Eating Clean Tues. May 29/07

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning ladies!

Well, I think I'll start today *ahem*. Yesterday went downhill very fast after an incredibly stressful afternon at work. I had a massive headache when I got home and my DD was feeling kind of down, so I took us out for dinner.... to the Chinese buffet (it's her fave). Let's just say my stomach hurt when I got home. At least I still go my workout in.

So today is a new day, right?

Plan for today:

B - cereal with sliced banana and soy milk
S - apple and almonds
L - large salad with some kind of protein (probably tuna), orange
S - plain yogurt, granola and berries
D - WW tortilla with homemade hummus and veggies

And LOTS OF WATER to flush out last night's overdose.

Workout is a four mile run and abs.

Hi, Shelley, and all to follow.

I haven't posted much, so I feel like some kind of introduction is in order. My name is Laura and I live in East Africa. It makes consistent internet access something of a challenge, so I've mostly "lurked" and haven't posted frequently. It's frustrating to type out a big message only to lose it all when the internet suddenly clicks off! x(

Also, eating clean poses certain challenges. In some ways it's easier. Unfortunately, Shelley, I can never be sabotaged by a Chinese buffet because I don't have one. But it's hard to find creative, healthy, tasty snacks.

I'm on the RT check-in (the story of how I got on is a miracle, and a great tribute to DH), but I don't feel like I really know anyone else. So, there's my brief little intro. I'm several hours ahead of you, so I'm half-way into my day. I'll post what I've done and the plan for the rest of the day:

pre-workout snack: 1/2 banana (HAVE to eat a little something on am workout days!)
workout: GS-chest and tri (I had heard horror stories about this workout and was scared into being rather conservative on the weights--this being my first time; I think I'll heavy up next time)
breakfast--raisin bran with full cream milk straight from the cow, skimmed as best I can do it at home
snack--other 1/2 of the banana; orange
lunch--tuna sandwich on homemade bread; small tomato with salt; 1/2 cucumber with salt

My plan for the rest of the day:
afternoon snack: apple and 1/4 cup mixed nuts
supper: baked chicken; brown rice; butternut squash (with a little butter and sugar); steamed broccoli

We're heading to the US on furlough in July, and my goal is to lose enough to give me a little wiggle room for all the tasty snacks that will call my name this fall! Hoping this check-in can jump start that. I'm currently at a healthy weight, but it's easy to pack on the pounds on a furlough. The rationale that "I can't always get this" has previously fooled me into eating more than I should.

:9

I look forward to "getting to you" some of you gals this week.

Laura

Good Morning all:

I will also start today...

Shelley: good for you for doing a 4 mile run!

Laura: Nice to have you post... welcome to the check-in

Today so far:

Protein shake after doing Legs & Glutes Standing pre-mix
Oatmeal with ff milk, natural applesauce and flaxseed
snack: lowfat cottage cheese with natural applesauce
Lunch will be chicken on WW, apple and FF milk
snack: apple with stringster
dinner : Not sure yet!

Have a great day all!

Well Shelley!...Kinda happy your day went downhill..LOL cause mine did to! Im not happy that you had a headache and that contributed to it but I was thinking how the HE^^ do I check in today and I have already fell off the wagon?:eek: :) LOL

Anyway, I was suppose to be going to a friends b-day dinner yesterday but I was late getting there. My understanding was that the girls were ordering something healthier while the guys and the kids had pizza. But when I looked for my dinner, ( i was really late) they said it was in the pizza box!:-( So two small slices of pizza for me and a piece of cake. I was far from full so it wasn't that I over ate but just WHAT I ate.
But I did get a good workout in yesterday.2 walks and HSC and a 3 mile run.I know my eating didn't make me gain anything yesterday, the scale was actually down today:)

Laura, welcome! You will enjoy this forum. I understand what you mean about the long post getting lost and I don't even live in East Africa!

Fox, your meals sound good!

So, todays a new day! Good luck to everyone...where is the duct tape anyway? LOL
Lori:)

Oh Shelley, I think the run will take care of the Chinese. I'm using the "today is a new day" mantra myself today. Yesterday was great until last night...BM2 Scrambled Eggs Premix in the am, followed by six hours of gardening (planting trees, shrubs, etc) and ate squeaky clean all day. That was until the ice cream attack last night }(..not one but two scoops UGH!

So, I shall start today. I don't have time to workout this am and have a very long, hard day at work ahead of me (fixing fencing, weed wacking, lots of riding) so that will have to suffice.

B - Spanish egg white omelette and oatmeal with banana
S - Cottage cheese and an apple
L - Salad with tuna, 1 slice of sprouted flaxseed bread with a smear of PB
S - a bite of grilled chicken with strawberry avocado salsa (leftovers that need to be eaten)
D - Chipotle marinated chicken, grilled balsamic veggies with carrot salad for dessert

I refuse to stray from this menu today x( :7 !

