Deanies Rotation Check In :::::Monday:::::

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning All:)

Today was day one week six. Are we half way thru? I was not looking forward to all the pushups, but I actually increased them all by 2. Not bad. I also increased all my weights. And again, the timesaver pushups were the hardest! I did 26 pushups for all except side by side and the timesavers, I followed Cathe. I think todays pushups are so much harder because we are also doing shoulders and tri, which are worked in pushups. I can see why people quit in the middle though, I am getting great results, but the workout is so demanding. I'm glad we have each other to help us thru. I think if I were doing this on my own, I may have done something else this week x(

I hope you all had a nice mothers day.

BBL,
Deanie

Good Morning!

Today I did IMAX2 (still have the FitTV 45 min. version) but I intend to buy the real thing with my Mother's Day g.c.!! Woo Hoo!! Now I have that "Do you like pina coladas?" song in my head!!:p To day is our graduation at school, so last day for the kids to be there. Tomorrow is a party at someone's home. My DS (20yo) comes home today for 11 days.....yipeee!!

****If you guys could choose between PS Series and S&H, which would you recommend I buy?

Deanie--WTG on the extra pushups!! I did more on my toes, but did not increase the number. You girls have certainly helped me through this rotation!! Especially since I am still waiting to see results.x( I think I can see my rib cage more easily, but that is not where I need to lose inches!!

Marcy and Tracee--Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and great workout today!

Gin

Gin- PS or S&H that is hard!! I think I would go with S&H because it is totally diff. from anything else Cathe has. I know she is going to do a S&H2, but I still recommend the first!I also have gotten good results with S&H. I also really like PS, and it is heavy weights with 10 reps (like we are doing now) so maybe next time get that.

Deanie

Good morning. Today was day one for me too and again I was unprepared and realized I didn't take good enough notes from last Monday. I was stumbling around with the discs and couldn't find some substitutions for the dvd's I didn't have. Very frustrating and I don't feel like I got a good workout at all. x( If I don't find time this week to plan this workout for next Monday then I'm going to have to do a regular Cathe upper body workout. I'm sure I'll still be sore from the pushups but I just don't like not being able to focus on the weight and having to focus on the dvd player itself.

Anyway, I had a great weekend and my older ds won his baseball tournament. It was very exciting because they beat a really good team and it went into extra innings. I wouldn't have wanted to spend my Mother's Day any other way!!

Hope you all have a good day. I'm thinking it will be Low Max for me tomorrow.

Tracee

Good morning Ladies!

Glad you all had a great MOther's Day. My DH cooked breakfast and made a BBQ for dinner. We had family over and it turned out to be a great day. DS managed to have breakfast with us before having to go to work.

Well, we are almost halfway there and kudos to all of us for hanging in there and supporting each other. Today was Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper X. I almost wimped out and didn't do ARX but pushed myself to do it and it got done. Never got to do kickboxing this weekend so I'm behind by one workout. I don't worry so much about missing my weekend workout since I do extra on Thursdays. I previewed Tracey Staehle's new kickbox workout which I'd like to try this weekend if I get the chance.

Slow Motion 3in1 pushups: increased by 2
In&Out Shoulder Flys: 12# (up 2#)
Chair Dips: 40 with leg raise (increased by 10)
Plange Push-ups - 13 (increased by one)
Pike Presses: 12 (increased by two)
Side Tri-Rises: 19 (increased by one)
Floor Flys (this is still the toughest exercise for me) Did 16 - stayed at same amt. of reps
Scarecrows: 10 reps at 12# (increased by 2#)
Overhead Tricep Extensions: 12 reps at 12# (increased by 2#)
2-Twitch Speed Pushups (another toughie!): 13 1/2
Y-Presses: 9 reps at 13# (increased by 1#)
Lying Tricep Extensions: 5 at 13#, 5 at 12# (increased by 1#)
Side to Side Pushups (another toughie!) 11 reps (increased by 1)
Pour Flys: 9 reps at 10#: 1 more rep (this and floor flys are toughest)
Side leaning tricep extensions: 8 reps at 13# (up 1#)
One-Arm Pushups: 10 reps (increased by 2)
Weighted Circles: 20 @ 8# and 20 @ 5# (3 more reps at 5#)
Throw the Bomb: 12 reps at 12# (increased by 4#)
Clap Pushups: Only did these against wall to get a feel for them (did 12) Will try on floor again next week.
Slo-Mo Throws (tough!): 8 reps at 10# (went up 2#)
Front to Back Tricep Extensions: 8 reps at 12# on left, 10 reps at 12# on right (increased by 2#)
One-Arm Balance Pushups: 10 (2 with leg in air) increased by 2
Fly-Row Presses: 8 reps at 10# (increased by 2#)
Dbbl Cross-Body Blows: 24 reps at 10# (went up 2#)

Ab Ripper X is getting a little easier. I felt like I had a great workout.

