Deanies Rotation Check In Thursday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today was Sprint 8 on the treadmill for me and CK power drills. It was a fun workout! It was also about 40 min. which was perfect for me today. I have been really stressed with work, baseball, music lessons, and then all the regular stuff I do around here: laundry, dinner, etc. I really give you full time working girls credit, it is hard! My DH's answer was quit working, but I like it!! So I am just cutting back working.

Hope you all have a great day/workouts,
BBL,

Deanie

Good Morning!

Today I was going to go to the Pilates class at the gym, but it was cancelled b/c it is the week before finals, so I did Karen Voight Core Essentials. It was not so great and I need to get rid of that dvd, but it seemed the closest thing I had to Pilates!?!?
We had a terrible storm here last night. Tornado sirens were going off and we had to go to the basement to wait it out. The paper said 100,000 homes were without power. We were lucky.

Deanie--Sounds like a good workout this morning. Are you talking about subbing or do you have another job too? It is hard for working moms to do it all!!

Tracee and Marcy--Hope you have a good workout/day!

Gin

Gin- just subbing, but I have become the "it" girl for subbing. Not only am I there mon,tues, and thurs 12-2 for my enrichments, but I seem to be there 4-5 days a week 9-12 subbing for someone. So some days I am 9-2 and when I sub for one woman, she does early arrive, so I am there 8:15-2!! Too much for me!x( It seems I have to learn to say NO!! Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant!!!:)

I'm glad you still have power! That would be the pits! Are tornado raids common around you? I hope you had a good book or a tv in your basement:)

I also wanted to say there was a mistake on day 1 week 5-7. I said use GS for chest, shoulders, tri., and it should be MM pushups, band lat raise, and band kickbacks! And Gin with HSTA, you can use the workout blender!

Deanie

Deanie - So are you saying that we still use GS for most of the workout but switch to MM for the pushups, lat raise and kickbacks? I don't have my rotation in front of me so I can't see what it originally said.

I think the words I would like to hear the most from my DH about work is "just quit". Boy, how I would love that. I only hear that I should make more money.

Gin - Glad you still have power. I hate when it goes out. Has the bad weather cleared out in your area now?

Marcy - hope you had a good workout today.

Tracee

Here is the updated weeks 5-7 with the change (only the above)
Weeks 5-7
Day 1 Chest, shoulders, tri
MM<---standard push up
Standing laterals with band
Kickbacks with band

One arm balance pushup- Perform pushup, then twist up with one arm to perform one arm balance. Look at the thumb of your skyward arm. Hold on for a beat. Come back down and repeat on other side. Do one pushup between each balance
PS Clean and press
Dumbbell French press

PS: Decline pushups
Arnold press
Close grip press

3 in 1 pushups (4 wide pushups, 4 military (feet together), 4 standard (12 reps in all)
PS: Arnold press
dips

HSTA: Side to side pushup- (cycle 5)
DB rear delt flys
Tri pushups on the high step

HSTA: Side to side pushup (cycle 5).
One arm DB lateral raise
One arm dips on the high step

Dive bomber pushups (Drill Max)
inverted shoulder press from Push Pull
Side pushups (HSC, cycle 1)

Timesaver: pushups
Tri extension
BB upright row
15 min ab work of choice

Day 2 Imax 1, 2, 3
Day 3 back and bi and abs since this is a "no repeat" workout, the last 3 reps should be difficult.
PS: T bar rows
Bent over rows
Barbell curls
Seated dumbbell curls
Shrugs
One arm rows
Negative curls
Concentration curls
MM: BB underhand row
BB pullover
Bicep curl
Db curl
HSTA: Dead lift
Wide grip rows
BB curl
Hammer curl
GS: DB row
Back extensions (superman)
BB curl
DB partial curl
T back squeeze with band
BB pullover
Curl turn down
Hammer curl
Alternate B&G abs (1&2) and tough abs coremax
Day 4 Yoga
Day 5 B&G leg blast premix- w/o heavy weights, L&G, LM blasts only & KM leg drills
Day 6 KPC or CK
Day 7 Off

Deanie

Hi Girls!

Today was Stretch X. Felt good but somehow I feel more stretched out with yoga. I had a little difficulty with back hero (sitting on floor with knees bent and then lying back as far as you can go.) Camel was a little tough but not as bad. I don't do camel very often.

