Deanies Rotation Check In Wacky Wednesday:)

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

I won Baron Baptiste Next Challenge level 2 on ebay! Thanks Marcy!!:) I got it for 5.50 and 2$ shipping!! I actually made the bid when there was 2 hours to go, because I had to go to a meeting. I thought for sure I would be outbid! LOL I woke up this morning and saw I won! Exciting!!

Today was the last day of day 3 and I really pushed myself to muscle failure. I planned to really up my weights and only do 8 reps. My muscles were really fried by the end of the workout. I also did CTX kickbox planks and MM abs. I forgot how hard the MM abs are.

Stats:
overhead press: 20# 8 reps both sets
preacher curls: 35# 8 reps both sets (could barely finish!!)
triceps extension: 15# 8 reps both sets
rear delt fly: 5# 8 reps, 7# 10 reps
concentration curls: 17# 8 reps both sets (again left arm still stronger)
dips on ball: 30 both sets
inverted shoulder press: 24 1st set, 20 2nd set
hammer curls: 17# 8 reps both sets
dips with 35# bar: 24 1st set, 20 second set(really felt those)
front raise: 20# 8 reps both sets
db curls: 17# 8 reps 1st set, 17# 6!! reps (total muscle failure second set- not sure if thats good or bad)
kickbacks: 14# 8 reps 1st set, 14# 10 reps second set

I did the stretch at the end of the MM dvd, but I didn't get that good a stretch for my arms.

Hope you all have a great workout/day
BBL,

Deanie

Good Morning!

Today was yoga class and ran 3 1/2 miles on treadmill. I am having trouble with cardio. I think I need to add more carbs.:9

Deanie--Congrats on winning Baron Baptiste!;-) :7 ;-) I think it is much easier to "win" other workouts, when they are not Cathe!! Great workout today! WTG,Girl!

Tracee--Did I tell you that I am doing the Eat Clean Diet. I bought it online, but saw it at the grocery store for less $!! I like it and the biggest change is that I am eating more protein and drinking more water.

Marcy--Did you see DWTS results? Local news interupted with a weather report (tornadoes in our area) but there was a small screen in the corner showing Heather was the one...surprise!:eek:

I am going to a lunch today and made brownies to take. Am happy to report that I am not eating ANY OF THEM!!!:7

Have a great day!
Gin

Good morning ladies. I don't have much to add today because I didn't do the workout. I had so much going on last night that I got to bed late and just crashed. I didn't want to do the weight work when I was tired so I decided to do it tomorrow.

It is my son's 8th birthday today and last night he had a soccer game and then we went out to eat and then I had to make muffins for his school treat today. Unfortunately, I didn't plan ahead and only had one muffin tray and I was making 4 batches. Ugh! I didn't change out of my work clothes until 10:30 last night. I really dislike days like that.

Deanie - Congrats on a great workout this morning. That is exactly the reason I didn't want to do that workout when I would be dragging. I want to make this last round really work for me and go heavy.

Gin - Good job on staying away from the brownies. I'm not that strong when it comes to brownies, they are one of my favorite treats.

Have a good day. It sounds like I should go on ebay and bid for the Baptiste yoga tape. I do need more options in that area.

Tracee

Good afternoon girls!

I'm a little late checking in. I've had a busy morning. This morning was Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X. I got started later than I wanted to so I didn't do the Round 2 in the Bonus Round because I wanted to be sure I had enough time to do Ab Ripper X.

Alternating Shoulder Press: 8 reps at 16.5# both rounds (up 1.5#)
In & Out Bicep Curls: 16 reps at 14.5# both rounds (this is a 16 rep exercise) (up 1.5#)
2 Arm Tricep Kickbacks: 8 reps at 16.5# both rounds (up 1.5#)
Deep Swimmer's Press: 8 reps at 16.5# both rounds (up .5#)
Full Supination Concentration Curls (alternating arms): 8 reps at 14.5# both rounds (up 1.5#)
Chair Dips: 30 with leg raises both rounds (did 7 more than last time on 1st round, same on 2nd)
Upright rows: 8 reps at 14.5# both rounds (up 1# - this exercise still doesn't feel right to me.)
Static Arm Curls (another 16 rep exercise): 14.5# both rounds (up 1#)
Flip-Grip Twist Tricep Kickbacks: 8 reps at 14.5# both rounds (up 1.5#)
Two-Angle Shoulder Flys (another 16 repper): 14.5# both rounds (up 1.5#)
Crouching Cohen Curls: R1: 10 reps at 13#, R2: 10 reps at 14.5# (up 1.5#)
Lying Down Tricep Extensions: R1: 8 reps at 13#, R2: 8 reps at 14.5# (up 1.5#)
Bonus Round (only did 1 round)
In & Out Shoulder Flys: (another 16 repper): 13# (up 1#)
Congdon Curls: I had trouble with this one the last 2 times so I only used 10# but did 10 reps. I'll go up to 12 next time. (down 2#:()
Side Tri-Raises: 19 on both sides (up 1 rep)

Deanie: Congrats on winning the Baron Baptiste workout! He had 3 for sale at the same time so that's probably why you got a good price. I haven't done MM abs in a while. I'll have to do them when this rotation is done. My left arm is still stronger too. Sometimes you're more tired on the 2nd set. I would wait until I could do 8 perfectly before I went up in weight again. Looks like you had another great workout! 20# on front raise is awesome!

Gin: How many carbs are you eating a day? I usually need a lot of carbs (on a good day I like to eat between 175-200 grams). I did watch DWTS. I wasn't surprised Heather went home. I admit she was good in the earlier weeks but the last couple of weeks I haven't liked her. Good work on staying away from those brownies!:) I've also been drinking more water and eating more protein. I especially need to for this rotation.

Tracee - Sorry you weren't able to workout today. I remember the days of making cupcakes for school. A real pain! Try e-bay for the Baptiste workout. I think the guy that was selling them still has 2 more up for sale (the same one Deanie and I bought from). Good luck!

Have a great afternoon.

Marcy

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Tracee--Happy B-Day to your son.My nephew will be 8 in July.....fun age! Sounds as if you had a busy day yesterday. Hopweyou are able to workout tomorrow. I have been staying away from sugar for the past 5 days and you know you lose the physical craving after 4 days. Try it.:)

Marcy--Good and tough workout you had!!:p I have never counted or paid attention to the # of carbs I eat. With this Eat Claen diet I have focused so much on protein, that I may be skimping too much on carbs. But I don't want to go over in points. I usually have 2-3 pieces of fruit and some type of oatmeal for breakfast and then maybe a slice of Ezekial bread. That's it. I have been worn out this week during cardio, so I thought I should add more carbs???

Deanie--I am going to have some questions for you concerning weeks 5-7. I don't have PS or HSTA. Do I just do the exercises listed on my own? With some of them, I don't know what they are. Sorry! Thanks!!

Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.