ratios: 41% carb/32% protein/27% fat
Fiber: 20 grams
Calories burned (5/28 – 6/2): 802

hey girls,just popping in to report my workout! Did a 30min doggie walk in the morning, then did PLB/standing and a 30min powerwalk in the afternoon.

Connie-Hugs to you! This eating thing sure is hard! You can do it girl....go for it! don't let ANYTHING stand in your way! I too just have to look at the scale atleast once a week,but weeks like this week im on that darn thing every morning....need to stop that

Kathy-Thanks for your input on my workouts! Great workout today! And great meals too!

Belinda-high fives on your workout!!!!

later gaters

Hi girls,

I am back! I got a minute for personals!

Gayle** sorry, you didn’t beat me this morning! LOL! I was up until 3 a.m., I couldn’t sleep! Too much going on in my life right now! Nice job on BM2 cardio and Tracey abs this morning! Sorry, your weight is up a little! I haven’t weight in since Germany! I am sure I am up a few pounds! Time to work it OFFFFF!

Sherry** I hope you enjoy Cathe’s fat burning rotation! I really enjoy Debbie’s (Fitnessfreak) “ Muscle Building & Defining Rotation”. I don’t think I ever felt that sore before! In a good way!

Amelia** if you don’t see any results from what you are doing right now, than change things up! Keep your body guessing! That is why I am doing Debbie’s rotation! Too keep things fresh!

Oh Connie! My chest, back and abs are soo toasted! I don’t think I ever been that sore before! LOL! Enjoy your jewelry show today.

Kathy** awesome job on PH this morning! I am doing S& H with PH this week nice burn! Great job keeping up with Cathe’s weight!

I will try to be back later!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi everyone! Sorry I wasn't able to post at all today. Work was just jam-packed today. At least it went by fast. I can always tell by late afternoon how busy I am by how many meals I haven't eaten yet.

Tonight was supposed to be LB for me, but when I got home I changed my clothes and we all headed outside. We stayed out until it started getting dark, then came in and had dinner (around 8:30!). It was a good night! I'll make up LB on Saturday.

Meals for today:

M#1: banana applesauce bread & coffee/vanilla protein shake
M#2: apple & string cheese
M#3: 1/2 cup brown rice & 3 oz salmon
M#4: apple & 1/4 cup almonds
M#5: salad w/1 can white tuna, 1/2 cup black beans & veggies
No M#6 for me today

Have a good night ladies and I'll BB2MORROW!!! :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.