Dec. 08 CHECK IN !! Tues 16th !!

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Whoops I got up late and had to gather my kids and get them ready for school so no early am post.

So I'm not feeling too good my head feels clogged up and my nose feels as if someone poured bleach inside my head it hurts; but my daughter still has her asthma but is well enough to attend school. Granted I give her a breathing treatment before she gets in the car and she has her inhaler at school so she knows when she needs me.

Thanks for all the well wishes for her, since my husband is at work while we all are sleeping I had her sleep in our bed so I can monitor her breathing and yup not much sleep.

Reason for getting up late my alarm went off but I thought I hit the snooze button not the off lol - all is well as I got them at school on time even through the dense fog ;)

Well off OI go to swing my kettlebells and do my non dvd workout with them.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited:
Goodmorning Vilma and all that follow.

Today I have to go to work this morning, but when I come back I’m thinking of doing some cardio and lower body workout. Not sure which cardio to do yet, but I think I will do Squeeze Stronger Lower Body workout. Ohh, my DH bought me my very first RYKA’s for Christmas:eek:!!!! It gets here on Friday!!!!! YAY!!! I hope they are great shoes though!

Vilma: Have fun with your Kettlebell workout! It’s foggy here today too!

I’ll BB later! I've been having this very small headache since last night and hasn't gone away:(! I don't like taking too much meds so I'm hoping it goes away by itself, if not, then I will take some Motrin after work.

Good Morning Girls!

I'm changing up my usual schedule today. I want to get to the Mall early and get some shopping done for DH. And then groceries, of course. I'll do my workout early afternoon instead.

FF's Rotation calls for Cardio Kicks, which I can NOT bring myself to do, so I'll do a Turbo Jam. And then C&W Abs.

Vilma: I hear ya on the lack of sleep. I was up frequently last night with Zach's blood sugar. 12:30, 2:30 and 5:00 and then up at 5:45 for good. I have a "tired" headache. But we must go on! You go with those kettlebells!

Ivy: Hope you have a good morning at work! Let us know what you end up doing besides Squeeze. Question for you, are there premixes on the Squeeze DVD? or do you just fast forward through it?

BBL!

Hi ladies! I wrote a nice long post yesterday, accidently hit some button and it dissappeared! :( It was time to get the kids from school and I never got back here!

Anyway, I'm still following FF's rotation. Yesterday was 4DS back and biceps and I added on Squeeze Lower Body Challenge. Chris, there's no premixes on that one, but it's only 30 minutes. The exercises are chaptered on the main menu so you could pick the ones you want. The Squeeze Stronger DVD is chaptered by upper and lower body.

Chris, I couldn't bring myself to do Cardio Kicks either! I got the new Kelly Coffey Meyer's DVDs in the mail yesterday so I did the kickboxing one. It was OK, but probably not my favorite of hers. It just didn't seem too intense, but that was OK for today. I also did the core/abs section. I think using weighted gloves like she is would make a big difference.

Vilma, hope you and your daughter are feeling better soon. I've gotten into the habit of letting Caitlyn sleep with me just about every night. DH is at work so I really don't mind. I know it's probably not a good idea, but after her surgery she slept with me because I didn't want to let her out of my sight! She has always woken up alot at night and we both sleep better if I don't have to run downstairs 2-3 times a night. When DH is home, she has no problem sleeping in her bed, so this works for us now!

Ivy, new shoes are fun! I've had a couple pairs of Rykas and liked them.

We're kind of going through the sickies here, too. Caitlyn has a horrible cold, which Ian and Colin are just getting over. It hit her the hardest, though. I can feel it coming on - my throat is scratchy.

Well, the bathroom is finally finished! All the fixtures are in and it looks great! We got our Christmas tree up and decorated this weekend. So much for my create holiday memories weekend! The tree decorating was fun, but we spent most of the weekend finishing the bathroom. We did make gingerbread cookies. The kids enjoyed it, but the cookies came out hard as rocks! They were fine at first, but after sitting for awhile they were so hard. Caitlyn wound up crying because she hurt her mouth when she bit down and then she was upset that Santa wouldn't like them! I promised we'd make more (different cookies!) before Santa came. ;) The dog went nutso over the cookies!! It was like catnip to a cat. I could probably sell them as dog treats!

OK, better get some work done...

Have a great day all!

Joanne

Just got done with my kettlebell work.

I really feel like I'm not getting in a really good workout since I'm not using dvds (must be all those years of just doing dvds) but by the time I'm done I have a hard time catching my breath and end up sweaty so I guess it really is a workout lol silly me.

Although I feel I have fallen off the wagon (I caught a quick glance in the OD section :p ) but maybe not.

Ivy I only use my Rykas when I workout (minus kettlebells I go barefoot) and I love mine. Granted I have my Nikes just for running.

