December Rotation Check In 12/30!!!!

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!!!:)

I am feeling much better today. I was able to rest most of the day yesterday and took some cold medicine.

This morning was DM cardio and legs. I liked it! I did the legs only, when the Cathe crew did arm curls and squats I just did squats, and the walking lunges with shoulders I just did walking lunges. Then I did BM2 abs. Today I realized BM2 abs has no planks, so I added them in:)

Today was the last day of the rotation for me. I liked this rotation and the changes we made. I also saw good definition results. This month I really tried to eat clean and upped my protein by 2 points(WW). I haven't checked the rotation forum yet but as of now I think I am going to do my rotation. Wether(spelling?) you guys do it or not, I'd still like to check in with you all. I changed the circuit rotation for the first week because I just did DM cardio and legs today, I didn't want to do DM on Monday, so I switched DM with HSChallenge!

I'll try to check in later today.
If I don't I want to wish all of you a VERY happy and healthy New Year!!!!:)

Not sure if I will be checking in tomorrow, since its a rest day....

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Good Morning All!
Deanie--I am glad you are feeling better. I also would like to continue checking in each day. Should we call it January Rotation even if some are not following it? Or should we rename our "group"? Doesn't matter to me.

My leg (inner side between calf and knee) has really been bothering me. I'm sure I did this when training for the Half Marathon and increasing my mileage. A friend of mine is a massage therapist and massaged my leg yesterday. She told me for one, I am dehydrated, so I am drinking more water. She also advised me to not do any impact or lower body work for 1 week. This is so hard for me to do, but I have to let my leg heal. So for the next week, I'll be doing what I can. I think today will be yoga and abs.

Happy New Year to All!
Gin

Gin,
I'm so sorry to hear about your leg. I know how frustrating injuries can be. Definately take the time to let yourself heal. Even though yoga is low impact, or no impact, you can still get a great workout from it.

I'm good with Jan. rotation check in, unless we can rename our group. I would like a fun name, but I'm not really good at that:)
take care.

To all who come later, Happy New Year!
Deanie

eta: just saw Debbies muscle building and staying lean Jan. 2007 rotation and am seriously considering doing it. I maybe doing circuits for a week inbetween, because its useing GS again. Still waiting for Cathe.....

Hi there Deanie and Gin. It looks like our group has become the three of us unless we can gain some new members during our January rotation.

I did most of DM cardio and legs but had to cut it short due to my 2 year olds bathroom issues. Potty training is really getting on my nerves!! I never got to drill 6 or the abs but maybe I'll try to do some abs later today or tomorrow.

I've been taking some measurements since starting my workouts again in November and I have to say that not one of them has changed. I'm a little disappointed to say the least. I guess what bugs me the most is that it means that I really need to change my eating habits if I'm going to see the results I want. I just don't know if I'll be able to do that or not so I'm feeling a little bit like what's the point of exercising if I'm not going to cut back on the sugar too.

Anyway, I'm going to print out Deanie's rotation right now and stick to it as closely as I can. I may cut back to 5 days of working out instead of 6 though. We'll see how it goes. I'm not creative with coming up with names either but I'll try to think of something.

Have a great weekend and I'll probably wait until Monday to check in again since tomorrow is a rest day for me.

Tracee

Hi Ladies!

I'm back from vacation. I'm sorry to hear some of you are not doing too well but hopefully January will see great changes for all of us. As for me, I gained 5 pounds on vacation.;( ;( ;( I think I lost one since I've been back. I still haven't done a workout since I've been back. While I was on vacation, I went on the treadmill, the elliptical and the spin bike. Mind you, this was my very first time on the elliptical and I've only used the treadmill and bike a couple of times. This was what was available in the fitness rooms at my hotels. Luckily, they had free weights at one of them, so I was able to use them. Did some back, shoulders and bicep work. I didn't get to workout everyday while I was away and I just ate what I wanted including vanilla bean cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. It was soooooooooo good!!! I couldn't resist. My vacation was great and I possibly found my new home (which will have my own workout room!)! The next six months are going to very hectic for me. I was hoping to start P90X in January but I'm just not ready yet. I'll have to see what Cathe comes up with for January and maybe I'll use some new workouts I haven't done yet.

