DEC 08 Check-In for Weekend 12/20 & 12/21

Hey Girls...

Reporting in with GS: Back & Bi's and then did 30+ Minutes of Mixed Step Cardio with Sharon Mann. She's tough! I sweated! It's "fun" to do someone other than Cathe sometimes...

I'd say my UPPER back was ok with the workout, but bending over on the step to do one arm rows KILLED my lower back... It was harder for my biceps and I didn't up any weight today because of bi's were just done on Monday...

So today I've got to step it up. I'm such a procrastinator... It drives me crazy! :eek:

We got 8+ inches of snow and they're predicting 8 or so more tomorrow! :confused: It sure is pretty though!

Okay..got to get OUTTAHERE ....

Hi Chris, and everyone! I did the back and biceps through twice, and yes, my back really felt it the second time through! Even the first time through, on both back and biceps, I had to lighten my load at points.

Well, are people snowed in today? It's cold here, but no snow. I hope to clean the house today -- get rid of extra stuff, you know.... the kids may be willing to help me since it will make room for Santa to bring more. ;) We'll see!

Have a great day!!

-Beth

Because I'm procrastinating on wrapping ONCE again, here's some snow pics!!:

Last Evening:

DSCN2501.jpg

Alex (9 Year old):
DSCN2506.jpg

Alex, making a snow angel (NOT flying angels!):
DSCN2507.jpg

Jake, 7 years old, put to work!:
DSCN2508.jpg

How fun!!! I'm so glad you're procrastinating (I am, too!). I love the pictures, especially since your boys are the same age as mine (but do you have three? Sorry, for some reason I'm thinking you do, but maybe it's Joanne I'm thinking of?). I'm envious -- but maybe only a little. I'm not sure how I'd survive with that year after year.

signed,
WeatherWimp!

HA! I'm still procrastinating. Well, first I cleaned a little, and then jake came in from the snow, and now I'm eating a nice Greek Yogurt protein pick me up before I wrap...

Yes, i have 3 boys. The oldest one (13), the one who has diabetes, wasn't out in the snow yet. He is now, though. His 2 buddies came over , to go sledding...It's all about the friends, you know!

The snow IS very nice for Christmas and I have to say, I enjoy it up until about February. And then I'm done, but it usually doesn't finish up until late March most years.

What adorable pictures! Have fun with all the procrastination. I'm checking in with BM2 but I did it without the power circuits because my feet were crying. Have to run by Costco and then lab and then back. It'll be a fun busy day.

Hi Gals!

Chris
wow snow we ended up getting tons of rain thank goodness. I was praying we didn't get the snow lol - I dealt with enough snow while living in NYC.

The boys look to be enjoying themselves with it though - good for them .

Beth too funny that you signed weather wimp I don't care for cold and snow could be because as a kid growing up in NY we got it all the darned time and still had to go to school ick! Walking was a hazard too because under the snow was usually ice and I had my share of falling on my butt many a times.

Hottie BM2 wow that's a long one, whats going on with your feet?

So my 10yr old DD has bronchitis so she is on antibiotics a stronger cough medicine and doctor said he didn't hear the asthma so I don't need to give her treatments for that. Darned colds she catches them at school and then eh. Anyhows she says her chest doesn't hurt so much and her coughing has decreased somewhat.

I need to do some grocery shopping since my family is grumbling that there is no type of snack food and with everyone home from school this week god help me that they don't drive me so crazy with the constant 'Don't look at me - Mooooommmm!' Well you get the jist.

My postings may be sporadic and I'll be sleeping in this week :)

Passes everyone a nice hot cocoa mug cause dang its wet and chilly out.

picture.php

Good morning -- we went to a party last night and didn't even start for home until 10:30 -- way passed my usual bedtime (not to mention the boys'!) so I slept in until about 8:00 this morning!! FF has a rest day scheduled for today, but since I missed my cardio one day this week, I'm thinking about doing something. On the other hand, I'm still coughing like crazy and I have a headache perhaps from the mulled wine I had last night!, so, I may just "rest" again...... :p

Vilma, sorry to hear about the bronchitis!

Stay warm everyone!

-Beth

Greetings from another snowy day in Mass!

Holy crap, its whipping around like there, I'm told aabout 8 more inches on top of the 10-12 we got Friday.

I was so stupid yesterday (in denial?) I wore my Crocs to work and didn't even think about the snow. The roads were crap and they're going to be crappiER tonight...

Joy! JOY!

"Rest" day for me today. HA! I think driving to work in this weather should burn calories somehow!

Vilma: Oh! Sorry about your DD. I do hope she's at least better by Christmas! The poor thing. And poor YOU!

Beth: enjoy your "rest".

Gotta run!!!!

Hi everyone..

Chris: Love the photos....No snow here yet. We did have icy sleet this morning. But, it got warmer by the time we went to church and it was fine..

Ok, I rested yesterday since we were gone most of the day to DC. We went to the Kennedy Center Concert Hall and saw the American Choral Society's Christmas Show. It was SO SO SO awesome!! We are wanting to go back and see another show soon..I got more Christmas cookies baked today. The kids had a ball decorating them..I did workout today..I did Supersets!!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!!

Kathy, that all sounds so festive (ok, except supersets :D). I really want to get more holiday stuff going here, but I'm not sure what to do -- my boys are not really into making and decorating cookies. Maybe I'll "make them" tomorrow. I have had a very productive day here -- we cleaned up a lot and got rid of a lot of stuff. I love to do that once I get going on it. Still more to be done, but I'm feeling good. I just took a break and did another set of kbell swings to total 1000 for the day. That must count for something. :)

Oh, I keep forgetting to tell you guys I had a dream earlier this week that I had suddenly bulked up from all of FF's work -- it was not a good kind of bulk. Think about a wrestler's physique, maybe. Didn't look so great on me!

Ok, back to cleaning for me. We were supposed to hear some Christmas music and sing carols, but all four of us are sick and it's yucky outside, so we've been in all day.

-Beth

Sounds like you are working hard today Beth....I bet the kids will love eating those cookies..Have fun with it!! Hope you are all feeling better soon..You can't be sick for Christmas!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.