Deanie's Rotation Check In Tues 1/9

Good Morning!

Today was RS for me. It's been a long time since I've done this workout but I still like it. I wish the music was a little better but overall I think it's a great workout. I kept forgetting steps as I was going through it so it was giving my brain a good workout too. Ha!

Marcy - Thank you for offering to let me borrow your yoga tape. I would love to try it out. I'll send you my address and I promise I won't keep it for very long. Only long enough to know if yoga is something I'll want to continue doing.

It's hard being the first one to post, I can never think of things to say. x(

Have a good day everyone!

Tracee

Hi Tracee and all who follow:

Today was IMAX 3 for me. I still have problems on intervals 4, 7 and 8. I still have DOMS in my lats, forearms and biceps from doing PUB yesterday. I'm supposed to do GS C&T tomorrow but now I'm kind of dreading it. I tried comparing it to IMAX 2 because I think IMAX 3 is definitely harder but it's about equal for right now. But I think that's because IMAX 2 was my first workout after vacation and I felt kind of out of shape. I compared my heart rates for the different intervals.

Tracee - RS is my favorite step workout. I really like the music and even though I know it, it still gives my brain a good workout. I do a lot of step workouts but I think the one that was really toughest for me so far was Pam Cosmi's Steppin' In Rhythm. I only did it once and I really need to try it again. If you don't mind, just send me an SASE for the tape. If you like it, you can keep it. I'm trying to empty my collection a bit and I already have the DVD.

Have a good day everyone.

Marcy

Hi Marcy! I don't have IMAX3 but that is definitely one that I'm looking to buy next. I've been trying to watch e-bay for it but I keep missing the deadlines. Ha!

E-mail me your address and I'll send you that SASE for the tape. My e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks again.

Tracee

Hi Tracee!

I've been bidding on IMAX 3 too. I do IMAX 3 from my Hardcore Extreme DVD. It has the whole workout on there except for the stretch. I just want IMAX 3 because I'm tired of going back and forth to the menu and I'd like the premixes.

I sent you an e-mail with my address.

Marcy

For Deanie:

Deanie - I have sage green in my bedroom as well and I love it. MY DH also did a stenciled border with hummingbirds. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your bedroom. I never was a "green" person but it was always my son's favorite color and I guess his passion for green grew on me. I'm going to have a hard time when I get my new house. I'm going to have a lot of paint colors to pick. DH doesn't want any wallpaper (well, maybe just borders.)

I'm so glad I make you push harder with your weights. I guess that's what we're all here for - to help and support each other. I feel great when I'm done lifting. I never thought I could be so strong.

I'll try and check back later. Hope to hear from you today.

Marcy

Good Afternoon Ladies!
I did Hardcore Extreme High/Low Intervals today and it was tough. It's a combo of Low Max and IMAX3 and ends with a little Kick Max. Maybe you all already knew that b/c you have the w/o. My face was red as a beet when I was through and I missed some of the jumps b/c my leg was bothering me!:eek:

Question ---- What type of w/o do you think is best for weight loss? More cardio? Heavy Weights? Combo?

Gin

Cardio is better for weight loss but more muscle makes your metabolism work better for burning calories. I think someone asked this in the Ask Cathe forum. I would say a combo of the two. Try doing heavy weights and interval training. I actually do well with split style weight training and cardio 3-4 times a week. With too much cardio, you lose muscle and the goal is to try to add muscle.

I think the hi/lo workout is my favorite on Hardcore Extreme.

Gin: Was it you who asked what heart rate monitor I use? If it was, I use a Polar F4 and it doesn't interfere with the TV.

Marcy

Hi everyone!!! I can not believe this is my first opportunity to get on the computer today!!!

Today was RS for me also. I love this workout! It is my favorite step workout Cathe has. It is fun and challenging!! Tomorrow is a rest day for me and I am going to take it. I was sore this morning after Circuit Max and painting my room!!

Cheeseball update: still on the loose!!!! the exterminator is coming tomorrow(hooray!) so, Tracee, I'll probably be on first tomorrow!:)

Tracee- I also forgot some steps this morning! But it was still fun! I like when I have to think and workout. I know Cathe says while doing abs your mind tends to wander, and that is true for me. I like having to pay attention.

Marcy- I also was not a green person. In my townhome my colors were red and brown. but when we moved to our home, the home just seemed to "need" green!:) My kitchen is green (ralph lauren denim technique) and white and I love it!!

Gin- To lose weight for me, I have found heavy lifting (GS, PUB, or S&H) works best for me. - something like Debbies rotation from this month works best for me. Some people need more cardio. Did you lose anything from Cathes Nov. rotation? If not, maybe you need more lifting?!

Have a good day all!
Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Hi Again!
Marcy--thanks for the info on the HRM. I would like to replace mine someday. It doesn't seem very accurate. When will you be moving?

Deanie--No, I did not lose any weight from Nov. rotation. I have cleared all of the sweets out of my diet and am not losing. I typically do more cardio, so maybe I should experiment with more weightwork. I only want to lose 4-5 lbs. I know it is slow to come off when you have a small amt. to lose!:(

Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.