Deanie: You sound just as busy as if you worked full-time but when you have young kids, it is a full-time job.

Gin: Glad you're okay and you had no damage.

Tracee: Hope you have a good workout today. Don't work too hard!

Marcy

Hi Again!

Deanie--Do you work in a big school? I can't believe there is a need for a sub everyday. We have 12 classes and the little ones have 2 teachers, but we probably only need subs 2-3 times a week. I know they must LOVE you! Yes, tornadoes are quite common in TX in April. My DH was at a dinner, so the dog and I went into the laundry room (leads down to the basement and has no windows) and I had a book, but wasn't there too long.
Thanks for the update on the rotation. Do I still need to do the pushups to failure and the weightwork as heavy as I can 8 reps? What about the band? How many reps? And dips?

Tracee--We lost a lot of limbs from the trees. We were going to have a popsicle reward party at school and the director went to buy them, but the power was out at the store and they had to throw out all of the frozen food. And this is a BIG store.

Marcy--I just tried back hero. Never heard of that one. My lower back felt it.

Gin

Gin: You should do the pushups to failure and weightwork as heavy as you can 8-10 reps although I like to go to 8. What exercises are you using the band for? Dips you go to failure as well.

Did you get to look at HSC yet?

Marcy

Marcy--We do kickbacks and T back squeeze with the band next week.
I looked at part of HSC. It looks fun,but tough with the tough cardio and lots of up and down on the high step!}( I didn't see the abs section that you mentioned.
You mentioned a Tracey Staehle (don't think I spelled that right) workout that you had. I think I read that she and Amy Bento were at the last Road Trip and Tracey will be at this next one. I have never done either one of their workouts.

Gin

Marcy- thanks, I wasn't sure about the pushups and weight work either for this comming week. I like stretching, but I also don't feel it as much as yoga. The only stretch that comes close for me is the band stretch on stretch max.

Gin- The school is pretty big. There are 3, 2 year old classes with 2 teachers each (I try not to sub there: I don't change diapers:) ) and 2, 3 year old classes with 3 teachers and 2, 4 year old classes with 3 teachers. There have been happy events (someone became a grandma and took time off and I subbed for her) and sad events(some women had dads or FILs pass away, and we sit for a week after burial) and then the normal strep throat going around, and teachers kids have field trips they go on, anyway, most teachers call me first, or see me in the halls and grab me. Plus I do hope they like me!!!LOL Still waiting to find out if I have something perminant next yearx( No one knows whats happening next year and there is a lot of frustration with that. I think you got HSTA which has 6(?) cycles each starting with leg presses and NO ab work. By no ab work I mean no seperate section of abs. Your abs definately get worked in this workout!

Tracee- My DH never told me to get a job, it was just something I did on my own to fill up my time now that the kids are both in school full time. I'm not a PTA person, and I'm not a shopper, and I've painted all the walls in my house!! So I think my DH doesn't realize how much I like it or think its that important. Plus also, he doesn't help me with stuff in the house now that I'm working, because its part time and he works retail so he works alot of 12 hour days. Its easier to him to have me quit, then have to do the laundry!!!LOL:)

I forgot....

When are we going to hear about presale info???? I'm itching to find out info about the new workouts!!

Deanie:*

Gin - I would also do maximum reps with the band. If you have different bands, try to use the one with the heaviest resistance. Although I think what Cathe does with the band gives me a pretty good burn. Yes, you're correct about Amy and Tracey (and yes, you spelled Tracey's name right). I think next rotation I'm going to have to do all my virgin workouts (Tracey, Amy, and I'm hoping to get a few more yoga workouts). Many people are enjoying Tracey's new Sweatfest Cardio - it's kickboxing and hi-lo. They say her kickboxing is much better this time around. Not to difficult to follow except for her last block sequence. Her hi/lo is kind of dancy and looked like a lot of fun to me from the clip I watched. I also have her Sweatfest Step (1/2 hour athletic choreography, 1/2 hour complex with little breakdown) and Sweatfest Sculpt. From her last series I got High Intensity Step Mix which is like Cathe's Imaxes although I don't think quite as difficult in intensity and her Core Strength & Conditioning. From Amy, I just got her Hi/Lo Xtreme. I wish Cathe would do more hi/lo. There don't seem to be enough good hi/lo workouts out there.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.