Dec. 08 CHECK IN << Wed. 10th>>

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Hi All! Good Morning!!
Morninga2u.gif

Realized just now I'm really short on time .

I'll be back later once I'm done dropping the kids off at school.

picture.php

Back...

Today I'm just going to do as many different swings with my 12kg kettlebell for as long as I can hold out with 30-60sec rest breaks of course. I like that I can do my swings as I watch the Today show in the mornings before breakfast so that's what I'm off to do in a few moments.

DH & I were talking as we were both driving home this morning on our game plan for today - we need to finish the Christmas shopping by tonight as he wants to go back into the capital city tomorrow to show me another prospective new community.

So I'll be out again once he gets in from work and freshens up before we hit the stores.

Here's hoping you all have great workouts and a lovely non stressful day.

picture.php

Hi Vilma, and all. Vilma, how are you feeling? Better, I hope! Good luck with the shopping and the outting to the new community tonight.

Oh, on swings.... you asked how I broke up the 600. I did 200 in one fell swoop with the 8kg as Tracy's roundabouts -- do you know that pattern? Then I attempted another 200 with the 35 pounder that way, but didn't make it that far -- can't remember exactly where I got. I may have just gone up to 200 with two hand swings at that point, and then I guess I finished with another 200. I go at about 40 swings/minute, so I can do 200 swings in a little under 5 minutes. Going with the 8kg for that long is not hard for me. I guess it's all of Tracy's pushing me.

Ok, back to other things.... I did GS biceps, two times through -- great workout. I was already sore in the warmup from the chest/back work the other day. I matched Cathe's weights for the most part the first time through, had to go lighter on the second round and skip some reps. Instead of LIS abs, I did Squeeze Stronger waist and ab work, and then I did 200 kbell swings.

And now, can I request that we just fast forward to January? I'm starting to feel like a scrooge! When I finally turned on some lights this morning (for the most part I don't turn on any when I'm working out), I discovered the tree tipped over. Many broken ornaments, including a really nice Father Christmas thing that I never put on the tree because it seems a little too big, but my 9 year old insisted on putting on this year. :-( Oh well. I have no idea why the tree went over -- Gina? the cat? The poor cat got shaved at the vet yesterday -- he's so old he cannot groom himself, and we weren't keeping up, so we took him to be groomed and they said it'd be better to shave him (when it's finally cold here!). Poor cat -- I have not yet seen him this morning and cannot imagine where he is. They said he is probably not going to last too much longer. Maybe he is not really "the cat who wouldn't die".

Ok, what a downer I am -- I'll take my moroseness somewhere else!!

-Beth

Vilma, hope you are feeling better and good for you for finding a way to fit in cardio when you can. It'll be good to have all your shopping done - wish I knew that feeling! I have about 10 more gifts to get.

Beth, sorry to hear about your tree. But at least you got in your workout before you noticed. Otherwise your workout would have been ruined, right? Our tree fell over once. It was actually pretty funny. A good friend of ours walked in the front door and as soon as he stepped in the tree started leaning and tipped over. We tease him about it to this day. Not fun cleaning up though. Most of our glass ornaments have been shattered throughout the years - we have mostly nonbreakables now. We had a dog who once pulled off almost every ornament (glass) off the bottom of the tree while we were out. They were all shattered on the floor, but not a cut on the dog. Oh, your poor cat. :( He must be really traumatized. He's bald and a huge tree fell over in his house! Hope he surfaces soon. I've never had cats (I'm allergic), but do they pretty much come and go? Or do they stay in the house?

This morning I did GS Biceps (once!). Then for cardio I did the cardio premix on Sharon Twombly's All Body Attack. It turned out to be a pretty good interval workout. I did the core/abs workout from it, too. Tomorrow is GL Legs - ouch!

BBL...

Joanne

Hey
127fs1601347.gif

Finished up my workout a little bit ago. I did GS: Biceps, and then 30+ Minutes of Turbo Jam's Cardio Party and THEN, did 10 minutes of a new DVD I got yesterday: Kathy Smith's Tummer Trimmers. She sent me 3 of her workouts
rainbowf.gif
. She likes me! :eek: Anyways, there are 4 workouts on it, the one I did was "Core" focused. My abs were feeling it!

I'm so tired today. That stupid weekend really wiped me out. And my 13 yr old has been fresh,fresh, FRESH! to me in the morning the last 2 days. ooooh I wanted to ring his little neck this morning :mad:. Told me that I "..don't do anything around here but cook meals and do the dishes". ooooh little brat!! I was fuming!