Looking forward to checking in with you guys again and wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Marcy

Tracee,
Don't give up!!! I think you are doing great. I don't know what you mean by giving up sugar. I eat a lot of fruits and even sometimes put sugar (not a lot) on my oatmeal. I really do think eating right is the key, more than excerising. But, I firmly believe "everything in moderation"!!! I have always followed that and never had a weight problem (except after my last preg., but that's a diff. story. LOL) Don't eat cake everyday, but once in a while yes. Also, as you get older, it is harder to lose but not impossible. I'm 41 and really have to watch my portion size more than when I was in my 30's where I never watched and it never mattered.

Did you print out my rotation or Debbies? I think right now, I may do one week of circuits (my rotation) and then do Debbies. I like it. We'll see how I feel at the end of next week, or I may incorperate some of Debbies into mine. She seems to be doing heavy lifting 3 days a week and cardio 2 days and I like that. Maybe that way I can get more yoga in. Still confused as to what I want to do next month.!!!!!x(

Deanie

Marcy--Welcome Back! Sounds like you had a good time.

Tracee-- I have the same problem with sugar. I know it is addictive and I KNOW it would help if I sould just cut it out for 4 days to stop the craving. We should try to help each other out!!:) I would like to lose just 4-5 lbs. Exercise alone is not going to do it for me.

Deanie--Debbie's rotation looks really good, but I still want to see what Cathe comes up with. Guess I can't start (at least with the cardio and lower body) until next Friday anyway. When my leg heals, do you think I would be doing too much cardio if I follow the rotation and run about 15-20 miles a week? ****You are my new hero**** You just seem to have it all together with the diet and exercise!! :)

Gin

Marcy- Welcome Back! Sounds like vacation was fun!

Gin- You are too funny! I think I have it together only because I am soooo anal:) but Thank you. I was thinking you had it together with all the working out you do and your 47! I'm 41 and one hourish is my limit. And yes, I do think you would be doing to much cardio if you followed the rotation and ran. Cathe usually does ALOT of cardio in her Jan. rotations (which is why I'm leaning towards not doing it). Wouldn't it be better ( but harder mentally) to wait another 2 weeks. Do just Cathe's rotation for 2 weeks and then gradually add in the running?

Tracee- after looking over Debbies rotation, I made some adjustments to mine. sort of combined what she did and what I wanted to do with S&H. I'll try and post it tomorrow. (keeping the first 2weeks the same anyway.- switched HSC and DM though. I'll be doing HSC on Monday.)

Really, truly logging off for the day:)

Deanie

Hi everyone. I had a few minutes to check back in and I'm glad I did. Sorry that my last post sounded so down but thank you for the encouraging words.

Deanie, when I say I eat too much sugar I truly mean sugar. Like candy, cookies, etc. Not the good fruit sugar. It's always been my week spot but I've never had a weight problem either. I'm not trying to lose any weight but I do want to lose the fat in my stomach.

I think the most discouraging thing was that for a year I did no exercise and I actually lost about 5 to 10 pounds. Now that I've been exercising regularly for 2 months not one thing has changed. In fact I might have put on a pound or two, not sure since I don't own a scale.

Welcome back from vacation Marcy, I'm glad you checked in with us since we lost a few members from the start of the rotation.

Gin - I hope your recovery goes well and you are 100% in a week. Hopefully we'll all continue to check in with each other no matter what form of rotation we decide to do.

Well, that's all I have time for now so I'll try to get back on here tomorrow and see if Cathe has posted her rotation and if there has been any changes in Deanie's rotation.

Tracee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.