Deanies Rotation Check in Wednesday 5/23

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :)

Today was back and bi. I changed some things around and used the timesaver dvd for some excersises. Before this rotation, I never used the timesaver dvd, but it has some good bonus excersises and I would tack it on next time I do one body part a day.

stats:
ps
T bar rows 52 1/2# /10 reps (went up 21/2#)
bent over rows 55#/10 reps (went up 5#)
barbell curls 35#/10 reps (stayed same)
seated db curls 17#/10 reps (same)
bent over rows underhand grip 55#/10 reps (up 5#)
1 arm row 30#/10 reps (down 2#- for got to add on the 2#)
negative curls w/bb: 35#/10 reps
concentration curls: 17#/8 reps(last week could only do 4 @ 17#)
gs (all weights stayed same except hammer curl sets)
db row: 27#/10 reps
back extentions
bb curl 35#/8 reps
db partial curl: 14# one set
t back squeeze w/band: 10
bb pullover: 35#/8reps
curl turn down: 15#/10
hammer curl: 17#/6 finished with 15# to make 10 reps
t back squeeze w/band: 10
Db 1 arm row: 32#/8 reps
db partial curl: 12# 1 set
hammer curl: 15#/8
timesaver:
2 arm row: 20#/10 reps
deadrow: 55#/8 reps
concentration curl on ball: 15#/8 reps
regular curls: 30# barbell/8 reps

I am really feeling it in my back and bi already!

My DS won his baseball game last night so they are still in the playoffs!:) I don't think they will win the championship, they just aren't consistant, but I think they can come close!

Tracee- Lost is on tonight, I think it is the final episode this year. The last few weeks have been good! I heard they do know where they are going with this story and the shows final ending will be in 2010! So I will be staying up for it tonight, I hope I can get up in the a.m. tomorrow:)

Gin- I'm glad you had a nice visit with your parents and DS. Short and sweet is the way to visit!

Marcy- Looking forward to seeing your stats! HOpe you had a good workout.

Off to the dentist!!

BBL,
Deanie

Good Morning!
I did not get enough sleep and felt dizzy this morning. (Probably the new headache medicine!) So I didn't go to yoga and run like I had planned to do. Today is my last Bible Study until Sept. and then going to lunch with a friend, so I'll have to exercise this aft.x(

Deanie--You are lifting so heavy...esp. with back. Glad your DS is doing so well with the baseball. That is fun to watch. Are you planning to do B&G Leg blast again this week????

Tracee--How was the facial?

Marcy--My Apolianne won last night!! I really thought it was going to be Joey.

Have a great day! I'll be back to report that I DID workout!:D
Gin

Gin- I AM:) planning to do B&G leg blast again! I did B&G weighted ab work today, I forgot how good that is. I will definately need some yoga tomorrow! I hope you had a nice lunch with your friend and you get to do some workout today!!

Deanie

Hello all!

I got up late again today. Third Wednesday in a row. I guess I'm staying up too late watching DWTS and American Idol! Did Back & Biceps but didn't get to do Ab Ripper X (again:( ) Biceps are improving but I'm still better at back exercises.

Wide front pullups: Attempted 5 (3 halfway, 2 1/4 way)
Lawnmowers: 9 reps at 33# (went up 2#)
21s: 21 reps at 15#
One-Arm Cross Body Curls: 8 reps at 15#
Switch Grip Pull-Ups: Attempted 6 (1 bar level, 1 at 3/4 way, 2 halfway, 2 1/4 way) (attempted 1 more than last time)
Elbows-Out Lawnmowers - 8 reps at 33# (went up 2#)
Standing Bicep Curls: 11 reps at 16# (went up 1#)
One-Arm Concentration Curls: 9 reps at 15# (1 more rep)
Corn Cob Pullups: Attempted 2 (these are REALLY HARD!)
Reverse Grip Bent-Over Rows: 8 reps at 29# (I've been at this weight for 3 weeks and it's not getting any easier)
Open Arm Curls: 10 reps at 15#
Static Arm Curls: This is supposed to be a 16 rep exercise. I'm now up to 13 reps at 15# (1 more rep than last time.)
Towel Pullups: Attempted 6 (5 halfway, 1 quarterway)
Congdon Locomotives: This is a 40 rep exercise. Went up to 16# (1# more than last time)
Crouching Cohen Curls: 10 reps at 15# (2 more reps than last time)
One-Arm Corkscrew Curls: 10 reps at 15#
Chin-Ups: Attempted 5 (1 more than last time) 1 at 3/4way, 2 halfway, 1 1/4way)
Seated Bentover Back Flys: 12 reps at 19# (went up 2.5#)
Curl-Up Hammer Down: 7 1/2 reps at 15# (I'm still falling apart on hammer curls)
Hammer Curls: 7 1/2 reps at 15#
Max Rep Pull-Ups: Attempted 4 (1 more than last time) 1 at bar level
:), 1 at 3/4, 1 at 1/2, 1 at 1/4way)
Supermans
In-Out Hammer Curls: 2 reps at 15#, 6 reps at 13# (this is really a total of 16 reps as in/out counts as 1 rep)
Strip-Set Curls: 2 reps at 19#, 5 reps at 16#, 5 reps at 15# and 5 reps at 13#. I actually went down in reps on this exercise.

