Deanies Rotation Check In :::::Monday:::::

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning All

Today was yoga, but I wanted to wait and use my new BB yoga, so I did my Pilates tape instead. Nice, to the point, 20 min. perfect for today for me. I hope to get my dvd today and do yoga tomorrow.

Blurb: How did you all meet your DHs?
I met mine by being introduced by a mutual friend, we met, went to dinner, and the rest is history :). The irony is, we went to high school together,he was the class before me, we had some mutual friends, but didn't know each other. His high school class was close to 800 kids, and mine was a little over 800. We met 9 years after I graduated HS.

Have a great day
Later-

Deanie

Good Morning!

Today I did CoreMax (w/ the stability ball) and ran 3 miles. This aft. I will do another CoreMax segment and yoga class. Hope it is okay to split up the core work.

Deanie--What Pilates tape did you do? Hope your BB yoga comes today and that you like it. My HS class was over 900...big school! Do you now live in the same city you grew up in?

Tracee-=Do you have access to FitTV? I saw that Cathe's CoreMax and Stretch Max are on today if you have a way to record it. Here it is on at 6am,10am, and 6pm. You can check for your area on the FitTV website.

Marcy--Is it a yoga day for you? How was your weekend?

Blurb--My DH and I met on a blind date in college (we were 19). Actually he told a friend of his (that was dating my best friend) that he wanted to go out with the girl that was always with Susan (my bf). So he had seen me, but I didn't know him. We dated for 3 years and have been married for 25!

have a great day!
Gin

Good Morning!

Gin - That's funny that you mentioned those two workouts from FITtv. I actually recorded two of them last Monday and those are what I did today. They were both using the ball so it was convenient. I forgot to set it to record today's show though. Hopefully, I can get home in time to catch the last one.

I met my dh in high school. He was a grade ahead of me but we had a smaller school than you guys. I think I had about 400 kids in my class and I thought that was huge. Anyway, we dated for a couple of years in high school, broke up for a couple of years and then got back together and have been married for 13 years.

Marcy - Hope you had a great weekend.

Deanie - sound like the perfect pilates workout to me. Which one is it?

Tracee

Hi girls!

Sorry I didn't get to check in over the weekend. We were very busy setting up for open house. Did a lot of cleaning, went to the nursery to get some hanging plants, DH mowing the lawn, sorting clothes, etc. We only had 2 people so far. It might have been more except there was a fire down the block from my house and the street had to be blocked off so it was a little bit hard to get to my house.

Today was Yoga X. I had a pretty good workout. I always seem to have trouble with the right angle pose grabbing wrist underneath. I can do it but just can't hold it for very long. I think for the 2nd yoga workout of the week, I'm going to try Yoga Zone's Power Yoga for Strength & Endurance. I've heard it's real tough so I want to see how true that is. I did Kenpo X last night. I was thinking last week about trying it with my ankle weights but I forgot. I actually had a good workout though. I tried to put more power in my punches. Tony does a whole stretch warmup before the workout but I don't feel comfortable stretching before my workout because I'm still too tight so yesterday I just started right it with the workout and did the stretches afterwards and it felt so much better.

Deanie: I still haven't tried the workout blender on the Body Blast series but I think I'm going to try it when this rotation is done. Sounds like you had a nice workout with KPC. Hope you get your yoga tape today. Glad your boys won their games over the weekend. Believe it or not, I met my husband through the Village Voice! Personal ads do work! He was the first one to call and we're still together after almost 15 years.

Tracee: Hope you get your yoga tape today too. I like Cathe's CM and SM with the ball.

Gin: I think it's okay to split up the core work. Sounds like you're getting a lot done today. Just curious, how much cardio are you doing a week? I know you love to run, but maybe you should try cutting back on cardio just for a week or two and see if you have any different results. Less cardio worked for me although I think you have a different body type so it might not work for you but it's just a thought.

It's nice to see we're all happily married.:)

Have a great day everyone. BBL.

Marcy

Gin - Forgot to mention. I would definitely get HSTA. I can't decide which I like more Drill Max or HSTA but it's definitely at the top of my list for circuit workouts. I just don't like all the leg presses but I tend to skip over some of them.

Marcy

Good Afternoon :)

These are my last quiet moments.... soon the boys will come home, then homework, music lesson and right to baseball tonight!

I enjoyed reading the how we met stories! It is nice we are all in loving relationships.

Gin- My DH and I grew up in Jersey and now we live in MD. My DH was transfered (got the call telling him of the transfer) on our 2nd date!!We were both living in Jersey at the time. And I think its fine, maybe even better, to split up the core work. I think I may follow you on that one. Last time I did 2 core max's in a row, my abs were definatly feeliing it. I also agree with Marcy about the HSTA! Love that workout- It is REALLY hard. definately harder than HSC.

Marcy- good luck with selling your home. I understand the market has turned and now its a buyers market. I hope that works in your favor when you buy your home, it stinks when your selling. To me selling your home is very nerve racking. Your home always has to look good. (with little ones its very hard)

Tracee- Here is the info on my Pilates workout: it is from the Physicalmind Institute. The phone # is 1.800.505.1990, or direct (505)988.1990.It is called Physical Mind workout II. Intermediate/Advanced matwork. I have tried many, many different pilates tapes. None come close to this. It is a very simple video, with 20 min. worth of excersises, and there are very little repititions. For ex. rolling- you do 5-6 and you are done. Or corkscrew: you do 3 one way, 3 the other; teaser you do 3 upper body, and 3 lower body; twist, you do 3 to each side. You definately get results! I thought they have a website, but they don't(or I can't find it) I got this video in '92, it is clear, consise and to the point. Let me know if you get it.

And I do know what a bad}( speller I am! Apologising for the spelling mistakes!

Deanie

I just got my yoga dvd:7 :7 :7
I will be doing it tomorrow!
Now lets hope I can get out of bed!!!!LOL

Deanie:*

Good Afternoon!

Marcy--I have been adding just 1 3 mile run to our weekly rotation. I have stopped going to the aqau jog class. Now that I am back to being able to run and am up to 3 miles, I hate to stop. I got on the scale this morning and was up to 130....what is up with this weight?? It is so frustrating. I know that I am healthy, so I should just be thankful for that. I have been following the Clean Eat Diet and doing our rotation and clothes fit the same. Tomorrow I'll measure. Thanks for letting me vent.x( Good luck with your house-selling.

Deanie--I did buy HSTA and she sent it out today! I did know that your parnets and in-laws live in another state b/c they came to visit you. Sorry...I had forgotten that. Glad you got your yoga dvd today. I am still waiting for CoreMax to come.

Hi Tracee!:D

Gin

Parents not parnets!:7

Gin- DO NOT be upset by the scale!!!Muscle weighs more than fat! If your clothes fit the same, I'd say your good. If your weight goes up AND your clothes are tight, then I'd worry.

I'm happy you got HSTA! You will love it:)

Deanie

Gin - Congrats on getting HSTA! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Regarding the weight, I think I mentioned in an earlier post that for some reason when I weigh more, my body fat is less. I think it's because when you do more cardio, you lose muscle. Personally, I'd rather have lower body fat and a couple of extra pounds. I always love to see a low number on the scale in pounds but now that I have a body fat scale (even though I know it's not a perfect measure) I'd rather see a lower number in body fat.

Deanie - I always read muscle weighs more than fat, but isn't a pound a pound no matter what it is? I know muscle is more dense and compact and that's why we look better and clothes fit better but I can't wrap my head around muscle weighing more than fat. Congrats on getting your DVD. Let me know how you like it.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.