Have a great day everyone,
Wendi

Good Morning ~ :)
Would you mind if I joined the Check-in? Boy, do I need it... :)
Sunday was the worst, we went to my BF bosses for a picnic, & boy did I EAT! I felt sooo sick afterwards.

Had all my meals planned for today. I follow Body For Life. This is my first Challenge, Week 5, Day 3... I am failing BIG TIME :(

This is my menu for today;

B ~ 3 Egg Whites/1Whole Egg w/ Turkey Bacon & F/F Cheese, W/W Toast -
Instead I decided to stop at Wawa and have coffee (extra Irish Creme :9), and a creme filled doughnut :(
S ~ Cottage cheese w/ Yoplait Van. Yogurt
L ~ Fish, Brown Rice, & Broccoli
S ~ Apple w/ Natural PB
D ~ Chicken Breast, Salad, & Potato

Took an extra rest day off of work today...BAD, BAD
My stomach was turning flip-flops this morning, plus I didn't get much sleep, so I thought a day off was in order!

Just dropped my son & Daughter off at school. My Daughter (Amber) has a field trip today to Dorney Park...Calling for nice weather, so that's a plus..:)

I am planning on starting FitnessFreak's - "One Body Part a Day." rotation. I believe today calls for GS Chest/PH Chest.

Hope you all have a Great Day :)

Take Care-

Shelly ~ Oh, YUM Chinese. I told my BF just yesterday I was planning on have some over the weekend, never happened. Hopefully this weekend :)
4-mile run, Sounds great. I'm lucky I can punch out 2.5 miles on the treadmill, and sometimes I need to stop and walk. I guess practice, makes perfect.. Do you do any of the Cardio Coach's? I was looking into these last night. The music on them doesn't sound great, but I would still love to try them. My only problem, I don't own a MP3 or Ipod. Can I purchase a CD?
Is Itrain better?

Laura ~ Welcome, I'm new also to the Check-in.

Fox ~ Your menu looks good. How was the L&G premix? This is one of my favorite leg workouts. Yesterday I did the 45 min premix to Cardio Fusion. WOW ~ It's hard now, our central air decided it didn't want to work anymore this weekend.. :(

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

1007_10008384356.gif

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

Wendi ~ I wouldn't worry so much about the 2 scoops of Ice cream, especially after doing BM2 Scrambled Eggs :eek:
I don't have this DVD yet, but heard some horror stories about it....All good of course :)
You meal plan looks great!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

1007_10008384356.gif

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

OH! I'm in for this again. Water galore today, to get the bloating to go AWAY! LOL

This morning was Drill Max, followed bya yogurt and a banana. Here's how I have planned the rest of the day:

B: banana and yogurt
S: apple
L: fried cabbage with whole wheat pasta YUM!
D: baked eggplant parm

And GALLONS of water!

Gayle

Hello All

I'm doing okay apart from my weakness for skimmed milk. I just love the stuff and can't help drinking about 3 pints of it a day. I've tried replacing it with water, but its hard.

B: Two slices of rye bread and PB.
Snack: Whey Protein Shake with water after workout.
L: Salad, weight watchers quiche & jacket potato. Cherries, grapes, strawberries and non fat yoghurt.
S: Orange, Special K bar.
D: Cottage Cheese & Oat Cakes.
Water and I'll try and reduce milk intake.

Good Luck to us all.
Have a great day everybody.

Oh PS I did PUB, abs from butts and gutts and walked the dogs.
Laura
:)

G'morning all. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone a little better, too.
I can't post a menu plan for the day, I have commitment issues. Yesterday ended on a good note. I went out to dinner and had a really nice salad w/ sprouts and dk green leafies and tuna and a smallish portion of not clean eating appetizer. I worked some of it off a little later on.}(
So far today
B = bite of protein bar and banana w/ natural PB
Work out should be Abs and a Cardio blast premix from one of the new DVDs.
I still have DOMS from Power Hour Squats and Lunges on Sunday, I upped the wt from what I had been doing.
Shelley, you have my sympathies re Chinese buffet, that is a challenging situation. And hats off to anyone who can pass up cake.
Have a great day, be back later.

Well, I didn't do too terribly y'day, especially since it was a holiday! I've resisted those huge Sam's club cookies that my MIL sent home for the kids! ;-)

Here's my start & plan so far:

Wake up snack ~ Yogurt, scoop of cott. cheese, pinch of walnuts, cinnamon

Post workout (P90X B & B + ARX) ~ Usual oatmeal (posted y'day my fixins for oatmeal)

Lunch ~ Salad w/ lots of veggies, some sort of protein, & light vinaigrette

Snack ~ Not sure yet

Dinner ~ Chicken breast on the grill, and some veggies & another side

Good job everyone! Shelly ~ I have a terrible time w/ Chinese buffet too. It's all sooo good & I end up feeling terrible later! (plus MSG can trigger a migraine for me, not good!)

You guys are all good, planning out the menu for the day!

