++Early Risers: Wednesday++

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Wow the wind here is unbeliveable! up to 62 miles per hour, and 17,000 homes without power right now. Things are flying around and hitting the house, The dogs are going crazy!

I got up a 4:00 am and did an I-Tread.

Deanie:
oh no, not strep!:-( I hope you feel better and the Dr finds out it is just a regular sore throat.

Beavs:
Keep it up.. the cardio does get easier too!

Jill:
You will be with the rest of us working out in the middle of the night!

Karin:
Wow, sounds like you had a good trip! snoe shoeing has to be one of the best cardio workouts.

Have a great day to all that join!

Deb;-)

Deb...4:00am???!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: You go girl!

I did Cardio Coach at the new gym at 5:30. I was sucking a bit of wind but it was great nonetheless.

Deanie: I am so sorry to hear you have strep. Rest!!

Karin: Snowshoeing...I'm jealous. My SO was going to buy me shoes but I told him forget it unless he plans to join me. Snowshoeing alone would be no fun!

Jill: You must be hanging out with Deb :eek: ;-)

Deb, 62 mph, OMG! DH and I bought a house this past year and the weekend after we moved in we had 80 mph winds and it blew down huge parts of our neighbors tree. It landed about 3 ft from our house :eek: . I feel for you. I hate it when it is windy. You just never know what is going to happen. Stay safe.

Beavs, which CC did you do and on which machine? I love CC and I usually do them on the bike or the elliptical. Also, snowshoeing was amazing. I will put up my pics when I get back, although they don't do what we saw justice. My DH will go snowshoeing with me maybe once every 2 years. I don't think it is exciting enough for him :). I agree that snowshoeing alone would be no fun. Plus, I would be freaked out too. I don't like to go hiking/snowshoeing by myself.

Jill, does your internship start tomorrow? I hope that your first day is great. Are you going to enjoy your last day off? Is your DH feeling better?

Deanie, I hope you are feeling better and that you got some meds. Take care of yourself.

Today we have a workshop at 2:30 so no playing outside for me today. I am going to do a little bit of shopping and try to get a workout in at the gym on the elliptical. I hope that I am not as hungry today as yesterday. I was so ravenous after snowshoeing that I ate quite a bit last night.

Karin...right now I have CC VOl 3 and 5 that I do on the elliptical. I like the elliptical because I can run without the impact. If I run on a treadmill I always end up with a painful "stitch" in my side. I'll getting my hands on a few more CC's soon :D

Hi all-

No workout for me today:( and it is sooo hard not to go downstairs right now and workout, but I know I shouldn't!!!!x( No workout yesterday either- yes, it was strep! and a fever and a sinus infection!!!:+ When I get sick, I really do it up!!LOL

Karin- It sounds like you are enjoying your business trip! thats good. I never did snowshoeing, but I love cross country skiing. Are they similar?

Beavs- I'm glad you like the cardio coaches. I have a love/hate relationship with my elliptical!

Deb- I hope things have calmed down for you(62mph winds) and there was no damage to your house. I will be up tomorrow at 4:30 thinking of you- you will already be up:)

Thanks for all your well wishes!
Deanie

Karin, my internship does start tomorrow...well, the labwork part, anyway. I'll be doing the soil analysis at CSU. Class starts on Monday for me and will be MWF and on TR I will do my internship at the PLC. I'm really looking forward to getting this lab experience! Now I just need to get my geomorphology notes back from a friend because I need to review the information on soils and soil horizons because I think it will help me with the internship. I was running around like crazy today trying to get things done...tonight I'm going to have to pack a bunch of things for a cooler so I have several meals for tomorrow while I'm out.

DH is finally feeling better, which is great...he was sick for several days! Oh, and I think I may be scarce on the early risers thread now...things have switched up for me with my workouts and now I am going to work out around 4pm for a little while. Twice a week I will have a friend coming over to work out with me, which will help keep me going at that time. I think I just got super-spoiled with being able to get up at 6:30 or so, eat breakfast, and then work out at 8:30 after DD went to school...but no more! I'll be back to the early risers at some point, though!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.