Fab, Fit and Forty or over

Murphy

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

I did not see a thread so I started one. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I am still doing my 30 day challenege. It is going well. I might throw in some Cathe so I can get my Cathe-fix. :)

Murphy

Hi everyone, slow day on the list, eh? I did DM today, that's the first time in a long time that I've done that dvd as produced. Tomorrow, I think is LIS/HIS Double cardio premix. Now that I've said it I'll stick to it. :p

How's everyone's week going? I spent some time making meatloaf for my dog only to have her turn her nose up at it. I put it in the freezer, maybe she'll have an interest in it in a few days. Right now she's into a mix I made out of boiling potatoes in chicken broth, mushed them up (not mashed too much but enough so she can't pick out the potatoes), added some rice, and ground chicken. It's been a hit -- she'll probably eat it up and then I'll make more and that's when she'll decide that she doesn't like it anymore. sigh. I long for the days where i could feed her dog food out of a bag sometimes. Otherwise, she seems to be doing great. I'm thinking she had a pee accident while sleeping inside last night so I think as a precaution I'll just put the diaper on her at night.

That's about it here, a day in the life of a dog with Chronic Kidney failure. :(:confused:

Hi All,

Still going strong with my Wii. The other day they added basketball and today is volleyball. It is actuallly lots of plyo work - jumping as if you are shooting baskets, side lunges as if you are lunging for the ball and more jumps. I actually work a sweat doing it.

Lisa - I had to laugh when I read that you cooked and she turned her nose up at it. The things we do for those we love. BTW, I have been avoiding DM. I barely got thourhg it before so now that I have avoided it for so long...I'm a little worried.

Murphy

Hi everyone. Just got done with HIS/LIS double cardio. I'm glad I'm getting into my workouts this week. I plan to make some meatballs for Maddy so that she can turn her nose up at them. I'm learning to go with the flow with her, it typical for dogs in kidney failure to be picky on what they eat. Hey, as long as she eats something decent that's all I hope for each day! Then I think I need to dust the house...YUCK, hate dusting!

Murphy, that workout sounds like fun! I absolutely hate drill 6 in DM, otherwise it was pretty good.

Where's everyone else?

Hi everyone

Murph - that Wii Fit sounds good. A nice change to do different things.

Lisa - I love DM, it's one of my favourites. I love all the different premixes and just doing the thing straight as well. Hope you had fun with 4DS today.
You're doing a great job of nursing your dog. She must be the best-fed pooch around!

I did day 3 of FF's Dec rotation today - 4DS shoulders thru twice. I added the weights and plates abs on the end to save me doing abs on my cardio day. I'm really enjoying this rotation (early days yet tho!)
Work is really busy again so I better get back to it.

bye for now!

ps Hey Lisa! Posting at the same time!

Hi everyone! Quiet around here! Today was ME, I hadn't done it in so long it was like a new w/o! Yesterday I did one from Hardcore Extreme, I put that one right at the bottom of the pile so I won't reach for it again any time soon! The kids will be out of school after tomorrow, so I am trying to relish my quiet time. Murphy, I need to get busy with my Wii, I never think about it. Lisa, you are the best mom! Ronne, I really enjoyed that rotation you are doing, I got (or in my imagination!) some strength gains with that! Hi to everyone else that follows, Have to get dinner and wash. Mary

Hello everyone

Mary - I bet you haven't even got time to think now the kids have finished. We don't break up till July 17th so I've got a bit of time yet. Any DOMS from ME yet?!

Today was a nice short legs workout: 4DS lower body premix and the L&G floorwork. Feels like it got the job done and dusted quickly.
The heavens have just opened and we've had torrential rain which is great as we had new turf laid last week in the garden!

Bye for now!

Hi all,

I am still doing my challenge. The volleyball was interesting. The system was not registering my arm movements so on screen I kept getting hit in the head with the ball. Glad it is virtual. My DH bought the Gold's Gym cardio workout for the Wii (can we say we-obsessed?). I tried it and it is okay, pretty good actually if you want to learn how to box but otherwise it is just okay. You realy have to exaggerate the moves for them to register and I don't like that the person (virtual me) does not even look like a strange version of me (the options for the virtual you are very limited). I also don't like that, as with the Wii Fit, you have to use it x times before it unlocks other things to do. I may use it just enough to get to the other things (what they are I don't know), but it won't be getting much use.

Anyway, hi to everyone.

