Fabulous & Fit 40's May 4th - May 10th

Murphy

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I did not see a thread so I started one. I did plyo legs today and it was the usual killer. It was good but I am glad I did it this morning and got it out of the way. Now I am trying to decide what to avoid doing tomorrow! :)

Hello to eveyone.

Murph

Hi Murphy and all !

Thanks for starting the thread Murphy! I've been in a funk about my dog so I haven't been on the forums much, but I did stick to my exercise....it's a great stress reliever. I got my heart rate up higher than I ever had while spinning this weekend because I was willing my strength to my dog to get better.

We put her in the hospital Friday to get IV fluids and meds for kidney failure. I just talked to the vet and even though he doesn't have the second set of labs yet after the therapy he said she is looking good and was surprised she was doing so well as she was one sick pup. I'm hoping we bought her many, many more walks, you never know how long the kidneys will hold up but she will be on a special RX diet, may also have to administer IV fluids everyday, but as long as she is happy I'll do what I can. Anyway, we expect to be able to pick her up tonight.

I think that's it here, I'm ready to go back to a boring life! How's everyone else doing?

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! My cat had kidney failure, and I did the IV fluid thing. (I hate needles and so did she!) After that, Bonnie (the cat) survived for almost a year before I had to put her to sleep. She was nearly 17 years old, however, and it was a miracle that she lived as long as she did. (You can see her picture in my FB photo album!)

I did Cardio Fusion today and really had to push to get through it. I like that workout but I woke up all out of sorts (tired, achy, cranky, PMS-y).

(Totally off topic) I have a question from my daughter for Andrea and Ronne: Do you have Spongebob Squarepants in Australia/England? She asked because she just got a Spongebob music CD and it was made in England. She said she didn't even know that you knew about Spongebob overseas, so I said I'd ask.

Well, I've got to start dinner (the glamorous life, again!)! Bye, all!

Hi girls! Lisa, so sorry for your dog. They are such a part of the family. I hope she is doing better. Murphy, I read your post and laughed out loud "trying to decide what to avoid tomorrow"! Very funny. Kathryn, is cardio fusion worth getting? I have been debating, I have the other 3 that it comes from, should I spend the money? Today was disc 34, really hard today for some reason. Only 3 more STS disc left! Now I have to think of my own rotation! However, I am glad to be done with it before Disney, which is next week. Now if I could only get some lipo before I get in a bathing suit! Hello to all that follow, Mary

Kathryn, is cardio fusion worth getting? I have been debating, I have the other 3 that it comes from, should I spend the money? Today was disc 34, really hard today for some reason. Only 3 more STS disc left! Now I have to think of my own rotation! However, I am glad to be done with it before Disney, which is next week. Now if I could only get some lipo before I get in a bathing suit! Hello to all that follow, Mary

Mary, I really like cardio fusion (I've done it more than the discs that it comes from)... however, it really is just a tweaked compilation from the other three. It also has premixes on it. I use it a lot, but if you have lots of other cardio options that you love, you may want to wait. Gee, I hope that non-answer was helpful...

Yes, countdown to Disney -- Mary, is your trip really next week? I guess that means mine is in a couple of weeks. I suppose I should start doing some planning!

As with Spring Break, this trip will come in the middle of a mesocycle, so I'll end up repeating the week I did before I left. That will extend STS by a whole month (two extra weeks off; two extra weeks of STS). Never mind lipo; I want to know what happened to my formerly smooth, youthful skin! Can I just have a body lift?

Murphy, I'm trying to decide what to avoid doing tomorrow, since I'm just so sore today! My day off isn't until Friday, and that's just so far away! :eek: Maybe I'll do what I consider a "cheat" workout: yoga.

Well, off to bed for me...

Good morning everyone! Ah, I slept last night (and so did my dog), that worrying and not sleeping because you are worrying wears you out! Madison (my dog) is doing well, she has a healthy appetitie and when it came to treat time right before bed, I was worried how she would take to me just giving her chunks of her canned food and pretend it was a treat (vets idea). Worked like a charm, I made a big production out of it like I normally do when giving treats. Her lab values are still high but halve as much as they were and impressive for a dog who was really sick. So it will be a life long management thing, we can do it.

Kathryn, sounds like you know exactly what I've been through. So far we do not need to give her Sub Q fluids under the skin. I'm sure someday we will, Madison has never been a good drinker. My cat is 16 and dog is 12, I'm running a geriatric pet home!

Mary, I agree with Kathryn about CF. Personally I would skip it and get something else because I don't think you'll feel like you got a "new" workout if you buy it.

Ronne, where are you, working hard?

Murphy, I'm trying to decide what to avoid today too. :p I know I'll get the dog walked, I swear she is raring to go, it's like she doesn't know how sick she was!

Hellos to Andrea, Vilma, and everyone else who follows.

Hi All,

I must tell all of you that I am proud of myself for starting the thread. I always avoided it b/c I was not sure how to do it. I was nervous and thought I did it wrong. I kept checking back to see if anyone responded. So, thank you to everyone for being online this week.

