December Rotation Check In 12/21!!!!

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls:)

I can't believe it is the 21st already and the 7th night of Channukah! This month is just flying by!!!:) Hope you all are ready for Xmas, time is running out:) can you believe it?

This morning was GS BSB for me. I upped my weights this time for the first back excersise(used a barbell and did 45#) instead of my usual 20# dumbells. I didn't think I could do 25# dumbells. Then I used the same weights as Cathe for every thing else except barbell curls did 30# and concentration curls did 12 then 15#. Oh and I did 10# for crazy eights!!! I have to thank you guys for that, you all really helped me realize its okay to go higher than Cathe and I could lift more weight if I try!!! Thanks:)

what did everyone end up doing today and how did it go?

Marcy- how was GS BSB for you this am? Hope you too had a great challenge!!

Gin- you are too funny!!!Yes, you can come to my house for scrambled eggs on Sat.!!:) I either want to do BM2 scrambled eggs on fri. or sat. If you want to do it tomorrow let me know, and I'll do it with you! I haven't tried it yet but reading all the buzz about it on the boards I am very psyched!!!

Gayle- Do you like the new WW plan? I find out about it on Fri. Maybe I should take advantage of the FP. Just when I started WW it was the plan right before that and there were no FP, so it always feels weird to have them.

I'll try to BBL

Have a great day and happy workouts all!!

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Wow, Deanie, very impressive on the weights. I went up in weights on back. I used 19.5# dbbls for dbbl rows. Used 25.5# on one arm rows. For barbell pullovers, I used 32#. I might go up next time to 36. For shoulders, I used 15# for military presses (1st set), 13# (2nd set) and 12# (3rd set). For lat raises, I used 12# for the 1st set and 10# for the 2nd set. For rear flies, I used 10#. I usually go heavier than Cathe for shoulders. Biceps weren't as good for me.
Well, part of it was good. I used 32# for barbell curls. I like these because she goes slow. Used 8# for crazy eights. Don't know if I'll ever be able to go up in weights on that one. I HATE crazy eights! Concentration curls was where I fell apart. I used 13.5# to start, had to switch to 12# and had to switch again to 10#. A couple of weeks ago, I was able to do all with 13.5. Maybe upping the weight on the barbell curls zapped my strength. Curl up/wrist turn down started with 12# and switched to 10#. Same for hammer curls. Dbbl wrist curls used 10#. Biceps are always tough for me. I was thinking maybe next time I should start with biceps so I have more strength.

Have lots to do today. I'm leaving for vacation so I won't be checking in with you guys until next Friday. Stay strong, have great workouts and have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a Joyous New Year. It's been great checking in with you guys. You are all great and very supportive. Have a great day. I'll try and check in later.

Marcy

Hi, ladies.

Marcy-I probably missed you already, but have a great vacation!

Deanie-the 'enhanced' version of WW (as they are calling it) is not all that different. So far, the only thing that's changed for me is that I get 1 more point per day, up to 21 from my usual 20.

Great job on the upper body weights today! I've got BSB on tap for tomorrow, and I'll have to let you know what #s I use.

Today....I slept in then went to Kindergarten. Came right home and hit the basement for lower body. I have to say

HOLY

COW

BATMAN!!!!!!!

I did B&B premix Leg Blast. HOLY COW! You cannot believe this premix. Has anybody done this one yet??? HOLY COW! Endless squat/lunge series, endless walking lunges, endless endless endless! YIKES! I made it thru the whole 47 minutes of it but MAN are my legs burning now!

OK....now I have to quickly clean up and go back to Kindergarten for their Holiday party!

BBL

GAyle

p.s. Have I said HOLY COW yet? LOL

I wasn't going to check in today because I decided to take a rest day and sleep in until 6am but now I'm kind of wishing I would have just sucked it up.

Marcy - Have a great vacation and we'll talk to you when you get back.

Gayle - I'm not sure if I've done that premix or not but the way you describe it I'm sure I wouldn't have liked it. I have a real hard time with lunges, they wear me out! Hope you had fun at the school party, I go tomorrow for my second grader.

I'll be back on the rotation with back, shoulders and biceps tomorrow.

Tracee

Good Afternoon Ladies!
I did Step Blast, GS BSB, and abs this morning. I have a swim class tonight. I am by far the wimpiest of this group. My heaviest weight is 12#!:(

Deanie--I will do BMax2 Scrambled Eggs Friday if you would like. Then, maybe I'll have scrambled eggs for breakfast after that!;-) I try to either rest or do something easy on Sat. before my long run on Sun.:p

Marcy-- Have a safe trip and Happy Holidays!

Gayle--I did B&G Leg Blast a few weeks ago and wrote in my log... "OUCHIE!!"}( The one legged squats get me the most. I have to stop in the middle and then start up again! Does anyone else keep a exercise log? Do you usually have 20 pts plus your APs to maintain or to lose? How do you figure the APs for the various Cathe w/o? I never know how accurate I am.

Gin

Hi Gin,

Still here. I keep an exercise log. I have spreadsheets for the Gym Styles, Slow & Heavy and Butts & Guts and Body Max 2. For the rest, I keep things in a notebook. I also have a monthly calendar so I can see things at a glance. I'm obsessed with writing things down but it helps and it's nice to see how far you've come.

Marcy

Hi again all:)

Marcy- hope I haven't missed you. Have a great vacation!!!! and happy holidays:) I think you did a great job this am with the weights!! I find when I raise the weights in the begining something has to give towards the end and get lowered, and then next time I can use the new weight in the begining and the origial weights where I had to drop the week before.(hope that makes sense) Also, where do you get those weights? i.e. 13.5 and 32.5 sometimes I only want to go up 1 or 2 pounds (15 to 17) but I can't find them in "odd" sizes.

Gayle- I did the leg blast from B&G about 3 weeks ago. It was "a blast" I felt it more than the reg. B&G leg workout!!! Hope you had fun at the kindergarten party.

Gin- BM2 scrambled eggs tomorrow!!! you're on:) I hope I can do it!! I keep a workout log. I have a notebook where I record the workout for each dvd and next to that excersise I write what weight I use. If I follow Cathes rotation or I make one up myself, I print it up and write that month on the top and any notes, like "no results" or "good results" . I tend to be a little anal:) About WW, I feel the same way about the FP and excersising so I usually stick to my reg. points and feel that I'm not eating right. (rethinking the whole FP thing!! maybe start using them:)

Have a great day all!
Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

I use my DHs dbbls which are like the barbell but shorter and have the screw on clips. I wanted to make sure what amount of weight I was working with so I weighed just the bar and the clips and that was 3 1/2 pounds. I have 3# and 5# plates, so that's how I get the odd size weights. I want to get 1 and 2# weights so I can go up in weight more easily. Sometimes I have to go up an extra 3 pounds in weight which is really too much sometimes.

Marcy

Deanie-- Okay..I plan on doing Scrambled Eggs tomorrow and then we can compare notes!!;-) I had scheduled GS Legs,but not sure I should try to do both!!!:p

I feel as if I am in good company with you guys!:) I also am obsessive about writing down my exercise each day. My DH and both of my DSs think I am completely NUTS!! My Cathe calendar just came in the mail and I am SO EXCITED. I showed them some of the pictures and they just don't get it.

Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.