Drenched Peep

jloewe

Cathlete
Hey, Ellie...did it come down yesterday or what!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a whole lot planned today, other than my power walk/jog later on, I have to work later this evening.

Hi to all peeps to follow!

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Happy Friday! I have been working late this week, and I am so looking forward to the weekend. I worked late last night and did not get to the club. I can enjoy my water workout tonight or tomorrow morning. This time of year is so stressful at work. The good news is that I do not have time to overeat. LOL! The bad news is that I finally scheduled an appointment with my doctor for an annual exam that is way overdue. He is not going to be happy when he sees what I weigh (which is a lot more than I weighed the last time he was not happy with my weight). Between the pain in my feet and not being able to keep up with all the long and intense workouts and my relapse with binge eating in June, I lost a lot of ground this year in the war against food addiction and obesity. I am still standing, and I am not giving up on myself! Hope is rising up within me, and I am mentally preparing myself to take another run at this.

Ellie, I hope you treasure the time with your mother. Does she live in another state? I had a wonderful water aerobics teacher who moved to Tennessee in May. I miss her! I am on my own in the pool now unless my friend joins me. I listen to music or do Cardio Coach in the pool. I jog for steady state aerobics, sprint across the pool for sprints, and climb up and down the step for hills. The pool at the club is 4 feet deep. Running through 4 feet of water provides a lot of resistance. Some of Cathe’s high impact moves are a blast in the pool! I enjoy jumping jacks, bunny hops, ski hops, cross-country skiing, skipping, and jumping without impact because the water supports my weight. Rachel taught a class that I called Aqua Max because it was like Drill Max in the pool. I love Cathe’s blasts on a rebounder too (especially the Kick Max blast challenge)! I am a Nike girl all the way! Have fun shoe shopping this weekend!

Wendy, babies are gifts from God. Your little one is extra special. She made it through that high-risk pregnancy and delivery. God has a purpose for her. I can only imagine the joy she is bringing to your mother after the heartbreak of losing her husband. Kick that guilt to the curb! You are sharing your precious little one with your mother. What a blessing! As one who spent my childhood in Grandma’s "daycare" after my father left, I can testify that it is a blessing for both the grandchild and the grandparent(s) to spend that much time together. I am praying that your mother will break free from her shell and fulfill her destiny on this earth.

Jerry, I love Cathe’s circuit workouts. Check with your doctor about this, but I am pretty sure you can still do Muscle Max. If you pause between each body part and add your favorite cardio, it would be a circuit workout. Cathe does not lift any heavier in Muscle Max than she does in her circuit workouts. You are wise to listen to your body!

Karin, I love Step, Jump, & Pump and IMAX2! Fun, fun, fun!

Dani, I read your post last night and prayed for you. I am sorry you were feeling down last night and hope you feel better today. Hugs!

Hugs and waves to JJ, Laura (if you peep in), Vilma, and any other Peeps who visit today. Have a fun and blessed Friday!

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
Guten Morgen, My Fellow Peeps! :)

I overslept this morning, but will do some kind of cardio after Houdini turns in for the night. I'm thinking 4DS LIS, perhaps. I wanted to do 4DS Boot Camp but I don't know if I have the energy for that at night, LOL!

Jerry--Oh, Jerry! The Big D really stands for BIG DRAMA. TO is now fighting with Tony Romo and it went public yesterday...Apparently Cowboys WRs TO, Patrick Creighton and Roy Williams all went to see Jason Garrett and complain that Romo was not throwing to them enough. Then TO claimed Romo is throwing more to TE Jason Whitten because Romo is good friends with him...then we have BIG DRAMA with the Dallas Stars because everyone on the team has come out and said they HATE Sean Avery (gee, why? LOL.) and want him OFF the team...And both teams are spiraling out of control. Your Eagles should beat us. (Did you know down here, on sports talk, one host calls them the "Dreaded and Feared"? HA! They are now, after this circus has erupted...)

Heather--I know you can accomplish your goals!! You took the first step--you are being honest about what has happened this past year and facing it. That is BRAVE and a HUGE STEP FOR MEETING YOUR GOALS! This tells me you are ready to get back on the bandwagon to good health! And we are all here to help you take another run at this and stay on the track!!! This weekend, I'm going to give you some veggie recipes to try. Do you enjoy salads? I have some awesome salads that are a great way to get in a lot of different vegetables and vitamins and are really easy to prepare. I also have some fantastic soups that are chock full of good veggies, too. Let me know what you think!!

Also, your words about Houdini brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for saying that. Guilt officially kicked to the curb now!!

BBL!
:) Wendy

Hiya Peeps:

Sorry I didn't check back in yesterday but I on a shopping mission and luckily made a huge dent in my gift list:) I even bought myself something thanks to the enablers here....I got AOS Providence for 20% off! I'm hoping they put Newport on sale too because I want that one also. DH and I don't exchange but we fill each others stocking so if I want something, I just buy it myself.