I HATE BICEP WORK!

Deanie: I wasn't sure I was reading right. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw you went up 21.5#! You go, girl!:) Great workout! Congrats to your DS on his game. Hope your visit to the dentist is painless.

Gin: I voted for Joey and wanted him to win but I'm still happy Apoliane won. They deserved it. They were consistent and they always looked beautiful together. They had great chemistry. We'll be waiting to hear about your workout (so you better do it!) Hope it's a good one.

Tracee: Hope you had a nice relaxing facial and that you have a great workout.

Marcy

Marcy- that would be 2 and a half (2 1/2)pounds!!!LOL:7 :p :7

And I am impressed with your weight work!!I think if you go up during the workout, by the time you get to the last excersise, your muscles are fried! I know by the time I got to the timesaver bb curls, there was no way 35# was happening!

Deanie

I am thinking of buying the isculpt ballet workouts. Have any of you guys tried them? Marcy? I think they would be a good alternative to the heavy lifting for my legs. I just have to have my DH download them for me:)

Deanie

I don't have them but people over at videofitness.com rave about them. There are a bunch of iballet threads for you to look through. I've thought about them but I really like to have something visual (not that I don't know the ballet terms). They come with downloadable worksheets as well which explain the moves. I've heard some of them are quite tough. I think there are at least 16 of them by now. I would definitely look at videofitness and see if these are for you.

Are you getting tired of heavy lifting for your legs, bulking or just need a change?

Marcy

Just a change from the lifting. I have some ballet workout videos, and I like them, but they are not challenging. These seem worth a try. certainly the price is right!

Deanie

I have also heard good things about the new Squeeze workout by Tracy Effinger. Collage has a quick clip and there are some threads over on OD and also a bunch at videofitness. How much are the iballets?

Marcy

any where from $4.99 to $6.99. I did check out the squeeze clip on collage, but it didn't do any thing for me.:)

Deanie

The clip didn't seem to be everything I wanted either but then I think "it's only a 60 second clip, how much can they show?"

Marcy

So what's everyone doing for yoga tomorrow? I think for me it will be Baron's Next Challenge but I haven't decided yet.

Marcy

I put in BB next challenge, but not sure if I will have the time. If I am pressed for time I will do David Swenson. I liked BB, its just long.

Deanie

I really am going to go run on the treadmill in a minute and then do DS yoga. I am running out of time. Yesterday I did Biceps and Back and abs (B&G ankle weight abs) and I realized that I am not sore very often anymore. Are you guys? I think I will do B&G Leg Blast and then L&G floor work tomorrow. I saw someone post that combo from Debbie's May rotation.}(

Gin

Hi guys. You've been busy chatting the last couple of days and it looks like I've missed a lot. My facial was great and I really did see a difference in my skin. When I've had other ones done it's felt good but I've never felt like it made a difference in my skin.

Today I did the back and bi workout and increased where I could in most exercises. Deanie is right when she says that when you increase you are fried by the last one. I was trying to lift 12's for the last bicep curls and could only get about 5 out. I had done 10 the last week.

I had to stay home today because my dd was sick in the night. She hasn't been sick today so hopefully it was just a one time event. We're going to be out of town Fri. night to Sat. so I won't be able to get my workout in on Saturday. Depending on how the baseball games go I may not be able to make up the workout on Sunday because we may have to go back for an early game.

I think it's going to be BB next challenge for me tomorrow. I think that's the one I have anyway. Ha!

Have a good evening.

Tracee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.