Deanie: Middle of next week, we will be halfway thru. Rotation is 13 weeks with last week being another recovery week (which I know I'll be looking forward to.) Good work on increasing the pushups! I actually love all the different kinds of pushups. It's a nice variety so I'm not getting bored. I never knew there were so many kinds of pushups! I forgot, what are the timesaver pushups?

Gin: Good luck on getting BC/ME. I don't really care for ME; I like BC but don't get to do it as much as I'd like but both of the ab sections are great. The pina colada song stays in my head a while too after the workout. Also, Buttercup (is that from C&W)? Congrats on being done with school! As far as S&H vs. PS, I've only tried S&H so far and I love it. I'm looking forward to trying PS after this rotation is through so I'll have to get back to you. If you want ultimate muscle building though, I would go with S&H. I like S&H because she gives the extra rest time. I have to admit I really don't do S&H Legs because I don't like doing the weighted leg work anymore. I have done PS Abs and I like S&H abs better.

Tracee: Congrats on your son's win! It sounds like your advice definitely helped him. Sorry you didn't get a good workout but I agree being prepared helps a lot so go with a regular Cathe upper body if you don't have the time to get all the discs in order (which I agree must be very frustrating.)

Have a good day, all.

Marcy

Marcy- Sounds like you had a great workout!:)

Tracee- I am happy your DS won his tournament. My DS won his game Sat. also, and plays his old coach and kids from last year on Thurs. I hope we win- the old coach is really good. I totally understand your frustration and don't blame you for just doing upper body next week if you want.

Okay, I'm thinking of doing my treadmills HIIT program which is 20 min. Do you think this is an okay substitution for tomorrow? (day 2) or should I add 1/2 an Imax to the treadmill workout?----I got new running shoes and I'm excited to try them out!

Deanie

eta: timesaver pushups: 2 sets 6counts down, 2 counts up; 2 sets 2 counts down, 6 up; 8 single pushups with an arm row inbetween at the top of the pushup. Do again. Then just do the 4 slow count push ups. They are killer, especially at the end of the workout!

Deanie - I think your treadmill workout would be enough but I think you could also play it by ear and see how you feel after you finish the treadmill workout tomorrow. If you feel good and want to add some of Imax than you should, if not, don't. Of course I'm a little biased because I'll always choose less cardio given the choice. Ha!

I forgot to add that my legs are just now feeling more normal after Fridays leg workout. I really had DOMS after that one and the thought of Lowmax right now is scaring me. :eek:

Marcy - I'm always amazed at how much you get accomplished when you say that you weren't going to do something. You always seem to be able to push your way through a workout and that's great.

Gin - I'm so happy for you that your son is staying with you for so many days. I can't remember, does he live in another state? Oh and I would recommend S&H over PS too. PS is good for the workout itself but I prefer S&H.

Have a good evening. I'm running around tonight and have to go to 6th grade orientation at the middle school. Not much longer and my oldest will be moving on to a new school. Yikes!!

Tracee

Deanie: I agree with Tracee. See if you feel you got an intense enough treadmill workout and if not add a few IMAX blasts. Those timesaver pushups sound really tough. I'm glad I'm not doing them:)

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

I just received my Core Synergistics in the mail. Don't know what is up with that?? Glad I didn't bid on another one. Thank you girls for the suggestions to buy S&H over PS. I was thinking that way.

Deanie--I wondered if you bought new running shoes. What brand did you end up buying? I would add more cardio, but then I love cardio. Can you just choose 5 of your favorite "segments" from whatever IMAX you choose?

Tracee-- Sorry about the workout this morning. I try to line up all of my dvds for the week, but that is the way I am, a line-em--up kind of girl!!:D Glad that you had a nice mother's day! My DS just finished his sophomore year in college and is home for 11 days before he leaves to work in Florida for the summer.:-( I'll miss him.

Marcy--I am getting BC/ME by trading 5 of my Firm dvds. I also bought SJP/SB from a yaya swap. I am getting closer to having all of the workouts. Not sure if I want PUB/PLB. Do you guys like that one??

Gin

Gin - Re PLB/PUB - Since I'm not doing weighted leg work, I only do the deadlifts and calf raises in PLB. I do however like the stability ball work very much. It is also a pain to keep changing the barbell. Likewise in PUB, changing weights that fast is a pain in the ----! I do like PUB abs though. I do get good results with PUB. PUB uses all dumbbells. Congrats on getting SJP/SB. You'll love it. That's one of my all-time favorites of Cathe. Hope you have a great visit with your DS. Have fun previewing Core Syn.

Gin

I know I missed you but...

Gin- PUB/PLB is one of my favorites and it has a bonus combo on there of upper and lower together. After this rotation, the changing of weights is not a big consideration. I think PLB is easy to change the weights and PUB is dumbells only. I agree with Marcy, PUB abs is great!

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.