So are you liking SqS? Its a nice dvd isn't it and gets inside those muscles deep and good :eek:

Chris I just don't know what it is w/ Cardio Kicks except for mine being in vhs format but I don't particulary care for it either lol and those guys in it don't do nothing for me at all :confused: Have fun w/ Turbo Jam.

You were up last night too eh? Goodness what we do for the heath and benefit for our kids - I wouldn't have it otherwise but its hard work being a mommy.

When my yougest has asthma as bad as its been the past few days I just can't sleep well at all at least having her in bed w/ me last night I could lay my hand on her chest and make sure she was breathing.

Scary stuff thankfully we only got up once last night to start the machine which involved turning on the lights. Of course she was sleeping with the mask on but I ended up picking up my book as it takes a good 15-20 m for the treatment and making sure she was propped upright. I couldn't get a good REM after that though

Have a good time shopping at the mall - dh and I plan on just walking around town tomorow and perhaps catch a movie on his day off.

Joanne - So are you seeing any results as far as weight loss or inches with this rotation yet?
I lurk over in that check in just to get a feel for that rotation and I have an inkling that I'll be starting it soon.

Oh here's hoping you guys feel better - My head still hurts, lets not even mention the burning bleach feeling I have in my nasal passages and I'm trying to stay away from my heachache medicine as I have an eyeball that bleeding under my cornea have no idea why but been using drops . I swear all the stress has finally caught up to me and my body is feeling it now.

Congrats on getting the house set up for the holiday I'm sure is a big weight off your shoulders now :)

Too funny about the dog loving the gingerbread cookies.

Well time for me to hit the showers soon and finishing my household chores here ick

picture.php

Hi All, I'm checking in late this morning.... sounds like we are all having an off or unusual day. I had an awful night of sleep so I just stayed in bed this morning. I hope to get to workout this afternoon. I do not own cardio kicks, and I also got the new KCM in the mail yesterday, so was going to do her kickboxing with gloves. I have never done one of hers, so I will have nothing to compare it to.

I have had a cold for a while now... yesterday was the first day in a long time that I finally didn't feel sick. Well, in the middle of the night my throat started hurting again. I am so mad!

Not much else to add, I guess.... I'm in a bit of a funk.

-Beth

Hello!

Well, my headache is still not gone and I’m not feeling quite well. I’m feeling lazy and tired and sleepy. Today I did TJ CP and added 15 mins of Squeeze Stronger (SS) Lower Body workout. I couldn’t finish the rest of the lower body because my head hurts. I have to get my DD in a little bit and have to THINK of what to cook for dinner. Last night I got an amazon.com gc from a Survey I took and decided to buy Tracey’s Hi/Lo Med Ball, does anyone here have it?? It looks fun and the music sounds good! I can’t wait to get it.

Chris: I hope you had a good time shopping! Is CK that bad?? I don’t have it but don’t know if it’s good or not. I did TJ CP1 today! You can do Squeeze Stronger as is which is whole body, or it’s divided in 2 which one is upper body/ waist and the other one is lower body/ abs. It’s really a great DVD! I love it!!

Joanne: I hope you all feel better. I’m starting to feel not so good myself. My head is kicking me hard! YAY!! On getting your bathroom done and your Christmas tree up!! LOL (about the cookies)! That happened to me last year! I made some cookies for everyone in my neighborhood and they came out hard as a rock! I heard you just have to cook them less time for them to be soft. We’ll see if it works when I try that again.

Vilma: WTG on your workout today! It would be hard for me to workout myself without a DVD. YES!! SqS is AWESOME!! I only did 15 mins of lower body and I can feel it already!! Now I can say that $29 was worth it.

Beth: Have fun with your workout this afternoon! I hope you feel better. Let me know what you think of KCM’s new workout!!! I really am thinking of buying those maybe next year in January when I get more Amazon.com GC.

Well, I think I will have to take that Motrin now. I need to get my DD from school and have to clean that kitchen, urgh! I’m just so not in the mood for anything today!

Have a good day everyone!

Hey Again!
dancegirl2.gif

I did my "Mall" run! So glad it's over! I hate the Mall during Christmas. It actually wasn't too bad. Kind of quiet there, oddly enough. No lines! Sweet! I spent a gazzilion bucks at Best Buy. DH should be happy this Christmas!

As I drove home, I got this urge to go for a run at the park!... We're supposed to get our first snow/ice/ick storm tonight, and that will be the end of park running for me. I haven't run there in MONTHS due to my broken toe and then achilles strain. So that's what I did for my cardio... instead of Cardio Kicks (
hitler.gif
). I enjoyed it, even though it's cloudy and 34 out. AND , it was tough finishing up. My legs started getting tired. They are SO out of condition for running, obviously. But it felt great!

