Dec. 08 CHECK In == Fri. 12th ==

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Hey Gals!

Not much to report here besides doing various moves using my kettlebells - I've been laddering my 8 & 12 kg bells I really need a 16 kg but its working for me and those TGUs are good too.

Today I will be getting Christmas packages and cards ready for the post office. I got bubble wrap but now dh says I need to go and get some packing peanuts too so I need to get to office depot for some of that.

Good thing I plan on bringing my ipod and book to read while waiting in line at the Post Office today :rolleyes:

I believe dh and I are done with the shopping so maybe after this weekend I can get back to my dvds.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

picture.php

Goodmorning Vilma and all that follow.

Today I probably have to go to the store (and I didn't want to go out today) to buy a gift for a B-day tomorrow. Don't know which workout will I do today yet, but I was thinking a TLT since I've bought it a long time ago and still haven't tried one. Since yesterday I did cardio I can do a TLT for weights or something. We'll see. I hope you all have a nice workout today!

Vilma: I want a KB so bad!!! Ever since swinging that thing at Target I fell in love with it. I hope to buy one soon! I hope the PO line isn't that long for you.

I'll BB later :)

Good morning and happy Friday! I did IMAX 2 this morning -- so fun! I put in 200 kbell swings before the cooldown -- I think I will see if I can do a month of tacking on 200 swings every day. Am I nuts?!

How did the "neighborhood shopping" go, Vilma?

Chris, I meant to tell you it's very cool that Kathy Smith sends you her dvds! How fun to be surprised with that.

Have a great day everyone! Good luck getting all the holiday and other stuff done!

-Beth

Hi everyone! Today I did GS Back and Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix. I did GS Back since I was supposed to do it Monday, I think and did triceps instead. So, tomorrow I'll just do GS shoulders and some cardio. I now remember why I don't do HISM very often - the choreography on a couple combos is so confusing. I got most of it by the end, but was thinking I just have just done Imax2! Oh well.

Beth, I think it's a great add-on to do the swings.

Ivy, I have the TLT's and guess what? I've never tried them! Well, I take that back...I think I did the better buns, better something or other one. Can't remember if I liked it or not! I really need to go through all my DVDs and give away or sell some.

Vilma, good luck at the post office! Good idea to bring entertainment! I have a California gift I need to send off. No wait, I need to buy it first!!

The bathroom is painted! Yea! I love the color. I was really nervous about it because I'm terrible at picking out paint colors. It's kind of a bluish-gray, but looks really cool. DH is supposed to put the trim in today and tomorrow we'll shop for the other stuff and hopefully finish up.

Lots to do this weekend....I've promised the kids the house will look like Christmas by Sunday! Wish me luck!

We have our company holiday party this afternoon, so I probably won't be back here. Everyone have a great day!

Joanne

Hey Girls!

Still had a little headache this morning, but not bad. Just a little pressure when I woke up.

Had 2 cups of high-test, and still felt groggy.

Went and did IMAX2 Intervals 1-5! and I woke UP! Headache GONE, WIDE AWAKE! Nothing like a little IMAX2 to do the trick! I absolutely LOVE this workout, the music puts me in the best mood to work out to. The part where you do the 3 jump kicks and the guy starts singing ... LOVE it!

One thing I did NOT like was stopping after interval #5! I wanted to get to the Pina Coloda Song! ... But I also want to give this "less" cardio a day a shot too. So, i relented.

I added on a Stability Ball Abs segment from Kathy Smith's "Tummy Trimmers". It was good, had some good moves in it, not QUITE as challenging as some of Cathe's though.

Vilma: DAMN good thinking on bringing your iPod and book to the Post Office! You go on those KB's! I saw some in the Dick's flyer ... and they looked so "cute". I might like the idea of doing them to my own music too. I miss running and listening to my "stuff". Maybe I'm leaning a TINY bit closer to getting me some. Perhaps next year...

Ivy: What the heck is TLT? I know I am relieved I don't have to go to a store today. I'm reserving today for cleaning and baking cookies for a work Cookie Swap we're doing this weekend.

Beth: I do love IMAX2 too! You are too crazy with those KB's. A little addicted? LOL!! I know, Kathy really is NICE! She's amazing for her age too. And she's sooooo tiny, you don't get that from videos and pictures. I bet Cathe is that way too!

I really should get some cleaning done, while I "refrigerate" my cookie dough for an hour...

BBL!

I must have just missed you, Joanne!

I know, Ivy got my thinking about getting a Tracy Step video, but after reading what you thought about it being complex choreography, I'm thinking I changed my mind. I can NOT do complex choreo on a step. It frustrates me, and I just don't get it. I have a few videos I tried to do and they sit untouched. One is one with Patrick Goudeau. OMG..he blows me away!

