December 08***Checkin***Saturday!

laperez25

Cathlete
Hello!

Am I really the first one checking in today:eek::eek:???? Wake up girls!! LOL!! Just getting us started today! I did Imax 2 and it was great! Today I have a B-day party to attend to with my family and I will be busy. I hope you all have a great day today!!

For the baking girls: Have fun baking today!! YUMMY!!

Last edited:
Good Morning, Ivy!

I slept "in" this morning, didn't get up until 6:50! WooHOO! LOL!

I now know what my headaches are. Sinuses. My right sided head pressure/pain shifted to my left side! I did my Neti Pot and it has eased up a "little" ... But I still feel wicked pressure behind my right eye. I'm really debating on whether I want to work out or not. I know I should, really, because my eating goes to the dogs on the weekend. And I have a feeling it *may* be worse if my head hurts and I'm going to work.

I love my 7 year old, Jake. I told DH this AM that I have a sinus headache and work is going to be tough. So Jake says, "Just call in, don't go, Mom!" So easy, huh? Funny boy!

WTG on IMAX2, Ivy! I just love the heck out of that workout!!!

Vilma: You almost had me JEALOUS of your Post Office wait yesterday! Sounds relaxing! Yes, "High Test" is caffienated coffee. I know you drink EXTREME High test, but my High Test is 2 large mugs of regular coffee (I usually mix half & half). I think I'm pretty much immune to it though.

Kathy: Good workout yesterday! You're getting to re-visit a lot with 4DS, huh? Cool beans! Enjoy baking today! I sure enjoyed my batch yesterday...wish I had time today to do more... Maybe I'll bake next week and bring a bunch into the teachers too.

Beth: Oopsie on the Ball breakage! I know, I have to lock mine up when I don't use it, because my boys have broken mine in the past. Kids, I tell ya! I think "Unbreakable" is a challenge to them! They are pretty cheap in the local stores though, $10 maybe?

What to do , what to do, To work out or not.......:confused:

Hi guys! I "slept in" until 5:45 this morning! :) I'm done with GS shoulders & triceps, 200 swings, and SJP abs. Good workout! I am so going to be ready for yoga tomorrow except I think my doms may be so bad I won't be able to get into any of the poses! :) I tried really hard to match Cathe's weights today -- FF has really inspired me -- but I could not in all cases!

Chris, did you take that body type quiz that was posted on some thread? I'm theoretically a meso-endo and I feel like I've been having good results with the cardio only 2 days/week (well, and my 200 swings added in the last few days -- 5 min. of intense cardio). I think you and I may be similar body types. FWIW.....

It's raining here now and theoretically going to snow down to, well, I've heard both 2500' and 1000'. We are at 1200', so we'll see. It's 41 here now, so I doubt it's even snowing up high, but maybe Monday, I guess. In the three years we've lived here, it's never stuck at our house, though it comes down and at the top of our driveway it sticks. Kind of fun for those of us living in balmy California....

My 9 year old had a last minute sleep over last night --- the friend has a basketball game early this morning and I'm paranoid my son kept him up too late! Have to go get him soon, and then this afternoon we see the Jungle Book done by the elementary kids -- should be really cute! And an adult holiday party this evening -- whoo-hooo!

Have a great day everyone! I'm trying to do no baking this year, but I'm still eating all the crap I can get my grubby little fingers on! :)

-Beth

So I did it... My workout. GS: Shoulders & Triceps. And then I did Turbo Jam's: Kickin Core (just the cardio for 30 minutes). What can I say? The "thought" of not doing anything irked me too much. I almost quit with the shoulder presses, the side of my head had BIG pain and a "burning". But then with the "below the head work", it eased up. And i actually felt good during the cardio.

Now my head hurts again. It sucks.

Beth: Hmmmm.. you have me wondering now. I don't remember taking a Quiz. Do you have the website where that is? I did some reading online about it and thought I was more an ECTO-Endo. This was the definition of Ecto-Endo:

pear-shaped ecto-endomorphs with thin, delicate upper bodies and high fat storage in their hips and thighs,

That's why I was going for the endo version of FF's Rotation. What do you think?

So far on this rotation, my weight has been pretty much stable, but I do think I'm seeing more definition. I hadn't bought jeans in a LONG time, I thought I was more an 8, but I tried on and fit into 6's. I do get annoyed by the scale number. I put alot into it, that I know I shouldn't...

Snow would be fun, huh? Hope you get some! Did you see it snowed in New Orleans the other day? I have a friend down there and they were so thrilled!

Have fun at your parties today! I'm jealous! I'd much rather by partying...:eek:

Chris, here's the site:

http://www.mybodymakeover.com/tools_...ting_quiz.aspx

in your picture, you do look a lot thinner in your face than I am, but I do think of myself as pear-shaped and gaining in the lower half a lot faster than the upper. I don't know.....I just know that this month's work is a lot different than anything I've ever stuck with, and it seems to be agreeing with me so far. Take the quiz when you have time and let me know what it tells you.

I can't believe you made it through that workout, woman -- that's awesome! I hope you can lay down a while before you have to go to work. Did you see my mail about whether or not it's a sinus infection? Maybe you want to get checked!

-Beth

Hi ladies...

Checking in today with Cardio & weights...I went lighter on the weights since I just finished with 4DS...

Now off to that baking!!

Oh, I thought I would share are family photo we had done a few weeks ago..

familyphoto2008.jpg

Kathy, that's a terrific family picture! What a gorgeous family. Your daughter is tall, isn't she? How old is she?

-Beth

Oh Kathy! that's a beautiful family picture!!! You have one good looking family there! I love your hair...so pretty!

Beth: Okay, so I took the quiz. And you're right, it says: MESO-Endo. And maybe that's true. My upper body is much more toned. But I've never had an "athletic" appearance, without working out/lifting weights. So I don't know. Maybe I'm an ECTO-MESO-ENDO... :eek:. BUT, I read Debbie's rotation again and I still think I want to do the Endo version since it sounds like what I wanted to accomplish, "If you're an Endo, and want to lean out a bit". The "ENDO" part of me (thighs and butt) is needing a little thinning out. LOL!!

I do get an hour nap this afternoon before work. I didn't get your email, my email was "down"! :mad: But I just went and checked and there it was! I have no other signs of a sinus infection. So I'm not sure. I'll see how it goes this weekend.

talk to you guys later....

Thanks ladies..

Beth: Yes, they have always both been on the tall side of the growth chart since they were babies. Lauren is 11..She is turning 12 in May..Chris will be 9 next month...

Flip video camera....

Hey, Chris & Joanne, weren't you both talking about that flip video camera the other day? At the end of the year we always buy our employees some new tech gadget as a present -- an ipod, iphone, lots of apple stuff traditionally, I guess, but this year we are thinking about those flip cameras. That means we get one.... I'm excited, though between the four of us I may never get my hands on it.....

And back on the topic of today's workout.... I'm already feeling my shoulders being sore!!!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.