I'm not sure what I'm eating later, but so far today for a before workout snack I had a 1/2 whole wheat wrap spread with a mixture of npb & tofu (processed in food processor) and sprinkled with dates.

After workout , 50 minutes of step, I made an egg beater veggie omelet, bursting with spinach and mushrooms. mmmmm

Lots of water already and I'll continue through the day.

Is brewed non-sweetened ice tea considered clean?

So far, so good. Everyone is starting out strong!
050208_10008324294.gif

Hi to everyone, and can I join in this challenge too! :) I will be starting today, because yesterday, and actually all weekend, was just horrid. Shelley, like you I also had Chinese food. :( It was good, but today of course is payback. x(

M#1: 1 egg/ 2 egg whites / 1 slice turkey bacon / 2 WW Waffles
M#2: Kashi Autumn Wheat Cereal / Strawberries / FF Milk
M#3: We are having pizza for my bosses 30 year anniversary. I'm hoping for a veggie pizza to show up.
M#4: Protien Bar / Apple
M#5: Still up in the air. But will probably be something quick like a turkey on WW, and a veggie.

Fluids: Of course I have had my two cups of coffee, and I will have 1 cup of green tea some time today. Otherwise it will be water, water, water...:)

Workout: YogaX and a volleyball game.

Laurie

Good morning to all :) i SO need this challenge. i had a "party like a rock star" holiday weekend and i am paying for it now x(

menu for today is:

b - two slices of sprouted ww bread w/pb
s - banana
l - yogurt and a protein bar
s - apple and some sunflower seeds
d - whole grain pasta salad with tuna

butts and guts is on the agenda, but i have a jam packed day unfortunately, so i'm going to have to play it by ear.

Well my workout is completed but I seriously need to make a shopping list and buy foods that are 'clean', not much in my pantry :(

Anyway so far today this is what I've eatten so far:

2 cups black coffee with 1 cup lite plain soy milk
1 multi grain rice cake
1 tsp. peanut butter
(I don't think the above is considered clean but I need something before my workouts as I don't eat a breakfast until an hour or 2 after my workouts)

I have had 32 oz of water so far and plan on another 64oz - 92 oz by the end of the day.

snackage will be apples as I do have that here

mid day will be tuna salad minus the mayo

dinner not sure maybe baked chicken tenderloins with tons of veggies.

Hey everyone,

Glad to know I was not the only one who fell off the wagon yesterday!
I did so great yesterday until last night darn it!
My DH is out of town, and I am getting a bad cold and must have felt sorry for myself or something cause I broke out the "Light" potato chips and then ate a few Cool Ranch Dorito's! ;( Plus gave into another few tablespoons of peanut butter...
Not the end of the world, but still....oh well, today is a new day.

Plan of attack for today:

AM: GS Legs-one of the premixes, I am feeling a little stuffed up, and low on energy

B-either 2 cups of mixed berries with some Splenda or a 4 egg white omlette with spinach and lowfat cheese

S-Whatever I didn't choose for breakfast plus 2 tablespoons peanut butter-I just have to have it everyday!!

L-tuna in water mixed with broccoli sprouts, fat flush tortilla

S-not sure but maybe some berries

D-asparagus, green beans with lowfat ranch dressing, maybe a piece of salmon

herbal tea instead of my usual white wine tonight and lots and lots of water!!

-:)

Hi Everyone,

Your meal plans sound yummy! I don't have time this morning to post my plan. So far, things have been going well! I'll be back later. I hope everyone has a great day!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi Ladies!

I hope you don't mind me chiming in. I'll like to join. I usually do very well w/eating clean Mon-Fri but come the weekend is where I do the most damage. I'm hoping that this will keep me clean 7 days & get the results I want. This is today's meals:

Meal 1: multigrain pancake w/1 Tbsp Wonder peanut butter (woke up late & this was all I had time for)x(
Meal 2: oatmeal w/4 eggwhites + coffee
Meal 3: steak/brown rice/asparagus
Meal 4: chicken/broccoli & cauliflower
Meal 5: scallops & salad

Will up my water intake today too. Did a lot of gardening yesterday & my lower back is feeling twingy today. I'll probably give it a rest or if feeling better tonight will do cardio perhaps Step Blast. I haven't done this one in a long time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Kathy:D

Hi all! I sure hope I do better with this clean eating challenge than the last one! I just got back from a vacation, so this couldn't come at a better time. I was in North eastern Washington, visting my sister and BIL. We had a wonderful week of hiking, sightseeing, and yes, eating. We were so busy, there was little snacking though, which is why I didn't gain much more than a pound or two. And that I blame on the wine and beer. I had lots of delicious salmon and halibut, so even though I ate a lot, it wasn't too bad.

I don't have a menu planned for today yet. I have to get to the store and pick up fresh fruit and veggies. I had a couple slices of toast with almond butter for breakfast and will probably have some yougart for lunch. And lots of water.

I wish you all well with your menus!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.