Hurray! for finishing your bathroom! That must feel good! ....

have fun at the party AND this weekend with the kiddos!

Hola!!!

Well, today I decided to give TLT Strength in Movement a try and it was actually great. It has a lot of variety so it doesn’t make it boring. I don’t have a medicine ball so I used a 3lb weight. My upper body is going to feel this tomorrow though. I was going to add some TJ but still not sure if I will later on.

Beth: WTG on Imax 2. Such a fun workout!

Joanne: WTG on your workout! I have the other TLT’s too and haven’t tried them all except the one I did today. So far I liked Strength in Movement. I just traded on of my DVDs for HISM; I can’t wait to try it. I’m so glad to hear your bathroom painting is finished. I hope that your house is Christmas ready by Sunday! P.S. Before you put your DVDs to sell, PM me:eek:, LOL!

Chris: WTG on Imax 2. I love that workout!! I’m glad your headache is gone! TLT is Tracie Long Training DVDs. I bought them a WHILE back and haven’t tried them till today, but only one, still got 3 more to go, LOL!!! Have fun baking yummy cookies! Believe me Chris, I know some step workouts like Tracey or even Amy's are kind of complex, but once you learn it it's SUPER fun:D. What I do to learn them is one combo at a time and it works that way. I don't stop working out until I've learned one combo, then I try the next one right away, if not I wait for the next time.

Well, going to take a shower and hopefully in the night we might go out to eat at a restaurant here in town if not order Pizza Hut ( I know, I know:eek:, LOL). Have a great Friday everyone! We might be watching Fred Claus tonight with DD.

Hi All!
4869.gif

I survived the long wait at the post office and yup took my book and ipod.... rereading my Outlander book while listening to Clair de lune :D so I didn't have to hear anyone's groans and sighs as I read and waited
11.gif
with all my boxes of course the husband came as I needed help carrying them all.

Now I just need to finish wrapping the local gifties over the weekend and get my dd's 5th grade class some gift bags with goodies for her class party next Friday :rolleyes:

Ivy who knows maybe Santa already has one for you? I really enjoy the freedom of the kettlebells...I get a great workout in a short amount of time and its all up to me. I get out of it what I put into it, but I do miss my 'formal' dvd workouts but its just been so crazy here. Enjoy your pizza - thats what I have in the oven for the kids for dinner since I need to finish christmas cards and wrapping.

Beth Yay you for getting that wo in :) I love Imax 2 it puts me in such a happy frame of mind and 200 swings you go girl! The other day I counted and did 180 so I just need to keep remembering to count lol. Some days depending oh how I feel I'll do more or less.

We tried the 'neighborhood' shopping but the weather was crazy so we just drove around through some older established communities as the new developments were to soggy and muddy to walk through. We still want to move into our 1st choice which is the middle of everything but are looking at other developments the builder is working on as contingency plans.

Joanne
I'm sure you are releived that the bathroom is coming along just before your company arrives. Sounds like a nice tranquil color you chose :)

Chris glad that headache is history.

Okay what the heck is high test ? Is that another word for coffee? :eek:

Kettlebells looking cute? Yeah I can agree with you I have the perform better vinyl coated ones and I'm so lusting after that red 35 pounder - soon I tell myself. They do look cute all lined up from loset to highest weight :p

Well Amigas have a great evening I'll be listening to my soft classicals as I wrap gifts
17.gif
and write out cards
2.gif
; man I sure wish I could have some wine but I can't now with the meds I'm on - bummer:rolleyes:

julgran.gif

picture.php

Hi ladies...

Checking in today with 4 DS high intensity step: Chest & back...I used my new weighted gloves that I ordered from Cathe.com...I really liked them..

I will be baking this weekend..I like to make Christmas cookies for the kids CCD teachers..It is so much fun!!

Vilma: I was at the post office today too...The line was outrageous. Luckily, our post office has one of those computer machines. It was WAY faster!!

I cannot believe it! My 7 year old has a friend over, and they managed to pop my "burst-proof" Cathe stability ball. I'm so annoyed -- I already put in a sort of gratuitous order to SNM to get my 20% off for my calendar order. I could use that! Ug! Maybe I'll just go to a sporting goods store and get one locally.

Joanne, good work on the painting -- I'll bet you are thrilled! When we painted our office earlier this year, the color picked was called "Beach Bum" -- a lot of the choice was based on the name. :) The color is a sort of greenish/grayish/sand color. Sounds awful, doesn't it, but it's really nice!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.