ETL - TGIF!! Jan. 12.

dianet

Cathlete
Hi Ladies -

You have no idea how glad I am it is Friday. I am ready for the weekend, since I worked the past few weekends and I should be free this weekend.

Today I will be out of the office all day on a trip to Louisiana with my boss for a witness interview. I have no clue what I will be eating for lunch today, I am guessing we will stop somewhere on the road on the way back. I know my boss watches his weight somewhat, so hopefully he will chose something not to bad.

Today's menu, as best as I can guess:

B: Kashi Go Lean crunch with soy milk and blueberries
L: no idea, but hopefully a salad
D: Its date night tonight, so we will probably go out to dinner with DH. I think we are going to this place called "Ziggy's Healthy Grill" which is a local place that has the yummiest healthy food. It is a really need place. It is run by two big heart doctors in town, so most meals are actually healthy. I will have tons of healthy choices. My fav thing there is a black bean and spinach quesadilla on ww tortilla, but this time will get it without the low fat cheese and with a salad.

This was my menu yesterday

B: fruit smoothie
Snack: half genisoy bar
L: big salad and a banana
Snack: half genisoy bar
D: big salad, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, a Quorn patty and some brown rice & bulgar from Far East (boxed rices) that had a yummy garlic taste.
Dessert: fruit smoothie split with DH

Judy..so what did you come up with for the barley? Good menu yesterday.

Diane...sounds like you managed well at the Chinese restaurant. One time I went to one for dinner and ordered a tofu dish....the tofu was deep fried!! YUK!!! When I started ETL and used Fitday I was eating between 1500-1700 cals daily. IMO 1000 is too low. Sounds like a busy day for you...that is cool you have a healthy place for dinner. My favorite Vegan/vegetarian restaurant is 2 hours away, but it is so cool knowing you can order about anything on the menu without modifying!

Jacque...I go for the exact same thing when I am emotional! I could eat ton's of chips and salsa. Fitday would be a good idea..congrats on the 60 lb weight loss...looks like you got in some good food yesterday.

Kim...good eating yesterday. The chili is good especially with the Cilantro pesto....that stuff is wonderful...:)

"Cilantro Pesto" ? Is it ready made or is there a recipe somewhere? I use Cilantro in my veggie chilis.

Yesterday I defrosted the precooked barley and made a Paella with it with a few shrimp for my family and red & green peppers, onions and garlic and peas. I just made it the regular way, from a Weight Watchers Cook Book and it was delish.

Today
B- Revival Soy Bar and Banana (post run and on way to an appointment)
S- nada
L- great veggie chili with: corn, red and green peppers, okra, onions & garlic, black beans, pinto beans and tomatoes. All veggies were frozen except tomatoes which were canned.
S- nothing yet, but probably fruit
D- date night therefore seafood~or~cheeseless pizza and a salad, or pasta w/ veggies ans salad (depends on the restaurant) and wine.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hello Everyone:

Breakfast: Quinoa with apple, rice protein powder and rice milk
Snack: yogurt with blueberries and flax seed
Lunch: almond carob smoothie, a peice of toast with some hummas on it
Snack: a builders bar
Dinner: I will probably have some leftover seitan chilli and a huge salad.

Carole: I guess we should look on the bright side chips and salsa are better then candy bars or french fries. Haha

I hope everyone has a nice weekend :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.