Lisa - I hope Madison continues on the mend. I will say a prayer for her and a prayer for you too.

Kathryn - Get out of my head, yoga was on my mind too. I really don't think I am up for any more jumping.

Scubagirl - How do you feel about almost being done? I am really tired of my barbell. I guess b/c that is the one piece of equipment that is not with the others. The weights are in one area and the bar itself is in another (my workout room is the living room).

Murphy

Quick check-in...

I did Amy Bento's Kickbox Xtreme today.

It's official: Tomorrow is yoga. Otherwise, I'll never make it through the week. (Tired! Sore!)

Good Morning!! I just finished DM, the one that I always avoid! Lisa, so glad to hear Madison has perked up! That is a relief. Kathryn, (and Lisa) thank you for saving me some money! My DH thanks you! Murphy, I am excited to be done with STS, mainly b/c I actually completed something! I am just torn at what to do next, If I do say the GS series, what weights do we use now? the weights from Meso 3 or 2? However if that is all I have to worry about, I am a lucky girl! Hello to all that follow. Have a good day! Mary

I decided to do LIC cardio premix. I didn't feel like jumping around too much either. I can come up with a thousand and one excuses why :p with the main one being that plyo is on tap for tomorrow, must conserve energy!

I find I don't get many DOMS in M3, I'm not sure what I'll do after I'm done with STS.

Have a great day all, I think a nap may be in order this afternoon! ;)

Hi everyone

We had a bank holiday weekend here this weekend hence the lack of online activity. My parents came down and my dad did loads of little jobs round the house so it's turning into more of a home now (I know ... photos ... I will do it honest! :eek:)

I did GSL today and felt worked but not dead which is my ideal state! :eek: Work is really busy again at the moment, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed to be honest but I'm just putting my head down and ploughing through it.

Murphy - well done on starting the thread! I know what you mean, I felt really nervous the first time I did it.

Kathryn - tell your DD that we do have Spongebob over here - it's probably more of a question of what don't we have?! My DD never watched it though as it's on a channel we don't have. Oh and I must ask when you say you did KBX, do you mean all of it?! If so, I take my hat off to you. I could never get all the way through that one! Have you tried the new one yet? I think it's more manageable than KBX.

Lisa - sorry to hear about your dog but at least it does sound manageable. Hopefully, she'll have many more years yet.

Mary - there will be a big hole in your life without STS won't there? It must have been nice not to think about what workout to do for 3 months!

Right, this is supposed to be a quick post so I better get on with some work!

Bye for now

Kathryn - tell your DD that we do have Spongebob over here - it's probably more of a question of what don't we have?! My DD never watched it though as it's on a channel we don't have. Oh and I must ask when you say you did KBX, do you mean all of it?! If so, I take my hat off to you. I could never get all the way through that one! Have you tried the new one yet? I think it's more manageable than KBX.

Ronne, thanks for the answer! I'll let DD know! She'll be so happy that I got an answer from a person who actually lives in England! (She's only 8.)

Yes, I did all of KBX (including the abs). It's 80 minutes long (and I mean "long!")... but it took me forever to learn how to do it (and I still make mistakes). I think the new Kickbox (Surge, I think) is much easier to figure out but very challenging to do. I've also started doing Powerstrike 5, which I like more every time. But it's pretty short, at only 48 minutes. I may do that tomorrow, and throw in an STS or CoreMax ab routine... unless I go for a "cheat" day and do yoga instead. Somehow, it doesn't feel like a real workout unless I'm sweating, breathing heavy, or hoisting weights!

Well, off to bed -- it's way too late for me already! Thanks again, Ronne! ;)

Quiet in here today! ;)

Kathryn - Glad to make your DD happy! My DD is also 8. She's just read a book called 'Boy' which is about Roald Dahl's early childhood and has enjoyed regaling me with all the gruesome things that happened!
Kudos to you for KBX! And yoga is not cheating - remember flexibility is as important as strength and cardio - not much point being superfit if we can't bend over! :p

A word of advice ladies, if a rotation gives you GSL one day followed by Imax3 the next - DON'T :p! Zoiks, every bit of my legs hurt! Off to pick DD up from school with friend. Girly squealiness ahoy!

Bye for now

Hi everyone! Just finished the last squat rack disc, Only 2 more to go! Ronne, Imax3, is one disc I don't have, looks very scary! I am very impressed with you! Kathryn, sounds like everyone is enjoying the new Amy, I might have to cave! I have been eyeing the Powerstrikes for a while also. Are they fun? Lisa, How is Madison? Still perky? I haven't been sore with this meso either, and I really have upped the weights? I woner what that is about? Hi to you Murphy! Have a good day everyone! Mary

Hi everyone! Today was the always dreaded plyo legs for week 2 --- actually once you get going they are actually a little bit fun, because they are different and there was some fun new plyo sections in this one. I'm not doing the squat rack portion of M3 anymore.

