December Rotation Check In Tuesday 12/12

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, December Ladies! lol

I agree with a few of you on Drill Max. I love the workout, but after doing November's rotation and now this one, DM has been on the agenda many days. Yesterday during Cardio Fusion, the DM section, I kept wondering how an IMax would feel now after doing all those drills and blasts. SO.....I'm putting an IMax in sometime this week out of curiosity!

Today's workout was GSL, but I subbed PLB, my favorite go-to leg workout. I just wanted to mix it up instead of doing GS again.

Thanks for sharing a bit of yourselves yesterday!

Today is another quiet day for me (both my boys are in school FT...Jacob is in 3rd and Zachary is in Kindergarten full day program), so that leaves me with chunks of time here and there...when I'm not volunteering or housecleaning (which I do on the side for some friends for extra cash). I'm also babysitting on Tuesday mornings at a mom's group, where the moms go to a meeting/chat session and the kids get to play with babysitters like me (I'm in the baby room and LOVE it). OK....more info about me, lol.

Yes, the P90X deal is just about complete. I'm just verifying with the lady that it's the whole entire original kit with all the workouts.

Somebody asked yesterday about the YaYas. It's another fitness website with chat forums, trades/swaps, etc.

Have an awesome day...see you all later!

Gayle

Got up early and did GSL before work because I knew I wouldn't have time to do it this evening with kid's piano lessons and hockey games. Always feels good to have it out of the way. Man, were my pecs sore yesterday from chest/triceps on Sunday. Have a good day! Kim

Morning ladies.

This morning I was going to do PLB but I did that last week as my sub leg workout so I ended up doing a premix from push pull that was lower body 2 sets. It was the right amount of work for me because I didn't feel like I really wanted to do too much legwork today. Drillmax seems to have a good leg workout in it and since I did that yesterday I didn't feel like I needed to over do things today.

It was great hearing a little more about everyone's life outside of exercise. I'm amazed at how many boys we all have. I'm kinda jealous of those of you that seem to be able to do things you want to do instead of what you have to do. For me, my job is something I have to do for income and not something I truly enjoy.

Have a great day.
Tracee

Hi, ladies.

Tracee-it will come in due time....doing what you want, not what you need. I am by no means wise or full of wisdom, but life has dealt me some things that really put everything into perspective for me...my DH passed away 2 years ago this past September. Long story short, I had to go back to work FT to get him benefits because he had leukemia. After he passed, I knew that I just HAD to make it work to stay home with my boys. It took me 6 full months to figure out a way to swing it, but I DID IT. ANYWAY, just a few thoughts from me. Pay your dues now, and it will come.

See ya!

Gayle

Great words of wisdom, Gayle. Tracee, I used to do a 2-hour commute three days a week. This meant much time away from my kids (that I'll never get back, it's hard to look back at). I did that for 5 years before transferring to another position in the company that had a much more relaxed in-office policy. Eventually it turned into full-time remote working, which is awesome. But it took a while to get here, so hang in there. :)

Today GS Legs is on my rotation, but I am feeling so BLAH that I may take today as the rest day. I am also probably going to sub either L&G or Leaner Legs to mix it up a bit. I agree with you all that as much as I love the new workouts, I am getting interested in rolling other things in, so I may start doing that later this week. I am enjoying the GS U/B workouts, though, so I'll keep those. :)

Hope you all have a great workout!

Marie

Good Morning All!

I had a cup of tea before logging on this am so I'm on a little later today! I enjoyed hearing a little about you all. It is funny how so many of us have boys. I agree, Marie, Gayle had some great words of wisdom for Tracee.

My kids are in school full time this year (last year Max had 1/2 day kindergarten) and I find I want to "get out into the world" a little more. :)

I agree, as much as I enjoy the new workouts, I need to mix it up a little! Also, I don't like doing all leg workouts twice a week and next week may sub a cardio day instead.

Gayle- funny I was thinking of doing Imax 3 sometime this week. Glad to hear your getting your new workouts at a great price!

