deanies rotation check in TGIF!

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!

I'm up early today, I'm subbing at the nursery school:) I did DM today, its been awhile. I really like this workout, I was SWEATING!! Then I did PUB abs! A great way to end the workout week!!

Last night I was sitting in my reading room and a little MOUSE ran past the entrance way to the stairs!!!!! I DO NOT LIKE MICE!! So needless to say, my DH went to buy traps and I did not sleep well last night. So far no luck with catching him. My boys were excited and named him Cheeseball! Gotta find the humor somewhere-right??!

Gin- to answer your post last night- I replace my sneakers every 3-4 months. If I don't I really feel it in my knees! ALso I did Imax yesterday (its on your new dvd:) ) In my opinion it is the hardest. then Imax 3, then Imax 2 then low max. Imax is consistantly hard, where the others have some easy intervals and some harder ones. I think Imax 3 is the funnest though!!:)

Tracee- Are you sore from BC!! Or did you do your new dvd!!?:)

Have a great day all and happy workouts!!

BBL,
Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Good Morning!

Deanie--Great workout. DM is one of the toughest for me! Thanks for the info about the sneakers. I will definitely look into those when I need new shoes. I am right there with you on the mice thing. I would have had trouble sleeping also. Years ago, while teaching 4 year olds, we were in the middle of mixing blueberry muffins and one of the children very calmly said, "Teacher, there's a mouse behind you." I tried to remain as calm as I could but inside I was jumping out of my skin!:eek: We quickly and quietly went into another room for the rest of the day.:7 The children were unfazed by all of it. Hope you are able to trap Cheeseball.

I ran 3 miles this morning (and my leg is hurting again) and then I did Cardio & Weights. My leg was fine with that. C&W has my fav abs section, but that song stays in my mind all day! Something about Morena. I guess I won't be training for the Half Marathon anymore.:-(
My 7 year old nephew and mother are coming for a weekend visit today. I think we will go see Charlotte's Web tomorrow.

Have a great day!
Gin

Good Morning and TGIF!

Sorry about the mouse sighting. My sisters dog brought a dead one into her house when we were there on Christmas Eve. It wasn't pleasant to look at but at least it wasn't scurrying around.

Deanie - do you only use your Ryka's for your indoor workouts? I have had mine for probably 3 years at least and only use them for my workouts so I didn't even think that I should replace them. Granted I didn't wear them for a year when I wasn't exercising.

I did IMAX2 cycles 1-5 this morning. That was all I had time for and that was all I had the energy for too. I was glad to see only those sections on the rotation. I've been thinking that IMAX3 should be one of my next purchases. I'm scared now to hear you say that I2 is probably the easiest of the 3. It's always exhausting to do that one but I do agree that it does have some easier cycles in it.

Yes, I'm sore from BC. Well, I'm sore from the whole week of workouts actually. You picked a good first week of workouts Deanie. }(

Tomorrow I'm going to do HSC for the first time. Isn't that what you had on the rotation Deanie? Maybe you've changed it from the one I printed out. Anyway, I'm excited to try it out.

Gin - any update on when you will be back to your full cardio schedule?

Have a great Friday everyone.

Tracee

Good morning everyone!

Today turned out to be a rest day for me. I was supposed to do PLB. I've really been thinking about doing only non-weighted leg work. I was too tired this morning to get up but tonight I was considering doing the KM leg conditioning drills, the stability ball portion from PLB (always a killer for me, especially the outer thigh lifts on the ball; I'm so fried from the first leg, I always tire out on the second) and maybe pilates or yoga which I'm really going to try and start incorporating into my workouts.

I also agree IMAX 2 is the easiest. The hardest part of IMAX 1 for me is the dreaded interval 10. It gets me every time.

Deanie - Hope you catch your mouse. I really love PUB abs. One of my favorite ab workouts. DM is a great workout. I didn't know if I was going to like it because I'm not too into fuctional fitness workouts but I really do like it. Drills 4 and 6 are the toughest for me. Really gets my hear rate up. I really like the cardio section with the ball.

Gin - Running is always tough for me too. I think my legs would be hurting after 3 miles too. C&W abs used to be a killer for me too but it's gotten easier. I remember the 1st time doing it and those endless jacknifes nearly killed me.

Tracee - I think you'll have a great time with HSC. I just did the ab portion the other day. Seems to focus more on upper abs and obliques. IMAX 3 is my favorite of the IMAXes. I like the music and the choreography the best. I know I'm in the minority here, but I love interval 5 - plie jacks. At least she gives you an easy step segment before it. I say get it!

Have a great day everyone.

Marcy

Hi Again!
Marcy--I did KM Leg Conditioning Drills yesterday. Cathe always says you will feel this in your legs tomorrow tremendously, but I don't think I ever have. But, they are a challenge at the time!

I have the DOMS in my shoulders and traps in a big way today and don't really know why.....from Kick Max and swimming yesterday? I could hardly lift my arms up to change my shirt!!:eek: It didn't seem as if I were working that hard at the time.

Gin

Marcy - those outer thigh lifts in PLB always get me too. Ouch!

I've been wanting to incorporate yoga into my workouts too but I don't know whether to get a dvd or try to take a class I heard about in my town. It's hard for me to get away at night without the kids so I was thinking I should just get a dvd. Any suggestions?

Gin - sorry to hear that your leg is still bothering you and you won't be able to train for your half marathon. I know that was something you were looking forward to.

BBL

Tracee

Hi again! Cheeseball has not been caught yet!!:( My DH thinks he may have left the house. Not sure if I'm happy about that, that means he can come and go at any time!!! I'd like to know for sure he's gone. Oh well....

Gin- sorry to hear about your leg, and that you won't be able to train for the 1/2 marathon. But you are smart not to push yourself. (small consellation, I know). I am very impressed how you kept your cool in the class with the mouse. Its amazing how having to be there for kids makes such a diff., if my kids weren't sleeping upstairs I'm sure you would have heard me scream!!:) Have fun with your nephew and mom this weekend.

Marcy- KM leg drill and PLB ball work, I like that combo. I also feel the legwork in KM when I'm doing it but not the day after. PLB outer thigh lifts get me every time. I have to switch which leg I start with when I do this, because the 2nd leg never gets as good a workout! Mostly because the leg I worked first is so fatigued I can't staty on the ball! HA!

Tracee- I wear my Rykas inside for Cathe workouts only. They never feel like they need to be changed, but when I do I definately feel the difference. Then I end up wearing them as "around town" sneakers, because they look so new, I feel bad not wearing them. Like I'm wasting money or something. I did switch some things on the rotation this month, if you check back on the last day of Dec. rotation checkin you will see. Also, this am I changed next week day 5. I am doing DM cardio blast. I realized this morning that gauntlet has Imax2 in it and I will do Imax 3 1-5 on day 2, or RS (still undecided).

When I started yoga I started with Living Arts beginer tape. I don't know if you have any previous yoga experience. This was a great tape. It explained the poses, where your body needs to be positioned and how the pose is related to the body and what is being stretched. From there you can go to any yoga tape or class and feel confident. JMO. The website is www.gaiam.com.

apologizing for any and all spelling mistakes!!:)

BBL-
Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.