I also walked the dog a bit. I have to change my schedule a bit to accomodate her. We have split her walk into 2 parts and shortened it a bit and put the longest walk first thing in the morning before it starts getting hot. It's still relatively cool here but with her age and all vet said be careful of overheating her. She is doing well. Yesterday we were a bit concerned that her perkiness was going to be short lived, but this morning she looks real good. She's eating like a horse. She lost 4 lbs (for a 25 lb dog that's a lot) over the course of the 4 days she was sick and the 4 days they limited her feeding at the vets so that she could get better. She's gained 1 lb back (by my scale). I'm hoping she keeps it up, she seems to tire a bit more, but maybe it was because she was already exhausted from the illness and hospital and then when we got her home we kept waking her up just because we wanted to give her some love. She was up before me so I think she's rested up now. Boy, I've blathered on a lot about her, haven't I?

Ronne, I can't believe you attempted IMax3 the day after doing GSL :eek:. I don't seem to reach for IMAX 3 much --- for some reason I keep forgetting about it --- hmm, wonder what it could be? :p Enjoy your girly squeakiness ;) --- sometimes I wonder if it was a blessing in disguise that I had boys? :D

Mary, I think I may do a week of kettlebells after I'm done with Meso 3, after that, I'm going to look for a cathe rotation that preferable doesn't use many of the ones that FF Dec rotation used that we did, because I'd then like to do that one before I start STS again. Well, that's my plan anyway! :p:confused:

Kathryn, I think it's good that you do yoga, I just can't get into it myself---just doesn't hold my attention. I wish I could, it just seems like waste of time although I do feel better when I'm stretched out, but the thing is I can't get into some of those poses. For example, I did the stretch portion of Low Impact Circuit and when she does the straddle stretch sitting down, my body just doesn't fold forward like their's and so I don't feel like it's doing a thing. I've been like this all my life, ah, dreams of having long, lanky muscles.....

Hellos to everyone else, not sure what else is on tap today, unfortunately I think it's cleaning bathrooms round 1 --- I have to split it up because I can only take cleaning bathrooms for so long a day! :D

Hi everyone,

I don't even remember what disc number I did - it must be b/c my tri's are screaming at me. I thougt I could heavier and now I feel every time I move. Well, I guess that is a good thing. Tomorrow is squat rack day. I think I have 8 more to go. I have been looking over some old rotations as to what to do next. I am leaning towards Cathe's lower body rotation. Legs are my (really really) trouble spot.

Lisa - glad to hear Madison is eating everything in sight. Hide your shoes!

Murphy

Hi Murphy and all !

We put her in the hospital Friday to get IV fluids and meds for kidney failure. I just talked to the vet and even though he doesn't have the second set of labs yet after the therapy he said she is looking good and was surprised she was doing so well as she was one sick pup. I'm hoping we bought her many, many more walks, you never know how long the kidneys will hold up but she will be on a special RX diet, may also have to administer IV fluids everyday, but as long as she is happy I'll do what I can. Anyway, we expect to be able to pick her up tonight.

I think that's it here, I'm ready to go back to a boring life! How's everyone else doing?

Lisa: So sorry to hear about your baby! It's always hard when they pass or get sick. I lost my beagle, Keirin, when she was only 2. Suddenly one morning her intestines twisted and she had to be put down. There was only a slim chance surgery would correct it. That was the hardest thing to get through because of her age and how suddenly it happened. :(

I'm glad Madison is doing so well! I hope you have many more years with her! It's so good to see them happy even after going through a trauma.:)

Hi All,

The weights are in one area and the bar itself is in another (my workout room is the living room).

Murphy

Murphy: Too funny! My living room is my workout room as well! All my weights and step, mat, etc. lay in what we call the "piano room" because it's a baby grand and takes up half the room! I have to push the couch all the way to the wall and fold the area rug over to get my stuff in, have space to work out and not trip!:eek: It will have to do until we find a new house big enough or at least with a finished basement, so I can have a dedicated workout space!

Tricia

Hi everyone! Ah.....I finally slept last night! Between all the worrying, the hormones and then the monthly cramps, I've been a wreck. I feel human again! I'm going to spin to Cardio Coach 3 this morning. And then it's major errand running today, so won't be online much.

Tricia, first of all WELCOME! Thanks for the well wishes for Madison. She continues to do well so we hope we will have her with us for a long while. It's amazing how fast things can come on isn't it. I swore I was cursing human nature as to why were we given the capability to love so much if they were going to make is so hard when you lose someone/something.

Murphy, I've lost track of disc #'s too. I just say meso 3, wk whatever, and then muscle groups. I have DOMS from plyo wk 2 yesterday, I think I like plyo more than squat because it works me differently.

Hellos to everyone else, I gotta get going, another busy day on tap....at least I feel like I can function today since I got some much needed sleep! I know you all can relate!

Hi All,

Today is decided to rest. I felt yet another cold coming on so I took some medicine and rested. I feel a lot better today. I am trying to ward of anything from coming. I hope to get something in tonight even if it is only stretching and get a regular workout in tomorrow.

Tricia - welcome aboard. I am glad I am not the only with space issues. :)

Murph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.