DO WHAT YOU WANT! JUST GET IT DONE!" for April 4, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Last night I did disc 12:mad: What a mistake:mad: I try to do things to fast too soon:rolleyes: I was so stuffed up last night, couldn't breath again. DH told me yesterday to take a rest day, but I wouldn't listen:mad: Wished I did! Well, today is a cardio day, I will take my dogs for a nice walk. I miss doing CC's:rolleyes:, I think I will listen to my body and wait until next week!

We got beautiful weather:eek: Summer is coming! Today DH and I will visit my sisters in Nuernberg. We will stay until Sunday:D Not sure if I can start us off?

Heidi, Stephanie and Jay where are you?

Have a great weekend.

Morning

im still sick...so aggravating,i miss my workouts. So far this week i have managed two workouts and thats it:mad:. I may see if I get an appoitment with one of the doctors I work for, my favorite doc is in the office today...mmmm,I wonder if i get a discount:p;)

so,no workout today:( My body is going through enough crap already...i
won't put it through the recovery of a workout!:(

Belinda-Yes,please listen to your DH and take some days off...I think thats what caused my cold to come back in full force,I did a workout wednesday(i did a cardio coach) and the next day i woke up feeling awful agian. I may be taking the rest of the weekend off:(. Which means i have to really watch what i eat. Im reading two books to keep my mind off food for the weekend:rolleyes:. Enjoy your dog walk today! I hope you feel better and enjoy your weekend with your sister,sounds like fun!

Hey to everybody that follows! bbl

I hope I don't catch anything from you two from hanging out in this discussion area! What is up with you two? I suppose when it gets warmer the germs unthaw and are easier to catch? Hmmm....

Anyway - we've been in the basement ALL weekend. I am NOT complaining though - we are getting alot done. Still so far away though with all of the little details. sigh. I did manage Cardio Fusion Premix #2 this afternoon and also the STS Medicine Ball Abs w/ partner. My back hurts, my neck hurts...I'm tired and hungry. I'm such a complainer.

Tomorrow is a rest day for me - except I will be painting all day I'm sure...

Goodnight everyone!

Good morning to you all,

Well I wish it was a better morning for Belinda and Amelia. Wishing you both well soon!
My DS is also suffering from a headcold. This changing weather from snow,rain and higher temps to low is not helping anyone! Take Care you two! :)

Sorry I have been having a hectic week here. I moved my DD to a new apartment in Cambridge on thurs. Have been busy with the accountant, work and the usual run around all week. Haven't really been getting in my workouts either.

Yesterday, late mind you...I did an icycle #7 20min and a stretch from Total body "basic".

Today I did a 3 mile run on the TM, abs from PH and that stretch again. The stretch feels really good on my hamstring that I have been having trouble with lately.

I signed up out of the blue for a race in Ipswich MA. Chase the Gorilla down Argilla 5K road race. You can check it out at: www.northshoreymca.org

Karen: You must be sore all over from working in the basement! You are so close to being done you must be very excited!
Great job on your workouta! Enjoy your rest day.

Hello to Steph and Jay!

Take Care everyone!
Heidi

Last edited:
Morning

Heidi-Your race isn't very far away! Good for you! I checked it out and it looks like there is a race every weekend in april. I found a local advertisment magazine and i can't believe all the 5k's that are coming in the upcoming months:eek: the only problem is that there all on saturdays,the one day i work:rolleyes:. there is one in may and septemember i plan on being int:eek::eek:. Im getting really excited about the one coming up this saturday...kinda nervous, how do you train the week before a race? Great job with your workout!!!!

Hey to everybody, today is a cardio coach on the TM then powerhour. I plan to burn close to 600cals today to make up for yesterdays cheat meal(it ended up being a cheat half day:rolleyes:) Ive still got some stuffiness but i don't care....im kicking but and taking charge of my workouts;)

bbl

ETA- I just realized that this is yesterdays thread...guess it will become todays thread too. Maybe we should start making a weekend thread....

Last edited:
Amelia:I am excited for you that your race is coming next weekend! :)
It is sunday?

I was noticing the samething about these races in my area. I don't think DH would be too happy if I went to a race every weekend! ;) There are some good ones for 5miles that I am interested in. ;)

I too am nervous about the race. I haven't done any of my running outside yet! Have you? What have you been doing for your training thus far? Are you following a 5K training schedule?

My week before the race I plan on:
sun: short easy run
Mon: warmup, 3X 800 at my race pace
tues: rest
weds: 30min easy run
thurs: 20min warmup run, 4X30sec strides with 2min recovery walks in-between
fri: rest stretch
sat: race

Have fun with your butt kicking workout! ;)

BBL
Heidi

Hey guys! I only have a second but wanted to chime in to Amelia...I am so happy you are running the race this weekend! Are you running it with someone?

I ran my first one April 2008. Here are my thoughts from last year.

First and foremost, GO TO THE BATHROOM! Head there as close to the start time of the race, just don't miss that gun!

I was extremely nervous. About 1-2 minutes into the race I gathered my thoughts and forgot all about being nervous.

It is truly a "high". The volunteers on the sidelines pump you up too. Go at your own pace, forget about the people who look like they can finish the race in record time. They have been running a lot longer than most people out there and most likely they are running as training for marathons and triathlons. There are people out there in all shapes and ages.

I echo Heidi's plan. Make sure you do a long stretch the day before.

Here is a link to active.com (I love this site) on 5 Pre-Race Nutrition Mistakes to Avoid:

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/5_Pre-Race_Nutrition_Mistakes_to_Avoid.htm

Here's another link:
http://www.active.com/running/Articles/How_to_Taper_for_Your_Road_Race.htm

You didn't ask for my advice so please don't think I am butting in!

We will all be there to cheer you on!

GO AMELIA GO!!! :D

Heidi, you have a 5k for 2 weeks! GO HEIDI GO! I love the title of that race! Too funny! I am sure you will do (pumping my arms) "AWESOME"...

Last edited:
Hey girls! Finished my workout...well some of it, i had a suprise babysitting event come my way. My sister didn't have anyone to watch my niece so...she is in the floor right now playing with my kids,she is so adorable! I did manage to get in CC V 3 plus 10mins of running(made it to 2.5miles,better than nothing) then i did my own condensed version version of a full body workout:rolleyes:.

Heidi-i haven't really thought about the workouts im doing this week, i usually do a cardio everyday...i will probably do something easy m-thurs then take friday off for some stecthing. Are you doing any weight work this week?My race is on saturday,luckly my doctors office is closed on that day. I ran outside about two weeks ago,went three miles at a local park...but there is no hills there. Im not sure about the course i will run this saturday...whatever it is i will push through. I mostly run on the treadmill.

Steph-Thank you for the links...of course i don't think your butting in...silly:). I wonder if i should bring my mp3 player? Im running by myself(I wish i could get my sister into exercising). Im SO excited...Thanks for the Cheers,it really means alot to me:). I will go check out those links now!

Later Gators:cool:;)

Amelia, I personally don't like things in my ear. I fear I wont hear something around me...this goes a long way back...if you think you will need motivation then bring it along. My last race, I ran the last 2 miles with a lady who pretty much stayed with my pace. I just said, hey, can I hang with you so we ran the rest together. We even sprinted to the finish line so that's an option for you too. If you go early to the race that gives you an opprotunity to meet people as well. Oh, I am soooo excited for you! I can't wait to hear how you did and what it all felt like!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.