Deanie's Rotation Check In Wednesday 1/3/07

Good Morning Ladies!

Gin and Deanie - thanks for mentioning the High Step workouts yesterday. I don't have either of them but I asked hubby to buy one of them for me for Christmas. He ordered late and it still hasn't arrived. I can't remember which one I asked him to get though. I loved your descriptions Deanie and I kind of hope that I'm going to get the High Step Challenge. I do not like leg presses and I know I would probably skip those most of the time if I had HSTA.

I slept in until 6:00 so I took the scheduled rest day. I wasn't planning on it but when my alarm went off at 5:00 I decided I was too tired and I should sleep another hour. I'm glad I did because my legs are sore from yesterdays KPC workout. Ouch!!

Gin - how are you doing with your no sweets challenge? I did good yesterday and didn't have anything sweet other than the chocolate milk.

Okay, time for me to get back to work so have a great day guys.

Tracee

Good Morning Ladies!
Deanie--Thank you also for the detailed description of the 2 High Step w/os. I think I also would be interested in HSC, but at a later date because....*****I am sooo excited***** I purchased Hardcore Extreme, Supersets/Push Pull, Timesaver, Rhythmic Step/IMAX/MIC, and Power Hour/MIS/Body Max from ebay last night all for $46.00!!! These will keep me busy for a while!!;-) Only other Catheites would understand my excitement!:7 Do you ladies have any of these w/o and any you esp. like or don't??

Tracee--WTG on the no sweets challenge!! I did well yesterday until my DS (VERY SKINNY I might add) talked me into making chocolate chip shortbread cookies last night. I had a small bite of the batter, but I am not so interested in the baked cookie, so that is the end of that.

I took a yoga class today (gym is open again) and rode the stationery bike for 30 min. I am so ready for some real cardio! Hopefully soon.

Have a great day!
Gin

Good Morning :)

Got my haircut(2.5 inches off) and highlighted (very blond highlights, I'm a brunette naturally) and my 2 boys didn't notice, okay they're young, and my husband didn't notice!!!!! MEN!!!!:)

Today was a scheduled rest day but I did BC instead. We are leaving early on Sat. for Jersey and it looks like I'm going to have to take the weekend as my days off. So I'm bummed we will all be off rotation this week.
I'm glad you guys liked my descrioption of the step workouts, I was thinking they were a little long winded!!
I purchased Circuit Max and S&H on dvd on Sun. and they shipped today! I hope they don't come on Sat. when I'm not here!!!

Tracee- Good Job on the no sweets ( I still think NO sweets is soooo hard). I hope you got HSC also if you don't like leg presses, but you will enjoy either!!!:)

Gin- *****I am so excited for you!!!****** I can't believe you got all those dvds for 46.00. Great workouts and a great price!!!! A bargain! LOL I am very happy for you, and yes, only other Catheites would understand. My DH just laughs at me!!(In a good way)

eta: You will love these workouts! they are great. PH is my favorite muscle endurance workout! great ab work!!The only workout you got that I have and have never used is the timesaver. Hardcore extreeme is great and the others are all fun! I love RS workout! Let us know when you get them and we can work them into the rotation!

Have a great day!
Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Deanie--Thank you for sharing in my excitement. I did have PH, RS, SS and PP taped from FitTV, but I would much rather have the full dvd version. Are there any Cathe dvds you don't own?:p How nice to have so many to choose from!
About 15 years ago, I was quite blonde, and I am naturally a very dark brunette. I decided to go back to my natural color, not even knowing what it was really. Well, it turned out one shade from black and it was such a shock that people didn't recognize me!! It was not a good decision that I made!:-( I'll bet your hair looks good and how nice to have naturally curly hair. Mine just tends to curl and frizz a little.

Enjoy your day!
Gin

There is so much I want to type that I probably won't remember it all. Ha!

Gin - Congrats on the great purchases. My mouth was wide open in surprise and happiness when I read what you bought and the price. I have never had any success buying on ebay so I'm super jealous. I think that is the way I'm going to do it if I decide to buy any of Cathe's older workouts.

I have RS, Push/Pull, Supersets and Timesaver and I love all of them. I bought RS as a used video and it took me a few tries before I liked it but once I was able to do all the steps it was fun.

Deanie - Sorry that the men in your life didn't notice your hair change. Do you notice your hair being dryer or frizzier after getting the highlights? I was told years ago that since I have naturally curly hair, I shouldn't get highlights because it would cause too much frizz. I no longer go to that hair dresser but that comment has scared me and prevented me from trying highlights.

I'm going to have to ask my husband when my Cathe dvd is due to arrive. I'm thinking that it should have arrived already but maybe since we haven't had mail in a few days it got delayed.

Deanie - are you sore from the kickbox routine yesterday?

Tracee

Gin- I have all Cathe's workouts except the beginer ones. I am now slowly changing the videos I have to dvd. I like being able to do the rotations and not substitue (remember, I'm anal:)! ) Then I discovered A-Jocks mish moshes and was mad I had videos because its harder to do the mish moshes with videos, so I started switching over to dvd. Yes, I like having curly hair, but it took me till 10th grade to appreciate it. Until then I would straighten it out with a large round brush and then be upset when it inevitably frizzed!!! Finally I found someone who could cut curly hair and gave it a style instead of the typical "mushroom" look. :)
PS- I would like to be a red head but its to much time and money to keep going back and getting it colored every 6 weeks! What color is your hair now?

Tracee- I've never had a problem with highlights frizzing or drying out my hair. I started highlights about 4 yrs. ago and would only do it once or twice a year. But this year I started doing "partial" highlights, where the highlights are "updated" every 3 months, so its always looking new. Hope I explained that right. I never dry my hair with a hairdryer, so that may have something to do with it. And I get it done at the salon, also may play a part in it. I would talk to your hairdresser and see what they say.

Hope you get your new dvd soon. I would think it should be coming today or tomorrow. (there was no mail on Tues. so that could make a difference)

Tracee- No, I wasn't sore this am. But I think KM is not as intense as KPC. more cardio and less kickbox. KPC is my favorite kickbox! I do think I will be sore tomorrow though! I already have DOMs from BC!!

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

This is the 3rd time I have posted today...I need to go back to work!;)
Tracee--Let us know when your new dvd comes. And when you do it, how you like. That may be the next one I want. When you have tried to make a bid on ebay, what is the problem? Do you not have the highest bid? My DH loves a challenge and he has figured out how to do it with usual success. Don't make any bids until the last 30 seconds and then you are usually the highest bidder. Okay...I'm giving away our secret.:eek: Maybe everyone already know this??

Deanie--My hair color now is a dark blonde. I color it myself and have for years. It's not difficult and just do it every 3-4 weeks. Highlights are so pretty. I can be quite anal, too. I like all of the cans and bottles turned so I can see the labels. Okay, now I sound like Julia Robert's husband in Sleeping with the Enemy!! I'm not crazy, just obessisve compulsive about some things.:7

Gin

Gin - Yes, the problem with ebay is that I always get outbid and I figured out that the only solution was to be watching it at the very end. That seemed too time consuming to me and I guess the site itself was a little overwhelming. I'm definitely going to try again after hearing about your great deal.

Deanie - Thanks for the tips on the highlights. I'll talk to my new hair dresser about them. Of course I'm tight with money too so I hate to spend the money for something like that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.