Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Fat loss check in February 2013

This is a discussion on Fat loss check in February 2013 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi Tina! I'm glad the nutrition manager is working out for you . I used it for a month last ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 AM
Cathlete
suethepooh's Profile Fields

Hi Tina! I'm glad the nutrition manager is working out for you . I used it for a month last year and spent way too much time trying to get As across the board. Nice job on your double workouts! More wall squats, is hubby getting better at it?

Today I did super cuts! I was intimidated because I've read the comparisons to Afterburn and that's the workout that is most challenging for me. Two thumbs up for me on this workout. The balance moves were challenging but fun and the whole thing just flies by. Of course the pushups at the end were not my strong suit and there's room for me to grow throughout. I was worried my knee would bother me with all the lunges but I was okay. My only complaint is not being able to hear Cathe clearly over the music during the floor work.

Had breakfast for dinner tonight. Bacon - it's almost not allowed in my house, but we do eat it occasionally. it's ridiculous how happy certain foods make me.

Tomorrow will be a rest day for me. it's so hard to eat within budget on a rest day. time to flex that willpower

Have a great Friday!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Cathlete
Fembot40's Profile Fields

Did you say "bacon"? Why is it so darn tasty!? I allow myself one piece a week. We have a big family breakfast on the weekend; eggs, bacon, bagels, yogurt, and granola. It's my favorite meal of the week. Mmmmmm. Happy to hear you liked Supercuts. To me, it is much easier than Afterburn. Afterburn is in a whole different category, phew.

DH is getting better at the ball squats. He's loving the leg portion of STS. Yesterday was Step Blast in the a.m. and Xtrain Ride in the p.m. I'm saving my rest day for tomorrow, sounds like we may be without power on Saturday. MM planned for after work tonight.

Have a great weekend! : )
Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Cathlete

Hi Tina! I can't believe you can eat just one slice of bacon! Talk about self-control . I hope you don't ls power, do you have a backup generator? Still loving Ride?

I'm feeling DOMS in my glutes and obliques today - yay! It's a rest day so I was concerned I wouldn't be able to stay with my calorie goal. I was out shopping and getting hungry so decided to eat out. I totally scored at Which Wich, they have lettuce wraps! Also my pace weights arrived today -those magnets are STRONG!

I start redoing 1RM tests tomorrow, have a nice rest day!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Cathlete

Yesterday I ended up doing M2D15 with DH. He's going to keep trying STS and modifying the shoulder work. Today was Cardio Leg Blast extreme premix. There is too much snow to get to work today, so tomorrow will be my rest day. I have hours of shoveling to do yet, I can't open any of the doors to the outside.

What do you have planned for workouts this week? Sounds like your willpower is still on overdrive! : )
Old 02-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Cathlete

I didn't expect a leg workout from shoveling, but to make it to my parents house and to my back door, I had to hoof it through waist deep snow. Talk about glute work, whoa. It was tougher than CLB, phew. Too bad it's too deep to cross country ski.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Cathlete

Hi Tina! Looks like you're surviving Nemo CLB extreme + high snow stepping - I don't envy the DOMS you'll be having! Good for your hubby for staying with STS, he's going to be happy he did.

Today I did 75 minutes of 1RM testing, all upper body because I still have lower body DOMS from super cuts a couple of days ago. This week I'll be walk/running 4days and fitting in 1RM tests wherever I can. I'd also like to do CLB in its entirety, I've only done the cardio premix so far.

Have a nice rest day
Old 02-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Cathlete

No workout for me today. I worked most of the day and then came home and crashed. Eating was great all day until I came home. It's very bad to go too long between meals, oy.

I bet you find CLB much easier to do as is. I don't think I would try the cardio only premix. Those band plie jump/squats kill me, I can't imagine jumping right into another cardio right after. Are you seeing improvements in your 1RM tests?

Have a great night. : )
Old 02-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Cathlete

Hi Tina! My local grocery store moved down the street and expanded to a super store. I was so excited to shop there for the first time today, but within minutes I hated it. The acoustics are terrible, background music is too loud but still there's the buzz of everyone all around you. I think next time I'll bring ear plugs! Too many people. My favorite cereal wasn't on the shelf so I asked if it could be stocked. The customer service guy didn't know, actually asked me if I had the barcode from the box so he could look it up. Really, do people carry around barcodes?

Okay, enough complaining. My 1RM numbers are mostly going up, some by 20% and higher! I wasn't expecting such a big increase but I'll take it. A handful of 1RM numbers went down and I can't figure out a good reason for it. There's no way I'm weaker than when I started STS. I may go back to my workout sheets and see if there's some clue for lower numbers.

Good to know on CLB, yes the cardio only premix is tough! Speaking of those bands - when I was trying to put it around my legs in supercuts it kept rolling up on me, I paused for quite a while trying to get the band to lay smooth. it never happened, I finally took it off and tied a regular band around my legs.

Today was a walk/run, same for tomorrow + some more 1RM tests. Have a nice Monday!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Cathlete

Sue, great job on the 1RM increases! Will you be planning another STS round this year? Today I did M1D1 and Plates and Weights abs. I can't wait to get back to our after dinner walk. This weather is a real bummer.

I am a self professed grocery snob. We have two supermarkets, one right next door to the other. One has high prices, clean floors, and you can hand pick your own produce. The other is crowded, prepackages groups of produce, and smells like sour milk. I've tried to shop at the less expensive store twice and quickly returned to the more expensive store. Maybe once the hoopla around your new store calms, it will be a better place to shop.

I had that same thing happen with the band in SC, not very comfortable. Maybe when it warms up and shorts are back in, the band will stay flat on bare skin.

Have a great night. : )
Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Cathlete

Hi Tina Too bad about the weather, are you getting cabin fever? I'm jealous of your grocery store, I'd have to go a few towns away to get anything upscale. I bet you have great seafood too. Great workout, weights & plates is challenging!

My workout today was cardio leg blast + core 2 and some 1RM tests. All I can say is wow! The cardio only premix is so much easier than the whole shebang! It was my first time with core 2, talk about a crunch fest! My core needs a lot of work! Got about 20% increase on 1RMs again today, with the exception of one I went down a tad. I'm definitely doing STS again at least once this year, I need to keep building my muscles

Happy Wednesday