Deanie's Rotation Check-In Tues. 5/8

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

I had trouble sleeping last night and was up for several hours in the middle of the night! (YAWN!!) But I decided to go ahead and do the workout, all except Core Max. I'll do that this aft. Lots of Bicep curls I don't have a barbell and my heaviest weight set is 15#, so most all of the exercises were done using 15# dbls and 10 reps. Still it was a lot easier than Sunday's workout!!

have a great day all!
Late for work,
Gin
:)

Good Morning!

I did Imax 1 today. I don't know why people don't like this workout! It is my favorite Imax after Imax 3. It is hard and basic, easy to follow. Number 8 interval and #10 are the hardest for me.

Marcy- Would Low Max be an Imax option for us? I was thinking of doing that next week maybe? I have a new admiration for you:) That core synergistics dvd looks tough, I can only imagine the rest of the workout! And I thought Tony was funny. My DS was watching with me last night, and this morning at the bus stop, he's chanting:"superman banana!!" over and over. And I'm thinking:"Oy! I'm going to have to do that!"

Gin- I think 15# for biceps is good!

Tracee- I hope you have a good workout today. My DS will be 11 in July!

Later-
Deanie

Good morning!

Today was Plyo X. I didn't know if I was going to be able to work out this morning. I had a bad night's sleep too. I got up at 3:00 a.m. and didn't get back to sleep until 4:30. I was also getting hunger pains so I had to get a snack bar before I could fall asleep again. But I actually had a good workout. I did much better with my trouble jumps - knee tucks and rock star hops. I was able to go double time with the knee tucks.

Gin - Glad to see you still got your workout in. If you have them, you might try putting ankle weights on your wrist to add a pound or two to your weights. I do this all the time. I agree with Deanie, 15# is still real good. I'll be very happy when I can use 15# for biceps.

Deanie - I do like IMAX 1 but I guess it's my least favorite of the three. The hardest interval for me is #10. I can barely get through it. I think Low Max could be an IMAX option for you. I get a really good workout with Low Max. At first I think it's going to be too easy, but then it keeps building with intensity. Thanks for the kind words. And yes, all of the workouts are tough, except maybe for Kenpo (kickboxing) and Stretch X. Even though Plyo X might not be quite as intense as the IMAXes, there are ways to make it much more intense. One of the guys, Dom, jumps like you wouldn't believe. It's like he has springs. I actually like Tony. A lot of people don't like all his chatter but it doesn't bother me. If you don't like it, you can just have music or just cueing. I don't know if you're planning on getting any other P90X DVDs, but in case you are, I wouldn't bother with Cardio X. It's actually just a mishmosh of Plyo X, Kenpo X, Yoga and Core Synergistics. It's for people who want an extra cardio routine (for either Doubles or the Lean Rotation) or who aren't Plyo X ready which I'm sure you are. Have you heard anything about teaching in September yet?

Tracee - Hope you have a good workout.

Have a nice day everyone.

Marcy

Good morning!

Today was IMAX2 for me. I was going to substitute LowMax today but wnet with IMAX2. I'll probably do Lowmax next week since I don't have Imax1. Anyway, it was a good workout and I pushed myself to get all the way through it. I usually want to quit in the middle but I didn't.

Marcy & Gin - Sorry to hear that you didn't get a good nights sleep. Good for you though for still working out. I know I wouldn't have. Ha!

I actually had someone notice that my arms looked toned last night. Yeah! It's the first comment I've gotten since I've been training harder. I've gotten the thin or skinny comments before but this was the first time someone actually told me that she could tell I worked out because my arms were toned. As you can tell, that made my day!!

Gin - 15lbs is great for biceps but I know what you're saying about reaching your equipment limit and feeling like you could have gone heavier. That's what finally convinced me to get a barbell.

Deanie - How long did it take you to receive your Core dvd? I can't wait to get mine and preview it. You're scaring me with your description of it.

I'm not going to be at a computer for the afternoon so I probably won't check back in today. Have a great day, it's gorgeous here today.

Tracee

Good Afternoon!

Deanie--IMAX 1 didn't seem so tough to me yesterday for some reason, but I really prefer dancier steps. LoMax would be a good change. You are scaring me with the Core Syn. talk. I'm thinking this workout is way out of my league. You received that dvd fast. We bought on the same day.

Marcy--We were up at the same time last night. You should have called me!;-) Actually, I woke up at 12:30 and went back to sleep at 3:30! The ankle weight suggestion is a good one. When I see the P90X infomercial, I see them using momentum to lift the weights. Isn't that wrong?

Tracee--Yeah for you for receiving the nice compliments! And it's nice to have toned arms just in time for summer. I really have run out of room for any more equipment. I exercise in our family room. Would love to finish the basement out and workout down there. But no plans to do that anytime soon.

I honestly don't see any difference in muscle definition. In fact I am hiding my arms under sleeves. I have a closet full of sleeveless tops, but don't feel comfortable wearing them. Not sure what is going on but my body is holding on to this awful layer of fat. I'm drinking more water and eating more protein now. Nothing else is different from what I was doing last year when I was 8 lbs. lighter. I did switch to another BC pill brand.
Thanks for letting me vent. :p

Gin

Gin - Yes. You shouldn't use momentum to lift weights. Do you know what exercise they were doing?

Did you see DWTS last night? My favorites were Apolo, Joey and Laila, in that order.

I understand about running out of room for equipment but I saw in Target and Modell's (don't know if they have that store by you) adjustable ankle/wrist weights up to I think 25#. I would try to go for heavy lifting rather than endurance. Endurance workouts really don't do anything for me. I guess if I was bulking, they would be a good thing but I lost any muscle I'd gained when doing endurance workouts. Have you tried lowering your cardio? I know you love it, so do I. But just a suggestion. The more muscle, the better your body is at burning calories.

Marcy

Marcy--I think they were doing bicep curls and one arm rows in the infomercial. It was probably not the actual dvd, but customers commenting on their results with a video.
Yes, I saw DWTS last night. My favs are Apolo, Laila and Joey in that order. Joey is a really good dance, but somethng about him bugs me?!?!
We do have Target here and I think I have seen the adjustable ankle weights you are talking about. I was lifting about as heavy as I could today and doing 10 reps only. Since starting this faux P90X rotation I have been doing very little cardio (one IMAX, 1 kickbox and running 3 miles one day each week). I looked back at my workout log from last year (when I weighed 122 lbs.) and I was doing a lot more cardio...a variety of walking, staionery bike, swim aerobics, elliptical machine and little running and Cathe step, plus 2-3 days of Cathe weight w/os. So low intensity, just spending more time. I was coming back from a running knee injury. It is frustating!

Thanks!
Gin

Gin - Maybe your body is adjusting to the different type of rotation. For more muscle building rotations, you do need to eat more. Have you done measurements? Are you losing inches? I get caught up with the scale too, but I actually prefer to lose inches.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.