Jerry~ Thanks for getting us going this morning. Hope you are drying out. We are supposed to get a winter storm on Sunday which is DS's 21st birthday and he is bumming out that we might be stuck at home.

Heather~ Hugs to you.....I dread those annual dr. visit too! Your water workouts sound fun. We have a pool and running against all that water is hard!

Ellie~ Enjoy your visit with your mom. How nice to have someone else get up when the "rooster" crows;) Did you get new sneakers yesterday?

Vilma~ You are inspiring me to drink more water! Can I count coffee and tea toward my total intake or just plain water? I don't mind water but sometimes it is hard to drink cold things in the winter.

Wendy~ Glad to hear your check-up went well. I wish my weight was where I want it to be:eek:

Karin~ How do you like the iClimbs? I have a couple but I always seem to go for CC or iTrains. Must be Sean's dreamy voice;)

Dani~ Sorry you were feeling down yesterday. I hope today looks brighter for you. Hugs!

Hi to all other Peeps........have a great day!

JJ

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Good afternoon! I am peeping in during my lunch hour.

Wendy, thank you for the support and encouragement! I have actually made more progress than I give myself credit for since embracing the veggie challenge earlier this year. Before I started my fitness journey, the only veggies I ate on a regular basis were white potatoes (preferably mashed with lots of butter!), iceberg lettuce, and cucumbers. I am not kidding! A "salad" was iceberg lettuce, cucumber slices, boiled eggs, cheese, cheese, and more cheese plus croutons swimming in French or Catalina dressing. My beloved Southern grandmother fixed veggies that were swimming in butter and cheese, so I gave up veggies when I started trying to lose weight! I read Dr. Fuhrman’s Eat for Health this year and was inspired to embrace the veggie challenge again. I love salads! I discovered some yummy salads at Panera Bread that I learned to fix at home. My favorite salad is spring mix, baby spinach, raw walnuts, and feta cheese with Annie’s organic lite raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Yummy! I also like romaine and iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, radishes, red cabbage, broccoli, and carrots in salad.

I like celery with natural peanut butter or salsa and raw broccoli or baby carrots dipped in garlic hummus. I also like steamed broccoli and cauliflower and extra fine green beans and kale. I love starchy veggies like white potatoes and corn. I love lima beans too (and pinto beans and kidney beans, but they are not veggies).

I am not a total veggie-phobe anymore! So what is my problem? Fall and winter! I love and crave salads and raw veggies in the spring and summer. When it is cold and dark, I crave warm comfort food. There are not many cooked veggies that I like. I am missing my daily salads, so I would love to see your favorites. The only soup I like is cheesy potato soup (or chicken noodle soup when I have a cold). LOL! I have a microwave oven at work where I can try your baked sweet potato. I would love to learn how to cook squash too. Grandma dipped that in flour and fried it!

I am allergic to mushrooms and do not like onions or tomatoes. I do not like anything that is bitter or anything with a mushy or slimy texture. Fried okra is good! Boiled okra is nasty! Texture and "mouth feel" are important to me. Nothing exotic or creepy looking please. I am not a fan of dark green and prefer bright and vibrant colors. I am visual and like to add a touch of color to my salads. I taste with my eyes as much as my taste buds! Oh, I do not like to cook or eat anything that is stinks up my kitchen! Your mission if you choose to accept it is to help me find more veggie dishes that look, smell, and taste good!

JJ, what are your favorite Cardio Coach workouts? I love Volume 3. Is Volume 2 similar? That one is calling my name for some reason. Which one has the most encouragement and inspiration from Coach Sean? I have been told that he talks more on some volumes. I like to hear him talk!

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

I was too busy building tha ark yesterday to get back here. We got 3 inches of really heavy and windy rain, of course while I was taking the boys to the doctors (allergist). I was soaked thru to the skin. They of course were perfectly dry with their little Batman and Robin umbrellas!!!!

JJ- I am going shopping this Sunday with jerry, Phyllis and a few other tri-staters. Well actually we are going to lunch, but they won't mind helping me find new sneaks!!!! I hope.
I really have not been happy with my Rykas. Kinda mad because I paid so much for them.
My mom lives in Delaware. She's retired and in her 70's. It's hard for her to make the 2 hour trip too often. And hard for me with the kids.

Heather- I can't even imagine your journey. It must be so difficult. Our society is so hard on people concerning their size. I think it makes you feel worse and hence eat more. I know when my stressors hit, I have other bad habits that I resort to. And then I get mad at myself and then I do it again. It can be a viscious cycle. BUT you are aware and you are trying. That's wonderful. Keep up the good work. Just strive to be Healthy.

Wendy- reading your post was Chinese to me. I have no sports knowledge whatsoever. When I watch a football game, I cringe everytime someone gets tackled. That has to hurt!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Karin, Vilma, Dani- where are you lovely ladies????
Probably doing a workout like I should be doing huh???

ellie

Hi Peep-olas!