Marie- I like your suggestion for leaner legs, maybe one day next week, I like that workout and rarely use it!

Tracee- I feel for you with your work situation. Being on one income, for us, in the DC area is really tough! we go without a lot and have to work hard not to get into the whole keeping up with the Jones' thing! You may find one day, when your kids are older, you are happy to have something that is yours.

Well all, have a great day and happy workouts!

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

eta: I've heard alot about the P90X workouts- what exactly are they?(may have spelled the new workouts wrong)

Good morning:)
Today is Gym style BSB:)
I'm so sore doing gym style legs then cardio the day after!
Have a good day
randi

Good morning all,

It's amazing how we all feel like doing an IMAX now. I know I sure do. I was just thinking this morning of doing a Slow & Heavy rotation mixed in with IMAXes. I always find heavy strength training helps me lose weight along with interval training.

I didn't have a good morning this morning. Woke up during the night and when my alarm went off this morning, I went back to bed (which I usually do for about 5-10 minutes but this morning I woke up 40 minutes later!) Then my head was whirling around with what premix to do and by that time, I just decided to take a rest day unless I do something tonight. Then my bus was over 30 minutes late this morning which made me late for work.

Have a great day everyone.

Marcy

Hi, ladies. OK......I vote we pick a day and make it an IMax Day! LOL. What do you say?

Marcy-Geesh....hope your day goes better this afternoon!

I'm enjoying my lunch right now, then I'm heading outside for a run. The weather is in the 50s AGAIN (I'm not complaining), so I'll leave the house at 1pm and time it just right to be back at the busstop by 2:15 to get the boys!

Gayle

Count me in!! Imax 3 is my favorite. I was going to do it on sat. or sunday. Just let me know:)

Marcy- hope the rest of your day is better!

Deanie

Thanks for all the encouraging words ladies, I appreciate it.

I'm in for an IMAX day next week. I only have IMAX2 so that is the one I would be doing.

Marcy - your morning sounds like something that would happen to me. I hope the rest of the day has gotten better.

Tracee

OK...vote then. What day do we want to designate IMax Day? Anybody? I'm up for anything so you ladies decide! What day are you all scheduled for cardio???

I hit the pavement and got in a nice run....about 6 miles. I did my normal favorite hill run (funny, cuz anything around here is considered HILL, lol). Took me about an hour including the walking warm up and cool down.

Ready for the evening.

Gayle

How about next Wednesday? It's supposed to be LIC premix but I just don't seem to care for LIC cardio although I do like the abs and strength work on it. Anyone else have any thoughts?

My afternoon has gone a bit better. I was almost going to get the pullup bar from tiredmom but it doesn't fit in my basement either. I guess I'm still going to have to get the pull-up bar for P90X. I really want to start in January but I'm going on vacation the last week of December and I want to take the fit test first. (I'm pretty sure I'm fit enough to start it; I just want to do before and afters to see how much I've changed and how much more I can lift after P90X.

Gayle - I'm so jealous. You seem to have so much time to workout. Glad you had a good run.

Marcy

Good Afternoon ladies!
I am not able to post until so last in the day I wonder if anyone is even able to read it!

Gayle--Glad you were able to get a 6 mile run in. What fitness website is the ya yas on?

Kim--My pecs were sore for 4 days after dong GS C&T last week. Hope it will be better this week!

I did GS BSB and Denise Austin Pilates this morning. Don't really like that Denise Austin tape. Guess I need to get rid of it! I am scheduled to go to my swim class tonight, but may be too tired. When you get up at 4:50am ,5:30pm seems quite late to exercise.

I think I have IMAX 2? It's the one I taped off of FitTV a few years ago. I'm game for doing that.

Gin

Hello all,

Marcy- next Wed. sounds great!! count me in!

Gin- I usually try to check back later in the day (may not always post) so keep on posting:)

I did GS C&T on Fri. and yesterday my chest finally felt okay! I too hope it will be better this week!

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.