Deanines Rotation Check In 1/22

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!

Today is a working day for me. I am subbing at the nursery school for a teacher thru wed. very exciting. We had snow yesterday, so I don't have to go in till 10am! I'm happy the school is less than a mile away and I don't have to go far.

Today was S&H chest and back. I upped my weights again, well I'm not sure, If I did 25# for 2 sets of chest press last time, I did 3 sets this time, so Im not sure if that counts:). I did increase in either weights and/or sets. Anyway, I had a great workout and my chest and back is pumped!!

Tracee- hope you did well today also.

Marcy- did you start your new rotation?

Have a great day all,
BBL,

Deanie

Congrats Deanie on having a great workout this morning.

I was also able to increase my weights on every exercise. I increased a lot on chest press but I think I had gone light last week too. I did 10's last week and this morning I did one set at 12's and then did the last two at 15's. I also added wrist weights when I did my deadlifts so I could go heavier. So I was doing about 18#'s in each hand for those. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. :)

My quads are still feeling sore from Saturday's leg workout but in a good way. Were you sore Deanie?

Marcy - Hope you'll be checking in this morning and letting us know what rotation you're following.

Have fun at school today Deanie. My boys had the day off today for records day so they'll be playing in the snow I'm sure.

BBL. Tracee

Tracee- Way to go!!! great job upping your weights. I am always amazed at how much I can lift if I try, I always think heavy weights are for guys, but now I'm finding thats not true. I don't think I would lift so heavy if it weren't for cathe.com.! I'm thinking of doing DM ultra cardio tomorrow instead of friday, because your shoulders and legs are worked. I'm also thinking, if I do that to do the first cardio section with a 3# weight instead of 5#. What do you think? (then do Imax 3 on Fri.) And yes my legs were sore from Sat. workout, which is also why I'm thinking of doing DM tomorrow. Last week doing KPC the day before legs, I think I prefatigued my legs.

My DH is home today, because the kids have off and I am working, so my kids are also playing in the snow today!!:) They were out there at 9:30!!!!

Marcy- Did you guys get snow? Also, my DS actually asked for a "day off" the meds yesterday, so we gave it to him. We weren't sure, but he was not bad without it. you could tell he wasn't on it, and needed some reminders, but all in all better than we had anticipated.:)

BBL,

Deanie

Hi guys - sorry I didn't get a chance to check-in this weekend.

Saturday night I did Drill Max. Could only go low impact because DH was sleeping and didn't want to wake him by jumping around. Still had a great workout but didn't do much of Cycle 6. I think I used the same weights as Cathe throughout, except I went a little heavier for shoulders in Cycle 5.

Today I did Cardio Fusion. What a great workout! Did it on 8" through the power circuits. Only went up to DM cardio #2 and then did the stretch and LIC abs. Those banana holds are tough. I found she did a lot of oblique work in this one. I got too worn out to do the air jacks and tucks on the last blast but otherwise I had a great workout.

Deanie - Great work on S&H legs. I've gone up to 50# as well on the squats too. This month I'm trying not to do weighted leg work so I'm not doing any barbell squats. Great job also on S&H chest. Last time I did it, I did 19.5 for chest presses. I hate chest work. It's really hard for me. I don't see a problem with using 5# for Drill Max Cardio #1. It's not that heavy. I don't find that drill too difficult. Drill Max seems to work the shoulders a lot; not so much for triceps. Hope your day goes well teaching. I don't start my new rotation until next Monday. I'm glad things are working out with your DS and his meds.

Tracee - Good work on S&H. I sent out your video on Saturday. Hope you like it.

I only got a little snow this weekend. Nothing bad.

BBL. Have a great day everyone.

Marcy

Deanie - You are absolutely right, I would never have tried to go this heavy if it weren't for this site. It feels great to know that I'm improving too! I like the idea of doing DM tomorrow too. I can never remember what the different premixes have in them so I'm going to go look and see what Ultra Cardio has in it so I can mentally prepare. :7

Tracee

Tracee - Ultra Cardio premix

Ultra Cardio Blast 63 ½ minutes

Warm up
Drill 1 (repeat)
Drill 2 (repeat)
Drill 3 (repeat)
Drill 4 (repeat)
Drill 5 (repeat)
Drill 6 (repeat)
Cool down/stretch

Marcy

Thanks Marcy. You saved me a lot of time having to search for this.

We missed you this weekend. It's hard to keep the check in going when there is only two of us. ha! ;)

Have a great day.

Tracee

Marcy- Hi! we missed you this weekend. Yes, I usually do what Cathe does in DM also, but since we're doing heavy weight work before and after DM I was thinking of going lite with the first cycle. We are only doing the cardio. What do you think? Does it make a difference, 5# or 3?

Tracee- Hope your kids had fun in the snow today!- Good! DM ultra cardio tomorrow. This is the only premix I haven't done for DM that I wanted to. I am excited for tomorrow!

School was fun today. It was an hour delayed opening, so it went really quickly. I like the kids in this class and the teachers, so it was good!

have a good day all!
Deanie

Hey Deanie!

I don't think 3# or 5# would make too much of a difference. 3# is pretty light so I don't know how much you'll feel it. She does 2 sets of this drill. Why don't you try one set with 3 and the other with 5?

Glad your day went well in school.

Marcy

Marcy - I like that idea of doing one set with the 3 and one with the 5. Very smart.

Deanie - Is it bad that I'm already dreading doing some of the cardio drills twice? :7 One time through is bad but twice, wow!

Talk to you guys tomorrow. I'm heading home for the day and probably won't get back on the computer.

Tracee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.