TGIF! couldn't have come soon enough for me! I'm looking forward to just hanging around the house, in my fuzzy slippers and fleece and hot chocolate with marshmallows... doesn't quite sound as clean and tidy when you say it as it feels in my head does it?! May have to work on a modification for that!

Anyway, thanks for all the hugs and prayers... yesterday was definately a rough one for me, but feeling better after a discussion with management this morning... Stupid Managers anyway! If it weren't for them, I'm quite sure that all the woes of the office would simply fade away and the rest of us would figure out a way to get things done without them!

Jerry: Enjoy your wog (walk/jog) and don't work to hard at the job! :)
don't forget your umbrella!

Ellie: hope you had some quality time with your mom! how long will she be staying? I can't do family stays for more than a few days these days... sad I know, but I just can't... My father is driving me nuts these days wanting to borrow money and I am so sick of having to dodge his calls... I feel bad saying stuff like that because he is all alone (by choice) and lives in the boonies and is physically challenged by the aftermath of a botched back surgery and years of neglected diabetis, yet I somehow feel less than sorry for him. I also lived with my grandparents because my mom was divorced when I was a little over a year old, so I know now much I enjoyed having my grandparents to lean on and take care of me, and as I got older SO looked forward to their visits and cried when they would leave...

Heather: thanks for the prayers ~ they do help tremendously! Good luck at the Dr's... I went wednesday and didn't especially like the scale either! I think if it was easy to lose weight, none of us would be here on this forum, so it's actually a blessing AND a curse! but we will persevere and become Victorious some day! Just hope it is soon! :)

Wendy: don't be too hard on yourself for oversleeping! it happens, well for some of us... I, on the other hand, would give my right arm (well in theory anyway) to get to sleep in just once ~ even on a work day! I am up before DH's alarm most mornings (including the weekends) by 3:45, so I try to get to bed a bit earlier than I have ever before... what really sucks though is that the stupid DVR only will record two shows at once, and you actually have to WATCH one! how dumb is that??? oh, and as for the "Days of our Dallas" I just kept telling DH that it was only a matter of time before TO turned on Romo! He's such a cute kid, how could anyone get mad at him! :p but unfortunately TO is such a !#$%^!$%^%^.... sorry, he can play ball, but his manners and temperment... Honeymoon's over!

JJ: good job on your shopping list! I wish I HAD a shopping list... we decided not to do gifts this year for eachother, so only have parents and siblings... and most of that's easy... $$$ and home made smoked salmon jerky! Yummy.. and I don't even like Salmon!

Vilma: I'm tryin' the water thing today... have managed to drink almost one whole bottle! 16.9 fluid oz! lol! Had to get in that .9, right! I have had to pee twice in the last hour though! might have been holding onto it because of the salty cashews I ate last night though...

Karin: hope you are having a great day, too! I read posts last night, but forgot what everyone said, and forgot to review before starting to post today... but thanks for your concern and hugs for yesterday! :)

did we lose Laura from Uganda? haven't seen her around for awhile!

enjoy the day Peeps!!!

Hi everyone! I'm here!!! I just managed to dig my way out of a bunch of work and have a moment to goof off. I don't have time for personals but will be very thorough this weekend and catch up with y'all :eek:

Last night I went to a pilates class at the gym and did 45 min on the TM. It was a pretty good workout, but again I wasn't into it :rolleyes:. I think I am just stressed out with work and the holidays and feel like I have too much going on. At least I did it though.

I just have one more thing to say...

I LOVE FRIDAYS!!!!

Heather...My wife just started water aerobics, and really enjoys it, and that makes me happy because I really want her to stick with an exercise program, and I know she enjoys swimming

Wendy...I truly believe TO has a mental problem, not kidding, for him to think that Romo is favoring Whitten just because they are friends...there is a screw loose somewhere. I really want it to come down to that final game for a playoof birth, that would be fun, though I truly believe Dallas is the better team, but they may have imploded by then, we'll get a good reading Sunday night against the G-Men...Funny thing..(well, maybe not as funny as it is sad..my two favorite teams are responsible for the Bengals lone win (Jags) and tie (Eagles)...yuck.

JJ--hoping the storm misses you!!

Ellie....new shoes can make a world of difference...Diane loves her Ryka's, but everyone is different...I have no problem tagging along on your sneaker quest Sunday!

Dani...I like that!!! A Wog!! Had a great 5 mile wog today, I am so loving jogging right now, and cannot wait for late spring and summer to get outside with my Ipod Shuffle that better be under my tree Christmas morning!

Karin...any workout is better than no workout...I had a lousy workout yesterday during Kick Max...just couldn't find the energy, but a few hours later I found myself happy that I accomplished what I did.

Take care!

Workout update

I did 20 min on the TM and

sled squats
lat pulldowns
leg extensions
chest presses
calf raises
seated rows
hamstring extensions
tricep pulldowns
smith machine lunges

My legs hurt :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.