Early Risers {{Wednesday}}

fox2star

Cathlete
Hi everyone..

Just wanted to start the thread for today.. I did Gym STyles Back, Shoulders & Biceps today...

BBL

Deb:)

Good Morning Deb and all who come after!

Today was Back and bicep and I did 4DS kickbox abs (ran out of time for ARX)

Deb~ similar workouts today!:) Hope you had a good one!

Beavs~ Funny, I never pay attention to the music. with Tony or Cathe, I know its there, I just don't hear it. I actually like Tony, I think he's a crack up!:7

Jill~ Hope you had a great workout!

Karin~ Thanks for the dvd info on spinning. We do have a spinning bike at home my DH uses. I will have to ask him, we were so busy with the kids and DH has a class on Tues. I totally forgot to mention it! Hope you had a fun workout today!

Deanie

eta: do you guys use protein powder? I bought BSN lean dessert, banana nut bread and have been using it the last two weeks. I don't use the whole scoop they give though, I've been using only a TBSP full. Once I did the whole scoop and was full for 6 hours!!! I eat every 3ish hours. Do you think it matters how much you use?

Hi All! I met with my personal trainer last night and we adjusted my rotation, so today was Cardio Coach with abs. I better get to bed early tonight as tomorrow's gym visit requires me to lift heavy. Zoiks!

Deanie: I use protein powder, mainly because it is a convenient protein add on to my breakfast cereal that I eat at work (if I'm at home I will eat egg whites or protein pancakes and skip the powder). I use my portion of milk and a scoop of powder. I prefer to eat three meals a day (I never feel satiated snacking on little meals all the time, not to mention it is interruption to my work!) One of things I have been learning from my trainer is that diet and exercise are not one size fits all. Eating little meals all day works for some, but not for me and I am finally realizing there is no need to fight it anymore. So, you have to do what works for you.

I didn't get up early to do my workout today. I was really tired. Today is a core/yoga/stretch/ballet day, basically I can do whatever I feel like. I think that I am going to try to get on the bike for 20 min and then do the core and foam roller section of Fitness Fix Intermediate. I also might add in some knee PT exercises. I do have some lovely DOMs from yesterday's workout so I am excited about that.

I do use protein powder sometimes. I had tasted many brands that I thought were awful and finally found Whey Gourmet and the BSN Lean Dessert. The Whey Gourmet brand tastes better to me but it doesn't really fill me up that much, so I don't use it a lot. The BSN is so dense, Deanie I too was stuffed for like 4 hours, which really never happens too me. I just keep the protein powder around for when I need something quick or feel like having a milkshake :). For some reason I can't get it to work into my daily food intake.

I also had my weigh-in today. I was down 2.5 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm not going to lie, I was a bit disappointed, but the scale is moving the correct direction and I feel better so that's really all that matters. Also, I guess considering I had to eat fast food a bit last week and was away at a conference that I did pretty well.

Beavs, did you just start with your PT or have you been using him/her for awhile? Do you do most of your cardio at the gym or does it just depend?

Deanie and Deb, great work on your backs and biceps :7

Karin: This was my second meeting with my PT. In both session we just talked, but these talks have been very helpful in determining the best course of action for me. I do cardio at home (step, kickbox, etc) but do my cardio coaches at the gym since I don't have an elliptical/bike/treadmill at home. I've done almost all of my weight work at home but since I need to go heavier, particulary with legs, I will be using the machines to torture myself.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.