Murphy

Hi girls! Well, the kids are out of school! My quiet time is over for a while! Today was LM, Only thru 5, couldn't make myself do it any longer! Murphy, you guys really are enjoying that Wii, I wish we used ours more! Ronne, your kids get out late! Do you go to school all year round? How's the garden? When it rains here I can actually see the grass grow! LIsa, how is Madison, eating your offerings? Hi to Andrea, Kathryn, Vilma! Well, off to Chucke Cheese to celebrate the last day of school! Mary

Hi everyone. I did BM2 Double upper premix today, by the time I get to abs on that one I'm ready for it to be over! Get tired of 'REPEAT Previous Segment' !! I was ready to throw something at the TV. :p

I've been brewing up different combos of stuff for Maddy to eat (I have to try to thing like a dog to do this ;) ) She's loving the latest stuff I"ve been making, but refuses to eat the stuff she used to. I wish she would make up her mind! It's good seeing her look so well, I think this is the best I've seen her look since they diagnosed her. Fingers crossed that we can maintain for a long time to come!

Mary, My kids have been out of school for a while! First of May and end of May. They're older so they don't get in my way, plus they have summer jobs (thank goodness!) Hope you had fun at Chuck Cheese's and had some pizza for us! I've been a BAD girl and been hitting the M&Ms a bit much. :eek:

Murphy, We used to have the Wii, kids decided to trade it in for something else. I used to do those dance games (Dance Dance Revolution, etc), I much prefer Cathe now.

Ronne, are you enjoying FF rotation, I really liked that one and plan to do it again soon.

Hellos to everyone else, are you all out there?

Hi All,

Still on the Wii challenge. I am looking forward to getting back to Cathe. I am doing lots of plyo work so I am not "losing any ground", but I have it in the back of my mind that I need to add some Cathe to keep my new muscle. I am using the band but it is not the same.

Lisa - It is funny that you said you prefer Cathe b/c just this morning I was thinking I would rather be doing MM instead of this. I committed to the 30 days challenge (am on week 3, that was fast) so I will finish it out but then back to Cathe. Who knew I would miss her????? PS - good luck w/ your recipes for Maddy.

Murphy

Hi everyone, I did B&G today minus the G part. OMG, was it tough, why do I always think it won't be? I have DOMS in the triceps and lats from the workout yesterday, I'm surprised I don't have them in pecs and front delts as those were exhausted feeling during the workout (in fact had to pause the dvd...never have done that before, must be because I increased weights for both shoulders and chest).

So far so good with Maddy, I hope she keeps liking this food! This is the best she's eaten so maybe there is hope.

Oh, I swear I have more definition from STS in my upper body too. Makes me want to do STS again, but these older workouts do have a FUN factor that I think STS misses. What do you all think?

Murphy, speaking of the band. I bought cathe's 3 pack of bands but I still haven't used them because I'm still challenged by her old green band and I just don't want to make the workouts any tougher (I don't think I could handle it)....makes me wonder...why did I think I needed the new 3 band pack? :D

gotta run....hellos to everyone else and all who follow

Hi everyone

A quick check-in today as I'm drowning in a sea of paper ...

Finished my first week of the rotation. It was double bis and tris today. I decided I was going to go for it so lifted 20s on the final pyramid on bis (2x!) which I've never done before. After reading all the STS comments, I thought I could probably lift heavier than I do. I really enjoyed it and got a great buzz after lifting heavier than I ever have done!

Lisa - glad to hear the dog-nursing going quite well. I agree with you about B&G. I always start off thinking it isn't so bad and am praying for it to be over by the end ;)

Murph - well done on sticking with the Wii rotation. It's great that it's made you want to go back to Cathe!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

WTG Ronne! 20's!!!! ^^^^5 to you!

I'm trying hard to talk myself out of doing exercise today. I didn't sleep well, Maddy kept gagging (she does that sometimes, always has) but my mind raced adn thought the worst (ie. she was getting sick), therefore I had a HORRIBLE dream where I had to euthanize both my cat and dog. I don't know why Maddy is gaggin so much, DH thinks I'm over feeding her now...I dont think so although her belly is nice and full (ah, that feels good). Anyways, don't knwo if I'll get to my exercise, will try, hoping this headache goes away too. We've had lots of storms this week and I get headaches with those.

Ronne, good luck wading through your paper.

Murphy, WTG on the WII challenge! I'm now feeling like a slug if I don't go exercise.....hmmmmmmm

OK, I managed to do CF all step PM, but I stopped at power circuit #4, then I WAS going to do the C part of KPC, but my stomach muscles are still sore from last ab workout, so I said "the heck with it, that's enough". So, at least I did something since I did most of the CF premix!

It's HUMID here and ugh I think that's sapping my energy too....I want my colorado weather back! :D

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi All,

Yep, still doing the challenge. Thanks for the support.

Lisa - I agree that STS was missing a fun factor. I love STS but it did feel like something was missing. Glad to hear Maddy has a nice full belly. I always look like I have one, even when I have not eaten! Anyway, glad to hear it.

Ronne/Lisa - I agree with the B&G - I too start thinking it is not so bad and then out of nowhere reality sets it. :) It is one of my favorites, that and DM. They are great for the step-challenged!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.