Deanies Rotation Check In TGIF!!!

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning All!!

This morning was KPC and I had fun!! I was debating wether to switch today and Sat. (TOM today) but ended up doing KPC. I always have fun doing this workout and I love the abs!

Gin- If you see this: I hope you have a GREAT vacation!!!!

Tracee and Marcy- Hope you guys had as much fun as me with KPC today. I thought the pikes on the ball were easy- I did PUB abs last week and comparitively they are harder pikes, they just keep going and going!! Hope the new shoes gave you extra bounce Tracee!

This is going to be my last "coffee with the girls" this morning for the next few weeks, and I will miss them. I am subbing at the nursery school monday, wed. and fri for the next few weeks, plus my regular 12-2 gig!:) So I am off to make my tea :) to bring to the coffee shop! (carabou coffee).

Have a great day! BBL,

Deanie

Good Morning & TGIF! I love this day!

I did have fun doing KPC after a few glitches with my dvd player I was off and running. I always forget that I could put my dvd's in my sons PS2 system that is right there whenever I have a problem with my dvd player. Anyway, I spent about 10 minutes trying to get it to work and once it did I didn't have any problems through the whole workout.

I love the abs in this workout too. I was really craving abs on the ball because it's been a while since I've done them so this was perfect. And I think my form on the pikes were my best ever!! I haven't done pikes in a while either. I was glad when we got to the last one though because my wrists were starting to hurt. I hate it when a body part that you're not working on starts to hurt or is the reason you might have to stop early. x(

I love my new shoes and I think they did give me a little extra bounce. I wasn't sure I'd like the high top shoe but these really cushion my ankle and I like it more than my old Ryka's.

My only other kickbox workout is on the CTX series and I'm sending those discs back today because they are cracked in the center. I'm hoping I'll get new ones sent back soon because I would really like to have another kickbox routine to sub with.

Gin - I'm sure I missed you but I hope you have a great time on vacation. It's about 20 degrees here today. ;(

Deanie - Have fun with your friends and your tea. If I got together with friends in the mornings I'd probably be bringing my Diet Pepsi.

Marcy - Hope you had a good KPC workout too.

BBL
Tracee

Hi Deanie and all who follow:

I also had a great workout with KPC today. I love the abs too. Did all the pikes. YAY! I love the music during the pikes. But PUB has more pikes and the leg off the ball and I think is way harder. The ball exchanges are also tough for me but I got through them all. I have DOMS in my hams from either the deadlifts yesterday morning or the dancing last night or a combination of both. My right ankle is also hurting me. I think tomorrow is going to be a rest day. I remember when I first did this workout on Fit TV. It was hard for me getting through whenever she jogged, couldn't do one pike and always had to pee in the middle of the workout. Now I do the whole workout and only stop for water. I'm considering getting weighted gloves to do the workout. Any of you use weighted gloves?

Deanie - My son didn't eat lunch either. The school was always calling me to tell me. He made up for it at dinner but I've always tried (and still do!) to make him eat breakfast although mornings with him were always so rushed. We also had a hard time getting him to go to sleep at night. My DS was always small but once he hit his teens, he did get a growth spurt. Right now he's about 110 pounds and just about 5'5". My ex-husband was 6 feet tall and I'm 5'2 so I'm hoping he may have a few more inches to go before he stops growing.

Levitation holds are always tough for me. I actually found the right place for my hands a couple of times and was able to do them but I usually have problems with them. Does David Swenson do them any differently than Cathe?

We're moving to Georgia, either Marietta or Kennesaw (about 30 mins. north of Atlanta). We actually had some Carabou coffee when we were down there. It was next to our hotel.

BBL. Have a great day.

Marcy

Gin - Sorry I missed you. Hope you have a great vacation.

Tracee - Glad you like your new shoes. Maybe I need more cushioning for my ankle as well. I forgot. Which ones did you get?