I came home and did C&W's Abs (tough one!).

Joanne: I've done that before, typed out a huge post, and then my finger hits something and it wipes it out! Hate when that happens! Thanks for the info on Squeeze Stronger. Is Squeeze Lower body Challenge on Squeeze stronger? Sorry your kiddos are sick too. Tis the season, I swear. My middle son has been coughing and sniffling for a week too. Hope he keeps it to himself! Start taking Zicam NOW!... It really helped me last time. ...
greenstars.gif
your bathroom is done! That was the fastest renovation I've ever heard of! LOL @ your cookies! Poor Caitlyn!!

Vilma: I was thinking about you not using DVDs today. I'm not sure I could do that entirely! But the KB's are easier to sneak in here and there. Do you listen to music? And if you're sweating, you are working OUT, you know!!! Yeah, Cardio Kicks does NOT do it for me either. Those guys in the back seem so awkward being there. They make me uncomfortable! LOL! ... Hope your daughter AND you have a better night tonight! Oh! What movie will you go see??? That sounds like a lovely day with DH, I'm jealous!

Beth: What's happening there? Why are you funky? Is it just exhaustion and the busy-ness of the holiday? Maybe a good fun workout will help? ...

Oh I have to tell you about this phone call I got last night at 10:30pm! Now, MY son Zach is 13 and this phone call sounded VERY real. Here's how it went:

Me: Hello
Caller: Hi, Is Zach there?
Me: Ummm... it's 10:30, he's in bed right now.
Caller: But it's very important, I NEED to talk to him. (sounding panicky)
Me: Who's calling?
Caller: Christina, it's important , it's about our child. (says with quivering voice)
Me: What? Who's child?
Caller: OUR child. (now she is SOBBING in the phone) We have a child together.
Me: What? Ummmm... I think you have the wrong number.
Caller: Oh, I'm sorry...

Geesh, I was so freaked out about it. Thinking what I'd feel like if something like this happened in the future. ....
Oh MY!!!!

I couldn't fall asleep for an hour after that!

Chris dear lordy about that phone call- if anything sounds like a rotten stupid prank by a girl who likes your son. I wouldn't worry about it at all and don't even bother losing sleep. If you have caller id call back and find out why or who if anything block he number.

Chris, wow, that phone call would freak me out! Do you think it was someone playing a prank who knows you or Zach or just a weird coincidence? Either way it's a bit frightening! I wouldn't be able to sleep either. Good for you for getting in a run. It's really invigorating to run in the cold. Squeeze Lower Body Challenge is a separate DVD than Squeeze Stronger. SqS does have a lower body premix, though. Yep, this was our fastest renovation ever. One year is about the norm for us. ;( It's a tiny room with no tub, so that helped. And, the fact that we are having Christmas Eve at our house. And, more importantly, the fact that that it is DH's bathroom - you know how men are about those things. ;) Or so he says it is his - he doesn't like anyone else to use it. So all the kids do just to bug him!

Ivy, I have hi/lo med ball (of course!). I thought it was really fun. Do you like dancy stuff? There's a bit of that on there - 3 or 4 combos. There's a dance premix and an athletic premix. I plan on trying the athletic premix - I think it would be fun. Otherwise, the workout as is is dancy and athletic mixed. The athletic is kind of kick boxing. There's really not much med ball in it, though. Hope you are feeling better too! This is a horrible time of the year for sickies!

Beth, ((())), hope you can lift up your spirits! Did you try the new KCM? How was it?

Vilma, I wish I could tell you if I had results with this rotation. The problem is I can't keep stuffing my face. :( I tend to eat when I'm stressed and things have been stressful. I've only gained a few pounds and my clothes don't really feel tighter, so I think the workouts are helping to offset some of the junk. I get so mad at myself because if I ate better I'd see more results. Oh well, it's a vicious circle. I have been adding in leg work, though, cause I don't think there's enough for me - that's definitely my trouble area.

Remind me again why I live here? Sunday was 50 degrees - nice but so windy. Monday was, um, I think a high of like 8 degrees. Today it's a snowstorm. I'm dreading leaving here for the commute home. Luckily I take the train, but I'll have to dig my car out of the parking lot and then drive a couple miles home in this. Wish me luck!

Time to bundle up for the trek home....oh, and my son's band concert is at 6:30. I'm hoping I get home in time to see it.

Joanne

HI ladies..

Checking in today with Imax 2..Then I went out shopping while the kids were in drawing lessons. I think I have finished Christmas shopping now. I did Florida relatives on the internet and mailed them to my sisters..That made that a little easier!! Now I am going to make some gingerbread bread to put in with the cookies I made for the kids CCD teachers..

Chris: I would have been panicky too...How weird with that call!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.