So that's my state of mind this morning. OH, and it's raining and ALMOST 60 DEGREES out! What the heck??? :eek: Supposed to get colder tonight, thunderstorm and turn to snow. New England weather. Weird.

Vilma: I'm so sorry to hear you're having problems. I know, I hate to take medication too. I understand your frame of mind. but seems like maybe you NEED to. Just like a diabetic HAS to take insulin to live, you need your meds too. Hope things brighten once you're on a better schedule. Your workout for the day sounds good and
bliss.gif
for finishing up your shopping today!

Joanne: Sounds like we're following the same version of Debbie's rotation! In a way, I LIKE picking my cardio, on the other hand, I stand there and stair at my DVD's with no clue what to do! Yeah, I guess your governor is famous, huh? Wow..what a freakin mess there! Your news must be overrun with crap about it.

Beth: I was doing GS: Biceps and thinking I could NOT go back and do it over! You go! Oh NO about your Christmas Tree!! AND the nice ornament! I have a "thing" for Wizard of Oz, and my DH has bought me a bunch of Hallmark ornaments over the years from the movie. Well, my youngest broke one when we were putting up the tree last week. I had tears in my eyes! And he felt so bad. I wonder if your shaved cat was getting back at you? When we shaved Kiwi, he seemed so out of sorts. He didn't even liked to be touched. Oh the life of a cat! Sorry he's on his last one too. It's hard to get old and see your pets get old.

Speaking of cats, I have to make yet another trip to the grocery store for cat food. Ugh. Will probably pick up stamps for the Christmas cards I really need to start today!

My FRESH son has his Christmas concert tonight. Hopefully I get over being pissed at him by then....

Good morning. I had attempted again to try and wake up earlier than usual to work out before I got into work but it failed. I think I futzed too long and then when I started it I just kept on getting worried about the traffic and my DH has to get in by a certain time so I stopped it 10 minutes into it. At least I got the blood flowing. Actually, the whole house is such a chaotic zone that I want to come home early (maybe around 2) and clean, workout, launder, and make dinner. I sometimes wonder about the other science grad students live. Is it that they just live messier/don't upkeep their home or is that I work more than others because it just didn't seem like they seem as overwhelmed as I do in the general life sense. Actually, right now, my labmates seem to be doing slightly more experiments than me but that's because they're leaving for winter break and trying to get a lot done or I've been in a more planning/reading state lately. Ugh, I hate that feeling where I question if I'm up to task. Oh well, just got a shrug it off and "plow" forward to quote SP.

When I do get home, I'm going to do a circuit workout but probably C&W for a pick me up (my first real Cathe workout so it has a special place in my heart).

Vilma -- have fun with the Xmas shopping! Once you're done it you'll feel so relieved!

Beth -- I'm sorry about the tree. Are these real trees? I don't think my dog ever tipped over our tree...but my heart would break if ornaments were shattered. And your cat! Once the groomer shaved our dog down completely and I think she felt so ugly she hid for a couple days (but she was large so we could find her) but she honest to go seemed depressed. We never did that to her ever again because it made us so sad to see her so sad. Hopefully your cat's mood will pick up! Oh, and I wish I had your energy in the morning to work out. I'm trying to just shift the schedule a little by little. I'm hoping I can have it changed by the end of the year.

Joanne -- GS legs scares me :). How's the bathroom? Good job on getting the workout in.

back to scientific futzing...

Chris -- your son said that to you??? Woweee...I totally would have gotten slapped in the face for that. Once my younger cousins in India made a comment like that about their mothers, and both my mother and I were like, really?? Here you go -- gave them a pail and a rag and made them get on their hand and knees and wash all the floors in the apartment. That shut them up for a little bit. LOL! I think I like choosing my cardio but I do hesistate sometimes and I don't even have as many workouts as you! have fun with the rest of your day!

Chris, what your son said would make me angry too! My 12-year-old has shown flashes of "attitude" - lots of door slamming, etc. Parenting is tough! I always thought it would be easier when they got to school age, and it is, in some ways, but there's a whole other set of issues to deal with. Lots of fun ahead!! I'm with you, there's no way I was doing biceps twice! Yowsa! Yea, our governor is not making us look too good. They have his wife on tape spewing lots of obscenities and just nasty stuff. They have two school-aged girls - feel sorriest for them in this whole mess.