Marcy

Tracee- I'm glad you like your new shoes! I always notice a difference on the first day with new shoes. I really think the ab work in B&G helped/helps with the other abs. I think I'm going to try to incorporate the stability ball abs from B&G in my routines more often. I like the 15 min, and I think they're really thorough!

Marcy- When I bought Yoga Burn, they came with weighted gloves and I always think I should use them during kickbox.(1.5 lbs.) The thing is, I get good results without, and Cathe doesn't use them, so I'm not sure if your supposed to. Is there a reason Cathe doesn't? And if you use them, do you use them for the cardio only/ kickbox routines only/ or the whole workout? In KPC I could see using them the whole time, not sure with the others. Let me know what you decide.
My son eats a good breakfast most days(4 waffles) and a small or no lunch,a good snack (something healthy, protein, and something junk-cookies, cake....) and an okay dinner(never was a big dinner eater) I'm not sure how tall he is, but he only weighs 58-60 lbs. and he is pretty skinny. He eats very healthy, and is very active. Most of his friends are in a size 14 and he just started fitting into an 8! But I'm 5'3" and my DH is 5'9" so I don't think my DS would be all that tall anyway. I think its nice your school called you and noticed your son wasn't eating. I don't think my school does that!

Speaking of food, I wanted to share with you guys, I upped my protein intake, not a lot but some, and I can really see a difference! I was defined before, but now I really notice a definate definition/cut in my upper body and abs. (Legs were always good- I danced from age 5 through college)
Deanie

Deanie - I don't use gloves now but was thinking about it to give the workout a little more intensity - not that I don't get a great workout now but I'm getting to the point where I feel I need a little more. Within the last couple of months, I've also increased my step height on all my step workouts to 8" (with the exception of IMAX 3 and complex step workouts like Patrick's). I love the stability ball abs in B&G and I also think they're very thorough with a wide variety of exercises. I've also increased my protein intake since last year and it's definitely helped. I'm not on a low carb diet anymore but it helps if I keep them under 200 grams a day. But I love my carbs. I try to follow BFFM (protein at every meal). If I do that, I'm okay. I've been dancing since age 7 on and off. It's been on again for the last 3 1/2 years. My legs were always pretty good too. I've always had good calves and legs (except I always have a little extra on my inner thigh).

I think your DS will probably be fine. You might think about him taking drug holidays - like, for instance on school breaks (holidays, summer). Discuss with your pediatrician. Hopefully, it will help his appetite for a little while. My DS was always very active as well. When my DS was ten, he still looked like he was 6. At 17 now, he probably looks more like 15. At least they'll always have a youthful look.

Marcy

Marcy - I bought the N-Gage Studio shoes. They were on sale at shoes on the web and they didn't charge any shipping. I'm a sucker for no shipping charges. I remember when I bought my other Ryka's they felt weird around my ankle but I got used to them. They weren't high tops but they were higher on the ankle so it kind of rubbed against them.

I guess you guys found something else in common, dancing. I was never a dancer except when I was real little. I discovered sports early on and stuck with basketball and volleyball.

Deanie - Do your "coffee" buddies give you grief for bringing tea or are they cool with it? Do they understand your love of fitness or not?

I'm trying to decide whether I should purchase a barbell and weight set. It's one of the things that I've always put off buying because I never thought I needed it. I hate the thought of having it taking up space since my workout area is also our tv area in the basement. Do you guys think it's worth it?

Thanks,
Tracee

Marcy - Congrats on the 8" step height. I've just started using 6" for most of the workouts. I was very comfortable doing everything on just the platform itself. I also feel like my step isn't the most stable thing for Cathe workouts when it's at 8". I have the old Jane Fonda one.

:-(

Oops, my last reply went into the middle of the other messages so hopefully you guys will see it.

BBL

Tracee

I forgot one thing I was going to mention. I'm very scared about doing S&H Legs tomorrow. I don't think I've ever done that one because when I bought the S&H series I hated working my legs and would avoid doing any weighted leg work. So please tell me that its not that bad!!!!

Tracee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.