Mckmain

Cathlete
Good morning ETLers

Yesterdays menu was this:

B: fruit smoothie
Snack: half a genisoy protein bar
L: Big salad, 1 banana
Snack: other half of the genisoy bar
D: Black Bean Chili with Cilantro pesto from Vegan Planet, steamed broccoli, and a big salad.
Dessert: smoothie split with DH, and 2 See's molasses chips...:)

I have been doing well on getting in my water also, and I do feel alot better..

Judy...I eat quesadilla's on occasion, and love adding some extra stuff! Happy 85th to your Dad. Sounds like a nice GTG. Your menus are looking tasty...:)..that broccoli peanut wrap sounds really good.

Diane...thanks for sharing the pizza ingredients..sounds yummy. I posted this before but when I get low on protein I use some baked tofu squares that I will eat. I get them at my Health food store. I still drink my cup and a half of black coffee each day. That is my only caffeine all day.

Jacque...I will have to try and make my own Seitan. You menu looks good for yesterday.

barb..the Lentil Chard soup is a favorite of mine form Vegan Planet.

Tina...looks like a good eating day for you yesterday!

Maggie...I think when you are ready you will tackle the 6 week plan. Congrats on the new Treadmill!

Carole - I will have to try these baked tofu squares. What section of the store are they in? refrigerated? I don't think I have seen them before. I also found some recipes for baked tofu online that sounded good.

I am continuing to read ETL and it is so eye opening. I feel like I want to share the news with my family so that they can eat this way too, but know some of them would think I was nuts. My mother has the book but hasn't started reading it yet. The whole reason I got this book in the first place was for her. She is very overweight (I think in the obese category) and recently tested for high cholesterol. I have tried several times to help her lose the weight, but it is not something that will happen unless she wants it to. Anyway, if after reading this book that she does not change her diet by at least adding more fruits and veggies, then there is nothing else I can do. This book scares the cr@p out of me and I hope it scares her as well!

Today's menu is a little up in the air, depending on if I have to stay late at work:
B: steel cut oats with blueberries and a clementine
L: some kind of salad, depending on where I go for lunch
D: either a mixed veggie plate at home (baked sweet potato, brocolli, asparagus, tomato, salad, beans) or a veggie burger with side salad at work from a restaurant near my office.

Hey Everyone:

Food For Today:
Breakfast: A handfull of dried fruit and some nuts (overslept in a hurry)
Snack: Grapefruit
Lunch: Curried chickpeas and kale (ended up getting me into one of those's what's that discusion in the lunch room that always ends up in people making fun of me for the way I eat I can not stand those)
Snack: Seitan and a big salad

I do not know what I am having for dinner yet. I am thinking of making chilli or something. I like things that you can make a huge batch of and eat through out the weak can you tell? haha

Hi everyone,

couldn't make it to check in yesterday but am still doing well and it seems everyone else is too.

Menue for today

B - fruit
S - fruit
L - salad
S - fruit
D - veggies and/or salad

Carole - I am glad you are doing well with your water, it really is something I need to work on. I find the more fruit and veggies I eat the less I drink. I guess because they have a high water content.

Jacque - I hate it when people make fun of what I eat too. I wish they would just let it go.

Maggie - Wonderful new about the treadmill. How exciting!

Have a great day everyone.

Kim:)

I thought this was funny. My DH is following the ETL plan with me, though hasn't read the book yet since I am reading it now. He was very reluctant to give up certain things, like chicken and fish, because he feels like he needs a lot of protein because he lifts weights. After I read the part about protein intake from the book to him last night and reassured him he is getting enough, he decided to cut out the meat and just have salmon on his salad a couple times a week, and still eat egg whites a couple times a week. He was VERY curious last night to figure out what kind of vegetarian he was called. He said he was a "fishatarian." :) Anyway, I guess we are more like flexitarians or semi-vegetarians than anything else. I just thought it was cute that he felt the need to make up a name for himself.

Today's lunch ended up being a veggie burger on ww bun with side salad. Tonight's dinner will be the veggie plate. DH is excited, veggie plate is his favorite meal now.

Hi ETL ladies! I hope you don't mind me joining in. I have been busy and don't always have time to post, but I also do ETL and I'd love to join in your group when my schedule lets me. It's great to discuss recipes and food ideas together. I didn't get to stick to the plan too strickly during the holidays, but what I was able to do helped because I still lost a few more pounds! I still have a way to go, but at last I feel like I know how to do it and feel great at the same time.

I did the 6 week plan pretty strictly and lost around 15 lbs. Now I've relaxed just a little (a bit of oil in my salad dressings and more carbs when I want them, and occasional chocolate treats!) but I still try to follow it closely. Lots of salads! My sister and I have recently come up with some delicious salad ideas, so that's very exciting. I have to admit I was getting tired of soooo much salad LOL! I still eat big salads, but not as big and since I've been making my own dressing I absolutely love them. Whew! I was getting a bit worried there.

My biggest challenge now and during the first 6 weeks was the cooked veggies. I don't know why, but they just didn't appeal to me. I was trying to eat steamed veggies with no fat or salt and I hated it! I can do plain raw veggies, but not steamed. I've started trying out some new recipes and that's helped. Now that I eat more carbs, I love having cooked veggies with brown rice. I've recently come up with a very yummy tofu scramble with brown rice, veggies, and nutritional yeast. DH really loves it too. And last night I made the most yummy vegan quiche, from my current favorite cookbook: The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook. Every recipe I've tried has been so good. I used a whole-spelt frozen piecrust (not exactly Fuhrman-approved, but it's really the only source of fat in the recipe), and the filling is mostly pureed white beans! I also added sauteed onions and mushrooms, some steamed broccoli, and some fakin' bacon tempeh. It was so good, and very filling (only about 320 cals/serving).

Today's menu was as follows:

Breakfast: Hot green tea and clementine pre-workout. Post-workout: Smoothie with banana, pineapple, frozen berries, flaxseed, and soy milk

Lunch 1: Salad with mixed veggies from salad bar + my own dressing, 1/2 apple

Lunch 2 (does anyone else eat more than 1 lunch?): Amy's enchilada, rice and beans meal with some jalapenos.

For dinner I'll have a salad and another slice of that yummy quiche.

Keep up the good work everyone! It's so worth it.

Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.