Hottie, your work seems so fascinating. To me, at least! My house is in a chaotic state right now, too. I've come to the realization that I can't juggle four kids and all their related school stuff, sports stuff, etc., a husband who works nights (means I'm on my own in the evenings with the kids after working all day), a full-time job, and keeping the house in order. So, the house gets the least attention. It bugs me to no end, though. No one else in the family seems to care. My SILs work full-time and have immaculate houses. How the heck do they do it? Spend eight hours on weekends cleaning, probably. I don't have the energy! Anyway, sorry to go off on a rant! The bathroom is coming along, slowly. It's finally primed and ready to paint. Hopefully DH will get on a coat today. It'll probably need two. We still need to get a vanity and stuff like towel racks.

Back to work....

Joanne

Hi ladies...

Checking in with 4DS: Low Intensity Step/shoulders, core and calves....Now I am off to take the kids to PE class and then to CCD...

Joanne, you are so right -- the upside of the tree incident is that I didn't notice it until after the workout. Thank you for helping me see the bright side. And, it's back up now and we've put together the pieces that say that it was Miss Gina's fault, not the cat! The cat was outside all night -- brrrr! He sleeps on a heating pad, but still, he must have been cold!

Chris, I meant to tell you the other day that when I have a very short night of sleep like you did, it's always the second day that feels worse!

As for house messiness and cleaning..... my house is a disaster now, and I'm not even redoing a bathroom! It seems that I am the only one bothered by it in my house, too. I'm not obsessive about keeping it clean, obviously!, but it does bug me when it goes past a certain point, and we are definitely there. I think you just have to try to loosen up and not let it bother you too much -- everyone has priorities, and for me, working out and being with my family take priority over having a perfect house.

-Beth

I swear I need a Calgon.
The kids are just driving me crazy... Always fighting, always egging each other on. And Zach, the 13 yr old terror, is so ornery and bossy.

Yes, Hottie... My son really said that to me. He's so miserable and making his brothers miserable. I'm sure he has a lot going on, but man oh man, he's making EVERYONE crazy here! Getting down and scrubbing the floor would have been GREAT retribution for his disrespect!! I'm going to have to remember that one and I'm going to tell him so! He is punished , believe me, but the floor would have been something he wouldn't forget. ... Sorry your life is crazy. I hate getting up late and feeling "behind" all day. And of course , our workouts are PRIORITY, doesn't the world understand that??? Add me to the messy house club. And I'm home most of the day, in between errands. What did I do this afternoon? Don't tell anyone, but I cranked the heat up to 70 :)eek:) , sat on the couch , watched DVR'd "Desperate Housewives" and ate peanut M&M's ..... shhhhhhhh!!!

Beth:
Oh yes. That lack of sleep is kicking in. and I'm irritible once again! And tired! Where's Vilma with the Eggnog when you need her?!?!?!? I'm sorry, but I LOL a little at Gina and the tree incident. She must have FREAKED out when it tumbled over!

Okay, gotta wake hubby and get dinner ready so we can go to Zach's Concert ...

*sigh*

Isn't the house/mess thing funny? We want it cleaner but it just creeps up and then it looks like a tornado has run through. I have a lower threshold than my husband (hence me taking time out to clean it and not him), but it just often slips away from that priority list. If only the world knew how important my workouts were...I could probably juggle everything. Actually, today has really made me think about what I need to do to rearrange my schedule so I can do everything I want but I think I have the foresight to realize that I will only be able to really do small changes at a time instead of everything at once.

On a side note, I usually have a mental speed limit of 75-80mph when driving on the freeway. My attitude is, there is no where you need to go in LA over 80mph. After driving up and down the I-5 and well over 80, it appears that my mental speed limit doesn't exist...

Ahh...now to decide the next couple hours. Probably housework, food, digestion, and C&W. But that C&W is GOING to happen.

Chris -- you can even tell your son that I'm the one who told you about the floors. I don't know what it is about cleaning floors and toilets, but no one likes to do them and it can stay in your mind for some time. :)

Hello Chicas!

Sorry, I don't have time for personals today. But, I hope you are all great and hope you enjoyed your workouts! Today I didn't workout because I had places to go too. I will workout tomorrow, but don't know which workout yet. Yesterday I did workout to RS and it was so hard to do it because my feet were hurting from Aero Jump/Sculpt workout. I sold it because I don't think that was good for my feet. I'm still in pain :( Oh well. But, I got me a different workout now. I'll BB tomorrow amigas! Have a goodnight :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.