ETL Challenge Thurs 1-11

Mckmain

Cathlete
Good morning ETLer's

Yesterday was a long work day for me so my eating was a bit weird.

B: fruit smoothie
L: Big salad
Snack: genisoy bar
D: (at work) Black Bean Chili, banana and tried some soy jerky (not bad) I also ate a Tofu square.
Dessert: smoothie split with my DH

I just missed my 2nd salad...

Barb...I have never tried amaranth. I would probably like it more with the soy sauce...I have tried Quinoa a few times but never found a recipe I really like using it.

Jacque...looks like a good menu yesterday!

Kim...doesn't it feel good to loose some of those cravings. That is interesting about your nails...:)

Tina...yes, I do usually get hungrier before my period. Also after a long run my appetite increases.

Diane...I don't think you did bad at all yesterday! Eating all the fruit was a good idea. Sorry about the long work day and don't beat yourself up about the brownie. Some days are just out of our control...

HI Carole- You managed well with the long work day!

Last night I made my stand by dinner: sauteed veggies tossed with whole wheat pasta and salad. We eat this weekly with what ever veggies I have picked up and haven't used yet. The family will put feta or parmesean cheese on top. I skip the cheese or use veggie parmesean.

Today:
B- smoothie banana and chocolate lite soy milk, protein powder, flax
L- ? veggie soup with a legume most likely
S- fruit
D- I have some Barley to be creative with. I'll toy around with some recipes, but no mushrooms, DS won't eat them,
S- might try that smoothie from Breakfast w/out the protein and flax. ~or~ just heat up a cup of the lite choc. soy milk (8th continent)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

That banana and chocolate soy milk smoothie sounds awesome. I will have to try that when I get home for a dessert.

I worked until about midnight last night. I am so tired today. Today's menu:

B: steel cut oats with soy milk (didn't have time to grab any fruit today)
L: Sounds like I am going to a chinese place for lunch with some friends. I usually get this chicken and vegetables dish on rice at this place. There are tons of yummy veggies on it. I wonder what they have that is vegetarian??
D: Tonight is margarita pizza night again, DH's favorite. We will have it will some veggies (probably zucchini and something else) and a salad.

I just got back from lunch at the chinese food restaurant. They had a "Vegetable Supreme" which was mixed oriential veggies in some kind of clear white sauce and rice. I didn't eat much of the rice since it was white rice or any of the egg roll (now that was hard!). I am still a bit hungry so I am going to get some hummus and pita bread in a minute, along with some fruit.

Hey everyone....

Yesturday I left my emotional eating get the best of me and had a HUGE serving of chips and homemade salsa. I think I am going to start logging my food into fitday beacause it seems to keep the emotional eating under control. When I lost a bunch of weight before (lost 60 pounds gained 10 back) that is what I did and it seemed to work.

Food so far today:
Breakfast: Quinoa with 2 apples, flax seed and rice milk
Snack: Soy Yogurt with blueberries, a orange
Lunch: Hummas on Ezekial bread and a salad
Snack: An apple and dried fruit
Dinner: probably Chilli made with seitan and a salad

Hi everyone

B - Fruit
S - Fruit
L - oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, soy yogurt
S - Homemade hummus and raw mushrooms
D - Veggies

Carole - your black bean chili sounds good.

Tina - I too get hungrier before my period.

Diane - I also think you did good with your eating yesterday.

Have a great day everyone

Kim:)

I tried the fitday.com website. I put in what I ate today so far and what I plan to eat tonight. It was only a little over 1,000!! Is that enough? I know ETL books says that you can eat that many calories and feel full on this diet, but it just doesn't seem like enough. I think I used to eat more like 2,000-2,500, though I never really counted. However, I haven't been working out as much lately because of work, so haven't been as hungry.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.